Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Too bad this isn't a Kaiju thread. At all. Watched Godzilla: 2000 offhandedly on a Facebook group stream last night.

"Godzilla will always be with us." - Having defeated the evil space alien monster, Godzilla does not return to the sea, but continues trashing Tokyo. The End.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://youtu.be/PRXI__Wixas

Hope she read the CineD thread.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

After attending last night's live show in Gowanus with me and following all six Chapos on twitter, my fiancee has now officially declared herself a Grey Wolf. We are now a household of lesbian Grey Wolf success daughters, the best kind of Grey Wolves

Chapo, let's go

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I just ate a whole box of thin mints and then chugged some coffee and the thin mints make my coffee taste like curry THAT FACE WHEN

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Virgil has lixed at least two of my replies to him on Twitter, I'm proud of this

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I celebrate chapo day (which is every day there is a new chapo grey wolf reprezent) by murdering and consuming a ceo while listening to the new chapo

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
*whispers* That's Chapo!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
I only eat things I'm afraid of.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

GonSmithe posted:

I'm also slow-rolling it, I've watched a new episode every 3 days or so. I'm on the fifth episode now, I think it's been great.

"BANG!"

I could go for a hot cup of Hitler Coffee right now.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

SPAA is a genius piece of film. It's like a Max Headroom blipvert.

Each segment in V/H/S/2 is better than the one that precedes it, agreed?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Jenny Angel posted:

It's like the inverse of the first film.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Okay. This gets asked every few pages, but which episode of Chapo Trap House should I jump on at?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mecha Gojira posted:

Too bad this isn't a Kaiju thread. At all. Watched Godzilla: 2000 offhandedly on a Facebook group stream last night.

"Godzilla will always be with us." - Having defeated the evil space alien monster, Godzilla does not return to the sea, but continues trashing Tokyo. The End.

No matter the quality of an America Godzilla film, I do appreciate that the Japanese response historically has been to do their own to show us up.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Snak posted:

Okay. This gets asked every few pages, but which episode of Chapo Trap House should I jump on at?

Uber for Ubermensch was one of the first episodes I ever listened to and it was a very good time for my ears and brain. I think that's the one where Elizabeth Holmes "calls in" and one of them gets her off and she's like URRGH MY PUSSY

whichever one that is is good

also the one where they go to Washington DC and poo poo all over it is great. I have no idea which episode it is but they talk about what a loving dump it is and all the fatass MAGA assholes who were there for the convention or whatever it was

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I enjoy this picture a lot more with the assumption that it does stand for gently caress This World.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
What should I get from Costco that isn't a pallet of mozz sticks or bucket of paletas

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Gorman Thomas posted:

What should I get from Costco that isn't a pallet of mozz sticks or bucket of paletas

800 mini bags of doritos

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Snak posted:

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Uber for Ubermensch was one of the first episodes I ever listened to and it was a very good time for my ears and brain. I think that's the one where Elizabeth Holmes "calls in" and one of them gets her off and she's like URRGH MY PUSSY

whichever one that is is good

also the one where they go to Washington DC and poo poo all over it is great. I have no idea which episode it is but they talk about what a loving dump it is and all the fatass MAGA assholes who were there for the convention or whatever it was

Also the first one with James Adomian and the ones immediately after the election.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Mecha Gojira posted:

It's funny how when Godzilla was localized, they felt the need to add an American authority character to give American audiences a character to cathect upon and suture to, and in Reptilicus, that's replicated by the Danish copper miner that discovers the monster becoming de-facto chauffeur and secretary of a square-jawed American general.

Also, Battle: Los Angeles is on the TV here. SMG was right, this is a very darkly funny movie.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Gorman Thomas posted:

Their big bags of "steak strips" beef jerky are very good and a great deal. Also, their food court berry sundaes rule.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Gorman Thomas posted:

- toilet paper
- that hash brown thing that has bacon and cheese and peppers in it
- coffee
- a giant bag of Chicago mix popcorn

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
My favorite Chapo is the Adam Curtis episode

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
The recent one with Jim Delaney was pretty good and good enough to jump into with.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Should I see a matinee of Your Name or Colossal? Your Name is more tempting because its on the bigger screen & both show like 0 tickets sold on the theater website so either way probably a mostly empty theater

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Gorman Thomas posted:

Beyond standard stuff i almost always get a giant bag of frozen fruit...its good to keep in the freezer & snack on (while still frozen obv, if u eat it when its room temp its just bad fruit)

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Anonymous Robot posted:

It's funny how when Godzilla was localized, they felt the need to add an American authority character to give American audiences a character to cathect upon and suture to, and in Reptilicus, that's replicated by the Danish copper miner that discovers the monster becoming de-facto chauffeur and secretary of a square-jawed American general.
I really liked it when they were drilling for samples, pulled up blood and meat, and asked the American driller, "As an American, you've drilled all over the world, what do you make of this?" Or something along those lines.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Snak posted:

I don't have an answer for that but if you become a grey wolf the first episode behind the paywall to listen to is the Reign Over Me one.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Hat Thoughts posted:

Should I see a matinee of Your Name or Colossal? Your Name is more tempting because its on the bigger screen & both show like 0 tickets sold on the theater website so either way probably a mostly empty theater

I haven't seen Your Name, but Colossal is dope if you're into an effective takedown of nice guys, and appreciate Anne Hathaway being a dork.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Hat Thoughts posted:

Your Name. For sure

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Glamorama26 posted:

Gen chat reminded me of how much I like Cursive and Saddle Creek in general via Lil Mama bringing up Desaparaecidos, thank you lil mama

I saw Cursive open for The Blood Brothers way back, and while beforehand i thought it was an odd pairing, it totally owned. I don't know if it's cause of who they were playing with that night, but they played super loud and aggressive and it totally changed the way I listened to their recordings from that point on.

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 29, 2017

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I saw Cursive open for The Blood Brothers way back, and while beforehand i thought it was an odd pairing, it totally owned.

That era/scene resulted in a lot of strange bills. I was reminded of this because I've been getting way back into Planes Mistaken for Stars, who never quite fit in with anybody.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I don't have an answer for that but if you become a grey wolf the first episode behind the paywall to listen to is the Reign Over Me one.

:downs::My fwrekin family was killed in da tohwas!

Edit: Costco trip ended up with tamales, like 3 cartons of milk, and a bundle of carrots.

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 29, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hat Thoughts posted:

I haven't heard of your name so see Colossal it's great.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

That era/scene resulted in a lot of strange bills. I was reminded of this because I've been getting way back into Planes Mistaken for Stars, who never quite fit in with anybody.

The strangest for me was my first "rock show", when i was 15 and saw Peaches open for Trail of Dead and QOTSA. Her struttin around in a strap-on and harrassing the audience transformed me into Butthead for the entire set where i was just wide-eyed like "this is the coolest thing i have ever seen."

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is there a convenient way to listen to Chapo Trap House in order? I was listening on soundcloud, but the podcasts are listed newest to oldest, while they autoplay down the list, so I keep manually selecting the next one, and when it's done it goes on to the one below it, the previous one. It's very silly.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Snak posted:

Is there a convenient way to listen to Chapo Trap House in order? I was listening on soundcloud, but the podcasts are listed newest to oldest, while they autoplay down the list, so I keep manually selecting the next one, and when it's done it goes on to the one below it, the previous one. It's very silly.

I use Pocket Casts

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I saw Cursive open for The Blood Brothers way back, and while beforehand i thought it was an odd pairing, it totally owned. I don't know if it's cause of who they were playing with that night, but they played super loud and aggressive and it totally changed the way I listened to their recordings from that point on.

That's a helluva Bill.

The time I saw Cursive live, Tim Kasher was so drunk, I assumed he would just die during The Recluse.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Snak posted:

The one from the day after the election, We Live in the Zone Now, the Reign over Me Grey Wolf episode, the two tabeltop grey wolf episodes

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gorman Thomas posted:

:downs::My fwrekin family was killed in da tohwas!

Edit: Costco trip ended up with tamales, like 3 cartons of milk, and a bundle of carrots.

Brutally owned by Mohammed Atta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Absolutely.

Slugworth posted:

I enjoy this picture a lot more with the assumption that it does stand for gently caress This World.

It does stand for gently caress The World, and that's the gently caress The World Title.

• Locked thread