Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

free basket of chips posted:

Oh rad I didn't know we had a new hellthread

Dapper_Swindler needs to learn to let it go like the rest of us, and stop bringing up in every thread that even slightly references it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tokamak posted:

Dapper_Swindler needs to learn to let it go like the rest of us, and stop bringing up in every thread that even slightly references it.

hey it wasnt me for once. that was some other person who brought wu up.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/Roran_Stehl/status/857411552881901570

The ACLU loving owns.

Also Bob got owned so bad he deleted the tweet.

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/857410511947808768

e: Holy hell. He needs to seek help

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/857422938030714880

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 03:46 on Apr 27, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah aclu kicks rear end. Also on the bob quote. What the gently caress is wrong with this dude.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!
Soiled Meat
Who is this movie bob and why do people including the god drat aclu care about somebody called the movie bob

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I thinl he wrote some book on how super mario bros 3 changed his life or some poo poo

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
If I was on twitter and the woke rear end Rantmaster General Movie Bob came rolling up in his disability scooter I would poo poo my britches. He's got two middle fingers in his account picture!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
How dare an organization called the "American Civil Liberties Union" actually defend civil liberties rather than act as yet another lovely partisan Dem outfit for their awful ideas.

https://twitter.com/ezlusztig/status/857361441220952065

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

Who is this movie bob and why do people including the god drat aclu care about somebody called the movie bob

A better name for him would be movie blob

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

jimmy roasting obama hard over his 400k wall st speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yJO5xCEDmk

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

while we're on the subject of speaking fees, here's a craven internet columnist's bad opinion about them
https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/857305946988654594

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

HENRY Offenses:
  • boot licking
  • poor-shaming
  • tweeting
Punishment: Guillotine

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

while we're on the subject of speaking fees, here's a craven internet columnist's bad opinion about them
https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/857305946988654594

Is she... is she implying Hillary and Obama have money worries? And that their critics haven't?

I'm confused on this one.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Soiled Meat
Yes. Money worries as in "where will i put all this money". Distinct from no money worries.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

the only angry video game arguments i wanna see in this thread is over which snes rpg was the best (it's earthbound btw)

You misspelled "secret of evermore" which owns because it is horribly broken

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dean of Swing posted:

Is Tezzor still around? Its not a hellthread without Tezzor.

Tezzor tried to take on SMG about star wars and went mad

Unrelated but isnt your name from an MST3K episode

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Imagine being this sadbrained

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Archer666 posted:

I'm a bit weirded out seeing guys like him and Bill Nye advocating for stuff like eugenics, etc as of late. It's really surreal. The Bill Nye segment I saw recently came across like a "GTA PUBLIC RADIO" parody come to life. It was that bizarre.

We should be alarmed at the rise of the alt right. But there's an element of the "woke" left that could prove to also be kinda dangerous in some ways.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Unrelated but isnt your name from an MST3K episode

"So the best boy they could find was Fuzzy skinner?"

Yes. :)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Archer666 posted:

after the latest moviebob update i was thinking to myself, "maybe he should stick to movie critiques." be careful what you wish for

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm a bit weirded out seeing guys like him and Bill Nye advocating for stuff like eugenics, etc as of late. It's really surreal. The Bill Nye segment I saw recently came across like a "GTA PUBLIC RADIO" parody come to life. It was that bizarre.

We should be alarmed at the rise of the alt right. But there's an element of the "woke" left that could prove to also be kinda dangerous in some ways.
at worst, it feels like charges of "cultural appropriation" have a volkish aspect of purity to them, as if every culture in the world doesn't borrow from others to a large degree. usually, though, they're ridiculously misguided. see: that whole fiasco at the University of Ottawa regarding free yoga classes to students with disabilities (yoga is so widespread because its teachers wanted it that way), students at Oberlin crying about the appropriation of general tso's chicken and bahn mi sandwiches

btw where is this segment about Bill Nye preaching eugenics? i'd check Netflix but i ain't watching that crap

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

after the latest moviebob update i was thinking to myself, "maybe he should stick to movie critiques." be careful what you wish for

at worst, it feels like charges of "cultural appropriation" have a volkish aspect of purity to them, as if every culture in the world doesn't borrow from others to a large degree. usually, though, they're ridiculously misguided. see: that whole fiasco at the University of Ottawa regarding free yoga classes to students with disabilities (yoga is so widespread because its teachers wanted it that way), students at Oberlin crying about the appropriation of general tso's chicken and bahn mi sandwiches

btw where is this segment about Bill Nye preaching eugenics? i'd check Netflix but i ain't watching that crap

I'm probably exaggerating it....but what he's discussing is a bit alarming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHmtn6gAioQ

Yeah it just feels like there's a bit of a segregationist streak that resides within a lot of the woke left, but I could be misreading that. It's just such an unbelievably dumb fad at the moment and one that really needs to die off. It'll be exciting when a good portion of these upper class dipshits find better things to do with their time and leave civil rights to people who actually know what the gently caress they're talking about.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the "don't cross the cultures ever" kind of woke leftists are far less commonplace than the ones who don't know what the hell they're doing, but it still frightens me seeing them spew their nonsense

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

the "don't cross the cultures ever" kind of woke leftists are far less commonplace than the ones who don't know what the hell they're doing, but it still frightens me seeing them spew their nonsense

The scary part is that its common enough that there is a subforum of segregationists on this board.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Archer666 posted:

Lol bob genuinely thinks he is this elite intellectual critic technocrat. The wokes and the technocrats would throw him under the bus so fast, he isn't even on there radar, he is like the lowest tier useful idiot. If he weren't such a sophist rear end in a top hat, I'd genuinely feel bad for him.

FuzzySkinner posted:

I'm probably exaggerating it....but what he's discussing is a bit alarming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHmtn6gAioQ

Yeah it just feels like there's a bit of a segregationist streak that resides within a lot of the woke left, but I could be misreading that. It's just such an unbelievably dumb fad at the moment and one that really needs to die off. It'll be exciting when a good portion of these upper class dipshits find better things to do with their time and leave civil rights to people who actually know what the gently caress they're talking about.

Yeah, there definitely seems to be a weird volkish segregationist push in a a decent amount of the woke communities. Even from the ok ones.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Lol bob genuinely thinks he is this elite intellectual critic technocrat. The wokes and the technocrats would throw him under the bus so fast, he isn't even on there radar, he is like the lowest tier useful idiot. If he weren't such a sophist rear end in a top hat, I'd genuinely feel bad for him.

Yeah, there definitely seems to be a weird volkish segregationist push in a a decent amount of the woke communities. Even from the ok ones.

I was listening to a chapo trap house where they had one of the cumtown boys on, and he was talking about meeting a "woke". They talked about how quick they are to stomp on anyone that even makes the most minor of slip up. (I think he made reference to not being a "bad guy" and the woman within the Lyft pounced on him for it). The Chapo crew just said it was best to not even bother with these people because they're not worth the time. They have no interest in showing any sort of empathy, patience or anything of that note o someone who doesn't belong in their intellectual and economic bubble.

Bob just seems to be the sort of person that would easily be thrown under the bus over such a thing, but doesn't have any sort of "good will" built up with people who think logically about things. Like...I follow other reviewers similar to him that share similar POV's. The difference is? Those people seem to have garnered good will even with people they disagree with.

I really don't get the guy. He's not in the upperclass, not an intellectual thinker (where's his degree from?), so why is he running with this group? The only conclusion I can come up with was the fact he got picked on by "jocks" and "lower class" bullies in High School. As a result? He must still carry that anger that a lot of normal people have gotten over years a go.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

I was listening to a chapo trap house where they had one of the cumtown boys on, and he was talking about meeting a "woke". They talked about how quick they are to stomp on anyone that even makes the most minor of slip up. (I think he made reference to not being a "bad guy" and the woman within the Lyft pounced on him for it). The Chapo crew just said it was best to not even bother with these people because they're not worth the time. They have no interest in showing any sort of empathy, patience or anything of that note o someone who doesn't belong in their intellectual and economic bubble.

Bob just seems to be the sort of person that would easily be thrown under the bus over such a thing, but doesn't have any sort of "good will" built up with people who think logically about things. Like...I follow other reviewers similar to him that share similar POV's. The difference is? Those people seem to have garnered good will even with people they disagree with.

I really don't get the guy. He's not in the upperclass, not an intellectual thinker (where's his degree from?), so why is he running with this group? The only conclusion I can come up with was the fact he got picked on by "jocks" and "lower class" bullies in High School. As a result? He must still carry that anger that a lot of normal people have gotten over years a go.

i think its because Bob is lonely as gently caress and wants to be respected as a super smart person. his brain broke when ebert says games wernt art and he blames jocks and FPS games for holding gaming back or some poo poo and if gaming is "held back" then so will he as a genuis critic who legit thinks halo is racist. and yeah he has gently caress ton of "repressed rage" going on, he honestly sounds more like an objectivist dickhead in high school then some liberal.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 19:18 on Apr 29, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

moviebob's political beliefs and pop culture analyses come off as really insincere, as do most culture critics who have a political ax to grind. but you don't have to be a dyed-in-the-wool believer in order to get attention and clicks

Byolante posted:

The scary part is that its common enough that there is a subforum of segregationists on this board.
i occasionally click on TGRS by accident when i want to go to this subforum and i feel dirty every time. they should segregate (lol see what i did there) that forum and the star citizen forum to a new Retarded Forums for Assholes. koalas march is like a buzzfeed editor with moderator power, and she's the pettiest person ever to hold a position of power on this dead gay forum

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

moviebob's political beliefs and pop culture analyses come off as really insincere, as do most culture critics who have a political ax to grind. but you don't have to be a dyed-in-the-wool believer in order to get attention and clicks

i am mixed on that. i think their are decent amount who play the woke culture critic drum because they think it will make them look smart or progressive and maybe women and money. others like bob are in between, i think he believes his poo poo to an extent and probaly does think he is the smartest person in the room, but i think he is doing it partially for various selfish reasons and climb the ladder. then their are people like jon machintosh and chu who 100% believe their stuff and in the cause.

on TGRS, their are some OK threads there. i just dont touch anything super toxic looking. like the D&D youtube critic thread is pretty decent overall.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think its because Bob is lonely as gently caress and wants to be respected as a super smart person. his brain broke when ebert says games wernt art and he blames jocks and FPS games for holding gaming back or some poo poo and if gaming is "held back" then so will he as a genuis critic who legit thinks halo is racist. and yeah he has gently caress ton of "repressed rage" going on, he honestly sounds more like an objectivist dickhead in high school then some liberal.

I've been trying to figure out if he's an Ayn Rand fanboi or not. I've been unable to confirm such a thing.

https://twitter.com/jimmy_dore/status/858356401780908032

I really think Oliver, Noah, and Bee are realy failing as comedians, political commentators right now.

This is disgusting.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

I've been trying to figure out if he's an Ayn Rand fanboi or not. I've been unable to confirm such a thing.

I really think Oliver, Noah, and Bee are realy failing as comedians, political commentators right now.

This is disgusting.

he might be. he definitely never left high school political or intellectually.

I am ok with oliver because some of his stuff is funny or interesting and he sorta gets it. noah gets alot of poo poo from wokes because he makes crass "mean" jokes apparently. and bee is loving terrible.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Soiled Meat
lol if you ever thought you would find political allies on tv

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

i occasionally click on TGRS by accident when i want to go to this subforum and i feel dirty every time. they should segregate (lol see what i did there) that forum and the star citizen forum to a new Retarded Forums for Assholes. koalas march is like a buzzfeed editor with moderator power, and she's the pettiest person ever to hold a position of power on this dead gay forum

may i point you to the mod that made everyone put dogs in their posts

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

This is disgusting.
there's no effort put into last week tonight, which is a shame because it started off quite well in that regard. also john oliver doesn't try to be funny as much as he tries to stoke outrage and get shared on social media. he's taking the latter-day jon stewart route

i don't know much about trevor noah or sam bee, but they probably share the same problem

GoutPatrol posted:

may i point you to the mod that made everyone put dogs in their posts
no that's a good thing, d&d sucks and dogs make everything better

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

there's no effort put into last week tonight, which is a shame because it started off quite well in that regard. also john oliver doesn't try to be funny as much as he tries to stoke outrage and get shared on social media. he's taking the latter-day jon stewart route

i don't know much about trevor noah or sam bee, but they probably share the same problem

no that's a good thing, d&d sucks and dogs make everything better

Sam Bee crafted Bernie Sanders into a person that abuses and beats women.

They're just really boring and unfunny now. Same with SNL. With Oliver? I mean his content used to be good, but the thing is you can get the same content from "Frontline". (Which is awesome).

steinrokkan posted:

lol if you ever thought you would find political allies on tv

Yeah this election kinda showed their true colors in a lot of ways.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
im sure Oliver is your typical tv neolib but his show does avoid any dem cheerleading, bee is basically peter daou given a comedy show

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/i/live/850430976572260352

Speaking of bee? Check it out. The woke left huffing their own farts.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oliver is, at least, somewhat better than everyone else because he bought medical debt and forgave it which is pretty loving cool.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

free basket of chips posted:

Oliver is, at least, somewhat better than everyone else because he bought medical debt and forgave it which is pretty loving cool.

Yeah. I mean I was a fan of his pre-trump shows.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/858474748040232960

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Why are neolibs now lionizing dubya btw?

Came across that TBS show, and they were applauding Will Ferrel's character going "MISSED ME YET"?

e: Woke.WMV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV4LDXg0Q4E

FuzzySkinner has issued a correction as of 06:45 on Apr 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FuzzySkinner posted:

Why are neolibs now lionizing dubya btw?

Because liberals have a fetish for a "reasonable Republican" caricature that they can do the Hamilton with, even if it means showering a loving war criminal responsible for the death and misery of millions with love and adoration.

Guillotine them all, at this point. The primordial ooze is a threat to the world's safety.

• Locked thread