Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Tae posted:

What happened, is he another bad pick or something

They traded a bunch of future picks to move up one spot when they were the only ones interested in moving up for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Atlanta seems to have signs of life.

I don't understand that team really but hey.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

John Wall is the Great Wall, the Only Wall Needed

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

cubs narrow it to 5-3 at fenway

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

quote:

for a guy that's never won anything in his life, John Wall sure does a lot of posturing...
hawks announcer, where did the bad man touch you ?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

What happened, is he another bad pick or something

He likes to lick titties and John Gruden had to explain to him what a hard count was and what it is used for. And the Bears traded up to get him, I think.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The fact that the Hawks and Wizards both have extremely homer commentating teams is funny since they might be the fanbase most reliable on transient fan ticket sales (at least the Suns sell their tickets to Phoenix people when the Suns are good).

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Joffrey Lauvergne is in the game

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

The fact that the Hawks and Wizards both have extremely homer commentating teams is funny since they might be the fanbase most reliable on transient fan ticket sales (at least the Suns sell their tickets to Phoenix people when the Suns are good).

Mike Budenholzer is a good coach by the eye and wing development test
I wonder how much better this team would be with Jeff Teague
I just can't tell if Jeff Teague is good or bad

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Mike Budenholzer seems like the kind of guy who'd call someone a "whacko"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

John Wall is very good at basketball.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

At least these guys are making good shots in this game.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

John Wall is very good at basketball.

And doesnt' mind letting you know it

fakedit- atlanta's goose is done

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

John Wall :eyepop:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no thibs team ever laid down like this

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Mike Budenholzer is a good coach by the eye and wing development test
I wonder how much better this team would be with Jeff Teague
I just can't tell if Jeff Teague is good or bad

I like Jeff Teague but it might just be bias since arguing about him with Bashez once for a week even though neither of us actually care about Jeff Teague.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Wall with 19(???) in the 4th. Jesus.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I still do not know how Wall managed to get it to go in on that thousand mph drive into Millsap at the end there.

WSH/BOS gonna be chippy as gently caress.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I guess Rondo really was the linchpin for the Bulls.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If Rondo was the key to the Bulls beating the Celtics, what is Wall going to do to them?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure benching Amir and Jalen Brown was more instrumental to the Celtics playing better than Rondo's absence.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
George Hill immediately getting Paul back is hilarious.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Deandre Jordan basically had Hill in a headlock on that possession.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

If Rondo was the key to the Bulls beating the Celtics, what is Wall going to do to them?

He is going to crush Marcus Smart's skull with his knee as Marcus Smart tries to bait a charge, and Marcus Smart will lay on the court writhing in his own blood, and no foul will be called

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I feel like the Celtics mostly owned the Wizards in the regular season but I'll admit I didn't pay much attention besides hearing the laments of Deeceeians.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

I feel like the Celtics mostly owned the Wizards in the regular season but I'll admit I didn't pay much attention besides hearing the laments of Deeceeians.

How can the celtics defend the Wizards if Otto Porter makes his threes is the question

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Doc Rivers is going to be available for some vacated espn analyst spot cleared by these firings.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I would like for this to be a good game.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Man, Speights is just cleaning up down low.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
holy poo poo that lady knows a lot of fruit

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If the Jazz can barely contain a team that's basically CP3 and 3 bench players, they're really going to struggle against the Warriors

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

nooneofconsequence posted:

I guess Rondo really was the linchpin for the Bulls.

his head certainly looks like a pin

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

haha, Gobert didn't know that Paul was there, and then, upon noticing him, decided to block his weak poo poo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

If the Jazz can barely contain a team that's basically CP3 and 3 bench players, they're really going to struggle against the Warriors

They also have all-star DeAndre Jordan.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spacebump posted:

They also have all-star DeAndre Jordan.

Gobert should have, on paper, by far the least amount of trouble with a traditional center that can't remotely stretch the floor.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

big boi posted:

haha, Gobert didn't know that Paul was there, and then, upon noticing him, decided to block his weak poo poo
i wanna believe that was a feint

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
clips playing like they really don't want to go home, refs sorta letting them play that way

nice block, rudy

Tae posted:

i make no claims of this being the case, but i assumed that the jazz weren't really a high scoring team, more an efficiently scoring team that plays good defense, bringing the other team's game down where they can out-efficient them.

so of course they can't out-offense the warriors (or clippers), but they can slow the game down, limit possessions and play good, efficient offense. grind, without the grit, and more 3s.

whether that will work against the warriors, we'll see. the warriors are something else entirely. never seen anything like them. best offense i've ever seen with rock solid defense is a hell of a combination. to beat them you need great defense and super-efficient or really prolific offense.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

question: should there be a new thread for the second round?

Gordon Hayward still doesn't look like he has legs under him

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Feels like Hayward is gonna rip off 9 straight at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

Gordon Hayward still doesn't look like he has legs under him

agreed

• Locked thread