Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

maskenfreiheit posted:

and denying you're a racist is like, the #1 sign you're a racist.................

Actually it's the #1 sign you're talking to an idiot who uses the word "Racist" in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
It's not wrong to get paid (even though he and Michelle already got several million for their book deal) but it sure looks lovely that he's taking money from Wall Street and cavorting with the mega rich on private islands.

Frankly it's a good unveiling of the democratic party's true behavior.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 29, 2017

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Kiryen posted:

So... 9 years later he takes money for speeches. Yeah I'm sure in 2009 and 2010 he had it all planned out to get $400,000k for some speeches, rather than the inevitable book deal which is for 150 times more money. Sounds exactly like his thought process.

Here's the thing about flinging "unethcial" at trivialities - you trivialize it when it really appears. Trust me, I would LOVE to see public dirt on Obama, but this just doesn't measure up.

obama is being touted by the media as the leader of what is left of the democrat party, and if you can't see the irony in it being a paid speech by the banks then i'm not sure what to tell you

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Bernie would've won

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Obama can lend his celebrity and insight to any hundreds of progressive groups that would benefit substantially from having him stop by, groups that don't operate in direct conflict with his stated platform...

It's not so baffling though when you realize he too has a public and a private position on issues.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Krustic posted:

Obama literally has more white ancestry than I do. Looks like you're the racist. I hope you're proud of your racism (actually I don't hope that, you should be ashamed!)

every day i wake up and thank goodness that my working class polish and italian ancestors faced absolutely zero discrimination when they came to the shining beacon of freedom that was 1920s america.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Mnoba posted:

obama is being touted by the media as the leader of what is left of the democrat party, and if you can't see the irony in it being a paid speech by the banks then i'm not sure what to tell you

But he is giving a speech! Surely it's not legalized bribery payments for implementing policies in wall street and banks favor for so many years. Do you think wall street and foreign governments would give Hillary money in exchange for government influence through her charity too? They did it because they want to help Hillary help others. I have no idea why they stopped giving her money after she lost. Probably cause of Trump.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

maskenfreiheit posted:

every day i wake up and thank goodness that my working class polish and italian ancestors faced absolutely zero discrimination when they came to the shining beacon of freedom that was 1920s america.

I struggle to understand why my Irish ancestors left their idyllic homeland but then I remember that they came here because it was even better and they didn't even have to get pressed into service during the Civil War to earn their citizenship as soon as they got off the boat

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Who's ready for another game of Who Had It Worse?

In this corner we have the Blacks. Enslaved by the white man and routinely killed by cops, they nevertheless have managed to carve out a place in society and are responsible for pretty much everything good about music in the last few h needs years.

The opponent? The Polish-Italians! An ethnic double-whammy, both the polish and Italians faced discrimination early on in their American experience, though not literally bought and sold as a possession. Ultimately, they were both able to become white-losing their culture into the generic mishmash of white culture in America-the only vestiges of their former glory as a chef on a can of low level pasta, an Italian plumber of Japanese origin, the mystery of gabbagool, and season 2 of the Wire.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Pitch that as a Netflix game show hosted by Dave Chappell and I think you got yourself a blockbuster. Every week it can alternate with the Racial Draft.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The polish-italians would be unable to figure how to screw in the light bulb and would yell off the balcony after this happened.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm polish, black, chinese, and poor and I'm pissed Hillary lost!!!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Great Caesar's Ghost! This thread is 66 pages now. That's like all of tgrs combined.

Also

VikingSkull posted:

Bernie would've won
Can't be quoted enough.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Here are my political views:

Hillary Clinton getting owned, Good!

Hillary Clinton getting owned in such a way that Ben Carson is in charge of my Section 8, Bad!

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
i'l prolly get banned again by tropo but i don't think a woman should be president, or really involved in politics on the whole.

but if hillary was a man she'd still be a piece of poo poo.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

bonerjam posted:

i'l prolly get banned again by tropo but i don't think a woman should be president, or really involved in politics on the whole.

I find that sometimes when I play as Deidre in Alpha Centauri I have to have crowds nerve stapled more often because they seem to think a woman is just inherently weak. Then I militarize my economy and wage a stupid war against someone who can't fight back and doesn't have anything I need so my trade partners don't think I'm a has-been.

Basically I rp as Hillary.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

phasmid posted:

I find that sometimes when I play as Deidre in Alpha Centauri I have to have crowds nerve stapled more often because they seem to think a woman is just inherently weak. Then I militarize my economy and wage a stupid war against someone who can't fight back and doesn't have anything I need so my trade partners don't think I'm a has-been.

Basically I rp as Hillary.

Sounds like you get A LOT of pussy, my dude

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

bonerjam posted:

Before you get banned, could you explain why you think women shouldn't be in politics?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Buschmaki posted:

Here are my political views:

Hillary Clinton getting owned, Good!

Hillary Clinton getting owned in such a way that Ben Carson is in charge of my Section 8, Bad!

it had to happen this way, because if generic Republican man #1 had won the DNC would have just stepped back and said "well this happens, status quo, Hillary 2020"

they needed a shattering loss to have any chance to reform

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Buschmaki posted:

Sounds like you get A LOT of pussy, my dude

I just try to gain insight through video games. Is that why I can't get a second date? :(

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

bonerjam posted:

Why?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Not their turn yet, I guess.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

bonerjam posted:

I agree, but this also applies to men. Eat the rich.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
they are incapable of acting rationally and i don't like the idea of a woman telling me what to do.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

bonerjam posted:

they are incapable of acting rationally and i don't like the idea of a woman telling me what to do.

Mods instead of banning this guy just train him to the Femdom thread, tia.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Or order him to post in it every day. But the order has to come from Tropo.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

bonerjam posted:

Funny, that's how I feel about aristocracy.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It's refreshing to see someone being honest in a thread about Hillary.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

bonerjam posted:

You're definitely a woman by this definition

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

fruit on the bottom posted:

That explains the voter turnout.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

Well women do hate eachother...

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
gender is a social construct

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kiryen posted:

So... 9 years later he takes money for speeches. Yeah I'm sure in 2009 and 2010 he had it all planned out to get $400,000k for some speeches, rather than the inevitable book deal which is for 150 times more money. Sounds exactly like his thought process.

Here's the thing about flinging "unethcial" at trivialities - you trivialize it when it really appears. Trust me, I would LOVE to see public dirt on Obama, but this just doesn't measure up.

uh yeah of course that was his plan thats how washington corruption works. everyone knows that Obama

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

Creamed Cormp posted:

If I had known that in 2017 the democrats would have turned into a Cult of The Most Enlightened Female Cosmic Saint-Buddha (pbuh), I would have started stockpiling ammo much earlier.

edit : I guess now we can add "Heaven's Gate" to the list of organizations that can do self-criticism better than the Democrats.

More like Comic-Sans Buddha

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

VikingSkull posted:

lol compared unironically to Nixon

Nixon was a good president! it was a different time!

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mnoba posted:

Well you see Obama was the best president we've ever had, so something so minor as that really doesn't compare to the massive Change he achieved

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

nigga crab pollock posted:

Well you see Obama was the best president we've ever had, so something so minor as that really doesn't compare to the massive Change he achieved

*Nods approvingly out of fear of being called a racist.*

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Kiryen posted:

Read this, it's thoughtful, unlike you

https://medium.com/@matthewstoller/obama-the-hamiltonian-2a301d5c19ee

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

good read :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

It is indeed thoughtful. Idiots have a lot of thoughts.

• Locked thread