Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Anyone in Goon Cup atm? Playing Persona 5, was going to jump over to Kart if its crowded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Seeing you people complain about puyo puyo tetris controllers of all things is weird. I didn't realize we had arcade masters here. Joycon is serviceable and a fight stick is coming. Pro controller has worked fine as well for me and I only hard drop, but when I gently caress up hard drops instead of blaming the controller I realize if it's online it can be lag or you know, I dropped it in the wrong place and fatfingered.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Wendell posted:

I've been playing handheld and barely even feel the rumble! I forget it is even happening unless I make a point of looking for it. Are my joycons bad or is it toned down for handheld?

It seems to be more effective when playing with the joycons separated.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't know why people are mad about the joycons. The directional buttons are great for tetris. I play in handheld mode and use the buttons.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I brought my Switch to work yesterday and my coworker and I played Mario Kart at lunch.

I understand some of the gripes about the system, but man the ability to take a console system with you is just amazing.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Both Zelda and Mk8 don't use the rumble at full power, they go for effect. Blaster Master will try to shake the things right out of your hands on the other hand.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Pro Controller rumble is a serious setup. Like someone said, it's probably the equivalent to both joycon. I love it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is Mario Kart the only game to have good force feedback?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Cojawfee posted:

It seems to actually use HD rumble unlike Zelda

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Joy-cons and Pro Controllers both work great for Tetris and I don't have any problems with accidentally hard dropping, but a real joystick with the feedback of clicky microswitches and a decent length of throw makes it a lot easier to confidently go really fast.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 29, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So Amazon, at least the US one, is completely sold out of Mario Kart :stare:

Norns posted:

Because it was, admited by Nintendo themselves, quickly ported over with little optimization to the Switch it doesn't actually have HD Rumble at all just generic rumble

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Norns posted:

Which is dumbfounding. Maybe they didn't want to upstage the wiiu one? But your launch huge title and I can't feel the got dang ice cubes?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Digital is never sold out my friend

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Joy-cons and Pro Controllers both work great for Tetris and I don't have any problems with accidentally hard dropping, but a real joystick with the feedback of clicky microswitches and a decent length of throw makes it a lot easier to confidently go really fast.

A fight stick is coming but I feel like nintendo usually never goes the traditional arcade fighter route.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm buying physical just to make that one goon mad forever.

Also I really like carts?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Blaster Master 0

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Norns posted:

Same. Discs I'm bleh to but hunks of plastic that go in slots? Let me lick them and bask in their bitter flavor

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Norns posted:

:same:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Which goon is is mad I bought physical?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Blaster Master 0

Doesn't that just have max rumble or something? I'm not really interested in something that is trying to emulate a cell phone trying to vibrate itself off a desk.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Was hoping Mario kart 8 had more structured single player content than "here's some cups go" . Good game though.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Which goon is is mad I bought physical?

I don't remember their name but their gimmick posting was atrocious

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I found Wonder Boy actually had really good rumble, especially swimming or flying. You really subtly feel the air/water travel through each joycon from left to right.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Was hoping Mario kart 8 had more structured single player content than "here's some cups go" . Good game though.

Has there ever been such a mario kart? Every game just has you do a bunch of races against the AI and that's it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My GF and I did every 200cc grand prix last night.
gently caress Mario Kart.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Cojawfee posted:

Has there ever been such a mario kart? Every game just has you do a bunch of races against the AI and that's it.

DS had a pretty fun mission/challenge mode.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

There's a story scene in Puyo Puyo Tetris where there's an alarm going and the HD Rumble has both sides going at a low intensity and then alternates each side rumbling at high intensity to mirror the alarm feeling. It's really neat.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cojawfee posted:

Even if it had a coin shop it'd be better imho. Just some kind of carrot

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Cojawfee posted:

A Sonic Racing Transformed-like single player would be neat. Or a Smash-style events page with special races/AI battle mode.

Maybe if the next one just up and becomes Nintendo Kart, since it's pretty much there already.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

My GF and I did every 200cc grand prix last night.
gently caress Mario Kart.

Are you whining about content?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Empress Brosephine posted:

Even if it had a coin shop it'd be better imho. Just some kind of carrot

it literally has coins

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TVs Ian posted:

A Sonic Racing Transformed-like single player would be neat. Or a Smash-style events page with special races/AI battle mode.

Maybe if the next one just up and becomes Nintendo Kart, since it's pretty much there already.

I played the he'll out of this. But I remember it just being races too?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

it literally has coins

I think he means a shop where you spend coins on what you want. Not random unlocks.

Does the game tell you when youve unlocked everything? Or what number should I be looking for to have everything unlocked?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Bombadilillo posted:

I think he means a shop where you spend coins on what you want. Not random unlocks.

Does the game tell you when youve unlocked everything? Or what number should I be looking for to have everything unlocked?

gold glider at 10000

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Bombadilillo posted:

I played the he'll out of this. But I remember it just being races too?

There were different modes. Some were races or racing ghosts, some were trials to get the longest drift possible, there was a mode where you followed and shot at a tank, there were elimination modes where players got knocked out when they got hit and you had to survive, and there was a mode with traffic to avoid on the courses.

They were all on the same courses or parts of them, but they mixed it up a bit so it wasn't all, "complete a race, finish in at least position x."

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TVs Ian posted:

There were different modes. Some were races or racing ghosts, some were trials to get the longest drift possible, there was a mode where you followed and shot at a tank, there were elimination modes where players got knocked out when they got hit and you had to survive, and there was a mode with traffic to avoid on the courses.

They were all on the same courses or parts of them, but they mixed it up a bit so it wasn't all, "complete a race, finish in at least position x."

Don't know how I missed those. K played it like a mario kart. I probably thought it was time trials which I don't care for.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm gonna break 2000 rating soon. Mario kart addicted

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Mine didn't come yesterday so I got $25 gift card, an extra month of prime and it will be here tomorrow. I can live with that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

inferis posted:

Mine didn't come yesterday so I got $25 gift card, an extra month of prime and it will be here tomorrow. I can live with that.

How'd you pull that? Did you just keep bitching at a customer support rep until they gave you all that? I was e-mailed a $10 credit and that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

RCarr posted:

How'd you pull that? Did you just keep bitching at a customer support rep until they gave you all that? I was e-mailed a $10 credit and that's it.

I got the email for the $10, complained to the support chat they gave me $15 right away then I asked explicitly for the extra month of prime. My order shipped later that night and she said I'd get it within 48 hours.

• Locked thread