Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Waffle House posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 2015.

Why is a county sheriff from Milwaukee attending a Mid-East security conference in Russia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/858100088253669376

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

turn off the TV posted:

You guys act like these kids are going to be eating junk food. Haha, no way. They're going to be eating cardboard.

Where I teach, the school's cafeteria lost money for a couple years after this started because the food tasted like cardboard and tons of kids were suddenly bringing lunch because the lunches they liked were suddenly unhealthy. They finally got it under control the past 2-3 years and figured out how to make healthy food edible and turned things around....now this.

Just curious, before Obama, were there actually larger schools with taco bells in them or goons just being goons?

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Even supposing the republic survives, our country is never going to live any of this down.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Even supposing the republic survives, our country is never going to live any of this down.

Bad!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mammal Sauce posted:

Where I teach, the school's cafeteria lost money for a couple years after this started because the food tasted like cardboard and tons of kids were suddenly bringing lunch because the lunches they liked were suddenly unhealthy. They finally got it under control the past 2-3 years and figured out how to make healthy food edible and turned things around....now this. Lol

I was lucky enough to get out just before the food standards improved and my senior year managed to get a solid serving of battery acid coated frozen fish.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
When I was in middle school I found a lunch lady's tooth in my corn. Honest to loving god. We also got long pieces of hair in our half frozen pizza. I'm a little worried an extra from the movie Cabin Fever was serving my lunches.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TAKE THAT MOOSHELL HAHAHAHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Give it 5 years for a Republican to come up with the same idea, and it'll be the best thing since bombing Iraq for oil.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Scary! posted:

When I was in middle school I found a lunch lady's tooth in my corn. Honest to loving god. We also got long pieces of hair in our half frozen pizza. I'm a little worried an extra from the movie Cabin Fever was serving my lunches.

Extra calcium and protein in your school meals? YOU LUCKY BASTARDS

Choco Zulu
Oct 10, 2007

A critical mass of chocolate confectionary

Drunk & Ugly posted:

who needs vitamins, why if its good enough for our president, its good enough for the youth of america
cold pizza some crinkle cuts and a vending machine :sadcoke:

makin' school meals great again. they'll be in the best, i mean the best, tip top health

Ehh, this kind of thing has been going on forever. When I was in HS (class of 98) there was a push to cheapen our food. The place had a full industrial kitchen, but it was obscured by row after row of vending machines. The best was the machine that sold warm Chef Boyardee cans. Those and Good Humor bars are the taste of my childhood; Now when my nephew eats similar I get nostalgically nauseous.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

turn off the TV posted:

I was lucky enough to get out just before the food standards improved and my senior year managed to get a solid serving of battery acid coated frozen fish.

They even had to pull the two favorites (Salisbury steak or chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes and green beans) from our school that were on a rotation each Wednesday. They were actually pretty decent but weren't Obama approved. You know it's pretty bad when the school is 70%+ free/reduced lunch and half of them pass up the free food and bring lunch from home.

Choco Zulu posted:

Ehh, this kind of thing has been going on forever. When I was in HS (class of 98) there was a push to cheapen our food. The place had a full industrial kitchen, but it was obscured by row after row of vending machines. The best was the machine that sold warm Chef Boyardee cans. Those and Good Humor bars are the taste of my childhood; Now when my nephew eats similar I get nostalgically nauseous.

Wow. I had no idea this was a thing. We're lucky to have a dedicated staff that actually cook food for our students every day. Our head of the cafeteria started getting more creative and changed vendors and even our healthy food had been pretty good the last couple years and kids actually like it now.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 29, 2017

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

happyhippy posted:

Extra calcium and protein in your school meals? YOU LUCKY BASTARDS

If I ate it, it would probably have been the healthiest part of the meal. My favorite food of the week were those pancake breakfast sausage corn dogs

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Trump is such a pessimist. Things are "sad!" or apparently "bad!" but never "rad!"

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He just needs more rad dogs in his life. But he won't get a pet!

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Mammal Sauce posted:

Just curious, before Obama, were there actually larger schools with taco bells in them or goons just being goons?

iirc, there were Taco Bell, Subway, Pizza Hut, or similar options in about a third or more of all public high schools before the new guidelines so yeah it was becoming prevalent in larger districts. It started in the 90's and just kept ramping up until the last administration.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Scary! posted:

He just needs more rad dogs in his life. But he won't get a pet!

lol he can't risk being seen as a lovely pet owner

it would eventually get out that trump does absolutely nothing to raise his dog and that he just has aides do it. like, a photo would sneak out where the dog was running along side some secret service guy instead of Trump and it would come to light that he doesn't even give a poo poo about his dog

so he won't get a dog

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

lol I can't imagine how bad the traffic was in Atlanta today between the interchange still being closed and Trump visiting

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Mammal Sauce posted:

I'm at the middle school.

I'm at the Taco Bell.

I'm at the combination middle school and Taco Bell.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Malinois posted:

iirc, there were Taco Bell, Subway, Pizza Hut, or similar options in about a third or more of all public high schools before the new guidelines so yeah it was becoming prevalent in larger districts. It started in the 90's and just kept ramping up until the last administration.

Yeah I went to HS in the late 90s/early 00s and you could get Pizza Hut or Subway from the regular lunch line every day. They also had a vending machine with Subway in it. There were 3 lines for lunch food and 2 lines dedicated to snack food which was just chips, candy, and ice cream.

I wonder why kids got fat

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Inept posted:

Yeah I went to HS in the late 90s/early 00s and you could get Pizza Hut or Subway from the regular lunch line every day. They also had a vending machine with Subway in it. There were 3 lines for lunch food and 2 lines dedicated to snack food which was just chips, candy, and ice cream.

"Oh also we're cutting PE to 20 minutes a week."

edit: My high school actually offered bowling, lol. It was a good time.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I can lol so hard realizing how dumb donald trump is... but i feel so bad how many lovely things are going to happen to people in the country and world and environment. :(

I need clean LOLs!!

Edgar Allan Pwned fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 29, 2017

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

haljordan posted:

"Oh also we're cutting PE to 20 minutes a week."

We could opt out of PE once we were juniors lmao

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The little red button that brings Trump a coke probably brought Obama a cigarette and Dubya a different kind of coke

Edit: RE: school food chat, one of my classmates in middle school pulled a rat leg bone out of his burger lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Inept posted:

We could opt out of PE once we were juniors lmao

Yeah we could take elective PE junior/senior year so most people just chose whatever required the least effort and not changing into gym clothes.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Trump is such a pessimist. Things are "sad!" or apparently "bad!" but never "rad!"

Because he inherited such a tremendous mess from Obama, just the worst!

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Mammal Sauce posted:

My high school in 99-03 had pizza hut, cartons of chinese food, and cheap ultra delicious giant cookies.

I miss those cookies.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

My god, it's full of stars.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Just think: Nixon probably got drunk as gently caress every night in that very office.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Trump sounds to me like a conman who just got his hands on the keys to a millionaires house

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

haljordan posted:

edit: My high school actually offered bowling, lol. It was a good time.

I did fishing. We would watch fishing videos most days and then once a week we would drive to the lake in a bus and fish for 30 minutes. I caught 3 fish.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

TotalLossBrain posted:

Why is a county sheriff from Milwaukee attending a Mid-East security conference in Russia?

This is going to end up being what brings the Trumpster fire down. Calling it now.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

source please

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

lsd

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

dick wizard posted:

I did fishing. We would watch fishing videos most days and then once a week we would drive to the lake in a bus and fish for 30 minutes. I caught 3 fish.

Yeah that's even better. I wonder if anyone ever failed elective fishing.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

Trump sounds to me like a conman who just got his hands on the keys to a millionaires house

And this is the best case scenario. SAD!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

dick wizard posted:

I just convinced my school to give me and two of my friends 5 or so independent studies in an empty classroom senior year. We got a lot done.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Inept posted:

I'm so old in my day they served burgers & fries in highschool cafeteria, usually. Along with some kinda balanced options. My dumbass friend had food issues even then and ate only fries. Big C bit him in the butt but there wasn't so much fattiness, more like some kids who smelled stinky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

turn off the TV posted:

I just convinced my school to give me and two of my friends 5 or so independent studies in an empty classroom senior year. We got a lot done.

My friends and I convinced the gym teacher to let us not participate in whatever was planned so long as we were actually moving around. So we built forts out of gymnastics mats and laid siege to each other with dodgeballs.