Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/LfT85rO.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
the world's longest shadestep

http://i.imgur.com/uCEvJpa.gifv

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

"Wounded Unicorn is an idiot, do not engage."

poo poo, my posting is annoying enough to merit inclusion in someone's dead gay circlejerk gif.

Being roasted is a badge of honor

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Titan melee actually has plenty of range.

http://i.imgur.com/RvbudWo.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/kLFQd35.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Titan melee actually has plenty of range.

http://i.imgur.com/RvbudWo.gifv

I see that happen with other players all the time, run up on an exchange with a Titan teleporting four paces ahead on melee strike. Meanwhile, I punch some oval office right on top of me and get that unmistakable confirmation sound yet no damage done and :rip: me.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I only played against you once man but you were red bar the whole game. Maybe it's you?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

me blasting 2 dudes... gently caress me

:same:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

I only played against you once man but you were red bar the whole game. Maybe it's you?

Yep, a couple weeks ago. You killed me repeatedly and kindly waved :unsmith: while I killed no-one and went 0.33 or something lol My connection sucks, geographic limitation, and is like 65% of the time green and 35% not but it was especially garbage that night, yes.

I can feel out real well when my connection is causing fuckery. Like, that game was completely me not having used an auto rifle or Warlock in months. But in general that stuff happens when I'm firmly in the green as well or even when playing at my girl's who has an amazing connection, not just when I'm yellow or red. Sometimes it's me, tho, for sure.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

I killed no-one and went 0.33

Classic xzzy!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Please, look how good at killing I am. I can multitask!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZeT-jp-CyM

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny 2 starts with your guardian trying to escape the Fyre Festival.

I have spent all of my free time today reading about this poo poo show.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

I have spent all of my free time today reading about this poo poo show.

https://twitter.com/Megan_Nicolett/status/858089899714633728

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A Guy From Marketing posted:

Let’s just do it and be legends, man.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Liked "God is dead and I have stunned him"

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Alteisen posted:

You ever wanna do any of the raids you hit me up, I'll be happy to take you along on any of em.

I'm doing the outbreak prime poo poo so when we do Wrath again its gonna be a normal one, I'll send you a message so you can get hands on practice.

Sounds good! Outbreak Prime is the raid gun from Wrath, yeah? That thing looks cool as hell.

Hit 390 thanks to you guys. Got into a CE group, did a full clear with both challenges. Walked out with:

Necro finished
394 Abyss Defiant (adept)
394 Oversoul Edict (adept)
395 Light of the Abyss
396 Song of Ir Yut
395 Helm
394 Gloves

So I'd say successful run. Quickly wandered over to Archon's Forge and oh look, 398 cloak and a 395 ghost. I'm now 394 light. :D

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This match making is doing my head in. If i bother rolling an alt how long till i get raped by the match making again?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

This match making is doing my head in.

:same:

http://i.imgur.com/iCFhZh5.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Maker Of Shoes posted:

http://i.imgur.com/15LqUKS.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/OXTEQ0v.gifv

edit: cheesefactory, that first one broke 100k views lmao

100k. gently caress.

Yeah i spammed that poo poo everywhere for a few months.

Still my favorite example of "gently caress this games netcode is a piece of poo poo".

In other news I'm having my worst week of trials yet. The sticky/icebreaker/sidearm meta really is not my thing.

And the games are very sweaty. Either they changed the Trials match making or nothing but sweats play anymore. Maybe both. Who knows.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

The way he evaporates at the end really makes this clip.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

This match making is doing my head in. If i bother rolling an alt how long till i get raped by the match making again?

A dozen or two before you get sent back to match making hell.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

100k. gently caress.

Yeah i spammed that poo poo everywhere for a few months.

Still my favorite example of "gently caress this games netcode is a piece of poo poo".

In other news I'm having my worst week of trials yet. The sticky/icebreaker/sidearm meta really is not my thing.

And the games are very sweaty. Either they changed the Trials match making or nothing but sweats play anymore. Maybe both. Who knows.

Just did a card got to seven wins. our 3rd was no bueno made it hard. Some oval office kept sticking me in the first game meaning I went 5-5 because he was too poo poo to anything but throw a sticky and get murdered.

I remember when I used to get outplayed, I swear 90% of the time I die now it's because of bullshit mechanics, if it's not lag its some oval office throwing a sticky in my postcode and getting a lucky frag. I'm typing this as I tick over 5 minutes in match making for control. 9/12 gg bungie.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BlindSite posted:

Just did a card got to seven wins. our 3rd was no bueno made it hard. Some oval office kept sticking me in the first game meaning I went 5-5 because he was too poo poo to anything but throw a sticky and get murdered.

I remember when I used to get outplayed, I swear 90% of the time I die now it's because of bullshit mechanics, if it's not lag its some oval office throwing a sticky in my postcode and getting a lucky frag. I'm typing this as I tick over 5 minutes in match making for control. 9/12 gg bungie.

:v:

I mostly camp travel lanes with double sticky nades and IB. Embrace the AIDS.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FishBulb posted:

Kings Fall is bad

It's way too long and requires too much choreography, none of the encounters are especially fun.

It is the worst Destiny Raid.

And the one that introduced people to the joys of forever 319

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

:v:

I mostly camp travel lanes with double sticky nades and IB. Embrace the AIDS.

Nah, sticky nades are for low gun skill cunts who suck at shooting I won't use em.

Also

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 30, 2017

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny 2 starts with your guardian trying to escape the Fyre Festival.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/uzHYCso.gifv

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Can somebody explain crows eye to me? Does it need aggballs to be a god roll? The impact doesn't seem to be any different than teacup tempest (15) with with field choke.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Speaking of sidearms, some of them outshoot me when I'm using TLW. Do I just suck with TLW (most likely) or is there more to it?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

actionjackson posted:

Speaking of sidearms, some of them outshoot me when I'm using TLW. Do I just suck with TLW (most likely) or is there more to it?

Sidearms aren't really subject to ghosting nearly as bad as hand cannons, especially TLW.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Menstrual Show posted:

Can somebody explain crows eye to me? Does it need aggballs to be a god roll? The impact doesn't seem to be any different than teacup tempest (15) with with field choke.

With any plus impact barrel it will turn it's optimal TTK into all body shots.

It's cool but because many sidearm engagements happen outside of optimal range it's not that cool.

However, if you get one with Linear comp, reinforced barrel and rangefinder, it has absolutely nuts max range. Linear comp counteracts the stability decrease from reinforced.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
http://i.imgur.com/utxQNeW.gifv

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Is that nanopoesis or one of the pink/red shaders? Curious if you found a leg item that has a decent bit of the dayglo red to it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's Phosphore from SRL

edit: but also I have the new WOTM ornaments active, that might be what you're seeing

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 29, 2017

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I cant remember getting outshot 1v1 with full health by a sidearm but you will lose if you're weaker because of ghost bullets.

Teamshots can be especially nasty in close areas.

hosed around with auto rifles a little bit yesterday used genesis chain, a god roll 0 day dilemma and monte carlo accross 4 games. Didn't posy below a 1.4 using it.

Not bad still get three tapped by lunas and dromes but its surprisingly good against scounts and pulses. Theyre really good in the air and for clean up kills.

I dont think they'd be viable in competitive play but not bad for 6s.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

With any plus impact barrel it will turn it's optimal TTK into all body shots.

It's cool but because many sidearm engagements happen outside of optimal range it's not that cool.

However, if you get one with Linear comp, reinforced barrel and rangefinder, it has absolutely nuts max range. Linear comp counteracts the stability decrease from reinforced.

Then why doesn't the impact change? This is my issue!!!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Because destiny's information display sucks massive rear end and there's a ton of significant digits under the hood that get lost in translation.

I just went into patrol and used mine that has CQB and Linear comp and got right up an acolyte's butthole and tested headshots. 6899 with CQB and 7215 with Linear comp. impact definitely changes.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Because destiny's information display sucks massive rear end and there's a ton of significant digits under the hood that get lost in translation.

I just went into patrol and used mine that has CQB and Linear comp and got right up an acolyte's butthole and tested headshots. 6899 with CQB and 7215 with Linear comp. impact definitely changes.

What those stupid bars don't tell you though is that it fires slower than a Wormwood.

If it fired just as fast it would be the most OP poo poo in the game. Which is a shame cuz i have a decent crows eye in the vault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Menstrual Show posted:

Then why doesn't the impact change? This is my issue!!!

Shoot things/people until they die. Who cares

• Locked thread