Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, I loved Identity Crisis the first time I read it, because I was 14 at the time.

I still think it has some pretty great dialogue. Also, Rags Morales art was on point.

I'd totally buy a book by Meltzer and Morales of super heroes just talking to each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

I still think it has some pretty great dialogue. Also, Rags Morales art was on point.

I'd totally buy a book by Meltzer and Morales of super heroes just talking to each other.

I don't know. I think IC has some okay art in places but a lot of it just looked silly.

Featuring Ma Kent as played by Warwick Davis.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know. I think IC has some okay art in places but a lot of it just looked silly.

Featuring Ma Kent as played by Warwick Davis.

C'mon, you gotta post the rest of it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm not a fan of Rags Morales or Brad Meltzer so my opinion of Identity Crisis is even lower than most people who have come around to figuring out it's bad. I think it's possibly one of the worst stories I've ever read.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Tell me that's an edit.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

Tell me that's an edit.

Maybe? I'm 90% sure I got it from this thread years ago but I honestly can't remember now.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Toshimo posted:

Tell me that's an edit.

It isn't.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Alacron posted:

I still want an issue where Ma Kent finds out Batman is an orphan and bakes him a Christmas pie or insists he come to dinner.

"You mean he's alone on Christmas?!?!"

Or maybe sends him a $10 check for his birthday or something.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

10 Beers posted:

I still want an issue where Ma Kent finds out Batman is an orphan and bakes him a Christmas pie or insists he come to dinner.

"You mean he's alone on Christmas?!?!"

Or maybe sends him a $10 check for his birthday or something.

If you haven't seen the Christmas episode of Justice League Unlimited then you really need to loving watch it right now.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Alacron posted:

Love that page. It's also cute Ma Kent has a thing for Alan Scott.

Batman and Superman both have a parent who a fan of his.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 28, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Love that page. It's also cute Ma Kent has a thing for Alan Scott.

Batman and Superman both have a parent who a fan of his.
I

And Zack Snyder just found his ending for Justice League 2.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

X-O posted:

I'm not a fan of Rags Morales or Brad Meltzer so my opinion of Identity Crisis is even lower than most people who have come around to figuring out it's bad. I think it's possibly one of the worst stories I've ever read.

There are elements of Identity Crisis I like, such as how Meltzer depicts the relatively close relationship between the heroes, but it's a nearly total failure as a murder mystery, which is almost impressive.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wanderer posted:

There are elements of Identity Crisis I like, such as how Meltzer depicts the relatively close relationship between the heroes, but it's a nearly total failure as a murder mystery, which is almost impressive.

Yeah this is my opinion on it. It's not a good story by any means, but some of the character moments scattered throughout are good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

X-O posted:

snyder-verse martha kent would be more likely to start making a speech about how gold fringe on a flag means she doesn't have to pay for her newspaper subscription

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

X-O posted:

Got some wires crossed, and thought about Snyder revealing that Thomas Wayne actually killed Alan Scott with a wooden baseball bat.

Golden Age Green Lantern would have a cool looking costume like the older Watchmen characters, so it's ok.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Thinking about it, it seems to me in retrospect that there's a lot of that casual relationship between the various heroes that started in Identity Crisis that would last until the New 52 reboot, where everybody seemed to know each other's secret identity and they were all on a first-name basis with each other. I'm not sure if that's actually true, but it's the first time I remember noticing it. Judd Winick did a lot with it too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've been catching up on Spider-man/Deadpool, and I love to have Joe Kelly back on Deadpool and all, but can we get Scott Aukerman his own book?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Can someone post the last two pages of Great Lakes Avengers? That's about the hardest that I've heard the brakes slam on anything. (I would, but Marvel changed how they do the digital codes.)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

I've been catching up on Spider-man/Deadpool, and I love to have Joe Kelly back on Deadpool and all, but can we get Scott Aukerman his own book?

I would love it. With backup stories by Jason Mantzoukas and Paul Scheer.

IUG posted:

Can someone post the last two pages of Great Lakes Avengers? That's about the hardest that I've heard the brakes slam on anything. (I would, but Marvel changed how they do the digital codes.)

By slamming the brakes do you mean the book is hastily wrapped up after being cancelled? Because if so I can't imagine any writer getting assigned a Great Lakes Avengers book and actually thinking it would last past one arc so that's just poor planning.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

IUG posted:

And bonus final page

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Thanks! I really dislike that the comic is ending, but that's something of an amazing last page. Two panels of "huh".

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Wanderer posted:

Thinking about it, it seems to me in retrospect that there's a lot of that casual relationship between the various heroes that started in Identity Crisis that would last until the New 52 reboot, where everybody seemed to know each other's secret identity and they were all on a first-name basis with each other. I'm not sure if that's actually true, but it's the first time I remember noticing it. Judd Winick did a lot with it too.

I'm pretty sure that the Justice Leaguers knowing each other's secret identities and names, and being on a (mostly) friendly basis, goes back to at least the 70s.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Similarly, I kinda liked Identity Crisis when I read it.

PYF Comic Confession

"Blackest Night" was the event that got me into comic books, I still own several hardcovers :suicide:

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ManlyGrunting posted:

"Blackest Night" was the event that got me into comic books, I still own several hardcovers :suicide:

I hope one of them has Guy Gardner: Chainsaw Master at least.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason I'm reading mid-2000 JLA despite it not being very good. Despite that at least in issue 9 we find out what the citizens of Gorilla City do on their free time when not being brainwashed by Grodd.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

ManlyGrunting posted:

Kyle's fridged girlfriend being a Black Lantern gave me a Sensible Chuckle.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

From Rocket Raccoon #5. I've been loving Kraven's appearances in lower tier books these past few years.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
"Come with me if you want a lift" is way funnier than it has any right to be.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Don't leave us in suspense. How does Kraven make his money?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Slashrat posted:

Merchandising!

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
He brings cute animals on to late night talk shows.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

From Rocket Raccoon #5. I've been loving Kraven's appearances in lower tier books these past few years.

I love that the Kraven Van is canon.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
How is it not the KraVan?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Phylodox posted:

How is it not the KraVan?
I'm sure that's what they called it in Squirrel Girl.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Slashrat posted:

Read the book and find out.
From hunting aliens and turning their bodies over to people who want all the aliens dead.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Lodin posted:

For some reason I'm reading mid-2000 JLA despite it not being very good. Despite that at least in issue 9 we find out what the citizens of Gorilla City do on their free time when not being brainwashed by Grodd.

I would say that this is the raddest thing I've seen in weeks, but then the KraVan stole its thunder.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
Yeah, Squirrel Girl (the little writers comments at the bottom to be exact) called it the Kra-Van. It looked stylized and amazing there. :allears:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wish there was a better scan of this.
From NES Superman's manual.

edit: Hooray. This is a bit better.

The fearsom General Zoddo

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Apr 30, 2017

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

This is really a rare gift in that every panel is amazing.