Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ggie
Mar 23, 2017
hello this is ggie i have my toon leveled up in the starfleet dental academy and i am wanting to know what to do next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ggie posted:

hello this is ggie i have my toon leveled up in the starfleet dental academy and i am wanting to know what to do next

Navigate over to the FYAD forum and post your formal application.

Your gaming history.

Your strengths/weaknesses.

What you can do for Starfleet Dental.

What Starfleet Dental can do for you.

Please be thorough and include any guilds or clans you've been in before in video games.

If you had a leadership role please explain your responsibilities and experience. We are always looking for new leadership.

Please also include a run-down on your build on your main character, with an explanation of why you chose each component. If you have a plan to improve your build please explain it.

Applicants who do not post a full application/introduction are not given places in the guild.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

Navigate over to the FYAD forum and post your formal application.

Your gaming history.

Your strengths/weaknesses.

What you can do for Starfleet Dental.

What Starfleet Dental can do for you.

Please be thorough and include any guilds or clans you've been in before in video games.

If you had a leadership role please explain your responsibilities and experience. We are always looking for new leadership.

Please also include a run-down on your build on your main character, with an explanation of why you chose each component. If you have a plan to improve your build please explain it.

Applicants who do not post a full application/introduction are not given places in the guild.
Check his post history - he's already been posting in FYAD for an invite. A lot.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

g0del posted:

Check his post history - he's already been posting in FYAD for an invite. A lot.

:eyepop:

I don't think he's posted an application in the prescribed format though.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I saw someone whining that 2 people had found a way to spawn in with the enemy team in the ground queue and kill them while they tried to cross the bridges at the beginning.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

It's funny but it also fucks your hotbar when you do it, so :effort:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Psycho Landlord posted:

It's funny but it also fucks your hotbar when you do it, so :effort:

Nah they mean actually spawning/respawning at the start with the enemy, not the borg thing.

Some dipshit said he'd figured it out and reported it but wouldn't say how to do it.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
The end of the Iconian arc has them loving off to Iconia to rebuild. All except T'Ket, or whoever the red one that got am arm hacked off by a fat old clone with a chunk of metal is. That one is still pissy and engaging in raids or other bitchiness against the Alpha/Beta quad purely to justify the Iconian queues remaining active, per dev admission.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zebulon posted:

The end of the Iconian arc has them loving off to Iconia to rebuild. All except T'Ket, or whoever the red one that got am arm hacked off by a fat old clone with a chunk of metal is. That one is still pissy and engaging in raids or other bitchiness against the Alpha/Beta quad purely to justify the Iconian queues remaining active, per dev admission.

You'd think they would have the space magic to heal the arm or fabricate a replacement one.

But then how could you tell which one it was? It's not like they are individually identifiable or display any particular personality traits :v:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

ggie posted:

I'm sold on this guy. GGie, once you get a platinum account on the SA forums, we can begin transmitting encrypted mission instructions to you. Right now we're too exposed. Apologies for the delay -- I'm not sure why no one else told you this sooner.

Please post again once your first mission is complete.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
Introducing newbies to the D. :dance:

https://oddshot.tv/s/jgC_SH

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Disco Fuckass would be a good username.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

DancingShade posted:

You'd think they would have the space magic to heal the arm or fabricate a replacement one.

But then how could you tell which one it was? It's not like they are individually identifiable or display any particular personality traits :v:

You'd think so. But T'Ket is the really pissy one. Could be it takes a long time to repair themselves, fabricate new parts, or whatever. Or maybe they genuinely just can't do it, who knows. They were different colors and do actually have unique, different designs to them. The three main, named ones anyways. I think they used one or two generic models for the other 9. The personalities on the main three were "pacifistic," "vengeful warmonger," and "moderate trying to get the two others to cooperate" though. The pacifistic one is the one we succeed in killing, which is why the war pretty much ramps up instantly and everything goes even further to poo poo. The Iconian arc was really, really bad about actually communicating the scale of it and repercussions however. Hint: They put a Klingon in charge of a war of attrition based triage, poo poo got bad. They for some reason are still unable or unwilling to actually put the storyblogs in game either, so that's the majority of the actual plot to that arc just straight up gone for the average player.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey. First time since the current season launched I finally got into the space competitive queue. (no joke I've never had it pop before) It had the potential to be ok or even fun but the multiple doors are just boring as hell to work through.

Completely forgot that there was free fire PVP at the end and that AMS consoles still existed, so I missed scoring a kill before it was over but it was almost a good game experience. Dug out my dusty AMS console for next time.

The thing is even though I've only played it a grand total of once I can already see the big issue with it - the end team vs team PVP with tanky shooty objectives is good. Long missed actually. But the slog through dull NPC spaceships and dumb space doors to get there is tedious and a massive turn off.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

DancingShade posted:

Oh hey. First time since the current season launched I finally got into the space competitive queue. (no joke I've never had it pop before) It had the potential to be ok or even fun but the multiple doors are just boring as hell to work through.

Completely forgot that there was free fire PVP at the end and that AMS consoles still existed, so I missed scoring a kill before it was over but it was almost a good game experience. Dug out my dusty AMS console for next time.

The thing is even though I've only played it a grand total of once I can already see the big issue with it - the end team vs team PVP with tanky shooty objectives is good. Long missed actually. But the slog through dull NPC spaceships and dumb space doors to get there is tedious and a massive turn off.

I've run it a couple of times since it launched and it works if you coach your pug team through the objectives. Both times I've done this we've finished and been halfway done killing the core by the time the other team gets into the arena, which turns it into a slaughter.

I kind of understand why Cryptic didn't make a pure DPS race Space DOTA because poorly geared pubbies would get absolutely wrecked but on the other hand I really wish they had so Dental could wreck fools.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Coq au Nandos posted:

I've run it a couple of times since it launched and it works if you coach your pug team through the objectives. Both times I've done this we've finished and been halfway done killing the core by the time the other team gets into the arena, which turns it into a slaughter.

I kind of understand why Cryptic didn't make a pure DPS race Space DOTA because poorly geared pubbies would get absolutely wrecked but on the other hand I really wish they had so Dental could wreck fools.

I was able to alpha any random pubbie down to at least 50% in one volley without any buff stacking beforehand or usage of captain skills before flying back out of the pack (way too much pet / summon spam to separate out the good targets, plus AMS everywhere).

If we put together an actual crew again it would be more one sided than one of Ludikro's old videos.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

DancingShade posted:

I was able to alpha any random pubbie down to at least 50% in one volley without any buff stacking beforehand or usage of captain skills before flying back out of the pack (way too much pet / summon spam to separate out the good targets, plus AMS everywhere).

If we put together an actual crew again it would be more one sided than one of Ludikro's old videos.

Can you even bring a premade to that queue? I'd be down if so.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Coq au Nandos posted:

Can you even bring a premade to that queue? I'd be down if so.

Never checked. Uncertain current general player pop in the queue is sufficient to worry about it.

Would be good to fly into combat with a full group of goons again though. Man it's been years.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

We've been routinely flying full goon teams, so yes. Pay attention to TNG when we ask for X's, maybe?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Psycho Landlord posted:

We've been routinely flying full goon teams, so yes. Pay attention to TNG when we ask for X's, maybe?

Timezones yo.

(if I ever manage to log on when everyone else is, I will totally X up)

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 30, 2017

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

Psycho Landlord posted:

x

ggie
Mar 23, 2017

BombermanX posted:

Sounds like you're in for a promotion! Congratulations ggie! Let me log into the academy and award you a new rank!

yes i do

ggie fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 2, 2017

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Zebulon posted:

You'd think so. But T'Ket is the really pissy one. Could be it takes a long time to repair themselves, fabricate new parts, or whatever. Or maybe they genuinely just can't do it, who knows. They were different colors and do actually have unique, different designs to them. The three main, named ones anyways. I think they used one or two generic models for the other 9. The personalities on the main three were "pacifistic," "vengeful warmonger," and "moderate trying to get the two others to cooperate" though. The pacifistic one is the one we succeed in killing, which is why the war pretty much ramps up instantly and everything goes even further to poo poo. The Iconian arc was really, really bad about actually communicating the scale of it and repercussions however. Hint: They put a Klingon in charge of a war of attrition based triage, poo poo got bad. They for some reason are still unable or unwilling to actually put the storyblogs in game either, so that's the majority of the actual plot to that arc just straight up gone for the average player.

Then that Klingon goes back in time and has an unprecedented change of heart for reasons. Like, I have no idea. I mean, I'm not saying "Sela was right" but that turn-about made no sense.

If I'd had my druthers, I'd have murdered Sela in the past and make up some poo poo about time travel accidents when I got back to the present. Crisis averted. Galaxy saved.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
It's simple, he'd arrived a week early, he's smart enough not to start some poo poo without backup, so instead he decides to do some scouting. His change of heart comes from observing the Iconians before they turned themselves into nightmarish hell monsters. He thinks to himself "These dudes are alright, they aren't the monsters here that they are in the future, I wonder what caused it." Then we arrive with Sela just in time to cause it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Technical Analysis posted:

It's simple, he'd arrived a week early, he's smart enough not to start some poo poo without backup, so instead he decides to do some scouting. His change of heart comes from observing the Iconians before they turned themselves into nightmarish hell monsters. He thinks to himself "These dudes are alright, they aren't the monsters here that they are in the future, I wonder what caused it." Then we arrive with Sela just in time to cause it.

It's just, he knows exactly how they turn out. They have 200,000 years to get mad about something. Does it matter why when they are responsible for the deaths of billions?

I sided with him because it was the nice thing to do, but Sela made a good point and, in the end, letting them live led to exactly what already happened and also explains why they kidnapped her at the end of Hakeev's arc.

Time travel.

Edit: temporal cold war. Hit up earth around 1920 and dump a load of toxic radiation into the atmosphere. Problem solved. Dumbasses. No, lets attack the Federation in the 26th century, instead.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 1, 2017

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

He also knows we time traveled there and could potentially change everything. Doing so by creating an ally of the Iconians instead of slaughtering them all seems like it would be more beneficial in the end. He never struck me as the "RAH RAH FIGHT EVERYTHING HONOR!" kind of Klingon, he seemed more like a thinking man's Klingon, like General Chang.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

g0del posted:

Ggie, are you literally a child, or do you have a mental disability? Or is english not your first language? Because there's a subtext here that you've been missing for long enough that it's moving from funny to just sad.

I kind of want to adopt them. Gives me hope for the Academy!

ggie
Mar 23, 2017
neither one i am just wondering what is next since i am in the academy yes i am a rea female

ggie
Mar 23, 2017
i am sorry for mis understanding you no i dont have mental disabitily

ggie fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 2, 2017

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

GioSPL posted:

you could just have answered "yes" without proving it again but hey

"You... are black!" says the pot to the kettle.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Wait, that's not a re-branding and we've got two of them now? Or is a re-reg of the same J4G?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

what is going on here :psyduck:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

We're being trolled and there are quite a few putzes here who keep falling for it.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Whatever makes Lowtax more money so we can keep that sweet Pentium 2 powered server running. Slot processor superiority.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nita posted:

Whatever makes Lowtax more money so we can keep that sweet Pentium 2 powered server running. Slot processor superiority.

Original Pentium with the floating point error or bust IMO.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

We're being trolled and there are quite a few putzes here who keep falling for it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

While correct pointing it out does kind of ruin it for the peanut gallery.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

The Star Trek Online experience is falling for the same shot over and over and over again, be it trolling, fake spaceships, or promises to fix any aspect of the game.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Case in point, I find myself wondering whether the Beam Fire At Will accuracy thing took.

But then again, I've been running Accurate(+10), two levels of the accuracy skill(Supposedly +12.5), and the Nukara Particle Converter(+10) so technically I've near nulled the 40 penalty, before ACC mods on weapons and such.

...Huh. I just never wanted to miss. A miss is a waste. The accuracy overflow to crit hit and Severity sounded nice, too.

So no more overflow, but Fire At Will is mostly as it always has been.

Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

He also knows we time traveled there and could potentially change everything. Doing so by creating an ally of the Iconians instead of slaughtering them all seems like it would be more beneficial in the end. He never struck me as the "RAH RAH FIGHT EVERYTHING HONOR!" kind of Klingon, he seemed more like a thinking man's Klingon, like General Chang.

They try and portray him that way, but then he does poo poo like lead a full on frontal assault against a Dyson Sphere with the entire remaining fleet of the Alliance.

• Locked thread