Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Any of you guys know what to do where you chuck the monkey at the button to bring down the freight elevator?

There's another button once you get inside but I can't get her to throw the monkey at it for the life of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Hey is it possible to unplug the light bar in a DualShock 4 without damaging the controller and if so, will it doing that save battery life?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You can set the lightbar to dimmer than default, i think that helps a little

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GreatGreen posted:

Hey is it possible to unplug the light bar in a DualShock 4 without damaging the controller and if so, will it doing that save battery life?

Yes but its an led its not that power hungry on dim

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm in love with this game. I can already see it being one of those games I rave about to people, like Unraveled.

Interesting you cite Unraveled because I was so hot on that and then kinda just lost interest midway...

Is Little Nightmares better?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 28, 2017

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I just remembered in Dragon Age Inquisition where you'd go to the war room and send people off on missions that sounded infinitely more interesting than any of the poo poo you got to actually do

:psyduck:

TBF this is also MGSV

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I remember assigning them to different things on your super secret water fort no skull faces allowed, but I don't remember sending them off to do stuff

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I remember assigning them to different things on your super secret water fort no skull faces allowed, but I don't remember sending them off to do stuff

You send people off to do stuff like disable enemy supplies of helmets/sniper rifles/shotguns/night vision goggles, etc.

It was a cool idea, but it was implemented so bafflingly horribly that it's easy to not want to pay attention to it. As in, you hit the button in the menu to have your guys go on the mission, then it takes 20-40 real time minutes before the change takes place, then the game goes right back to what it was shortly after that but never updates you on when the status change, so you kinda have to luck into the un-telegraphed window of time where the game is under the effects of those mission results.

Yay.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 28, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ooo yea I remember that now, you're right

that was what the combat division did I think?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I just beat the Raven DLC of Gravity Rush 2 and was pleasantly surprised!

The smaller scale meant it actually had a focused story, with a setup, a couple of nice emotional beats, boss fights that beat most of the ones in the main campaign (with some pretty cool new bad guys) , AND a satisfying ending that made sense. The last scene was a legit touching moment!

To top it all off, it actually takes place just after the first game, and doesn't require you to watch a bad anime before playing it. I'd only heard bad things about the DLC before playing it, but I actually enjoyed it more than the main game, pacing- and plot-wise.

If you own the game but didn't bother with the DLC, give it a try!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

Unraveled was lame tho

God, I thought that game was super affecting. Like, the coast level was so beautiful that I never wanted it to end. Maybe it helps the nostalgia to have a beer in you while playing.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Prey demo good, gently caress the haters.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Prey demo good, gently caress the haters.

I'd love to hear your argument.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bombadilillo posted:

I'd love to hear your argument.

gently caress the haters

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Awesome! posted:

gently caress the haters

:madmax: noice

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

You send people off to do stuff like disable enemy supplies of helmets/sniper rifles/shotguns/night vision goggles, etc.

It was a cool idea, but it was implemented so bafflingly horribly that it's easy to not want to pay attention to it. As in, you hit the button in the menu to have your guys go on the mission, then it takes 20-40 real time minutes before the change takes place, then the game goes right back to what it was shortly after that but never updates you on when the status change, so you kinda have to luck into the un-telegraphed window of time where the game is under the effects of those mission results.

Yay.

What's even worse is that there were other operations you could send your guys on off-screen, and those were the only times you got to "use" BATTLE GEAR.

Apparently Kojima had plans to let you pilot Battle Gear, but it was too powerful so he relegated it to a menu option. You can look at it I guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

What's even worse is that there were other operations you could send your guys on off-screen, and those were the only times you got to "use" BATTLE GEAR.

Apparently Kojima had plans to let you pilot Battle Gear, but it was too powerful so he relegated it to a menu option. You can look at it I guess.

I doubt they finished it, there are far too many too powerful options already in the game for another more powerful tank to matter

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

I got Mad Max for cheap because A) I loved Shadows of Mordor and B) I love Mad Max but the very start of it is pretty boring (made a base in an old oil tankard), I didn't like the small amount of driving I have done nor the combat... has anyone played it? Does it get good soon?

revolther
May 27, 2008
Does Mad Max uses Mordor's nemesis system? I wasn't aware it did, that could justify :10bux:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

revolther posted:

Does Mad Max uses Mordor's nemesis system? I wasn't aware it did, that could justify :10bux:

No way.

Its a just cause game at the core

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Heh, I wish it had the nemesis system.

But it has its charms when you're harpooning people, doing sick rocket jumps off and driving around looking at pretty vistas. There's not much variety though, the unlock grind is ridiculous and the story is just 'do random jobs for random assholes, forever' so you'll definitely burn out long before the end.

But when I got it for $8 in a flash sale it was good times. If I'd paid full price I would have been pissed.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Real hurthling! posted:

No way.

Its a just cause game at the core

Ah poo poo, that's lame - I thought there surely would be a nemesis system; it was great in SoM. Every game should have a Nemesis system.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
I bought the last of us remastered.

As a dad, do I need to look out for hits in ~the feels~ while playing this?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Uncle w Benefits posted:

Yes, starting 2 minutes in until the last second before the credits

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
SOM and Mad Max have nothing to do with each other outside of being open world games published by WB.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Uncle w Benefits posted:

Strap in for feels, pops

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes, starting 2 minutes in until the last second before the credits
I'd say from the very first second you have control and are thinking "hey, that's not the girl who is on the cover..."

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle w Benefits posted:

Hoooooooo boy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I swear to god if any chars cant swim in tlou2 im gonna break the disc

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's fair but how do you feel about wheeling a dumpster somewhere or boosting ellie to an out of reach spot

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

I swear to god if any chars cant swim in tlou2 im gonna break the disc

Listen, Ellie could either learn to swim or learn to play guitar, not both, and she clearly made her choice.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's fair but how do you feel about wheeling a dumpster somewhere or boosting ellie to an out of reach spot

Ok but no ladders

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ok deal but no take backs

heh look at this guy that forgot about using wooden boards as a bridge...

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
ok everybody can swim.

but now the water is tainted with the new superfungus : Athlete's Foot.

so now everybody can swim but they just don't want to

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Make fun all you like, but those tedious tasks were a loving brilliant design choice in support of a very specific narrative angle, and other developers would do well to incorporate more psychological poo poo like that into their games.

SPOILERS for those who haven't played tlouedit; big bada-boom

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 29, 2017

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Is the remastered Skyrim worth playing at this point? Never ever played it to begin with.

Last handfull of games I've played are (most recently played first)...

Dishonored 2
Uncharted 4
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
MGS V
Witcher 3
Fallout 4

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

skyrim is a piece of poo poo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you liked fallout 4, you'll probably like skyrim. idk if the port is any good tho

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you liked fallout 4, you'll probably like skyrim. idk if the port is any good tho
I maybe foolishly bought the PS4 version of Skyrim a while ago and played it for just an hour or two, it seemed okay. Mod support is...well, there were a few mods at the time. Not the only one I had installed the entire time on the PC that makes unread books glow though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
If you liked the 'loot random dungeons, craft weapons and ignore the main story' parts of Fallout 4 but with swords and elves instead of shotguns and ghouls you'll probably enjoy Skyrim for that

It's hard to imagine playing it after Witcher 3 though