Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerox
May 20, 2001

Elentor posted:

What is a good build choice for raider?

I am currently playing this as I got bored of my WI witch.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1848749

Frost blades is a fun skill so far, but I am only like level 27-28.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
scorching ray RF or with cwc firestorm will be my league starter of choice probably, I love that skill

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I'd like to do SR-CWC-WI but I worry about the gear requirements and how they often conflict with HoWA, so it'd probably be pricey to gear at the start :/

e: or maybe an ice trapper; they didn't rely on any double dipping shenanigans, right? so still should be decent in 3.0?

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 28, 2017

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

YoungSexualNorton posted:

That sucks. I skipped legacy partly because I figured the beta would be out around the start of May. Getting blue balls now. Blue orbs. Exalt my balls.

you'll have to regal them first...

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Magus42 posted:

I'd like to do SR-CWC-WI but I worry about the gear requirements and how they often conflict with HoWA, so it'd probably be pricey to gear at the start :/

e: or maybe an ice trapper; they didn't rely on any double dipping shenanigans, right? so still should be decent in 3.0?
Yeah I was annoyed last league when HOWA took off since it just blew up the prices of lots of WI gear

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Magus42 posted:

yeah the fire conversion ice trappers were nerfed, you can still go hrimburn and scalle two dots at once, but it's not really the same

edit rip I thought you meant Vortex Traps, yeah ice traps are linear as gently caress and bad :D

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

nerox posted:

I am currently playing this as I got bored of my WI witch.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1848749

Frost blades is a fun skill so far, but I am only like level 27-28.

I had a level 80 tshot Raider that I turned into that build, with some modifications. Like using QoTF instead of Belly, Darkray Vectors and Alpha's Howl (so I can get Grace and Hatred). At level 87 I have 40%ms....before charges. With 10 frenzies I'm at about 130%+ms and stay there throughout the map. This is the most fun I've had all league!

Magus42 posted:

Will HoWA even be in 3.0 though? Breach League item, didn't think they put it in standard so....

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Valle posted:

I had a level 80 tshot Raider that I turned into that build, with some modifications. Like using QoTF instead of Belly, Darkray Vectors and Alpha's Howl (so I can get Grace and Hatred). At level 87 I have 40%ms....before charges. With 10 frenzies I'm at about 130%+ms and stay there throughout the map. This is the most fun I've had all league!

Will HoWA even be in 3.0 though? Breach League item, didn't think they put it in standard so....

They said before the start of 2.6 that they wanted to keep breach around in some form, but hadn't decided how to do it yet (with a vague hint that they wouldn't have to deal with it for 2.6 since it was before leaguestones were announced).

We'll probably have a better idea of how it'll work when the beta hits.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Valle posted:

From their past comments they like Breach and are trying to figure out how to integrate it in the main game, so it's likely to exist.

I suppose it's possible it gets left out, in which case I'll go with WI.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

edit rip I thought you meant Vortex Traps, yeah ice traps are linear as gently caress and bad :D

Bad bad or bad in current meta bad; if they're killing double dipping, could they be decent at least as a league starter? I'm not looking to kill shaper with them or anything :)

panda clue
May 23, 2014
There is literally 0 chance Breach doesn't make it into the core game in some form.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Yeah, its their most popular league yet and the #1 leaguestone. Also, this game lives or dies by the amount of content it has and they aren't just going to get rid of all those items, bosses, mobs, currency and breachlord maps.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Magus42 posted:

Bad bad or bad in current meta bad; if they're killing double dipping, could they be decent at least as a league starter? I'm not looking to kill shaper with them or anything :)

oh yeah it totally is a good league starter, go saboteur and go ham

you just wont be able to push early for uber atziri and shaper like other broken builds (maybe those builds wont exist in 3.0)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Goa Tse-tung posted:

oh yeah it totally is a good league starter, go saboteur and go ham

you just wont be able to push early for uber atziri and shaper like other broken builds (maybe those builds wont exist in 3.0)

Great, I'm totally fine with that sort of tradeoff :)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Since I'm totally on my last character this league, I've started looking into the high end ES gear market.

:stare:

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

panda clue posted:

There is literally 0 chance Breach doesn't make it into the core game in some form.

They could just do it like Vaal areas. You walk in and it spawns a breachlord like area abouthe same size as a vaal area.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Genuine question: how many times have they added 3D art to an item that will only be acquirable for a single league without implementing a way to obtain that item through some means in standard or whatever?

Also I'm still buying howa poo poo, so sell me your howa poo poo goons(also lacerate/melee stuff on standard )

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

Genuine question: how many times have they added 3D art to an item that will only be acquirable for a single league without implementing a way to obtain that item through some means in standard or whatever?

Also I'm still buying howa poo poo, so sell me your howa poo poo goons(also lacerate/melee stuff on standard )

Never, everything that gets 3d art added ends up being a divinity card reward or baked in. GGG doesn't waste like that.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
I was trying to wait off untilthe update before coming back, but Ive got a serious itch to start on the Legacy League this weekend.

I know its fun from the sound of what people are saying here, is the guild still active and how long is left this league?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's one month left in the League I think.

nerox
May 20, 2001
So what happens after the league ends and the time until next league? Is it just standard and beta?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

nerox posted:

So what happens after the league ends and the time until next league? Is it just standard and beta?

Play diablo3

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Oodles posted:

Play diablo3

Wasn't there supposed to be a filler league after this one? Or am I just misremembering?

J
Jun 10, 2001

I don't think they've said anything one way or the other yet about the possibility of a filler league. I think it will probably depend on how the expansion is coming along - the farther away it is I'd say the more likely they run some kind of filler league.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Touchdown Boy posted:

I was trying to wait off untilthe update before coming back, but Ive got a serious itch to start on the Legacy League this weekend.

I know its fun from the sound of what people are saying here, is the guild still active and how long is left this league?

for the record: The Guild being active or nor doesn't really change the game (besides chatting of course), by this point the guild stash is full and you can take levelling uniques to your hearts content

now what you need to consider is the market, and imo it's still active (and with that beta postponement it will stay active longer)

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
The Market has entered the stage where the most consistent money is going to come consumable items: fragments, prophecies, etc. Look down the tabs over at Poe.ninja for a quick overview of what is worth what

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

Bob NewSCART posted:

So you haven't just gone to poe.trade to buy gear over the last week since the last time you asked? Why do you have to buy gear from goons?

Vasudus posted:

Never, everything that gets 3d art added ends up being a divinity card reward or baked in. GGG doesn't waste like that.

Nah, there were a bunch of race rewards that got 3D art way after the rewards were given.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

The Broletariat posted:

So you haven't just gone to poe.trade to buy gear over the last week since the last time you asked? Why do you have to buy gear from goons?

Nah, there were a bunch of race rewards that got 3D art way after the rewards were given.

Stop eating those piss cheerios. Me asking if anyone has howa gear they're selling doesn't indicate that I have to buy gear from goons or that I haven't been on poe trade. Relax buddy

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
I started a Ranger for a HoWA build, but I kinda wasnt too sure how to start it off considering you cant really go ES right away (as far as I can tell). So I ended but just pumping skill points into life es and proj dmg. I was playing with skills and my ST sucked compared to Burning Arrow so was just doing that but I dont really like arrow builds...

I got to level 22 before I decided I wasnt sure what I was doing any more. I could do a burning arrow or something and see what happens in another 40 levels or so. Im very out of practice at this stuff.

I missed Breach League, but it seems kinda fun from the few times Ive found them. Also Legacy League is good and I regret not trying it sooner.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Begging, buying, w/e

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Is there anything I should be particularly worried about with merc lab? I just did cruel lab at 70 on HC for the first time and Izaro, while dieing quickly, managed to take half my HP with one hit.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
There will not be a filler league between Legacy and Oriath.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Don't they usually fill that time with races and poo poo?

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure Legacy is the filler league. A few days downtime between leagues is normal, just spend the time theorycrafting builds and reading patch notes so you're ready when the next one launches.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

The Broletariat posted:

People literally paid for these specifically, though.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Stop eating those piss cheerios. Me asking if anyone has howa gear they're selling doesn't indicate that I have to buy gear from goons or that I haven't been on poe trade. Relax buddy

Aren't you the goon that borrowed a 5l belly from another goon (who told you not to gently caress with it), and then you 6l'd it and put them on ignore when they asked for it back later? loving robbing a goon for less than 1ex lmao

please knock Mom! posted:

Begging, buying, w/e

Please give, I mean, SELL (wink wink) me your stuff goons.

Moddington posted:

I'm pretty sure Legacy is the filler league. A few days downtime between leagues is normal, just spend the time theorycrafting builds and reading patch notes so you're ready when the next one launches.

Not really a filler league, just not one of their 'major' leagues. They've done 1 month leagues to stall multiple times in the past. I'm more than happy to wait for a little longer for a finished product, you should be too.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 29, 2017

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

Moddington posted:

But Legacy is supposed to end May 29. That is more than a few days.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

And 3.0 starts in July? Okay yeah, I guess we'll just have to see if they'll fill the gap with a hefty race season or something. In the past I think they've done flashback leagues as filler, but that'd seem a little silly after Legacy, the Flashback League to End All Flashback Leagues.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Moddington posted:

And 3.0 starts in July? Okay yeah, I guess we'll just have to see if they'll fill the gap with a hefty race season or something. In the past I think they've done flashback leagues as filler, but that'd seem a little silly after Legacy, the Flashback League to End All Flashback Leagues.

Darkshrine.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Stangg posted:

Is there anything I should be particularly worried about with merc lab? I just did cruel lab at 70 on HC for the first time and Izaro, while dieing quickly, managed to take half my HP with one hit.

he slams for ~4k on merciless, soooooo

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

panda clue posted:

Darkshrine.

Hell yeah, I'd be down for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why not just extend legacy?