Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dees is pretty crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Organizations Dennis Rodman has worked for, since leaving the Bulls, and before meeting Kim Jong Un:

• Los Angeles Lakers
  • Dallas Mavericks
  • Long Beach Jam
  • Fuerza Ligia (Mexico)
  • Orange County Crush
  • Tijuana Dragons
  • Lingerie Football League (as commissioner)

Also, he endorsed Donald Trump for president.

Thanks, Chicago Bulls!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

loquacius posted:

so is Dees back on the Trump train now or what, I thought he was done with him
He's mentally ill and probably thinks medication is a plot by mole people to steal his teeth. Don't try to glean any consistency from his work. Dude has been flip-flopping on Trump for two years now.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
The thing that bothers me the most about the Dees cartoon is that he's looking at an aircraft carrier, yet Trump is showing in the binocular lenses. Maybe the lenses are embossed with Trump's face or something.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

SOME loving IDIOT: Murder is bad
CONVICTED MURDERER: :kiddo:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's Kim Jung Un's birthday. For presents, he got a big military parade full of pointy missiles (his favorites!), a Chicago Bulls vest, and a Trump-brand pair of novelty goggles that show a stereoscopic image of a US Navy carrier group. Thanks Santa! It was a good birthday for the Dear Leader of Best Korea.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Jay Rust posted:

Dees is pretty crazy!

Dees nuts?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rincewinds posted:

Dees nuts?

Dees's nuts.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Selachian posted:

Trump announced in his Reuters interview that he considers himself a "globalist." Ben Garrison headsplosion in 3, 2, 1....

Here's the quote btw.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/857773497459855360

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Ed Balls,

Dee's Nuts

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ActualNaziPunchingAWomanInTheFace.jpg

:itwaspoo:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

A generation ago UC Berkeley was considered the home of the free speech movement. Now students and imported thugs riot there to silence speakers they don’t like.

Last week the university cancelled a speech by Ann Coulter because it claimed it assure her safety. She vowed to speak anyway but backed out yesterday.

Chip Bok posted:

Barack is back. He will give a speech to the Wall Street firm Cantor Fitzgerald in September. HIs fee? $400,000. The same amount as his annual salary as president.

President Obama had harsh words (at no extra charge) for Wall Street bankers in 2009. He called them “fat cats who don’t get it.”

Elizabeth Warren isn’t happy.

Chip Bok posted:

President Trump cracked down on sanctuary cities. He ordered restrictions on federal funding to cities that refuse to turn over undocumented immigrants to the feds. Federal District Court Judge William Orrick, blocked his order.

Last year President Obama threatened to pull federal funding from schools that don’t provide transgender restroom facilities. Trump revoked that rule in February.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton had sued over the bathroom issue on the grounds that Obama had bypassed congressional authority. Judge Orick used the same reasoning to block Trump’s sanctuary order.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The fact that it's so easy to find so many cartoons and thinkpieces and lovely tweets calling the Berkeley students who think fascism is bad "THE REAL NAZIS" in complete contradiction to the actual facts is why Trump got elected. Everything can be twisted into "other side bad, my side good" and you can find thousands of 'sources' agreeing with you. Reality has ceased to matter.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Rowe on the Trump presidency's first 100 days:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I couldn't even parse what the hell I was looking at until getting to the second panel. Why is Obama a gray mouse/vase/mudman?

Lurdiak posted:

The fact that it's so easy to find so many cartoons and thinkpieces and lovely tweets calling the Berkeley students who think fascism is bad "THE REAL NAZIS" in complete contradiction to the actual facts is why Trump got elected. Everything can be twisted into "other side bad, my side good" and you can find thousands of 'sources' agreeing with you. Reality has ceased to matter.

That's propaganda 101, refitted for a 21st century government consisting of two sides. This American Life podcast did an interesting podcast on Putin's methods of information control, which involved a lot of techniques he learned from reality TV to make things less about information and more about making it exciting. Podcast here, transcript here. We're seeing a lot of the same, you got to make things exciting, not truthful.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Has there actually been any public bookburnings these guys are always on about?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hihohe posted:

Yeah, conservatives burn books they hate all the time.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

No, there haven't been any book burnings in the US recently. It's just the natural hyperbole from people screaming, "My freedom of speech."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
wow that Chip Bok guy sure is dumb!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Hihohe posted:

Well a few years back there was that rightist evangelical preacher in Florida who wanted to burn a bunch of Korans.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I know book burning is a strong visual metaphor and everything but social media being covered by your articles and not your opponent's is the real power over information nowadays. How to represent that visually though...

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well a few years back there was that rightist evangelical preacher in Florida who wanted to burn a bunch of Korans.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

You idiot, that's an Ann Coulter book! You're supposed to be burning good books!

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I was looking for some horrible Red Panels cartoon because I saw one of his more harmless cartoons used somewhere that bugged me. When I was looking for it I remembered how often this guy self-owned and made AGCs

First the self-owns

Then a couple AGCs

Then I remembered he was just a hateful piece of poo poo and I'm glad he's dead

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

insightful commentary

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Did Ramirez just really feel like drawing an elaborate sitting room today and shoehorning a comic into it?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

(crazy)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

God drat it, you know he's gonna come back, let us enjoy this respite in peace.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Sir Tonk posted:

insightful commentary

The man knows his audience.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I want to rip out Tinsley's spine.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

no, because johnson winning would require us to be a different country altogether. It's like asking "what if we all spoke german" or "what if we gave a poo poo about poor people"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

No, "they" as singular is not wrong, and what, other than hatred, is stopping you from just calling people what they want to be called?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I suppose one could do an interesting study on which would more likely to create ambiguity in conversation between those two when referring to a high animacy referent where you don't know or care about the gender.

Not Tinsley though because he actively hates the advancement of human knowledge.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

http://www.americandialect.org/2015-word-of-the-year-is-singular-they

does he have a two week delay or a two year delay?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

They has been a singular since at least the 14th century and its attempted elimination by staunch prescriptivist types is a comparatively recent phenomenon (Mid-19th century) which never completely caught on even when it was a popular rule to try to implement.

Could it be that :tinsley: doesn't actually give a poo poo about the English language and just wants to be a dehumanizing rear end in a top hat?!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"You" used to be plural-only, but then it started replacing "thou" as the second-person singular pronoun of choice. The Tinsleys of the 17th century must've been annoyed by that shift too

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jeremy breaks up with Sara again
Jon Arbuckle's going back to the farm
Trans people are things, not humans!
Kid from family circus is cute
Marmaduke is too large
Hagar just finished raiding a town

Lurdiak posted:

I want to rip out Tinsley's spine.

Just remember that we are the only people in the world who care about him at all at this point.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Technowolf posted:

ActualNaziPunchingAWomanInTheFace.jpg

:itwaspoo:

Florida was a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The first amendment preserves speech, not a venue or some made-up right not to be judged.

• Locked thread