Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ghost of Starman posted:

I think I poked my head in here like a year ago to ask how people liked this game - glad to see this is still going. For $7.50 I'm probably gonna pick this up on Steam but uh... what do you all think the over/under is on actually making it to release?

(Also has anybody written a "How to get Started" / "Known Issues to Watch Out For" post in the last 100 pages)

It'll make it to release. Whether it's a real release or a "gently caress it, this is now 1.0." release is the big question. At this point I'm leaning towards the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Eh, I don't really think this is the sort of game that gets released, where release means a halt or slowdown in development.

Games of this sort that do that die.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Sorus posted:

Eh, I don't really think this is the sort of game that gets released, where release means a halt or slowdown in development.

Games of this sort that do that die.

No-one really cares if the game is ever actually "released", which doesn't mean dev would need top stop, though it typically does. What people do want is a stable and optimized version of the game they can play for extended periods without some new poo poo breaking every update. I know they have "stable' and "dev" release streams (or whatever they call them, it's been a while) but even the stable version has been neither stable nor optimized. It's more stable than dev of course.

Last time I got back into the game I had to play dev stream to play multiplayer because the MP code was so utterly horrible in stable it was virtually unplayable due to constant rubber banding the entire time you played no matter what server you were on or what your ping was.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RandomBlue posted:

No-one really cares if the game is ever actually "released", which doesn't mean dev would need top stop, though it typically does. What people do want is a stable and optimized version of the game they can play for extended periods without some new poo poo breaking every update. I know they have "stable' and "dev" release streams (or whatever they call them, it's been a while) but even the stable version has been neither stable nor optimized. It's more stable than dev of course.

Last time I got back into the game I had to play dev stream to play multiplayer because the MP code was so utterly horrible in stable it was virtually unplayable due to constant rubber banding the entire time you played no matter what server you were on or what your ping was.

Basically this. I've always been rather clueless as it is trying to do stuff in this game, but the "I want to get used to it in vanilla" learning curve certainly isn't helped when core features keep breaking. Let alone stuff like multiplayer stability for those both more practiced and wanting more of a challenge, without worrying that using a loving welder crashes the server :v:

So while it's understandable it's still got a bit work in progress "Early Access" label on it with all the constant issues, only so much time can pass before you get the impression Developers no matter how hard working they are just use the label as a security blanket.

See also, developers who have taken the term "Road map" and run it into the ground by setting themselves dates and telling people to get hyped for updates, then kicking the date a month or year back once their self set deadline comes up and crying "Roadmaps are subject to change! Why are you picking on us?" (ala Subnautica) the nth time they wait less than 12 hours before their self set due date to edit their roadmap.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 26, 2017

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Goddaaaamn, the "campaign" is pretty drat impressive in terms of "here's some of the cool poo poo you can build with these pieces & tools!" (Also what the heck they seem to have some pretty impressive scripting for a freeform survival/building game.)

...disappointingly little actual engineering, though. And this version of this game doesn't seem to have anything by way of official "tutorials." Should I just dive in to a Survival Custom Game with, like... Star System start?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghost of Starman posted:

Goddaaaamn, the "campaign" is pretty drat impressive in terms of "here's some of the cool poo poo you can build with these pieces & tools!" (Also what the heck they seem to have some pretty impressive scripting for a freeform survival/building game.)

...disappointingly little actual engineering, though. And this version of this game doesn't seem to have anything by way of official "tutorials." Should I just dive in to a Survival Custom Game with, like... Star System start?

Uh... there's a full set of mechanic-explaining tutorial missions in-game now. They've been there for some time.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
There's a fairly basic paint-by-numbers engineering tutorial that's been around for a year or so, but it's not scripted (except for the literal C# scripts) and the only feedback provided is both the game and your ability to read signs. They should absolutely make a better game mechanics and building tutorial at some point.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
There's also the Escape from Mars scenario on the workshop though it's more for people who've played the game a long time. No refineries and limited mining as you play an engineer who crash lands on mars that's full of automatic drone convoys and abandoned museums.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Uh... there's a full set of mechanic-explaining tutorial missions in-game now. They've been there for some time.

:shrug:
All I see is F1 -> Tutorials button, which loads a tutorial video from 2015 into my Steam Overlay. Am I just not looking in the right place? Are you guys running a different version than the one they're giving away on sale? :confused:

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Ghost of Starman posted:

:shrug:
All I see is F1 -> Tutorials button, which loads a tutorial video from 2015 into my Steam Overlay. Am I just not looking in the right place? Are you guys running a different version than the one they're giving away on sale? :confused:

poo poo, you're right. They had a whole series of them, but I think they got rid of it. It was really rudimentary. A quick google search says you can still find them in your game files, though. Have fun figuring that out.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
:toot:
Weirdly, I'm kind of looking forward to piecing together the Survival mechanics from what I picked up in the campaign missions, and what I can find online. This guy seems to be pretty legit, for a start. And as long as nobody minds the occasional Stupid Newbie question here. :shobon:

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Leave it to Space Engineers to have a regression where tutorials go away. They weren't the best, but they did help.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr. Powers posted:

Leave it to Space Engineers to have a regression where tutorials go away. They weren't the best, but they did help.

loving genius, KSH.

quote:

Summary
Hello, Engineers! This week’s update is another minor release that contains crash fixes and smaller improvements as the team continues work towards the next major release. Good news - we managed to improve AMD compatibility and fix flickering shadows issues.
Just in case you missed the stream earlier this week, we discussed more about the performance optimizations currently being worked on. Here’s an example of one of the worlds being used as a benchmark to analyze sim speed.

It’s a simple scenario with 16 red ships and 16 simulated players which are all moving at a speed of 20m/s. This is running on a system with an i5 processor, 8GB of RAM and an GTX 750TI.
Without the optimizations, this scenario would run with a sim speed of around .5 and would take 33ms to update rigid bodies. After the optimizations were made, the exact same scenario was running at close to .9 sim speed and was only taking 8ms to update rigid bodies. This is just one of many performance optimizations being worked on.
We’re also working to make the 3rd person camera function better with creations that have subs-grids so there’s less snapping to 1st person when rotating the camera around the main grid.

Lastly, next Monday we will be streaming as usual at 7PM CEST on the Keen Community Network over on Twitch. During this stream, we will be speaking with Marek and Olga about GoodAI as well as the General AI Challenge, and discussing how these projects have been progressing over the last couple of months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILFve4izEw

Fixes
- improved AMD compatibility
- fixed flickering shadows
- fixed crash when pressing Games tab on server list
- fixed crash in MP when moving items around inventory
- fixed crashes connected to parallelization

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Those tutorials did actually explain just about every game mechanic in detail, though. Optimistically: They're going to replace it with something better like their fun mission sequence. That would be good. Or they're replacing it with the Youtube community.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Ghost of Starman posted:

:toot:
Weirdly, I'm kind of looking forward to piecing together the Survival mechanics from what I picked up in the campaign missions, and what I can find online. This guy seems to be pretty legit, for a start. And as long as nobody minds the occasional Stupid Newbie question here. :shobon:

I have to agree, that guy actually seems to do a pretty reasonable job of explaining the game. It helps that he fast forwards through the worst of it and his voice isn't horrible.

Though watching these has reminded me that maybe I should stop caring so much about how a ship looks when I build it and just go for the design goal of 'it functions, so it's perfect.'

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Some observations:

1.) Wolves (cyber-wolves?). These things seem less like robotic wildlife and more like furry poo poo-wrecking missiles. Or... not that they're dangerous, more like a continuous, annoying weather phenomenon that does a little bit of damage and eats up a few bullets, but HAVE to be dealt with or else (I assume!) they will slowly gnaw through my land-based blocks.
Like, seriously... just awful. I like everything else about Survival so far, but what do I need to do to solve The Wolf Problem?

2.) There isn't really a way to bootstrap your way up from just Spacesuit+hand drill? Maybe I'm coming in with some assumptions from previous 'builder' type games like this, but I seem to be shackled to Assemblers to make components I need to make... basically everything else? Am I missing something here?

3.) ... my need for bootstrapping strategies just became a whole lot more pressing because I plowed my starting Lander, loaded down with my first hour's worth of ore, directly into a planetary surface. :doh:
Yet somehow miraculously survived! I was flung clear of the wreckage, and set about salvaging the ruins of my lovely little nest egg from the crater field I'd just created. But, again, I am stranded in a SEA of WOLVES, and my ammunition outflow (~30-50 rds/wolfpack) currently vastly outstrips bullet production (+0 bullets/minute). :(

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
The solution is to turn of wolves.
Also yeah you need a refinery and assembler

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
It could be worse, when wolves were first implemented they were happy to glomp onto one of your blocks and fire off their self-destruct charges if they couldn't path to you. Allahu borkbar.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
I completely forgot wolves existed because I've turned them off for every single game I've played because they're just not fun or interesting.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Wolves suck but they tend to drop ready made components so if you do lose your assembler you can go hunting with a grinder and build a new one. Instead of regular enemies they'd make a much better random start to a scenario, waking up from a crash surrounded by snarling cybernetic beasts on an alien world. One of them chewing on your arm when your suit reboots, your grinder powers up and suddenly they're all afraid of the strange noises you're making.

Whatever happened to KSH's plans for different suit types for different jobs/environments? Weren't we supposed to get light weight pilot suits, medium engineers suits and heavy duty combat armour or something?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I wish I knew anything about coding because Space Engineers needs Space Bees that make hives in asteroids and eat metal. Or something.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ghost of Starman posted:

I've been holding off on the game until there's a campaign because it's nearly impossible for me to force myself to play a sandbox unless there's some objective to work toward. Is the campaign that got added meaty enough to pick the game up?

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Nope, the campaign is a shallow showcase of what can be done. I would assume modders have done campaigns with more depth though.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I've been holding off on the game until there's a campaign because it's nearly impossible for me to force myself to play a sandbox unless there's some objective to work toward. Is the campaign that got added meaty enough to pick the game up?

Yeah, it's very much a series of setpieces, with very little opportunity for player input and virtually none for player creativity. Go here, interact with this thing, shoot those things, look at all the cool gizmos we built. :sigh:

Edit: It doesn't even open out into a sandbox! It's a nice demonstration of the complexity that their scenario-builder can handle, presumably, but a piss-poor job of exploring the game's strengths as they stand. (It could've at least had a "you need to get from point A to point B, build whatever you like to get there" section...)

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 29, 2017

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Ghost of Starman posted:

Some observations:

1.) Wolves (cyber-wolves?). These things seem less like robotic wildlife and more like furry poo poo-wrecking missiles. Or... not that they're dangerous, more like a continuous, annoying weather phenomenon that does a little bit of damage and eats up a few bullets, but HAVE to be dealt with or else (I assume!) they will slowly gnaw through my land-based blocks.
Like, seriously... just awful. I like everything else about Survival so far, but what do I need to do to solve The Wolf Problem?

2.) There isn't really a way to bootstrap your way up from just Spacesuit+hand drill? Maybe I'm coming in with some assumptions from previous 'builder' type games like this, but I seem to be shackled to Assemblers to make components I need to make... basically everything else? Am I missing something here?

3.) ... my need for bootstrapping strategies just became a whole lot more pressing because I plowed my starting Lander, loaded down with my first hour's worth of ore, directly into a planetary surface. :doh:
Yet somehow miraculously survived! I was flung clear of the wreckage, and set about salvaging the ruins of my lovely little nest egg from the crater field I'd just created. But, again, I am stranded in a SEA of WOLVES, and my ammunition outflow (~30-50 rds/wolfpack) currently vastly outstrips bullet production (+0 bullets/minute). :(

Wolves are terrible. The devs just threw them in not knowing how to make them fun or engaging for gameplay. They're exactly like the meteorite storm attacks that have been in the game for forever; a terrible environmental hazard that can't be stopped. I wish they would expand on wolves and npc spawning and aggro mechanics. Right now they just really suck for gameplay. They USED to be "cyber" wolves, but one update they decided to make them regular wolves, but kept them dropping engineering components. Also, turrets constantly miss wolves due to them being lower to the ground and not standing up right. They fire just above their bodies.

Spiders on the alien planet/moon are even worse; they spawn directly under your base and are bigger and do more damage and never stop spawning. Wolves only spawn every 5 or 10 minutes or so, but not with spiders.

Wolves and spiders and npc baddies are a neat concept, but they completely botched it to hell and never looked back.

Also yeah there's no way to bootstrap from a space suit (other than relying on wolf drops I suppose). You need at least an assembler, a blast furnace, and some power block of some sort to get started.

RBA Starblade posted:

I know exactly what your talking about. This game lacks any sort of progression system in survival mode. No direction and nothing to really work towards as far as goals and rewards.

Which is why I recently made THIS: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911076611
It's a bunch of mostly hand-made and hand-placed pirate bases strewn about the solar system. I also included a dumb unlocking system (you pretend you don't have access to some blocks) if that's something your interested in. I plan on eventually/actually coding in the unlock system at some point, I just need to get in contact with a certain actual modder to hold my hand with it.

Basically, you start on earth with a dinky little base-house and a truck and you progress through all the various bases unlocking different things and such. Eventually you unlock hydrogen thrusters and can go into space, and unlock many other things on the moons and planets. All the bases sort of get harder as you progress. The last base is especially ridiculous, with tons of lasers and turrets and drone spawners for days.

The real thing that's really testing my patience in this game are the BUGS. Currently, turrets are targeting random blocks around my base and shooting at them all the time (I've checked ownership, checked what targets they should focus on, etc). They seem to give zero fucks about what I tell them to shoot at and randomly decide to kill whatever random block around my base looks at them funny. Also powering my base with solars and batteries are a huge pain. I can NEVER seem to have enough solar panels. No matter what I do, I still have energy loss and my base eventually goes dark. - Which means I'm stuck doing literally nothing, at night, waiting for sunlight to creep up so my solars can power my base and my batteries can still not be getting enough energy to save a charge. It's insane.

Seriously, how many large solars do I need to adequately power a small base/vehicle? 50? 500? Christ.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Depends on the size of your base and day/night cycle length. I just ran a single effectiveness refinery and dual assemblers with 26 panels, which might have been overkill. Just remember that productivity modules really increase the powerdrain, and it is often better to build multiple refineries and assemblers full of power modules if you are only interested in speeding up processing.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I know exactly what your talking about. This game lacks any sort of progression system in survival mode. No direction and nothing to really work towards as far as goals and rewards.

Which is why I recently made THIS: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911076611
It's a bunch of mostly hand-made and hand-placed pirate bases strewn about the solar system. I also included a dumb unlocking system (you pretend you don't have access to some blocks) if that's something your interested in. I plan on eventually/actually coding in the unlock system at some point, I just need to get in contact with a certain actual modder to hold my hand with it.

Basically, you start on earth with a dinky little base-house and a truck and you progress through all the various bases unlocking different things and such. Eventually you unlock hydrogen thrusters and can go into space, and unlock many other things on the moons and planets. All the bases sort of get harder as you progress. The last base is especially ridiculous, with tons of lasers and turrets and drone spawners for days.
I would definitely play a polished up version of this. I've been watching from the sidelines for years but the game never seemed to go in a direction i was interested in.

The last scenario i played was a "the Martian" thing which was honestly pretty terrible, it wanted you to mine poo poo (ice?) 2km away and make multiple trips with a slow rover. That was most of the gameplay and so after bumbling around for an hour i was done. It had a pretty cool mock up of the station, it was obvious they put a lot of time in then realized it was hard to make an actual scenario out of it.

There was also a "repair a damaged station" I tried which was even worse and required you breakdown some components to get parts for others, which was not suited well with me not having memorized all the combinations. It also did not interact well with the default mass / size limits of the game, again requiring long trips back and forth which seems to be the default padding trick of all lazy survival game devs.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm guessing this is asked ever few dozen pages or so but can anyone recommend a balanced mod that turns your gravel into stuff?

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Goon made as well, iirc.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=598415416

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I haven't played SE since not long after that last update, so I have no idea if it still works. If it doesn't, feel free to fix and re-release.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

This is a cool sounding mod that doesn't deserve it's latest comment to be "This feels OP. How about you change your Mod meant to stop a waste material from being useless ejection fodder, into creating a brand new custom Slag waste material meant to be useless ejection fodder! :downs:"

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
There's also a couple of mods that let you make concrete out of gravel, used in building concrete blocks - tougher and heavier than light armor, not nearly as steel-intensive as heavy. Great for building things like landing pads and buildings.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Section Z posted:

This is a cool sounding mod that doesn't deserve it's latest comment to be "This feels OP. How about you change your Mod meant to stop a waste material from being useless ejection fodder, into creating a brand new custom Slag waste material meant to be useless ejection fodder! :downs:"

I can't play planetary starts without it. It's definitely not OP as you have to mine a fair amount of stone then refine it to gravel then run it through the separator. I mean, if you're running a hundred of them and mining nothing but stone, sure it's OP. But if you use one or two to get yourself off of the planet it's fine.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I can't play planetary starts without it. It's definitely not OP as you have to mine a fair amount of stone then refine it to gravel then run it through the separator. I mean, if you're running a hundred of them and mining nothing but stone, sure it's OP. But if you use one or two to get yourself off of the planet it's fine.

Oh definitely, the joke was how there are always people who demand a pointless slog even when it means defeating the entire purpose of a mod in the first place :v:

I'm intending to use it (and look up that mentioned cement block mod, I want to start pretty close to vanilla) as this is reinstalled and it's a matter of working up to facing how much of a clueless idiot I am again. One thing in particular I've been unable to quite track down is something that simply makes air generators pump out oxygen for "free" so long as it has power, but still charge the usual rates for hydrogen. Since I just want to learn to ensure air tight ships, but not have to bother with ice upkeep except for fancy hydrogen stuff.

I get the feeling something that specific isn't a thing, so maybe later I'll try to decide what poorly labeled overhaul between all the "list mods = show planets too"

On that note, those tutorial videos earlier were very nice. And also highlighted just how much stuff you need in this game when "You ONLY need about 50,000 ice for a short trip to space!" is considered a light investment.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I'm just starting out and this game is pretty cool. :) A few questions though:
  • I got my rear end handed to me by hostiles right away on an easy earth start. Made a new world, same result. What gives?
  • I built a chill base on mars and just made it to space for the first time. How do I get all the way to other planets, wasn't there some autopilot/auto-travel in the campaign?
  • I can't put bullets in my gatling turrets. I tried setting up a conveyor to add ammo, still doesn't work.
  • Do orbital mechanics apply? Or rather: How do I put a station in space that doesn't constantly require fuel to stay in space?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Sanctum posted:

I'm just starting out and this game is pretty cool. :) A few questions though:
  • I got my rear end handed to me by hostiles right away on an easy earth start. Made a new world, same result. What gives?
  • I built a chill base on mars and just made it to space for the first time. How do I get all the way to other planets, wasn't there some autopilot/auto-travel in the campaign?
  • I can't put bullets in my gatling turrets. I tried setting up a conveyor to add ammo, still doesn't work.
  • Do orbital mechanics apply? Or rather: How do I put a station in space that doesn't constantly require fuel to stay in space?
  • Progression is kinda hosed now. Try starting without Spiders, Wolves, or Environmental Hostility enabled. Honestly, they're just crappy placeholders for stuff to shoot at and don't really contribute a lot to the gameplay. For a beginner, you want to learn the gather-refine-produce-assemble cycle, and learn how to build atmospheric and space craft.
  • There IS Autopilot if you have a Remote Control block on your craft--but it can only be tasked with flying from GPS coordinate to GPS coordinate. Useful for returning to base, less so for exploring new things. (caveat: there are scripts that can 'safely' avoid hitting asteroids and such if you point your ship out at random and let it fly overnight) There is no out-of-the-box "explore AI," though I'm sure there's something on the workshop that can make do if you are interested.
  • Make sure the Gatling Turret and the Conveyor attached to it have a power source. Even something as skimpy as as single Solar Panel can power a conveyor to transfer items.
  • Orbital mechanics do not apply, only planetary gravity. Once your ship makes it into space, it should be able to hold position so long as you've got a thruster pointed in each of the six directions, or if you "Convert to Station" out there. Grids which are ships are mobile; grids which are Stations are immobile.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

XkyRauh posted:

There is no out-of-the-box "explore AI," though I'm sure there's something on the workshop that can make do if you are interested.

If you want fun things to go exploring through, grab the Exploration Enhancement Mod.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
So I built a modified IMDC jump frigate in a survival server that has a decent pop, but I am unable to supply resources to it effectively.

The server host converts all large grids to stations before doing clean ups of freefloating blocks every down time, and if you have anything connected to the ship (such as a mining drone) when converting it back to a ship, it clangs like a motherfucker, to put it mildly, as soon as you attempt to disconnect the drone.

The large ship starts to turn and gyrate uncontrollably until you can manage to get it to jump somewhere via the jumpdrive. The interim period of waiting for the jump drive to charge somehow ALWAYS has the ship and drone collide to the vast detriment of both.

My nomady-pirate ways are curtailed until this converty/clangy/jumpy bug thing is resolved. I suppose i could just never dock the drone to it until it is fixed, but that makes moving it impossible, seeing as small ship landing gear don't work, thus leaving no way to move the drone through jumps.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

XkyRauh posted:

or Environmental Hostility enabled.

This is extremely bad advice. Wolves are at least a little interactive and provide some free components with regularly scheduled attacks. Spiders make having a base near impossible on spider planets. Wolves are barely ok for starting, and spiders are ok as long as you're just not starting out on a spider planet. Meteor showers are just bad.

------

Anyways, I have a question to ask you guys!
Right now I'm working on a progression system centered around unlocking blocks as you go. It'll still be open and sandboxy and you can do whatever you want at your own pace, but to unlock everything you got to do these "chalenges" and right pirate facilities and such. It's coded and everything!

How do you guys feel about the projector block being locked? With my unlocking system, you won't be able to see or use locked blocks in the g-menu, but this won't prevent locked blocks from appearing on blueprints with projectors. Do you guys think it would still be fine to have access to projectors? Or would this be too game breaking?

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 09:53 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ghost of Starman posted:

If you want a more freeform yet coherent, objective based experience to play through, this looks interesting, as well as probably rather difficult given how often he dies.

• Locked thread