Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

inferis posted:

I got the email for the $10, complained to the support chat they gave me $15 right away then I asked explicitly for the extra month of prime. My order shipped later that night and she said I'd get it within 48 hours.

Cool I'll give it a try, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Kart is fun. I've played in handheld, docked with pro, and docked with handheld joycon. Two separate joycons feel great.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Seeing you people complain about puyo puyo tetris controllers of all things is weird. I didn't realize we had arcade masters here. Joycon is serviceable and a fight stick is coming. Pro controller has worked fine as well for me and I only hard drop, but when I gently caress up hard drops instead of blaming the controller I realize if it's online it can be lag or you know, I dropped it in the wrong place and fatfingered.

lag can cause your tetris block to go in the wrong spot?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
You guys gushing over tetris and puyo, yet nobody complaining that tetris attack wasn't in the game as well?

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I guess I should have traded in my Wii U MK8 and ordered a Switch copy so I could not get it and gripe to get some free poo poo/a good digital discount too. Amazon doesn't look like they're taking trade-ins for it anymore and I didn't really think anything of buying it anyway between having the Wii U and not having a Switch in hand yet.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do the little kart and controller options do on that kart select page

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I decided to buy scalped NES Classic Controllers since I have an old Wii full of NES games, end fragmented thought

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Empress Brosephine posted:

Auto steer, tilt steering, auto accelerate.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TVs Ian posted:

A Sonic Racing Transformed-like single player would be neat. Or a Smash-style events page with special races/AI battle mode.

Maybe if the next one just up and becomes Nintendo Kart, since it's pretty much there already.

They might add more Nintendo characters in future Mario Karts but I doubt they ever change the name. Mario Kart is one of the best selling game franchises of all time, gotta keep that branding.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

the antenna is auto-steer, turn it off immediately. the controller is when you want to say "I'm using tilt controls!" in a lobby and actually mean it for some reason. the other one is auto-accelerate which i've found use for when playing in handheld mode where holding a button down forever does not feel good.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

Don't know how I missed those. K played it like a mario kart. I probably thought it was time trials which I don't care for.

You absolutely did those, unless you really didn't unlock any extra characters!

Anyway, 200cc is great! The speed is thrilling.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spacebump posted:

They might add more Nintendo characters in future Mario Karts but I doubt they ever change the name. Mario Kart is one of the best selling game franchises of all time, gotta keep that branding.

Really they should just add Captain Falcon and his Blue Falcon to either Mario Kart 8DX, or to Fast RMX. Or both.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Really they should just add Captain Falcon and his Blue Falcon to either Mario Kart 8DX, or to Fast RMX. Or both.

Blue Falcon is in.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Quick Q:

I leave to Italy on a Friday and I have a plug adapter that takes USB A and provide the European adapter needed. If I just use the USB A to C that came with my pro controller will that be fine? Can the switch handle 100-240V?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nephzinho posted:

Blue Falcon is in.

Oh poo poo, it is too. There's a course too :cripes:.

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

What is the goon approved power bank to use with this thing?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh poo poo, it is too. There's a course too :cripes:.

There's 2!!

Also if you use the Captains amiibo you can even unlock his costume for mii's. (Though it's not quite the same I admit)

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

InFlames235 posted:

Quick Q:

I leave to Italy on a Friday and I have a plug adapter that takes USB A and provide the European adapter needed. If I just use the USB A to C that came with my pro controller will that be fine? Can the switch handle 100-240V?

It'll be fine, I've used that cable and this thing to charge my Switch at home (UK) and abroad (Majorca).

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

How is MK with the single joycon? Trying to figure out if I need to get another pair or pro controller.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Tender Bender posted:

How is MK with the single joycon? Trying to figure out if I need to get another pair or pro controller.

Not bad. I wouldn't recommend one for extended play sessions.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

It's not bad at all if you have the straps on the joycons. Gives a better grip and makes the shoulder buttons more accessible.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

TerraGoetia posted:

Don't play Tetris with a pro controller... so many accidental hard drops. Individual button directions on the joycons are mos def the way to go.

yeah as much as i like the pro controller its Dpad feels lacking and not quite as precise as id like so ive ended up preferring the joycon for tetris

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tender Bender posted:

ive been using a single joycon because my other one is out for repair. it's obviously not ideal but it's totally serviceable

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

it shriveled up posted:

What is the goon approved power bank to use with this thing?
Anker PowerCore+ 20100
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014ZO46LK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_2nnbzbVMYVCV2

Been using it for over a month and I love it.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Detective No. 27 posted:

Anker PowerCore+ 20100
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014ZO46LK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_2nnbzbVMYVCV2

Been using it for over a month and I love it.

Do you use Type C to C with this one or Type A to C?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I think most people in most cases will be fine with using Joycons for most games, beats packing pro controllers for rooftop parties

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

InFlames235 posted:

Been using Type A to C for charging the Switch. C to C wouldn't do anything.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
What's the timeframe for Amazon two-day? I pre-ordered​ on Wednesday afternoon, hoping I might get it Friday but thinking Saturday or Monday would be more likely. However, my order hasn't even shipped and is not expected until Wednesday.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try the single joycons. Just nervous about loving up the rails with the wriststraps...

InFlames235 posted:

I have a similar one but RAVPower (it's a bit cheaper) and it works great. You'll need C to C to charge while playing. A to C will keep you mostly steady but losing a few percent per hour.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Drunk Tomato posted:

What's the timeframe for Amazon two-day? I pre-ordered​ on Wednesday afternoon, hoping I might get it Friday but thinking Saturday or Monday would be more likely. However, my order hasn't even shipped and is not expected until Wednesday.

Depends on where you are. When I had Prime, I'd regularly get stuff to me in only 1 day while living in Central Valley California.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

i think they ran out of copies but still kept preorders going

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I just use the pro controller for home use, the joycon are perfectly serviceable on the go.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

HyperPuma posted:

lag can cause your tetris block to go in the wrong spot?

Lag can cause your input to delay and make you end up putting in two or no inputs. I've had it happen maybe once on online play when my friends connection lagged the game noticeably.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

thats a strange design. i wonder why the game wouldnt just handle input locally

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

HyperPuma posted:

Tetris DS online was an interesting time.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I live in Silicon Valley and more and more Prime seems to be "yes, it will be 2 day shipping. When we ship it. Which will be in five days."

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I live in bum gently caress nebraska and have never had a fullfilment issue, but the warehouse in rural Wisconsin must never get too many issues.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

HyperPuma posted:

Probably because there's points determined if you do a reaction tetris or tspin so it needs to know who dI'd what first. I had all of one hiccup though and my friends connection was wifi and poo poo.

Is anyone else still kind of awestruck by this console? I was starting to lose that feeling but mk8d pulled me back in. I already pre ordered Arms and Splatoon 2 just in case my rural bm gently caress delivery doesn't happen.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 29, 2017

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

After seeing people singing the praises of HD rumble I thought "I'd better go turn rumble on to experience this", only to find it's been on all along. I feel like I must be missing something.

Now that I'm thinking​ about it I obviously notice the rumble, but I can't tell what's supposed to be different between this and other consoles. This is with joycons, I don't have a pro controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

beergod posted:

Being able to play a current gen MARIO kart while traveling with zero compromises is miraculous

It's a port

• Locked thread