Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Behold, the Fist of the Death Star!

I am very bad at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

If you're beating someone that badly there's more than a gear difference. First a non-Merc, non-stealth shouldn't be going after an occupied node solo. Second either he was bad about his DCD usage or was dumb enough to 1-on-1 with them on CD.

Just to update you on this, I slaughtered a Guardian one on one, and a Commando who came right after him tonight. Commando even threw up his reflect shield (but not his energy shield and I'm assuming Kolto overload was on cooldown), but still. :D

Commando was kind enough to fight me a bit and not call for help, then I killed him and leisurely planted the bomb in Voidstar.

Now, in fairness, JC pubs are really, really bad in general at PvP (Aside from a few really, really good premades)

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Man even though they raised bolster, once you're geared in 246/248 PVP is a beast. I was defending a node in civil war, and a Marauder started running towards me. Shouted that I might need help but not yet... Backstab from stealth, Volatile Substance, Veiled Strike, crippling strike, few lacerates and backstab coming off cooldown and "Never mind". I was using the Jarring Strike utility so the first few GCDs be was on the ground.

Definitely not used to easily killing people 1 on 1. I feel bad for PvP only players. :(

I haven't really played much since the recent updates, but marauders and sentinels were more or less fodder for operatives just before (and after) Fallen Empire hit by the way the class is built. They're meant to be able to initiate and fall apart if they can't.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Running log for THIS EASY CONTEST YOU SHOULD ALL BE ENTERING FOR SWEET LOOT.

Coldforge AKA Dashkin

Sun Wu Kampf AKA SaberoFred (also formerly Troika)

HebrewMagic AKA Sakarian

Turbl AKA Possums

Moreau AKA Glabus

Preechr AKA Parella

Medullah's right, you guys need to put some :effort: in but he also wants me to give you all until at least 8th May for this now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So let's try and kill Tyth at 8pm EDT Sunday. New raid boss, drops 242 gear to roll on, slim chance at a rare weapon!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's also not a full raid, just a few trash clears and a simple boss fight rather than a full, complicated operation. It'll be 1am here but I can probably make it and half-arsed tank Tyth.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

So let's try and kill Tyth at 8pm EDT Sunday. New raid boss, drops 242 gear to roll on, slim chance at a rare weapon!

I'm on lockout for Tyth

Why not do one of the classics, like Dread Palace or Terror from Beyond?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I'm on lockout for Tyth

Why not do one of the classics, like Dread Palace or Terror from Beyond?

Because it's the new boss, and I'm sure people want to see it. Especially returning players who have seen the old raids a billion times.

We'll see how much time we have and who shows up.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Also because people need it for the Iokath continuation and being a shorter, relatively easy boss it's a nice introductory 'raid' for people to fit the contest theme. Speaking of which if people do come along and parse it that'll count as their second entry to the contest!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Also because people need it for the Iokath continuation and being a shorter, relatively easy boss it's a nice introductory 'raid' for people to fit the contest theme. Speaking of which if people do come along and parse it that'll count as their second entry to the contest!

I'll even say that if you raid sync with Starparse you'll get ANOTHER entry!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We could try Tyth hardmode I guess. The mechanics are pretty much the same except for a tank swap.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

We can see, if we're able to knock SM out easily.

We could also potentially try The Eyeless after - it's Rakghoul week.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I'll try, I guess.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yay, finally popped my Tyth cherry. I'd say not bad for a complete random GF group, in and out in 10 minutes. :D

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'm not letting you enter the contest no matter how many logs you post. :colbert:

BigRoman
Jun 19, 2005
So I'm doing macrobinocular missions to switch things up. I did the Coruscant mission and am now on Taris, but instead of the macrobinocular symbol on my map, I just have a general area to search. Does the symbol pop up when I get close, or do I wander around until i see my option to use the macrobinoculars ungrey on my action bar?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BigRoman posted:

So I'm doing macrobinocular missions to switch things up. I did the Coruscant mission and am now on Taris, but instead of the macrobinocular symbol on my map, I just have a general area to search. Does the symbol pop up when I get close, or do I wander around until i see my option to use the macrobinoculars ungrey on my action bar?

Nope just a general area. Honestly just follow the Dulfy guide to find the locations - it's fun to explore for about 10 minutes but gets old quick.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Macrobinoculars arn't so bad. Seeker droid missions on the other hand, are :froggonk:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Aleth posted:

I'm not letting you enter the contest no matter how many logs you post. :colbert:

Have his logs count toward a chance of just deleting the item

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Preechr posted:

I am very bad at this.

Sheesh son, you barely beat me with my redneck brawler.

NEXT CONTEST, UNARMED FIGHT CLUB! NO COMPANIONS, NO SHIRTS!

It'll suck not being able to tell people about it though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Preechr posted:

I am very bad at this.

the parse says zero, but I think your abs look great

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I concur, your abs are raid-ready

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Medullah's having internet woes and there are only a handful of us on with 70s ready for tonight so the Tyth run is on hold for the moment. Might start later if there enough people around but I'll probably be in bed.

Rorrschach
Apr 26, 2017

by Smythe
WTB Swtor 1.0 private server.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Rorrschach posted:

lol at least start at 2.0...1.0 ToR was garbage.

Rorrschach
Apr 26, 2017

by Smythe

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

lol at least start at 2.0...1.0 ToR was garbage.

A wild millennial appears.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i too enjoy spending hours of my life doing hours of sidequests that get insanely old after the first time in order to barely keep up with the levels required to let me experience the cool and interest parts i actually play the game for

Rorrschach
Apr 26, 2017

by Smythe

dmboogie posted:

i too enjoy spending hours of my life doing hours of sidequests that get insanely old after the first time in order to barely keep up with the levels required to let me experience the cool and interest parts i actually play the game for

Translation: I hate playing the game and want to skip large portions of it.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

so are you just threadshitting or are you actually that much of a grognard

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rorrschach posted:

Translation: I hate playing the game and want to skip large portions of it.

No, true translation - Once you've done the same planetary quests a few times you don't want to do them again.

I mean, the cool thing is, you can still do them if you really want to. Over and over again.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

like seriously, all the planetary quests and even a lot of the exploration quests are cool and good to go through once (and maybe even twice for different resolutions/class dialogue) but i don't think it's a controversial opinion that 100%ing every quest on Coruscant for the fourth time isn't the slightest bit fun

Rorrschach posted:

Funny, I've never had that problem.

like that's fine but you're weirdly confrontational and rude abut it my guy

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 1, 2017

Rorrschach
Apr 26, 2017

by Smythe

Medullah posted:

No, true translation - Once you've done the same planetary quests a few times you don't want to do them again.

Funny, I've never had that problem.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rorrschach posted:

*Ripping off mask*

Old Man Juno!?

Rorrschach
Apr 26, 2017

by Smythe

dmboogie posted:

like seriously, all the planetary quests and even a lot of the exploration quests are cool and good to go through once (and maybe even twice for different resolutions/class dialogue) but i don't think it's a controversial opinion that 100%ing every quest on Coruscant for the fourth time isn't the slightest bit fun

Because you picked a boring class to play them with.

Rorrschach
Apr 26, 2017

by Smythe

dmboogie posted:

like that's fine but you're weirdly confrontational and rude abut it my guy

Safe space is over there.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Rorrschach posted:

Safe space is over there.

wow....... you triggered me..... what a special snowflake millennial i am.................................... ive been...................................OWned

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

He's a troll, ignore him.

Rorrschach
Apr 26, 2017

by Smythe

Medullah posted:

He's a troll, ignore him.

Differing opinions strike again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This game's combat system is not very good, you should want to skip large parts of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorrschach
Apr 26, 2017

by Smythe

Aphrodite posted:

This game's combat system is not very good, you should want to skip large parts of it.

Why play at all then?

• Locked thread