Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Can we all agree that Kawakami is the fuckin best, regardless of dating her or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

psychoJ posted:

Can we all agree that Kawakami is the fuckin best, regardless of dating her or not
I'll agree that she has the best confidant storyline.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like Sojiro's a lot.

E: And Tora's

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So Good Tora

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
They are also very good. I never had time to finish Iwai's, so I don't know for sure how it compares.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

NRVNQSR posted:

They are also very good. I never had time to finish Iwai's, so I don't know for sure how it compares.

Iwai's is also pretty great. Tae's is also a solid.

Honestly most of the adults are pretty good, as long as they're not from Shinjuku.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think that Ohya's confidant is ok. Mostly in how the way it ends kinda closes off some main plot loose threads.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its 2017 i dont see why i cant negotiate some kind of poly thing w/becky and tae

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I fired up P4G for the first time ever yesterday and

A: MC hauls rear end in the overworld, Usain Bolt tells this guy to slow his rear end down
B: New Chie is just as bad as Old Chie but in the opposite way.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think that Ohya's confidant is ok. Mostly in how the way it ends kinda closes off some main plot loose threads.

Ohya's is the weakest confidant in the game, man. It's the only one that has neither an interesting storyline, nor any worthwhile perks (apart from, like... charm...)

At least Mishima buys a fuckin' model gun and starts power tripping, thinking the Phantom Thieves are his personal mercs and poo poo.

Ohya just sits in a bar and mopes a lot, and then makes the Security Level in palaces go up slower than normal, which is so useless it's almost funny.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

New Chie is just as bad as Old Chie but in the opposite way.

I liked Old Chie a lot, specifically because she doesn't have a voice that immediately makes you go "oh this is a character in an anime"

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zas posted:

its 2017 i dont see why i cant negotiate some kind of poly thing w/becky and tae
Her name is Sadayo!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zas posted:

Because they will gently caress you right up if they learn you're cheating on them with other women.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sadayo and Tae would be well within their rights to put you in a barrel and throw you in a river for asking for a poly after starting a relationship with them on the basis of monogamy and they deserve someone better who would love both of them exclusively like me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Zas posted:

Poly is haram, OP.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Poly is haram, OP.

harem*

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

About to fight the last boss and I have a bunch of links unfinished. I was dumb and thought I could do the last 3 or 4 mementos quests I had in the backburner after Christmas but looks like that's not gonna happen now.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Persona Q2 when

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Froghammer posted:

Persona Q2 when

have some recently registered trademarks

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
so I'm trying to capture the remain Treasure Demons I missed in Mementos on 12/24. For what ever reason Down Shot is not working on Regent and it's starting to piss me off since the weakest persona i have with one of it's weaknesses is lv 20 and will instantly kill it.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Use a skill card on your lowest level persona. I think you should be able to get mafrei from using the electric chair on Suzaku, and then slap that on a pixie or something?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Or fuse downwards. I'm pretty sure I got Frei on a Pixie somewhere on my convoluted path to reach Shiisaa?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

mateo360 posted:

so I'm trying to capture the remain Treasure Demons I missed in Mementos on 12/24. For what ever reason Down Shot is not working on Regent and it's starting to piss me off since the weakest persona i have with one of it's weaknesses is lv 20 and will instantly kill it.

If you're real desperate and don't wanna go into NG+, try using Ryuji's insta-kill to catch a fresh Makami or something. It has Frei, should be weak enough to not kill it in one. Or just fuse one? IDK.

vvv Yeah, or that. Didn't even think of that. vvv

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 29, 2017

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You could also check and see if you have any of the nuclear damage items to use. I know I always forget about them.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Well, poo poo. I may have to revert to my pre-calling card save to beat the first palace. As it stands, I simply don't have the healing I need to weather the boss' attacks. I have Obariyon to resist his attacks, and the Tarunda/Sukunda debuffs, but all the party can contribute is single target damage and heals. Which I suppose wouldn't be a problem if he had a weakness to chain Baton Pass around, but it seems like he doesn't? I even tried crit fishing with Rebellion+Lucky Punch without success.

I don't think it's impossible with my set-up right now but with my current stock of recovery items I'd need an awfully good run of luck to stay on top of things.

e: or I could turn it down from Hard to Normal, but how will I maintain my precious e-cred?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Just how fake is Public Execution? I'm dubious that it's finding you someone else to fuse with in real time and giving you back the actual result. That seems like it would be a pain to implement and not much fun to use. And if it's real, why doesn't it show you the persona on the other side, or the other player's username, or the name of their gang?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Igor's Big Conspiracy

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Rangpur posted:

Well, poo poo. I may have to revert to my pre-calling card save to beat the first palace. As it stands, I simply don't have the healing I need to weather the boss' attacks. I have Obariyon to resist his attacks, and the Tarunda/Sukunda debuffs, but all the party can contribute is single target damage and heals. Which I suppose wouldn't be a problem if he had a weakness to chain Baton Pass around, but it seems like he doesn't? I even tried crit fishing with Rebellion+Lucky Punch without success.

I don't think it's impossible with my set-up right now but with my current stock of recovery items I'd need an awfully good run of luck to stay on top of things.

e: or I could turn it down from Hard to Normal, but how will I maintain my precious e-cred?

Bosses can't be crit, and pretty much have no weaknesses. You have to slug it out.

Sukunda is key early on to reduce the number of turns your party have to spend healing. Make sure to use Ann's Tarunda too.

I've seen from some videos that it's possible to grab one of the Matarukaja items at that point, which would accelarate the fight greatly, but I'm not sure where.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
In the early game boss fights, debuffs are king, because you can get a similar effect to e.g. Matarukaja from a single Rakunda, and vice versa.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Debuffs are pretty much the lynch pin of all SMT bosses. Matador in Nocturne taught me that harsh lesson.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Deified Data posted:

Debuffs are pretty much the lynch pin of all SMT bosses. Matador in Nocturne taught me that harsh lesson.

He taught us all, my friend.

He taught us all through our suffering.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

This is why I suspect the issue may just be the lack of healing items to keep pace. Doesn't help that everyone's level 10, i.e., a level or two short of their next skill. The XP penalty is a killer. I'm wondering now if it might not be worthwhile to play most of the game on normal, then kick it up to hard for the final run on the treasure.

e: do debuffs stack in amount or duration?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

in this game i'm pretty sure they don't

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Rangpur posted:

This is why I suspect the issue may just be the lack of healing items to keep pace. Doesn't help that everyone's level 10, i.e., a level or two short of their next skill. The XP penalty is a killer. I'm wondering now if it might not be worthwhile to play most of the game on normal, then kick it up to hard for the final run on the treasure.

I don't think there's an XP penalty on regular hard?

But I would definitely spend some time in the run up to the boss to level up to 11.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rangpur posted:

Duration will stack, but not effect.

Hard also doesn't have an exp penalty, unless you mean maniac mode.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
You can refresh buffs and debuffs, to reset their 3-turn duration - so, not a "stacking" as such. They don't stack in effect at all.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Rangpur posted:

Debuffs refresh in duration. Outside of emergencies Ann+Morgana should be able to keep up with healing as long as you keep his attack power down.

The steal phase is the most tricky, because you're working with one less party member. That phase is honestly a blitz - the faster you can bring his health down, the less time you have to spend scrambling to get your party back up.

I'd say after the second palace you can pretty much leave it on Hard and never look back. The second palace's boss is a bit iffy on Hard if you don't prepare for it beforehand, but still doable with insight.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I'll try skill cards and see if I have any nuke or psy items but I am a little concerned that down shot missed 5 times on a 98 acc gun

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

mateo360 posted:

I'll try skill cards and see if I have any nuke or psy items but I am a little concerned that down shot missed 5 times on a 98 acc gun

Down Shot shouldn't miss at all. The only thing I can think of is that maybe if your gun is powerful enough it would've killed the enemy in a single shot, it doesn't work? Maybe some weird programming oversight or something?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Rangpur posted:

Man, in a game where the cooler Persona are level-locked I don't know how anyone could nerf their XP gain unless they plan on rolling over into NG+. I'm on normal and I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to reach some of these, though granted I've never had to grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Supremezero posted:

He taught us all, my friend.

He taught us all through our suffering.

Funnily enough, the Candelabra bosses are only in the Maniax edition. They weren't in the original game.

But goddamn did Matador make you learn :stonklol:.