Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Sent a champions request, IGN Gutsman.

Also striker Seth Rollins 4 lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://mobile.twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/857484403890573312

It's scheduled for a July early access launch

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 29, 2017

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Should I bother powering up my Juggernaut Reigns (who doesn't seem to be very good) or just concentrate on the Luke Harper I just pulled?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I just want to get my NXT Rollins up to two-star silver so I have one of every class at that level. I know I'm gonna end up just buying cash to get the meteorite tokens to evolve him :smith:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Julio Cruz posted:

Should I bother powering up my Juggernaut Reigns (who doesn't seem to be very good) or just concentrate on the Luke Harper I just pulled?

all reigns except shield reigns are garbo, just like real life

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

MotU posted:

all reigns except shield reigns are garbo, just like real life

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Does the gum actually exist in the game because it's the one thing I've never gotten to drop

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

The past three token chests I've opened have had Big Show in there, despite me already having him. If the next one I open has Show, I'm done with this game.

My last token chest had a loving Miz poster in it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Does the gum actually exist in the game because it's the one thing I've never gotten to drop

It does exist, but I've never seen it as a regular drop. Only time I ever got one was from buying a token bag with stockpiled cash.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What's the deal with Sunday Night Heat being locked in Champions? This happening to anyone else?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's the deal with Sunday Night Heat being locked in Champions? This happening to anyone else?

Scopely said there was a problem with it, so they locked it instead of releasing it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Liar Lyre posted:

Scopely said there was a problem with it, so they locked it instead of releasing it.

Ah, thanks.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
800 chips, 20 health packs and 800 cash is a pretty nice surprise...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's still no 2K news, right?

This feels like the longest it's been without some sort of news or tease

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

There's still no 2K news, right?

This feels like the longest it's been without some sort of news or tease

E3 will be the first announcement where they reveal that yes shockingly John Cena and The Rock are in the game.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hosed up if they make the Roman Empire wait till July to hear that Reigns is in the game

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I need a new Powerhouse. Roman is bad. Titus is bad. I used my cash and chips and only got Big Show.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Liar Lyre posted:

I need a new Powerhouse. Roman is bad. Titus is bad. I used my cash and chips and only got Big Show.

I feel like powerhouse characters are not well-balanced relative to the amount of damage they do and how long it takes to build up their special moves. I've got Harper and Strowman maxed out at 1 star and they'll barely escape some matches against significantly less leveled characters (especially acrobats) if I get bad draws for red gems. I pulled a 2 star Mark Henry and haven;t even bothered to level him because it doesn't feel like he'd improve my team that much.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
doesn't 2k announce the roster around summerslam?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

ToiletofSadness posted:

I feel like powerhouse characters are not well-balanced relative to the amount of damage they do and how long it takes to build up their special moves. I've got Harper and Strowman maxed out at 1 star and they'll barely escape some matches against significantly less leveled characters (especially acrobats) if I get bad draws for red gems. I pulled a 2 star Mark Henry and haven;t even bothered to level him because it doesn't feel like he'd improve my team that much.

Rusev is extremely good because his base green move basically allows you to choose to destroy half the board at once and you can sometimes combo it with his base purple move

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

ToiletofSadness posted:

Motu will swear by his Rusev. I've not been blessed enough to draw one, but I've got a 2* Gold Juggernaut Reigns and getting him up to gold was huge. He can absorb more damage and his lowest Red lets you choose 2 to create blast gems.

You're correct though, that Powerhouse -> Acrobat advantage is poorly balanced due to how quickly acrobats get specials.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I used my free bux and coins and pulled a Miz, Titus, and Cesaro. I hope one of them is good.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I got Shield reigns and rollins instead of the expected big show and big show.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Has anyone ever got the featured mega superstar?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

C. Everett Koop posted:

I got Shield reigns and rollins instead of the expected big show and big show.

congrats you got a freakin sweet tag team actually

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WWE 2k16 servers are going down at the end of the month.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Endless Mike posted:

I used my free bux and coins and pulled a Miz, Titus, and Cesaro. I hope one of them is good.

Cesaro is the best of those three but waiting five turns for a countdown move is too long, and submission finishers aren't as good as regular moves.

I've recently discovered Wade and Neville are a solid team. They get a MP boost to start, and Neville's color turn gems boost Wade's powerbomb.

Also gently caress everyone who puts Orndorff in their defense team.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Cesaro is the best of those three but waiting five turns for a countdown move is too long, and submission finishers aren't as good as regular moves.

That's interesting, I've been mostly powering up guys with sub moves because they drain opponent powers. Do they just not do enough damage overall or something?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Julio Cruz posted:

That's interesting, I've been mostly powering up guys with sub moves because they drain opponent powers. Do they just not do enough damage overall or something?

They do less damage overall, spitballing off the top it seems like around 1000 or so less, and they're not as easy to get a win off of. The other guy could luck into an instant break and then you're out a finisher.

drat, my stuff was kinda disappointing. Bog How, Ziggler, a loving dupe Neville, and 2 star Ryback, which is pretty cool, but not enough to make up for the other 3. Is Ryback any good?

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 2, 2017

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Since I've now got that 800 cash sitting there, are there any "good" token boxes to get? I wanna evolve my powerhouses and technicians, but I'm missing sheep masks and gum.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Liar Lyre posted:

I need a new Powerhouse. Roman is bad. Titus is bad.

So all in all a pretty accurate video game

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Since I've now got that 800 cash sitting there, are there any "good" token boxes to get? I wanna evolve my powerhouses and technicians, but I'm missing sheep masks and gum.

If you try to evolve a dude and are missing tokens, it'll take you to a screen where you can buy bags with just that class's tokens for 150 cash a pop, 4-5 tokens per bag.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

If you try to evolve a dude and are missing tokens, it'll take you to a screen where you can buy bags with just that class's tokens for 150 cash a pop, 4-5 tokens per bag.

Awesome, I never tried that since I knew I didn't have the tokens I need.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's basically a given that Reigns is going to be this years 2K cover boy, right?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Davros1 posted:

It's basically a given that Reigns is going to be this years 2K cover boy, right?

Not when we have Goldberg, Kurt Angle, or an Undertaker career mode.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Davros1 posted:

No, you want Sheamus.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Sent a request on champions under the name "goatly".

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The newest event in Champions is themed around the current tour of Europe WWE is doing, so everyone gets a free Cesaro.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Davros1 posted:

With the brand split I'm expecting two cover boys and possibly two cover girls too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Liar Lyre posted:

The newest event in Champions is themed around the current tour of Europe WWE is doing, so everyone gets a free Cesaro.

This is cool i guess unless you already have Cesaro (which i do). They should have made a Davey Boy Smith and then gave that to everyone, so at least everyone gets a new character.

Also, i recently noticed you can now see characters high level moves, but i feel like you'd have to pay insane amounts of money to get those kind of tokens. My Cesaro is level 50 and i only see green headphones every once in an eon, so how the hell will I ever get him to a spot to unlock the Neutralizer?