Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Lakbay posted:

I met everyone before hand except the Gerudo and the Goron but I found them easily just following the road to their respective capitols.

I wish Tarrey Town completely replaced Hylian Homeowner and Link got a tacky prefab home along with all the other son folks

Look, Link's a good guy and all but he's not... uh the type we have in mind for Tarrey Town.

He lacks a certain je ne sais quoi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I've got like 200+ hours in this game and I'm sure I haven't seen an enemy riding a bear yet. :(

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The DLC should let you change Link's name to Linkson.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
You should have been able to suggest Linkson as a name for the baby.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Where do you see how many hours you've logged on the game?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

yamdankee posted:

Where do you see how many hours you've logged on the game?

If you're on switch, going to your switch profile will give you an approximate hour count ("185 hours or more")

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Oh. I'm on Wii U cuz I'm cheap as h*ck

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Main Wii U Menu -> Daily log -> click on the square of the game you want to see that you played. A dialogue box will open up and tell you the total time played and the amount of times played.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

E: that^

Wii U has an activity log app

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What happens at the end of a dungeon if you already have max hearts? Does it give you a stamina container?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

That situation can't happen, I think. It will max you out at -4 hearts (assuming you don't have more than 5 stamina upgrades, in which case it will be maxed out before).

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Can someone give me a general hint as to where to find the beverage wanted by the thirsty Gerudo lying on the guidance stone?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Chaltab posted:

Can someone give me a general hint as to where to find the beverage wanted by the thirsty Gerudo lying on the guidance stone?

1. Check somewhere in Gerudo town.

2. What store sounds like it would offer drinks?

3. Talk to the bartender in the bar behind the inn.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

What happens at the end of a dungeon if you already have max hearts? Does it give you a stamina container?

With 120 shrines, and 4 spirit orbs per upgrade, that's 30 upgrades of either hearts or stamina and then on top of that 4 hearts from db's

You can use a maximum 27 of those 30 upgrades on hearts, which basically coerces you into upgrading your stamina wheel (to 1.6 wheels) or just leaving the orbs dormant.

Even if you were to ignore the DB's, and do all shrines first for some reason (without doing a stamina upgrade, because you're crazy) you could theoretically end up with 30 hearts and only 1.6 stamina wheels before doing the DB's at all. No telling what the DB's would do for you in that case.

Chaltab posted:

Go back into Gerudo Town and head to the right side of the town after the entrance. (Behind the wall you see in the main courtyard) You'll find a place of business. Start talking to people.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

MustelaFuro posted:

Does anyone know what's up with the weird room above the Sanctum? It doesn't seem to serve any real function.

Did no one else find this room? No one else was perplexed by it?

Edit: this is really funny and fun to try.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2E-esYspzM

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

MustelaFuro posted:

It doesn't serve any real purpose, but it seems to be where Ganon's containment cocoon is 'anchored.'

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

MustelaFuro posted:

Edit: this is really funny and fun to try.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2E-esYspzM

I found it before Ganon and thought I had to do something special to make him spawn in there.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Seriously, where and when the gently caress does Farosh spawn? I've checked all the places the guides say it spawns in, no luck.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

If you have the Zora armor, warping to Shoda Sah shrine in the jungle and going up the waterfall at night pretty consistently spawns Farosh from the lake at the top of the falls.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Scratch-O posted:

Seriously, where and when the gently caress does Farosh spawn? I've checked all the places the guides say it spawns in, no luck.

It spawns at Hylia lake at 6 AM, you can wait for morning and then glide down to the bridge from the tower.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

DalaranJ posted:

It spawns at Hylia lake at 6 AM, you can wait for morning and then glide down to the bridge from the tower.

See, that's what I just did, and Farosh didn't show up. Apparently it spawns in more than one location? How are you supposed to get their materials consistently?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Scratch-O posted:

See, that's what I just did, and Farosh didn't show up. Apparently it spawns in more than one location? How are you supposed to get their materials consistently?

I think Farosh has multiple spawn locations, but he seems to always appear at the one you're nearest. If you make a campfire at the south end of Hylia bridge and wait until morning he should pop out not long afterward. Another camp spot is at the spring at the very top of Floria Falls. I've also seen him flying around in the Gerudo Highlands

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So do I just not get to ride a moose? Because I don't think I can get more stealthy, here.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
By the way, someone ITT had mentioned consternation earlier over breaking a bunch of their weapons for a shrine-opening puzzle involving four balls outdoors in a thunderstorm.

The way to do the puzzle without breaking several weapons in the process is to: Leave a metal weapon on the ground beside the ball, Stasis the ball before lightning strikes the metal weapon. Smack or shoot the ball once more to correct its trajectory if needed.

It feels like a janky as hell method compared to bringing a couple hammers, but I'm positive it's the "legit" way of solving the puzzle without using up durability.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Fix posted:

So do I just not get to ride a moose? Because I don't think I can get more stealthy, here.

Moose (Meese?) can't look up :ninja:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Scratch-O posted:

Easiest way to invoke it I've found is warp to the stable near the Floria Lake bridge, wait till morning, then amble along the bridge to the convenient lookout spot. It spawns at the pool at the top of the northern falls, flies down them and under the bridge.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Scratch-O posted:

wait until the next day, they move around to their new spots when you are in the area but if its too late to spawn they won't spawn.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Riola spring is so much better than lake Hylia for Farosh. I don't know why the latter keeps coming up. At Riola you can just keep resting till morning and he spawns right away right next to you every time.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

By the way, someone ITT had mentioned consternation earlier over breaking a bunch of their weapons for a shrine-opening puzzle involving four balls outdoors in a thunderstorm.

The way to do the puzzle without breaking several weapons in the process is to: Leave a metal weapon on the ground beside the ball, Stasis the ball before lightning strikes the metal weapon. Smack or shoot the ball once more to correct its trajectory if needed.

It feels like a janky as hell method compared to bringing a couple hammers, but I'm positive it's the "legit" way of solving the puzzle without using up durability.

The game spawned several skeletons at night, and when I left an orb behind to retreat onto the plateau, the skeletons started throwing things at me - like the orb, for instance

Worked for all others outside the plateau as well :smuggo:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Scratch-O posted:

Here you go: https://youtu.be/mYsNVxsWfFI

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Can I get a non-spoilery hint or direction I should explore to figure out what to do with the monster birdle and saddle I bought from Kilton? I thought it'd make your horse less scared of monster attacks but I couldn't equip it

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Can I get a non-spoilery hint or direction I should explore to figure out what to do with the monster birdle and saddle I bought from Kilton? I thought it'd make your horse less scared of monster attacks but I couldn't equip it

It's purely cosmetic. Sorry dude. Make sure your horse loves you as much as possible. Feeding it helps. (they like apples and carrots)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lakbay posted:

You need to go to one of the stables that has horse customization to get it equipped.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

I just tried attaching a bunch of octoballoons to the top of a stone talus. They just pop :(

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

MustelaFuro posted:

I just tried attaching a bunch of octoballoons to the top of a stone talus. They just pop :(

Respect for trying

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
With the photo limit, should I take pictures of stuff I'd like to find, or just photo everything!?

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Thyrork posted:

With the photo limit, should I take pictures of stuff I'd like to find, or just photo everything!?

You can delete photos.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

MustelaFuro posted:

You can delete photos.

So delete the chaff, keep the stuff I want to find then?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Thyrork posted:

Do you want the satisfaction of completing the compendium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I believe in capitalism and buy all my photos.