Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Bloodly posted:

This is effectively what I'm saying. How is that 'sad'? If that's 'sad' what's 'worthwhile'?

And RPG system with an open-ended sandbox world.

Also, collectibles. Lots of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

omega difficulty and items would be not sad

MARVEL HEROES OMEGA (omega coming soon)

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

Bloodly posted:

This is effectively what I'm saying. How is that 'sad'? If that's 'sad' what's 'worthwhile'?

Because knowing from previous effort from Capcom, 2 hours literally means 2 hours in total story mode content. With maybe 1 exclusive cutscene for each character. Injustice and MK both had at least good 5 hours in addition of single player contents like Konquest or STAR lab. MvC3 had beat the poo poo out of Galactis to unlock some short rear end cutscene for each character and glorified combo lab single players. Street Fighter 5 shipped with LOL single player content.

In my dumb opinion, Injustice story mode was one of the best story mode not just for fighting games but one of the better cohesive story in video games in general.

If you compare Capcom single player effort to Netherrealm you will know how barebone Capcoms content is, and should be sad when you hear 2 hours.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Giant Bomb Quick Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNvMQb2i7dk

An "OK version" of the game, he says. Truly a resounding recommendation.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 27, 2017

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Should we make new content or should we make our whales rebuy everything on consoles? 🤔

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i already got 3 charactersto 60 on ps4

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

jujojoh posted:

DC has Injustice, injustice 2 and a secret unannounced Aqua Man game. Don't forget about a rumored Arkham series like Suicide Squad game in work. Marvel should fear DC when you have Aqua Man and Suicide Squad

marvel also has the unnamed square-enix game in the pipe

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Beta Keys giveaway at Gamespot

Dunno if it gives you any characters or if its just access only.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Beta Keys giveaway at Gamespot

Dunno if it gives you any characters or if its just access only.

Nope

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i like this

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

cams posted:

i like this
Too bad they didn't add this to the PC over a year ago, when they asked for suggestions and got almost this exact item.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

they were just saving it for the primary version of the game

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

cams posted:

they were just saving it for the primary version of the game

drat you know this games gotten bad when not even cams will white knight it anymore.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

all part of a brewsters millions style inheritance

if the game tanks hard enough ryolnir inherits ryan air

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

jujojoh posted:

Because knowing from previous effort from Capcom, 2 hours literally means 2 hours in total story mode content. With maybe 1 exclusive cutscene for each character. Injustice and MK both had at least good 5 hours in addition of single player contents like Konquest or STAR lab. MvC3 had beat the poo poo out of Galactis to unlock some short rear end cutscene for each character and glorified combo lab single players. Street Fighter 5 shipped with LOL single player content.

In my dumb opinion, Injustice story mode was one of the best story mode not just for fighting games but one of the better cohesive story in video games in general.

If you compare Capcom single player effort to Netherrealm you will know how barebone Capcoms content is, and should be sad when you hear 2 hours.

MvCI is an Injustice-style story mode my dude

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

all part of a brewsters millions style inheritance

if the game tanks hard enough ryolnir inherits ryan air

Maybe D. Brevik is running a scam like in The Producers? Only way to explain the realnear/Astros phenomena.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

i got a beta thing

im not at all sure i care to play this on a console

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
PC Content Timeline

As mentioned before, our team has a content timeline that we plan to share with you guys. We are shooting for sometime next week for post it but needs some final touches. @MichaelMayhem did confirm that he was working on the next hero...

We really appreciate your patience.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

looking forward to the timeline that lets us know when they'll be sharing their delayed timeline with us

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
They have numerous very good reasons for not getting that stuff sorted out before making the console announcement and touching off the shitstorm any person in their right mind could have predicted would ensue, no doubt.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

How's the PS4 version? I'm really tempted to get in on the beta.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

pc content timeline is geological in scope

next new hero due in 2525 and its gonna be fan favourite koi boi

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

@MichaelMayhem is working on the new hero, jean greys hair

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kokoro Wish posted:

PC Content Timeline

As mentioned before, our team has a content timeline that we plan to share with you guys. We are shooting for sometime next week for post it but needs some final touches. @MichaelMayhem did confirm that he was working on the next hero...

We really appreciate your patience.
Oforums response to this: "Is this like the timeline for the boss blog or like the timeline for Omega Items?"

Daaamn.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the timeline is like asros's hairline

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

the timeline is like asros's hairline

The time line is a perfect red "known problem zone" circle

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's more like an xmen timeline, where the future always sucks and needs preventing.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Are the servers down because I cannot seem to connect to him.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I would totally buy into the beta if one of the packs on the PSN store came with Captain Marvel

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

i am loving it and have already played a ton, highly reccomend it. if you don't want to spend money, early access/open beta starts may 16th

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

HMF?-?HNM-EK4H

? is 2+3

Its just closed access, no characters or G. You'll get 400 shards once you're past the tutorial. Enough for 1 or 2 heroes.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Who has best sustained big numbers these days? Rogue still seems pretty good.m, but Spidey seems a little on the low side after the big update. I miss Surfer, Colossus, and Spidey being my goto chars - no one seems unique anymore.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Oforums person posted:

I don't know how many know this, but when you use a ground flourish, no one actually sees it. A flourish only gets seen by someone else if you use it again "soon enough" with them around. Doesn't seem to be an issue with fireworks.

Noticed this because the wife and I always play next to each other.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Donde Esta posted:

Who has best sustained big numbers these days? Rogue still seems pretty good.m, but Spidey seems a little on the low side after the big update. I miss Surfer, Colossus, and Spidey being my goto chars - no one seems unique anymore.

Not all of these are BIG NUMBERS but the best sustained dps heroes atm are Doctor Strange, Blade, Luke Cage, Black Bolt and X-23 with movement reset cosmic gear, Ghost Rider, Nova, Juggernaut, and Rogue. All of those are less than 1:20 ttk time, some less than 1:00 even. There's a ton more in the 1:20-1:40 range that's still really good, enjoyable dps.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:cosmic2day:

Blockhouse posted:

MvCI is an Injustice-style story mode my dude

I will believe how good it is when I see it. This is Capcom, whom Gaz rolemodelled themselves after.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gaz mans sky

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Don't worry about Asros, guys. He's got this.

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/858476402349178881

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Imagine if gaz is intentionally sinking MH to spite it's lovely player base? It can't be fun going to work and having the absolute dregs of society complaining about every God drat little thing because it doesn't fit in with their headcanon. One man can only take so much "vagine to long" before he decides to cut off his nose to spite his face.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Gibbering Madness posted:

One man can only take so much "vagine to long" before he decides to lengthen his vagine to spite his Storm

Fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kheldarn posted:

Don't worry about Asros, guys. He's got this.
Notice how he doesn't actually dispute the claim.