Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I bought a dumb Switch even though I beat BOTW on Wii U because I'm a stupid baby with a lot of disposable income. Mario Kart rules. I'm probably gonna get Tetris. I don't understand how Binding of Isaac is $40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Got my apology money from amazon for overselling mk8. Switch ownership is very lucrative

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Golashes posted:

I bought a dumb Switch even though I beat BOTW on Wii U because I'm a stupid baby with a lot of disposable income. Mario Kart rules. I'm probably gonna get Tetris. I don't understand how Binding of Isaac is $40.

Expansions are included

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Owning physical Issac is pretty satisfying as well

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

pixaal posted:

Expansions are included

yeah, when you add up the base game and expansions on steam it adds up to about $35 so $40 is a fair price for physical

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 29, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

acksplode posted:

BotW to all other open world games: "shoulda just stayed linear bitch"

Unironically yes. I think they are ruined for me.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/857369671447621632

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Real hurthling! posted:

Got my apology money from amazon for overselling mk8. Switch ownership is very lucrative

Did you trade in MK8 for Wii U for $25? Total cost of MK8D, $13.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Mario kart straight into the Mario kart hole all night

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i really hate this

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Unironically yes. I think they are ruined for me.

BotW is fantastic but much like Link Between Worlds I feel the way they implemented the nonlinearity has its pros and cons and other games can deliver a good experience by not going as far in that direction.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

BotW is fantastic but much like Link Between Worlds I feel the way they implemented the nonlinearity has its pros and cons and other games can deliver a good experience by not going as far in that direction.

yeah like, the non-linear design was great, but zelda already wasn't known for having really strong story and it was even weaker in botw because the fact that it treats every area as if it's possibly your first means there's no real plot advancement and no characters get developed outside of zelda in the memories you find. in the future they should look for a better way of weaving narrative into the open world design.

also bring back themed dungeons

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Astro7x posted:

Did you trade in MK8 for Wii U for $25? Total cost of MK8D, $13.

No but i used amex points so it was "free"

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Well I got a message from Amazon this morning that the copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris I ordered got lost while out for delivery.
I don't know why this surprised me.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
I wonder at which point during development they realized that simply giving the player an interesting world to explore without hand-holding or dumb map icons already made BOTW the best sandbox ever created. It's kind of funny.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Oh wonderful, my left joycon isn't detected when it's physically connected to the Switch. If it's not connected it works fine. Slide it on the rails? Not detected. Even though the side of the screen goes blue. :smith:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ratbert90 posted:

Oh wonderful, my left joycon isn't detected when it's physically connected to the Switch. If it's not connected it works fine. Slide it on the rails? Not detected. Even though the side of the screen goes blue. :smith:

Try taking both joycons out and resyincing them. I thought I had the same problem, turns out my left joycon was working just fine. It was the right joycon that wasn't quite docked all the way. So when the left joycon was docked, it was not connected because it was waiting for the right joycon to dock.

Hope that makes sense...

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Bought a Switch earlier today, what's the recommended screen protector?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zandert33 posted:

A tempered glass one

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

zandert33 posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV

Install it in the bathroom with the shower running, but don't let your shower overflow

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Edit: ^^^ i hope you drop a plate on your foot

zandert33 posted:

https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo/dp/B01N3ASPNV/

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Consensus is good. Thanks!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Astro7x posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV

Install it in the bathroom with the shower running, but don't let your shower overflow

yeah, this one. i had to order a replacement because i somehow hosed up both applications the first time but the next time i tried it went smoothly, its barely noticable and has protected my switch very well. a+ customer service too, they sent me the replacement no questions asked.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 29, 2017

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

M..mmario

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

ethanol posted:

M..mmario

letsa go

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Its different. Zelda found the key to making exploring work for explorings sake. It was almost apathetic to the player. Seeing a widget on the map does not make me WANT to go get it. It makes me Tell I SHOULD go get it. Its hard to explain but that "what's over the next rise" feeling isnt in anything else. Sure as he'll not Horizon. Which I loved other then the open world bullshit.

The more I think about it the more genius Breath is. Explore, or not, until you feel ready to take on the boss. Have fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope they make a real zelda game on that engine one day

They can still leave the sidekick tutorial stuff out though

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really like the glass screen protector because it makes the screen look nice and shiny and it is smooth to the touch. When I got my switch back from Nintendo, the plastic screen felt like garbage and looked weird.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The glass screen also has way better picture clarity than the plastic hori one and doesn't scratch if you look at it funny. I suggest not playing docked immediately after applying it though because I had the corner come loose, but after I set it aside all night it's stayed down ever since.

Also the plastic hori one after a long 6 or 8 hour marathon session of zelda started peeling and letting dust in under the cover around the corners. The amazon one is highly reviewed and recommended for good reason, and they even send you a second one in case you gently caress up or it gets scratched to hell.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 29, 2017

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah I think I've recommended the amFilm glass protector a few times in this thread. It's fantastic so far because it does the three things it needs to do; be crystal clear, not scratch, and not peel away. It looks a tad bit bulky when it's installed but gently caress all who cares.

Finally played MK8D tonight on the big screen. Looks nice and the HD rumble on the Pro Controller is amazing. Can't believe some reddit dudes were stating they feel no difference. Maybe the HD rumble on the joycon isn't as good.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

Yeah I think I've recommended the amFilm glass protector a few times in this thread. It's fantastic so far because it does the three things it needs to do; be crystal clear, not scratch, and not peel away. It looks a tad bit bulky when it's installed but gently caress all who cares.

Finally played MK8D tonight on the big screen. Looks nice and the HD rumble on the Pro Controller is amazing. Can't believe some reddit dudes were stating they feel no difference. Maybe the HD rumble on the joycon isn't as good.

Eh if you place it well I think it looks pretty good, but that's mostly my personal taste. I think anyone without a screen protector for this system is crazy though, especially since the clam shell protection is gone.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

I didn't notice the rumble at all mostly because I never played mk8 on wii u, but it was fun.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I bought the glass one. But my hori one refuses to listen to goons and won't peel or scratch or fail to be awesome in any way. So I havent had reason to put my glass one on yet.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I typically hate screen protectors, I don't use them on my phone or tablet. That said, that tempered one is perfect and scale improves the feel of the device. I've had it on for two weeks and I completely forget it's there.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

I bought the glass one. But my hori one refuses to listen to goons and won't peel or scratch or fail to be awesome in any way. So I havent had reason to put my glass one on yet.

Mine got scratched to hell after just a couple of months but I travel a crap ton with it. gently caress I even pulled it out in a construction site lot waiting for trailers to come and played with a coworker lol

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You guys are tempting me to get that protector. Does it effect the image quality at all? I've never seen a screen protector, for phones at least, that didn't make the screen look worse.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bull3964 posted:

I typically hate screen protectors, I don't use them on my phone or tablet. That said, that tempered one is perfect and scale improves the feel of the device. I've had it on for two weeks and I completely forget it's there.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

I hope they make a real zelda game on that engine one day

They can still leave the sidekick tutorial stuff out though

I am very very sorry for your incredibly bad opinions.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

You guys are tempting me to get that protector. Does it effect the image quality at all? I've never seen a screen protector, for phones at least, that didn't make the screen look worse.

The hori one dulls the picture ever so slightly. I can't notice any difference with the glass one although it makes it far more reflective too. It also feels better for touch games and cleans easier.

I've owned both and had the glass one for four days now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you forgot the quote tags on my second post there

• Locked thread