Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeletons!
Mar 28, 2013
steelers continue to exploit the "shiny, eyebrow-less football man" market inefficiency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

So the Patriots get a pass rusher who is slow, but probably more of a 3-4 style DE, cool cool.

:same:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

late but, dak2switz

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Is this white wide receiver Wes Welker or Cole Beasley?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Leperflesh posted:

Or maybe they like next year's qb class better?

I don't follow college ball but I've been hearing for months that next year's got a better QB selection and Palmer isn't so old that they can't hold off a year and then get a guy who could start without years of development maybe?

The hard part is that there was a lot of uncertainty whether Palmer (and Fitzgerald) would even return for 2017, and Palmer waited a while before announcing he would. It'll depend on how the season goes, but if it's like 2016, I think he retires after 2017 so that he doesn't risk further injury and being unable to be active in his young children's lives. Then they'll be trying to find someone either cheap via FA or drafting a QB with noone to mentor him.

Arians has sometimes recently talked about trying to leave a full cupboard when he retires, which has also made me think that he doesn't think that time is too far off, and so is focused on the "now" and not the "few years down the road". So he's hitched himself to Palmer/etc., and when Palmer and Fitz ultimately retire, Arians maybe sticks around for another year or two and then goes himself.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Giants take the 14th RB off the board, I guess they believe in paul perkins lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kalli posted:

I hope we get an okay backup linebacker today you guys!
Please tell me the thread title is intentional.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

e: Oops he's a RB, or we're talking about different picks

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I think Rick Spielman's working his way towards collecting the last 10 picks in the draft so he can get a jump start on UDFAs or some poo poo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

according to the NFL.com scouting report, he's a David Anderson

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is the Eagles Reddit the only one hot on Marlon Mack? Cause I'm seeing like 5 or 6 backs that have already been taken before him that I would expect.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SourKraut posted:

The hard part is that there was a lot of uncertainty whether Palmer (and Fitzgerald) would even return for 2017, and Palmer waited a while before announcing he would. It'll depend on how the season goes, but if it's like 2016, I think he retires after 2017 so that he doesn't risk further injury and being unable to be active in his young children's lives. Then they'll be trying to find someone either cheap via FA or drafting a QB with noone to mentor him.

Arians has sometimes recently talked about trying to leave a full cupboard when he retires, which has also made me think that he doesn't think that time is too far off, and so is focused on the "now" and not the "few years down the road". So he's hitched himself to Palmer/etc., and when Palmer and Fitz ultimately retire, Arians maybe sticks around for another year or two and then goes himself.

Hmm. Yeah that sounds fine, so they're going to be gambling with a later round QB as a development prospect, and rely on the free agent market for a one-year fill-in veteran if he's not ready or they have to try again next year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Josh Lyman posted:

Please tell me the thread title is intentional.

Yeah, I'm just delaying yard work at this point.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Switzer is Beasley. Cooper Kupp is Wes Welker. Chad Henson is Cooper Kupp. I am Chad Henson.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Well the safety is there for the Texans, let's see what they do

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

now THAT'S a white wr

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Colts have traded up with the niners, so now they have 143 and 144?

unless they traded up one spot, nfl.com shows them with 143 & 144 right now but maybe the niners just traded back one spot... weird

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Leperflesh posted:

Colts have traded up with the niners, so now they have 143 and 144?

This is a comp pick at the end of the round for Fleener.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I just woke up and checked wiki and we drafted some tackle with no profile from n/a. He's still better than Chris Clark I'm sure

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

I just woke up and checked wiki and we drafted some tackle with no profile from n/a. He's still better than Chris Clark I'm sure

I read up on him a bit

Weaknesses:
Lacks strength
Can get pushed around
Pass blocking technique needs a lot of work
Run blocking technique needs a lot of work

Oh

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Not as interesting the second time you go to space.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Desmond King needs some love

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts should draft Butt to solidify the best names taken in the draft.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No Desmond King

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/858378723896197124

gently caress.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

This is a comp pick at the end of the round for Fleener.

yeah they already had 144 as their comp pick but now they also have the niners' comp pick, #143.

It just seems a little weird to trade up right there.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Why is an orangutan making draft picks

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha Mayock is so pissed about the zoo

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Love the Mack pick, don't know much about Stewart but DL depth is fine.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My speech path fiance says that lady probably got a nose job. That's one of the only things that could nasal up her voice like that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

yeah they already had 144 as their comp pick but now they also have the niners' comp pick, #143.

It just seems a little weird to trade up right there.

They didn't trade up. This was what they got from the 49ers when they traded up for the Colts earlier pick.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Why is an orangutan making draft picks

smarter than a bear

Codependent Poster posted:

They didn't trade up. This was what they got from the 49ers when they traded up for the Colts earlier pick.

Ohhh, okay. NFL.com didn't update the pick till a few minutes ago so I was fooled by it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Leperflesh posted:

smarter than a bear

:thurman:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wait a second is Jake Butt still around?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Wait a second is Jake Butt still around?

Not any more!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w59e20ijOpE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

tee hee

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Denver cheers as Butt picked

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Legacy of Butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I loving hate Denver, but I am absolutely buying a Jake Butt jersey or at least a shirsey.

• Locked thread