Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Black August posted:

Easy just follow the set beats and do its own thing with it

The Revenge Of The Tuffles
The Last Throw Of The RR Army
Consequences Of Abusing Dragons
Wasn't Cell the last throw of the RR Army?

Edit
Related?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxr5o3izEcw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Black August posted:

Easy just follow the set beats and do its own thing with it

The Revenge Of The Tuffles
The Last Throw Of The RR Army
Consequences Of Abusing Dragons

Given how strong Goku and Vegeta are at this point it seems hard to believe that Tuffles or RR would be able to stand a chance

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rhjamiz posted:

In my head the last scene of Super is Goku asking Vegeta to a friendly fight that the credits play over and leave unresolved. Because the fighting never ends in DBZ-land.

This is the only end to Dragonball

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Rhjamiz posted:

In my head the last scene of Super is Goku asking Vegeta to a friendly fight that the credits play over and leave unresolved. Because the fighting never ends in DBZ-land.

This but it's their great-great-grandsons, Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

HitTheTargets posted:

This but it's their great-great-grandsons, Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr.

Oh man I forgot Goku and Vegeta Jrs. were a thing.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

sassassin posted:

I didn't say anything terrible, only that people want to see women fighting in Dragonball ("can't wait for Pan" etc.), but Toriyama prefers to draw Spopovich vs.Videl, Toei adds filler where Gohan throws his mother off a roof, and Android 18 is motivated entirely by money and sexual desire for a white knight.

Hopefully Broly (female) has a little more 21st century characterisation. Wouldn't bet on it, though.

to be honest I agree with you. I want female Broly to be cool but I'll believe she's not a joke when I see it. So I am currently 'cautiously pessimistic', and if she doesn't get hip-checked off the ring by Roshi talking about how he likes his women with curves in different places I'll feel a lot better.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Maybe we should wait until we have more than 3 seconds of footage before making any assumptions on a new character.

Also people always complain that 18 is only motivated by money, but I don't know how they can look at the poo poo she pulled on Mr Satan during the Buu saga and conclude that that is a bad thing about her character.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
I think I finally figured out why the Future Trunks arc of Super manga is structured the way it is:

It's made more like a movie adaptation.

Think about it, all the differences between it and the anime would all be things needed to make the arc fit into a movie's 2-3 hour runtime. Trunks not having his new transformation and adding a slew of more fight scenes to draw/animate, Goku being the one sealing Zamasu, lack of the resistance fighters in the future, Trunks not going back with Goku and Vegeta, the massively reduced focus on the mystery of Black's identity. Some things that took up larger portions of the chapters would be over with much more quickly in a movie, like the Future Buu flashback or Dragon Kart. I'm not going to say it was Toyotaro's intention, but going through it again it definitely feels more like it the more I read through. It definitely feels much more like the RoF adaptation that he did.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I kinda hope Yamcha is the last intended fighter before Tien shows up and they change their minds.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Yamcha vs Tien 2 could actually be pretty cool.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

khwarezm posted:

Maybe we should wait until we have more than 3 seconds of footage before making any assumptions on a new character.

Also people always complain that 18 is only motivated by money, but I don't know how they can look at the poo poo she pulled on Mr Satan during the Buu saga and conclude that that is a bad thing about her character.

In isolation Android 18 is really good but as part of a larger tapestry where the only notable women are Chi-Chi and Bulma it's clear Toriyama has a bit of a problem (he even admits he can only write one sort of woman in interviews). They're all similar shades of money-driven, short-tempered, honour-less shrew.

Super has professional-housewife Videl and paedophile Mai.

Maron was the best one.

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Yamcha vs Tien 2 could actually be pretty cool.

It would likely redeem this filler arc.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The arc is doing a good job of redeeming itself.
Its not great and the plot buts that are nice are way stretched out but its not terrible.
Way I see it is its the anime team sequestering precious time and budget to focus on the big fight. Then again its toei so im skeptic.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
How are they going to get Tien anyway? When they were deciding the team no one even remembered him and he's not the type to randomly show up unless poo poo is seriously going down. Dende?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

They're going to literally have Yamcha's fantasy happen, only Tien just happens to be in Yamcha's place by happenstance.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

But then you have Bulma, the smartest, richest person in the world, and she's not afraid to stand up against any god or any frighteningly powerful warrior

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

In isolation Android 18 is really good but as part of a larger tapestry where the only notable women are Chi-Chi and Bulma it's clear Toriyama has a bit of a problem (he even admits he can only write one sort of woman in interviews). They're all similar shades of money-driven, short-tempered, honour-less shrew.

Super has professional-housewife Videl and paedophile Mai.

Maron was the best one.

It would likely redeem this filler arc.

What about blond Launch. She is a very deep and complex woman character.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Rutibex posted:

Can these two just get their own hellforum where they can respond to each other forever and leave enjoying ridiculous poo poo to the rest of us?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Actually sorry Rubitex I think I mixed you up with someone else. sasssasssin is terrible though.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

No he's bad in his own way.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

Who?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Looking forward to Piccolo unlocking Gohan's potential.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
looking forward to Gohan leading the Z fighters with his tactical genius

"just get like, really, really, really mad guys! like REALLY mad!"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

"you guys just have to unlock your hidden potential. it'll wear off by the next fight but don't worry; you can do it as many times as you need to"

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

sassassin posted:

Midori never seemed that way to me, but my memory could be bad: it's easily twenty years since I read Dr Slump.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I really hope that when the dub gets to the Goku Black arc that they dub Zamasu's kaioken kick to the face as "Kaio-wha...?"

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Doesn't Chris Sabat do a lot of the voice directing nowadays? I can see him doing that.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Gohan loses to Piccolo in "mystic" form, lol. He has his dad's weaknesses. Also, Cauliflowa confirmed name.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Cauliflowa is a great name, figured they would go with a Broccoli-related pun for her. Nice that we got to see another Saiyan too. Also drat Piccolo was savage with Gohan this episode. Up to and including using his arm as a goddamn Fin Funnel. Gohan still can't loving dodge.

But most importantly, Vegeta is the best dad.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
gently caress everything that happened in this episode because next episode is goku roshi and tien vs mother loving kung-fu jiangshi

DBS rules

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This episode did some stuff that I think people wanted to see for a long time, and the Piccolo/Gohan dynamic is still real good. Looking forward to whatever team-up combo attacks they invent.

Also wasn't expecting to see Cabba's universe getting some screentime again, but Califlowa is probably going to be pretty important, and already a fan-favorite, so it makes sense we'd get a proper introduction to her.

Already into the premise of the next episode from the preview though. That's going to be some real good stuff. But the mysterious girl isnt Launch, rip

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

The next episode looks like something straight out of the original Dragon Ball. drat me for catching up on this series. These week-long waits are torture.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Master Roshi now confirmed stronger than Super Buu

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
We're going to see blue Gohan aren't we?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Azathoth256 posted:

We're going to see blue Gohan aren't we?

I kinda wanna see return of Trunks' full hate super saiyan mode.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cassa posted:

I kinda wanna see return of Trunks' full hate super saiyan mode.

but who could Gohan hate enough to trigger that?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The fact that nobody even bothered to look beyond Earth for warriors to fight in this universal battle royale shows how inept Shin and Beerus really are? Or did Buu just wipe out almost every planet capable of producing semi legitimate fighters

Either way as good as Super has been lately it still doesn't seem like it'll be good enough to surpass the Yu Yu Hakusho tournament arc.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

RealFoxy posted:

The fact that nobody even bothered to look beyond Earth for warriors to fight in this universal battle royale shows how inept Shin and Beerus really are? Or did Buu just wipe out almost every planet capable of producing semi legitimate fighters

Either way as good as Super has been lately it still doesn't seem like it'll be good enough to surpass the Yu Yu Hakusho tournament arc.

Shin tried earlier and came back empty handed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Shin tried earlier and came back empty handed.
They've been so weirdly deciding whats canon and not in super. Pikkon: Not canon, but I guess Brolly is? And Uub too?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... in what way have they decided Broly is canon?

Uub was in the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

... in what way have they decided Broly is canon?

Uub was in the manga.
Lady Broly?

• Locked thread