Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

EponymousMrYar posted:

I haven't even gotten a haircut for my dude. Every time I look over the new hair options it's just like "... nah, somethings off."

So I have like, 2 free fantasias and 3 jaundeline tokens sitting in my retainer.

The biggest change to my steadfast appearance has been incorporating Shaded Spectacles into the majority of my glamours.

I pretty much switch out between reading glasses and the shaded spectacles with the occasional minstril spectacles thrown in for good measure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've never used a fantasia and have only gotten haircuts 3 times.

I've never done a glamour, get on my level of Ascetism.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've never used a fantasia and have only gotten haircuts 3 times.

Hell yeah.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i was too lazy to actually glamour my gear so I did most of the hw story using ilvl 100 pvp gear because it looked cool

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have foregone weapons and armor entirely and live a sedate life as an unmoving monk in a quiet corner of Ul'dah.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I have foregone weapons and armor entirely and live a sedate life as an unmoving monk in a quiet corner of Ul'dah.

balmung poster spotted

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If your warrior isn't glamoured as either a maid or an idol I don't know what to say

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

My heart went out to poor Table Cloth the day /playdead was released, but the male Lalafel emote would make a really lovely tablecloth, so his gimmick is safe.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Please don't doxx me.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

My heart went out to poor Table Cloth the day /playdead was released, but the male Lalafel emote would make a really lovely tablecloth, so his gimmick is safe.

How did he die in that spot, anyway?

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

vOv posted:

Get poisoned in an instance, leave instance, die due to poison because leaving instances doesn't remove status effects.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

vOv posted:

Level 1 job and a poison potion?

That's how we did it in XI, anyway.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can't help it I got it right on the first try. The 3rd haircut was to go back to my original hair.

I once fantasia'd into a mooncatte, then immediately regretted it and converted back. Otherwise, this is me.

I'm surprised I've been rocking a haircut other than my original for as long as I have been though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

cheetah7071 posted:

If your warrior isn't glamoured as either a maid or an idol I don't know what to say

Say, "Good on you for not being boring."

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

It's alright, he's just a folded table cloth now.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Finally got Warrior to 60, was hoping to get Mentor before Stormblood only to find out I still need to do 220 dungeons, drat it!

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Demicol posted:

Finally got Warrior to 60, was hoping to get Mentor before Stormblood only to find out I still need to do 220 dungeons, drat it!

If it's really important to you, you could just unsync Sashtasha over and over again.

Creeping Chaos
Nov 15, 2012

Demicol posted:

Unsynced story Ifrit is like 15-16 seconds/run, and counts for it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Creeping Chaos posted:

Unsynced story Ifrit is like 15-16 seconds/run, and counts for it.

Haha really? I thought dungeons would have to be, well, dungeons.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Haha really? I thought dungeons would have to be, well, dungeons.

Any "instanced duty" counts.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I have never had a haircut before but as a MNK main and as someone who plans to do whatever it takes to get that cloud mount when it comes out in the UK, I'm going to get my hair as super saiyan as possible and go Full Goku.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I change my hair practically every time I change my glamour, which is like... twice a week. The hair needs to match, dammit!

I'm leaning very strongly towards fantasiaing to a roegdame for Stormblood. Just looking at the selection of hairstyles has me swayed.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I change my hair practically every time I change my glamour, which is like... twice a week. The hair needs to match, dammit!

I'm leaning very strongly towards fantasiaing to a roegdame for Stormblood. Just looking at the selection of hairstyles has me swayed.

I keep being tempted by the roegdame styles but I don't want to give up my catgirl animations.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
This benchmark download is going waaaaaaaaaaay too loving slow.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I like that the Dev Blog entry for the benchmark is titled "Oh hi, Benchmark."

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Leofish posted:

That's excellent.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

A Spider Covets posted:

That's excellent.

In general, the localization team does a pretty excellent job of both playing all the gobbledy-gook flower-prose of the game totally straight while being pretty hilarious with their sense of humor when they toss it into quest names and other nooks and crannies.

edit: this is my favorite blog.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Leofish posted:

If that was a reference I missed it by a mile.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Klades posted:

If that was a reference I missed it by a mile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-IvV8thrO4

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

i like that this clip is in 4k

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Having to gather 99 blue scrip tokens multiple times to be able to gather my own mats for ironworks gear is testicles. That is all.

Yes I know about diadem. Its still testicles. Its deciding I'd rather get kicked in the cock by spiked boots rather then cement shoes.

Leal fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 30, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
am i reading this warrior bis correctly that the only shire leftside gear you want is the circlet?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

am i reading this warrior bis correctly that the only shire leftside gear you want is the circlet?

i270 tank gear is pretty universally awful so who cares just wear whatever.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rainuwastaken posted:

Alright, looks like I have a date night with Odin this weekend.

The claws are Lalafell meat hooks old tomestone claws that you can get now with hunt seals, I think? I still had mine lying around on a retainer. I went with them largely because they match nicely when dyed and I didn't feel like looking for other gear. The Patas from The Vault also work if you want to be an armored monk dual wielding punchswords.

The helm is from the Immortal Flames, so you'll either need to use the odin helm or something else if you didn't join the best GC.

e: Kinda want that Dreadwyrm(?) Katana.

e2:

Just under 11k at 1440p with max settings is acceptable.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 30, 2017

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Getting hype, gonna cap Poetics before the expansion so I can hit the ground running.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: Kinda want that Dreadwyrm(?) Katana.

Definitely not Dreadwyrm, they've said that RDM/SAM aren't getting Coil weapons. (They are getting primal and Alex weapons, though.)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Saigyouji posted:

Definitely not Dreadwyrm, they've said that RDM/SAM aren't getting Coil weapons. (They are getting primal and Alex weapons, though.)

People are thinking alex or Nidhogg for it

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's something I compiled for crafters/people wanting to gear up. Prices are relatively up-to-date so it should give you an idea what to expect.

Warrior
Dark Knight
Paladin

Dragoon
Monk
Ninja
Machinist
Bard
Black Mage
Summoner

White Mage
Astrologian
Scholar

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Yep - that maxes crit instead of poo poo stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Shire tank gear is a vast wasteland of Accuracy and Parry.

• Locked thread