Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Red Bones posted:

IX is going to be the conclusion of the 7-8-9 trilogy, so I figure Disney wants to make as big a deal out of it as possible by releasing it in the summer.

May 24th is also Memorial Day weekend. It's basically kicks off the summer season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I can't wait to see how they try to handle the Liea stuff in episode 8, they seemed to be banking on her being a fairly important character in the last movie. Did they ever say how much of her scenes they finished before Carrie's death?

Just CGI Fisher onto Max von Sydow's head and replay the beginning of Episode 7 at the beginning of Episode 9. It's like poetry.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They wanted 8 in May but it couldn't hit the release.

I think they've wanted all of them in May

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

FishBulb posted:

They wanted 8 in May but it couldn't hit the release.

I think they've wanted all of them in May

Yeah, everyone assumed TFA was going to be in May at first, but it clearly needed as much time as possible so they put it off as long as they could while keeping it in 2015. I believe Rogue One and Episode 8 were each originally May releases at first announcement and only later got pushed back. Even the Han Solo movie for next year was originally announced for May, then Disney went through a period of only saying 2018, before again committing to May.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/vigalondo/status/857725003441287168

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Honestly Nacho, a little dissapointing since I read that as "Spiritual sequel to Time Cop"

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
A TV spot and poster for Valerian:

https://twitter.com/lucbesson/status/857765750039207937

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Get hype for the 3 tiny break room aliens from Men in Black, and the gigantic Asgardian fire robot from Thor!

Also, a flying Roomba modeled after a bladed Predator disc!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gonz posted:

Get hype for the 3 tiny break room aliens from Men in Black, and the gigantic Asgardian fire robot from Thor!

Also, a flying Roomba modeled after a bladed Predator disc!

Don't forget that alien guy from Star Wars 7 in the upper right corner.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Weird seeing a poster with even modest design.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gonz posted:

Get hype for the 3 tiny break room aliens from Men in Black,

The Shingouz are from the comic and they're great, don't even start!

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Starts even earlier with A Horse and his Boy

They're pretty much out of of "politically correct" Narnia books to adapt. Except for the Silver Chair (which is funnily enough the least religious of the whole series) they have the one that's the Book of Genesis, the one where Aslan sends a ton of people to hell. and the one about a Muslim boy learning how awesome Jesus is.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MonsieurChoc posted:

The Shingouz are from the comic and they're great, don't even start!

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm totally going to see this opening weekend. I love Luc Besson's movies. I just feel like it might not do as well in this country as it will internationally.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

galagazombie posted:

and the one about a Muslim boy learning how awesome Jesus is.

Which I always found odd, since most Muslims would agree to that in the first place, as he is the last Prophet before Mohammed and thus pretty rad for them. Also, his mother Mary is basically the most revered and respected woman in the whole Quaran.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Don't forget that alien guy from Star Wars 7 in the upper right corner.

If you only knew how it ironic it is to accusing Valerian for plagiarizing Star Wars.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
That poster looks awful. It reminds me of the awful X-Men: First Class posters. I can't think of a poster where white background looks good, maybe someone can help me out?

edit: This one, I mean:

At least Xavier isn't made up of all the X-Men.

Grendels Dad fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 29, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Alhazred posted:

If you only knew how it ironic it is to accusing Valerian for plagiarizing Star Wars.

I was joking, of course. Though I don't doubt a lot of the general public is gonna be thinking it's gonna be a big Star Wars and Mass Effect ripoff.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Grendels Dad posted:

I can't think of a poster where white background looks good, maybe someone can help me out?

Scarface is halfway there.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Grendels Dad posted:

I can't think of a poster where white background looks good, maybe someone can help me out?

First one that comes to mind:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

AvP poster

Lol.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

galagazombie posted:

They're pretty much out of of "politically correct" Narnia books to adapt. Except for the Silver Chair (which is funnily enough the least religious of the whole series)...

The one where a vocal atheist lady turns out to be a giant demon snake?

(I tried re-reading Narnia in publication order once and had to quit when the subtext became the text.)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I looked up the BBC series on Youtube which I hadn't seen since elementary school in the 90s. We thought it was silly and cheap back then. I don't think you could even show it to kids today. I also learned that ITV had a series in 1967 that looks even worse.

Narnia doesn't feel particularly coherent at all when reslly look at it. Mostly it feels like Lewis just went and started bashing keys about whatever he was pissed about that day. The three books everyone reads at some point are fine but when you start to realize what he's getting at it all kind of falls apart.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Forrest Gump

Return to Horror High

Logan's Run

Saw

Full Metal Jacket

Vamp

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ynohtna posted:

First one that comes to mind:

Outside of the various "red-title-on-white-background" comedy movies of the 2000s, white background was pretty much firmly a later '60s to '70s movie poster trope...

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Rahonavis posted:

The one where a vocal atheist lady turns out to be a giant demon snake?

It's the book where the protagonists are only ever in danger because the female lead's sense of self-preservation causes her to not follow Aslan's commands fully enough.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 30, 2017

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Grab 'em by the Graboid

Universal 1440 posted:

Burt Gummer (Michael Gross) and his son Travis Welker (Jamie Kennedy) find themselves up to their ears in Graboids and rear end-Blasters when they head to Canada to investigate a series of deadly giant-worm attacks. Arriving at a remote research facility in the artic tundra, Burt begins to suspect that Graboids are secretly being weaponized, but before he can prove his theory, he is sidelined by Graboid venom. With just 48 hours to live, the only hope is to create an antidote from fresh venom — but to do that, someone will have to figure out how to milk a Graboid!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alehkhs posted:

Grab 'em by the Graboid

gently caress this. gently caress Jamie Kennedy. Sack of
poo poo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

If they replace Burt with his bastard son I'm done with series.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Weren't they supposed to be doing a new Tremors TV show? With Kevin Bacon involved?

Len posted:

If they replace Burt with his bastard son I'm done with series.

The 3 direct to video sequels were quaint, seeing as they had involved the writers from the original to carry on with the scripts. Tremors 5 didn't have them involved at all, and it was awful. It was as if they forgot they were supposed to be humorous (and no, adding Jamie Kennedy doesn't count as humor)

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Davros1 posted:

Weren't they supposed to be doing a new Tremors TV show? With Kevin Bacon involved?

Yeah. Last word about it was that it was going to be a 10-episode miniseries on Amazon and it looks like it'll possibly ignore the sequel (and prequel?) films and the first tv series. :shrug:

Michael Gross posted:

I think Kevin is going in a different directional, but a reunion would be grand!

Andrew Miller posted:

The Kevin Bacon character is now 25 years older, a horrible loser in this town that had a brief moment of glory in the 80s or 90s and is now worse off than it was before. The town is coming face to face with failure. It’s also a Donald Trump story in that it’s the notion of nostalgia as a drug that’s killing us and looking back on a time – the longer you look at that time in the mirror without accepting reality, these monsters start to grow beneath the surface. In this case it’s these worms that are literally growing beneath the surface. People are trying to get over these traumas and both empower themselves and put themselves in great danger. I think we’re not processing trauma as healthily right now as we could be. I find myself not processing trauma as well as I ought to be and feel like I’m the star of my own horror movie sometimes.

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 29, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That actually sounds interesting.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Alehkhs posted:

Grab 'em by the Graboid

I'm honestly surprised they're only up to number 6.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Young Freud posted:

Outside of the various "red-title-on-white-background" comedy movies of the 2000s, white background was pretty much firmly a later '60s to '70s movie poster trope...

The Dirty Dozen poster is one of my favorites. If that won't get your rear end in a seat, what will?

I also love that cartoon style.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iwE57nUG80

Also a full music video of Ways to be Wicked because you want to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX6g_cm2rM4

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speaking of Disney and pirates, this is probably better than any trailer for the new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwauqxGbgQ0

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like to imagine he did that to pay off his incredible debt.

Like now he's part of the ride, forever.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

CelticPredator posted:

My dream is that Depp and Nicolas Cage will one day open an exhibit showcasing all the dumb poo poo they did to put them in such silly financial situations.

It could even have a small section devoted to Wesley Snipes and his taxes (or the lack thereof).

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Depp probably would like that. He's dressed up as Sparrow for non-Disney stuff too before this.

He's also starring in a movie made by a 16-year-old cancer patient, along side JK Simmons, Laura Dern, and David Lynch, directed by Sam Raimi, Catherine Hardwicke, and Ted Melfi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Johnny Depp beat his wife.

• Locked thread