Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

beejay posted:

What was the tweet

Mitch loves titties, Adam loves white power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Honestly, if I were an NFL GM, and I was scouting and interviewing players prior to the draft, "Do you like kissing titties?" would be one of the primary factors I would take into account.

Because how can you argue with that logic? I'll tell you how: You can't.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

beejay posted:

What was the tweet

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

LOL, I didn't even notice the "#whitegreatness," I thought the "Barack Obama makes me irrationally angry every time I think about him" tweet was bad enough.

As for Trubisky's "I love kissing tittiess" tweet, I think the date on it was in 2011? What was he, 15? Our brave new dystopia, where every 15 year old with a twitter account embarrasses the gently caress out of his future self.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciDN4cabyCQ

Aw yea

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Trubisky boos weren't personal. The Bulls were getting clobbered and the Celtics were on a huge run so the Bulls called a timeout and the fans booed the poo poo out of them. Then the fine folks at the United Center decided this would be the time to introduce the new QB that the Bears just made a dumb trade for.

If they had done it earlier in the game he'd have gotten some cheers. Timing was crappy and we were going to boo the poo poo out of anything they put on the jumbotron.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they were saying Truuuuuuuuuuubisky

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm really happy right now.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
our whitest team streak continues, unbroken

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

OSheaman posted:

our whitest team streak continues, unbroken

I think that honor still belongs to the Pats.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo a love of kissing titties is a great quality to have in your QB.

Anyway, it sounds like all told, the Lions have picked up a couple LBs, a TE and a WR?

Good stuff.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Barstool outside of pmt is iffy, but I would absolutely buy this shirt if I was a bears fan.
https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/858324203564658688

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

VJeff posted:

imo a love of kissing titties is a great quality to have in your QB.

Anyway, it sounds like all told, the Lions have picked up a couple LBs, a TE and a WR?

Good stuff.

Counterpoint: Aaron Rodgers. :smug:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DII players: the New Inefficiency

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sataere posted:

Counterpoint: Aaron Rodgers. :smug:

Maybe he likes fat guys, you don't know.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The Lions drafted a player from my alma mater, EMU!

Can't wait to watch him play for the first time :v:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

VJeff posted:

Maybe he likes fat guys, you don't know.

*frantically starts writing his Aaron Rodgers/Vince Wilfork slashfic*

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Somebody give me a rundown on the Lions draft.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Speleothing posted:

Somebody give me a rundown on the Lions draft.

We drafted two LBs, a couple corners, and a TE who can palm small moons:

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/858368085736255493

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The Lions drafted a player from my alma mater, EMU!

Can't wait to watch him play for the first time :v:

Honoring the legacy of Ron Rice and Charlie Batch. Also the Eagles are (sort of) legit now! They went to a bowl game!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Henchman of Santa posted:

Honoring the legacy of Ron Rice and Charlie Batch. Also the Eagles are (sort of) legit now! They went to a bowl game!

They did! Though I do find it funny that they managed to achieve the level of Not Terrible at the exact moment that everyone on campus would rather cut the program entirely than go along with the administration's plan to build a new (extremely expensive) athletic facility.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

The 2017 bears draft class looks weak on paper and Fox looks set to go by the end of the season, so I have to ask: When are the bears going to even start looking like an average team?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hopefully never

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
So the Packers drafted a bunch of dudes I have never heard of. More informed posters, did TT do well? King looks like he has the physical tools to be good, but also the body of a wide receiver which means to me he is playing cb because he can't catch.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lazerbeam posted:

The 2017 bears draft class looks weak on paper and Fox looks set to go by the end of the season, so I have to ask: When are the bears going to even start looking like an average team?

When they get a QB. And can actually stay healthy.

If dat dere trubinsky fella turns out to be good....

Drafts grades based off immediate reactions mean little to nothing to me. It's the acceptance of hey this GM just signed his name in ink. if this he hosed it up he'll be fired.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I've seen some places give the packers an A grade for the draft, but it's always hard to tell. It looks like they addressed needs on paper, but only time will tell.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

humpthewind posted:

So the Packers drafted a bunch of dudes I have never heard of. More informed posters, did TT do well? King looks like he has the physical tools to be good, but also the body of a wide receiver which means to me he is playing cb because he can't catch.

A lot of SPARQy guys and they passed on anyone with the slightest shred of character concerns. It's a pretty typical TT draft at this point - draft a defensive 1st rounder, load up on a position (RB) of need and get a bunch of SPARQ-y guys.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I've seen some places give the packers an A grade for the draft, but it's always hard to tell. It looks like they addressed needs on paper, but only time will tell.

Draft grades are handed out like IGN review scores.

A = fine
B = sucks
C = kill yourself
D = Nobody ever gets this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

GNU Order posted:

Draft grades are handed out like IGN review scores.

A = fine
B = sucks
C = kill yourself
D = Nobody ever gets this

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams-five-earn-as-and-two-fall-short-with-ds/

quote:

They made a strange move to give up so much to move up a spot to No. 2 overall and draft North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. They could have stayed in their third spot and landed him, but gave up too much to move up a spot. If he's a star, they will be laughing at all us. But why give Mike Glennon that contract if this was what you planned to do? Second-round tight end Adam Shaheen from Ashland is a big, physical tight end. But this is all about Trubisky and that trade.
Grade: D

Lets goooo

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Now we are all sons of bitches

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the title of this thread should be NFC North: Putting the N in Trubinsky.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

They spelled Trubinsky wrong in the thread title.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I liked the Vikings draft

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Lazerbeam posted:

I'd say about 5 years after the McCaskeys give up the team.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

IcePhoenix posted:

I liked the Vikings draft

I think Rick Spielman is one of the few GMs with a fan base.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
i questioned some of our gets but ultimately we did fine without our first.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I think the Lions drafted properly.

I know nothing about college football.

According to our GM, he spent the most time researching the Florida CB. I trust him.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Some of the things about the draft I liked, but, other things I didn't.
I liked a lot of the athleticism, but I didn't like a lot of the negatives. It just seemed like that was a down part for me.

However, with that said, there's a lot of upside, and I could see a couple guys being moderate play makers in two to five years.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

Some of the things about the 2016 draft I liked, but, other things I didn't.
I liked a lot of the athleticism, but I didn't like a lot of the negatives. It just seemed like that was a down part for me.

However, with that said, there's a lot of upside, and I could see a couple guys being moderate play makers in two to five years.

Big Beef City posted:

Some of the things about the 2015 draft I liked, but, other things I didn't.

Big Beef City posted:

Some of the things about the 2014 draft I liked, but, other things I didn't.

Big Beef City posted:

Some of the things about the 2013 draft I liked, but, other things I didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cool, Biegel just confirmed he's going to be wearing the mullet for this coming season

• Locked thread