Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Game is incredibly good and fun but it is also pretty jankey in unappreciable ways.

Worst 500 hours of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenStormyBobaMrDestructoid

eSports ready.

Its OK Hard, you are a good person even if parts of the game are trash. You probably didn't even work on those parts very long!

I was in the audience heh.

I've read some comments on reddit about this.

Serves them right, now they know how it feels..

:psypop:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenStormyBobaMrDestructoid

eSports ready.

Its OK Hard, you are a good person even if parts of the game are trash. You probably didn't even work on those parts very long!

That hurts to watch. :ohdear:

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
What's up with this zero fps bug? I'm not liking it one bit.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Monty still good as gently caress to be honest. Revolver is essentially pointless now, but the P9 still does work since you have plenty of bullets to cheese a headshot with. Additionally, it's kind of demoralizing to get hit with even if it doesn't 2 shot you.

March forward with shield extended. Then drop shield, crouch, fire once or twice. Extend shield. Rinse and repeat.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

lohli posted:

Game is incredibly good and fun but it is also pretty jankey in unappreciable ways.

Worst 500 hours of my life.

It's a charming French jank.

Hard posted:

I was in the audience heh.

I've read some comments on reddit about this.

Serves them right, now they know how it feels..

:psypop:

We still love ya buddy. You adorable little scamp :glomp:.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Apr 29, 2017

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
I don't think I've ever played a multiplayer game with as many server issues as this one. But as much as I threaten to disown this game, I keep coming back.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I just hope The new op code name Vagazzle is pretty useful on older maps.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Nickname Pending posted:

I don't think I've ever played a multiplayer game with as many server issues as this one. But as much as I threaten to disown this game, I keep coming back.

This garbage heap is one of the best games of the decade. :(

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

oh poo poo more games I can love to play and suck at doing so.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Great Beer posted:

:same:

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Great Beer posted:

It was a welcome change for me, after coming off of a Halo 5 binge for several months. Love this game, can't stop playing. I've even caved for some of the games various microtransactions. But, I feel like half of my time with it is just spent getting booted from the servers or having to relaunch the game because of some stupid error message.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Thief posted:

yeah the "where would i be" potshotting pays off relatively often in this game

This is why I always try to be skeptical even when my first reaction is "no loving way that dudes hacking."

So many times I've taken a random shot at a window or wall and come up with a headshot, it probably looked like I was hacking in a bunch of these situations too.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Hard posted:

My comment towards your link is that guys with hundreds if not thousands of hours in this game saw the vid and acted as if they had an epiphany. THIS IS BULLSHIT, this is why i always die and can't kill poo poo.

Games not perfect and probably will never be to everyone's standards but this kind of thing is funny to me as lots of pros are posting videos of good peak corners which takes advantage of this exact feature and the community is drinking it up as it will help them bring their a-games. However, when it gets explained and compared to entirely different shooters now it's bullshit.

Bullets landing in front of your face in reality but on your client get caught on a doorway or window frame is a big issue and has nothing to do with peaking. The game client is giving the player false information.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 30, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

new operators are out, the tact ladder is a bit OP and the MSG powder bomb is a bit tacky.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Loopoo posted:

new operators are out, the tact ladder is a bit OP and the MSG powder bomb is a bit tacky.

Think you could post the info/pics here? At work so I don't have much time to look it up.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
So after being unable to connect to servers all weekend I tried forcing connecting to a different datacenter and bam, straight in no problems. Maybe they should change it so it cycles them if they are unreachable for whatever reason?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lohli posted:

I thought all of this "bullet comes from the crosshair" stuff was apparent to anyone who had seen a killcam.

Are you joking? Since the first day of Siege we've been told to expect killcams to be inaccurate, for one. I personally have always just assumed that there was penetration through the object they hit to shoot me. Why would I think that the bullets were coming out of the loving crosshair but only on their screen so I didn't get any indication?

Hard, I love your game, but that's an "animations flipped since release in TF2" level bug.

Fuckin' 30,000 people playing this game but I can't get a solo queue casual match in over 5 minutes.

e: Nevermind, apparently it's a new bug where I'm in a game but on my screen I'm still sitting in the matchmaking screen.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 1, 2017

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
People have known about it for quite a bit, the video is a good demonstration of a worst case.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Some guy posted this video that I found pretty funny:

https://my.mixtape.moe/aybitf.webm

and then he edited it and posted this:

https://my.mixtape.moe/hnxayr.webm

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Loopoo posted:

and then he edited it and posted this:

https://my.mixtape.moe/hnxayr.webm

:allears:

Pulse is probably my favorite defensive operator but I get myself in so much trouble trying to show off as him.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

:allears:

Pulse is probably my favorite defensive operator but I get myself in so much trouble trying to show off as him.

He seems awesome, but every time I play him, I just get royally owned. I'll see someone behind a wall and go to pop them, but it almost always backfires.

I like watching Macie play as Pulse, cause he's awesome with the operator.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Loopoo posted:

He seems awesome, but every time I play him, I just get royally owned. I'll see someone behind a wall and go to pop them, but it almost always backfires.

I like watching Macie play as Pulse, cause he's awesome with the operator.

A lot of times I'll be like "oh look! there's somebody...right....HERE!"---blam, dead. I get caught putting away the motion detector as they're coming in.

Its hard to find people to team up for it, but a competent 2-man team of Pulse and Caveira is the most fun thing you can do in Siege.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I love when I'm Pulse and am playing with a mate in Discord, the amount of wall / window bangs we get are so satisfying. I just stand by shootable walls / windows and call out when there's an enemy.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Had a short phase where I almost exclusively played Pulse. I love his shotgun and use only that, as I figure he should be mainly for getting a close jump on the enemy anyway. Though I do often gently caress up with window kills, since his sensor takes so much time to put away, the enemy has usually moved by the time I shoot.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Ye I stopped using the shotgun cause wallbanging / windowbanging people was annoying as gently caress, seeing as the first spray would usually hurt them only a little and they'd panic fire and kill me. I used his other gun and I was getting kills more consistently.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Ubisoft tech support told me that perhaps my 0fps problem was because I'm playing r6 in dx11. Is it even possible to switch to dx9 in this game?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

To put this in context there's basically no public BattlEye cheats because the system sorta rootkits you. The only ones around are custom ones people pay a buttload for that do stuff like display information on a second screen (eg, the poo poo Clever got caught for in Siege)

Quoting from the PUBG thread. Is Clever the guy posted a few weeks ago who kept obviously staring at his second screen before killing people he had no idea were there? I love reading about cheaters getting caught.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Yes, that's him.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I just don't understand cheating in multiplayer. It's one thing to exploit a map (e.g. a glitched camping spot) for the occasional "lulz," another thing to have a program running through a second monitor to help you get kills. Unless your intention is to just be a jackass. So, what, it gets you to the top of the leaderboards and into MLG status? Congratulations, you are number 1 at video games via cheating. Would at least be much more impressive if you worked hard for it.

Anyway, back to Siege discussion.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lots of people get their dicks hard by winning, even if they cheated.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Are server issues still going right now (not that there isn't always something)? Booted randomly from five games in a row with the message that servers are unreachable.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do Mute jammers stop Hibana charges? Thinking of playing Mute more over someone like Kapkan as I like team supporting abilities the most.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Flipswitch posted:

Do Mute jammers stop Hibana charges? Thinking of playing Mute more over someone like Kapkan as I like team supporting abilities the most.

Yup.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Time to play Mute I guess! He seems decent I just kimda forget he exists.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Just remember you have to have the jammer down before she sets it off. If you put the jammer down while it's going off, you won't stop it. Same with Bandit's battery.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Team-based operators are really satisfying to play as, but if the enemy has a Thatcher, gl hf, all your poo poo gets exploded. I wish his EMP grenade disabled gadgets for a few minutes instead of outright causing them to explode (that's not how EMPs work!). So I'm always torn between placing gadgets fully at the start of the round, or placing one or two and keeping one as a backup for if my poo poo gets exploded.

Playing as attackers without a Thatcher and a defending team filled with team-based operators is insanely frustrating. You can't breach where you wanna breach, nothing works, it causes you to go the long way round. So I always try and roll Thatcher if possible.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
People don't realize on Klub that Mute jammers don't work towards the top of the big garage doors so you can just get popped by Fuze easily:
https://streamable.com/ym6f8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Loopoo posted:

Team-based operators are really satisfying to play as, but if the enemy has a Thatcher, gl hf, all your poo poo gets exploded. I wish his EMP grenade disabled gadgets for a few minutes instead of outright causing them to explode (that's not how EMPs work!). So I'm always torn between placing gadgets fully at the start of the round, or placing one or two and keeping one as a backup for if my poo poo gets exploded.

Playing as attackers without a Thatcher and a defending team filled with team-based operators is insanely frustrating. You can't breach where you wanna breach, nothing works, it causes you to go the long way round. So I always try and roll Thatcher if possible.

When playing Mute, I generally like to keep at least one jammer on backup in case of Thatcher/Twitch.

Thatcher doesn't seem to be as necessary in casual, since a lot of people don't seem to know how to efficiently use Mute, and Bandit can only cover so many walls. Though I feel a lot of people are unprepared for him, so he can really screw the enemy over with the right team combo.

• Locked thread