Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wonder how hilariously broken the new classes are going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Wonder how hilariously broken the new classes are going to be.

Gotta sell them steel packs / season passes.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Wandle Cax posted:

I'm actually really surprised the new heroes are only 15,000 steel each, i was expecting about 25,000. I have about 35,000 steel saved up and I was thinking I would only get one of them

I'm surprised too, I'm almost to 50k saved up for that exact reason.

moosecow333 posted:

I really hope one of the centurion's executions is him just punching you in the face. Like, a lot.

Yes

Babe Magnet posted:

centurion better have a Maximus "are you not entertained" taunt

Double yes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is it worth it to buy the champion status packs if you're already putting in a couple hours a day? Seems like you'd make your investment back pretty quick.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Don't believe champ status increases steel, only xp and drops.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I let my Champ status expire. It's benefits just aren't worth it IMO. The only good thing is the increased chance of gear.

I dunno, it's just too expensive for what it gives. I'd rather have a Mythic outfit.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yardbomb posted:

I'm just saving up my steel to potentially buy the centurion or shinobi mythic or executions or whatever. Even though he's supposed to be knight side or whatever, I really, really hope the centurion doesn't have the horrible flame wing effect, since day 1 that thing has looked like some awful korean MMO cosmetic to me.

How can someone be this wrong, the Conqueror's hip thrust while flames burst out of his shoulders is 50% of what makes him hilarious to play with.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Welp, I don't know if it's something on my end or something with the update but I can't play this game anymore. Nothing but red NAT all the time now. I've gone through a ton of guides to try and fix it and nothing seems to be working. RIP

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Rabbi Tupac posted:

Welp, I don't know if it's something on my end or something with the update but I can't play this game anymore. Nothing but red NAT all the time now. I've gone through a ton of guides to try and fix it and nothing seems to be working. RIP

P sure Ubisoft servers are just hosed currently. Most people can't even log in, and if you do you have the hosed nat.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Is it worth it to buy the champion status packs if you're already putting in a couple hours a day? Seems like you'd make your investment back pretty quick.

well if this downtime lasts much longer you'll have a chance to find out

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

exquisite tea posted:

Champion status does not increase Steel gain.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

Didn't they give everyone two days of champ status the last time the servers poo poo out like this?

Edit: Just logged in and I have it, but I'm also not finding a game with yellow NAT (xbone).

Mambo No. 5 fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 28, 2017

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yeah guess we'll all be getting another 3 days of champ status

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Captain Beans posted:

P sure Ubisoft servers are just hosed currently. Most people can't even log in, and if you do you have the hosed nat.

Ah, good to know.

And of loving course that's the case. Ubi, please get your poo poo together. I want to play your game.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

servers are up

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
im the flicker bug, im simple to fix even though i am ignored, ama

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Liu posted:

im the flicker bug, im simple to fix even though i am ignored, ama

Please explain how to fix you

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

What's the flicker bug? Somebody accused me of doing it in 1v1 even though I don't even know how.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

exquisite tea posted:

What's the flicker bug? Somebody accused me of doing it in 1v1 even though I don't even know how.

As far as i can tell it is just doing a zone attack with peacekeeper. The indicator flashes on both sides which makes it hard to block, therefore it is not honoraburu to use a basic attack.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I play Warden though. Doesn't her zone attack always come out from the same side?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yes which is why the flicker bug is not really a big deal it's pretty obvious when it's a zone attack and you just block to the left

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

I just started playing this game and am enjoying it far more than I ever expected. However, I'm very disappointed that I can't play a female Shugoki.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
It's not 'overpowered', it's just not within the design intent of the game. It's a bugged behaviour and should be fixed to be consistent, is all. Attacks with ambiguous directions (E: I'd still like that to be a thing, have a yellow indicator flash or something for moves that 'could be here OR here' directions) should be by intent, not because they can't get the drat indicators to work right.

Not gonna hate on anyone doing it right now, it's on Ubi to resolve (or not, possibly, maybe they think it's fine or don't care, idk) it's just more about creating an experience that's intuitive to learn - One of the biggest crimes of traditional FG's over the years is how many of them end up having weird internal 'you just have to know this' logic, you can't pick up the game 'within the game' as it were.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

basalt posted:

I just started playing this game and am enjoying it far more than I ever expected. However, I'm very disappointed that I can't play a female Shugoki.

I started playing a week ago and I lose so many duels because some of the people you'll be up against have almost a year of experience up on the beta from you, but there's something so immensely satisfying about the combat that keeps me playing. It's definitely not a game to get into worried about your K/D/A, but more often than not, I learn enough from the matches to improve in some small way after. One day I might even beat a Lawbringer.

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

exquisite tea posted:

I started playing a week ago and I lose so many duels because some of the people you'll be up against have almost a year of experience up on the beta from you, but there's something so immensely satisfying about the combat that keeps me playing. It's definitely not a game to get into worried about your K/D/A, but more often than not, I learn enough from the matches to improve in some small way after. One day I might even beat a Lawbringer.
I've only tried a handful of duels so far, and have lost every single one. Fortunately, I'm not too bothered about losing so long as the combat is interesting in and of itself (and it is, especially as a Nobushi).

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I play Warden though. Doesn't her zone attack always come out from the same side?

A few characters have that issue. Orochi flickers to the top before actually hitting to the right, and I think it may be the same thing for Warden. I seem to remember Kensei also flickers to the left before hitting from the right, or the other way around.

It's just a little extra annoyance on top of the general issue around zone attacks. Some characters just get ZAs that have some of the shortest windups (IIRC Peacekeeper's is the fastest attack in the game, and Warden's and Orochi's are at the same speed as the fastest lights around) while hitting for the damage of a heavy, while others struggle to have anything connect from neutral without being blocked every single time. Having an extra distraction on top of all that is just the cherry on top, particularly if you play one of the classes with a noticeable guardswitch delay. I'm pretty sure if you play one of those and instinctively react to the first flicker, you literally cannot switch back to the correct guard in time before being hit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I can definitely see how that would be annoying. Warden's zone attack comes out super fast and almost always seems to connect unless they're expecting it. The damage isn't great though and it costs half your stamina. I mostly use to get my opponents to stop guarding top since I always want to initiate with that quick top light.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

the trick with lawbringer is just to learn to CGB

generally guard top vs him, his top light is fast

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You really should choose your character before joining the matchmaker so that the game bases your opponents on your character's level and not on your overall account.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Mans posted:

You really should choose your character before joining the matchmaker so that the game bases your opponents on your character's level and not on your overall account.

I wish. This is gonna get real bad when everyone's trying to play centurion and shinobi too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I really wish this game would pulse your quickbar when you're alt+tabbed and get into a match, or at least let you dress up your characters + emblem while you're waiting.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

Yardbomb posted:

I wish. This is gonna get real bad when everyone's trying to play centurion and shinobi too.

I'll probably just duel vs bots with those heroes until I'm comfortable with them, then I'll think about playing against humans.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That reminds me to ask, does it hurt your overall W/L or EXP when a player drops out before completing the match? I know it doesn't mean a whole lot but I've had a few ragequitters in 1v1 this morning who left to let me duke it out with a bot.

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

Is it possible to acquire Momiji's amazing hat at any point?

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I really wish this game would pulse your quickbar when you're alt+tabbed and get into a match, or at least let you dress up your characters + emblem while you're waiting.

the closest you can do is enable sounds while minimised to let you know if a match has started

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

That reminds me to ask, does it hurt your overall W/L or EXP when a player drops out before completing the match? I know it doesn't mean a whole lot but I've had a few ragequitters in 1v1 this morning who left to let me duke it out with a bot.

pretty sure it actually counts it as a loss on their end

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

You get the same experience and a win on your record if they quit out and you beat up the bot. They don't get a loss (so they're quitting to protect their precious K/D) but they also don't get any experience or rewards.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
can't seem to complete quests with the AI anymore, guess i missed that memo

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Liu posted:

can't seem to complete quests with the AI anymore, guess i missed that memo

Yeah that's apparently a known bug that is being worked on. Sucks, I was enjoying the steady stream of steel and XP :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That's strange, I was doing some of the Dominion challenges vs. AI this morning and got completion credit for them.