Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Azathoth posted:

I read an article a while back about how this kind of grift killed the Tea Party as an organized movement that people rallied behind. It apparently has degenerated into a never-ending stream of "Donate $20 now to stop Obama from implementing Sharia law in your home town!!!" emails from Super PACs that don't actually do much political action.

Yeah but the grift machine shifted, changed its name, and now we have MAGA.

The marks stay the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Azathoth posted:

I read an article a while back about how this kind of grift killed the Tea Party as an organized movement that people rallied behind. It apparently has degenerated into a never-ending stream of "Donate $20 now to stop Obama from implementing Sharia law in your home town!!!" emails from Super PACs that don't actually do much political action.

naturalists refer to this as 'parasite load'

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Barbe Rouge posted:

"man wearing flags" hahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXjLI9yxQvo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ben Carson's campaign was nothing but a ripping-off-the-base graft machine that Carson himself had no control over and it ruled.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I see three distinct groups who go to these rallies:

1. MAGA chuds - old tea party types and Muh freedom turds.

2. Pepe Squad - the autistic kids who are doing it for the "lols".

3. Nazis. They can try and rebrand all they want but they are Nazis.

The right sides coalition is something to behold.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

Ben Carson's campaign was nothing but a ripping-off-the-base graft machine that Carson himself had no control over and it ruled.
My brother spotted a Ben Carson bumper sticker in the wild a few weeks ago. Those rare moments you have to savor.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Shear Modulus posted:

nobody ever seemed more surprised at his candidacy than ben carson himself

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Al! posted:

nobody ever seemed more surprised at his candidacy than ben carson himself

Learned nothing from Pokemon king Herman Cain did he.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/Choplogik/status/857017021497720834

Life comes at you fast.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

should have shilled for more male enhancement pills or ground up emu testicle shakes or whatever the new thing is with neets

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Just expressing their freedom of speech, what's the harm?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

gotta vent that economic anxiety somehow dude

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

wizard on a water slide posted:

gotta vent that economic anxiety somehow dude

You're behind the times, now the line is that they're just larpers and harmless grifters and any antifa who try to engage with them are just stupid kids who get emotional about a couple sieg heils

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wait a second i thought they just went away when you didnt look at them

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

wait a second i thought they just went away when you didnt look at them

It's almost like white supremacy was baked into the foundation of this country and this downplaying of fascists and mockery of all antifa as stupid kids is just the latest iteration in finding ways to tacitly accept it or something

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I think we should just get back to the basics.

leave them to their lame self attended by 50 rallies, let their WaG, coworkers and friends know how lovely they are and then occasionally sucker punch one out the blue on camera just to keep them suiting up for Avengers: really lame patrol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sneakyfrog posted:

I think we should just get back to the basics.

leave them to their lame self attended by 50 rallies, let their WaG, coworkers and friends know how lovely they are and then occasionally sucker punch one out the blue on camera just to keep them suiting up for Avengers: really lame patrol

and if they smash up a few minority businesses along they way itll be fiiiiiiine

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

and if they smash up a few minority businesses along they way itll be fiiiiiiine

This, also a fair number of these people have been outed and it seems like they're doing pretty loving fine by and large, maybe because people aren't as opposed to fascism by default as you might think, hmmm

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Al! posted:

well fine dont attend the rallies but if you want to defend local vulnerable and disenfranchised businesses with maybe a certain degree of reasonable force i wouldn't say no :swoon:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
but film everything from multiple angles dammit. its new weird internet land.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

there were like 100+ cops on the berkeley college campus stopping-and-frisking every "suspicious" looking kid but lol snowflakes

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
How about we just wreck up the businesses that are owned by and hire racists people?

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

well fine dont attend the rallies but if you want to defend local vulnerable and disenfranchised businesses with maybe a certain degree of reasonable force i wouldn't say no :swoon:

Something even cooler than defending "vulnerable and disenfranchised businesses" is defending vulnerable and disenfranchised people, in case anyone here is taking notes

Like yeah do both for sure but that's like the worst possible framing

woke kaczynski has issued a correction as of 23:10 on Apr 28, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

apokaladle posted:

Something even cooler than defending "vulnerable and disenfranchised businesses" is defending vulnerable and disenfranchised people, in case anyone here is taking notes

Like yeah do both for sure but that's like the worst possible framing

You are correct.

my sentimental brain was thinking mom and pop stuff not franchised bullshit

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

MizPiz posted:

How about we just wreck up the businesses that are owned by and hire racists people?

obama closed all the racism factories

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

You are correct.

my sentimental brain was thinking mom and pop stuff not franchised bullshit

I mean this place is legitimately a cool local spot. It's a good place with good people. I'm really on edge right now, so I may have been unnecessarily snappy there, apologies.

But seriously though, these people can be laughable dipshits and legitimate threats at the same time. They have a lot of real advantages on their side, and one of them is being underestimated and laughed off. That is what they want, make no mistake. They want the attention of street fights as well, but only because they do not truly fear losing yet.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

apokaladle posted:

I mean this place is legitimately a cool local spot. It's a good place with good people. I'm really on edge right now, so I may have been unnecessarily snappy there, apologies.

But seriously though, these people can be laughable dipshits and legitimate threats at the same time. They have a lot of real advantages on their side, and one of them is being underestimated and laughed off. That is what they want, make no mistake. They want the attention of street fights as well, but only because they do not truly fear losing yet.

its cool friend.

I just misphrase occasionally and :beerpal: + :corsair:

I just try not to rise to get so goddamn mad anymore.

most of the time its a miscommunication. the other times call em out or punch em in the mouth.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/858033693344112646

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"I'm going to be actively hunting out 13, 14, 15 year-old boys", says man who lost book deal for pedophile apologia

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

I hope he doesn't mean in the Spartan sense...

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Bold strategy for Milo to bounce back from pedophilia apologism by declaring his love for 13-15 year old boys

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The same joke, three times in a row.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/858059545574350848

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Evil knows no bounds and has no bottom to their cretinous barrel. the alt right are utter loving child raping animals.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah, not surprised.

yeah. it sounds like he is trying to do the kelsey grahmer thing of trying to start a whole conseravtive comedy/circle jerk. he already lost his crown and i doubt he will get it back or go mainstream.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, not surprised.

yeah. it sounds like he is trying to do the kelsey grahmer thing of trying to start a whole conseravtive comedy/circle jerk. he already lost his crown and i doubt he will get it back or go mainstream.

sounds more like he found some moneyhaver to fund his coke habit under the guise of building a "right wing trolling company"

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

12 M dollars to hunt tender young altright youtube boys to take on tour, the world is an increasingly absurd place. Its beyond parody at this point.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

you mean to tell me literal children can often hold retarded loving political opinions?! well I NEVER

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

As hilarious as that is I really hope this does not end with a bunch of teenage boys getting molested by that greasy creep :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
cant wait to get called a cuck by 14 year olds lmao