Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gyges posted:

Guess I was remembering personal speculation as fact. Seems somebody tipped off Kaido. Pretty unlikely to just happen to take your long walk off a short cloud right above the dudes plotting against you.

They were plotting against Shanks not Kaido.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Gyges posted:

Guess I was remembering personal speculation as fact. Seems somebody tipped off Kaido. Pretty unlikely to just happen to take your long walk off a short cloud right above the dudes plotting against you.

They were always planning against shanks, not kaido. The kidd alliance actually says at one point after the do flamingo defeat that it makes it clear luffy/law are after kaido, so it's good they won't waste resources going after each other (if they were after shanks)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So they were and my brain is mush.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I wanna see more Bonney.

bonney's power is really interesting but, considering the setup for kaido and the fact that blackbeard left her tied up for the marines, I figure we won't be seeing her in the main story until after wano and kaido are dealt with

maybe she'll get some screentime before then when the scene shifts to other people tho

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
There was a panel of her eating pizza and reading the paper after Dresrosa though.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Pedro is basically a Zoro stand-in for the wedding arc.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

There was a panel of her eating pizza and reading the paper after Dresrosa though.

the point is that she has beef with blackbeard and the marines, so she'll be important when they're important

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

tbp posted:

They were always planning against shanks, not kaido. The kidd alliance actually says at one point after the do flamingo defeat that it makes it clear luffy/law are after kaido, so it's good they won't waste resources going after each other (if they were after shanks)

That will be a good chapter to see Shanks slapping them around.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the only person shanks is allowed to lose to is luffy or blackbeard

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Shanks will clown on Blackbeard but then something underhanded will happen and Blackbeard will win

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Shanks will fight with Luffy but then Blackbeard shows up to beat up a tired out Shanks with some underhanded tactic.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Crazyeyes posted:

That will be a good chapter to see Shanks slapping them around.

well it wont happen because kaido alone apparently demolished the entire alliance

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I still can't help but laugh at how lovely their luck was.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It's kinda poo poo luck but Kaido didn't give half a poo poo about Urouge, so part of the problem was probably that they decided they could take out an Emperor then and there.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I wonder which Sky Island that giant tribal tarroed man came from? Did he share a bunk with Enel in Bilkia before it got nuked?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Parrotine posted:

I wonder which Sky Island that giant tribal tarroed man came from? Did he share a bunk with Enel in Bilkia before it got nuked?

Based on his wings, he's probably a Bilkian. Each of the three tribes has a different style of wing, with Bilkians having the largest and the Shandians the smallest.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Oh Snapple! posted:

I still can't help but laugh at how lovely their luck was.

It wasn't the emperor they wanted but if you're intending to fight them having one literally land on top of you is incredible luck because you don't have to fight their entire armada

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Shanks will lose to Buggy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

It's kinda poo poo luck but Kaido didn't give half a poo poo about Urouge, so part of the problem was probably that they decided they could take out an Emperor then and there.

Ma D. Monk Urouge scares him off with his Haki

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Ma D. Monk Urouge scares him off with his Haki

Would that even work though, he already easily defeated Captain Ki D. D.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
This is week one of the two week break because of Golden Week, right? :negative:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I think we were due another chapter after golden week, but after that I believe there'll be another break.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

loving breaks man. Arc is good tho so I'll forgive our chain-smoking mangaka.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
apparently the anime got a new director and the guy who was directing everything and doing all the character design now just does the character design so maybe the anime will get slightly less bad!!

theres your good break news, i guess

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sub Harrison posted:

loving breaks man. Arc is good tho so I'll forgive our chain-smoking mangaka.

it's golden week my dude everyone has it off

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

anime was right posted:

apparently the anime got a new director and the guy who was directing everything and doing all the character design now just does the character design so maybe the anime will get slightly less bad!!

I mean they've still got the problem of being nose up on the manga release.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

anime was right posted:

This is definitely Big News.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean they've still got the problem of being nose up on the manga release.

Maybe they can stick a filler arc in when/after they meet Pudding and draw things out a bit?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

In One Piece, women are either Nami or grotesque.

One reason I like the Amazon Lily arc is that it shows this absolutely isn't the case. Oda is clearly capable of drawing women in a variety of body shapes, he just doesn't bother (probably cause it's a shounen comic and thus there's not really any outward pressure to do so).

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
It's such a shame, too, because the character designs in Amazon Lily were very clearly Oda's A game. There's a ton of interesting looking ladies there! It's very disappointing he didn't keep it up since then.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Countblanc posted:

This is definitely Big News.

edit:

anime was right fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 29, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gnome7 posted:

It's such a shame, too, because the character designs in Amazon Lily were very clearly Oda's A game. There's a ton of interesting looking ladies there! It's very disappointing he didn't keep it up since then.

Too busy drawing cute outfits for his wife to wear.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

oh my god

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

This emote is BIG NEWS!

Jesse James
Oct 11, 2009

IchiGO?

:golfclap:

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

holy poo poo

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Can you speed it up a bit, otherwise it is perfecto :yohoho:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nessus posted:

Can you speed it up a bit, otherwise it is perfecto :yohoho:

hows this

anime was right fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Apr 29, 2017

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little