Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I spent like an hour and a half trying to help my friend beat the design council challenge and then we did and he didn't get his Catalyst. He's very mad. I think it's because I was host and had already completed it. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

To be fair the lobster tail scarf is really good looking for being free.

Blight Runner posted:

I regret not being there for when you needed to grind that cryotic. I woulda been down to carry you and others through hieracon. Believe me, I'm crazy enough to have 6 Sibears worth of cryotic :shepicide:

All good, honestly the bestworst part was that I finished grinding everything about an hour before the daily global reset and when that happened I got a resource booster.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

I spent like an hour and a half trying to help my friend beat the design council challenge and then we did and he didn't get his Catalyst. He's very mad. I think it's because I was host and had already completed it. :smith:

I thought that whoever picked the mission (ie. not you, because you couldn't have picked the mission due to completing it before him) was the default host. Just to make sure, he didn't get the BLUEPRINT for the catalyst, right? These things never come pre-built unless you're buying straight from the market.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Vakal posted:

Too be fair it was more of a lobster tail than a scarf.

Wait what, which syandana was this?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Bistromatic posted:

Personally i'd try going with a red that's a tiny bit darker and perhaps less saturated and a yellow that's a bit more orange. I do wish they'd make the colours more consistent between different materials though.

Rhjamiz posted:

Go with the Corpus set. It has the best Yellows I think. I color all my warframes like Bees and the Corpus yellow works great.

sushibandit posted:

I'm a big fan of the red in the Twilight palette for stuff like this. It's a nice rich dark red without being too dark.

Maybe yellow would work for energy on the accessories and just make the frame itself red/black?

All of these were good, particularly the less yellow on the frame. The yellows really look better on metallic finishes - the trick appears to have been using Pakal armor for something not edgelord:

The view from behind:

Oh and sorry I didn't think of this before the kitty competition ended but

code:
g(a
rg
on
fa
ll
s)
oon
l
iness

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Nalesh posted:

Wait what, which syandana was this?

The Dex Nouchali. Was sent to everyone via the inbox a few weeks ago.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tulip posted:

All of these were good, particularly the less yellow on the frame. The yellows really look better on metallic finishes - the trick appears to have been using Pakal armor for something not edgelord:

The view from behind:

Oh and sorry I didn't think of this before the kitty competition ended but

code:
g(a
rg
on
fa
ll
s)
oon
l
iness

I use the Pakal stuff in gold (without the syandana) for my Inaros.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Someone asked me during an axi defense how I (VCR) build my Octavia. I couldn't remember exactly at the time so here it is:

or if I feel like micro managing.

results:

It was an easy 50 waves. Could have gone on longer but it was obvious that the rare train had run out of steam.

Broose fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 29, 2017

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Does duration effect the part of Octavia's passive that gives everyone close to you energy regen?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The juggernaut in the design council challenge is really easy, there's so much time between its charges that it can't kill you all unless you stack up to melee it at the same time. Use an Excalibur or something to stack Corrosive proc on it , and then other frames with spammable ranged powers (preferably just three more Excaliburs), spread out, and don't attack it unless it's next to you or you have ranged powers to spam. Every time it downs someone you can pick them up then get a couple melee attacks off before it charges again.

You don't even need Corrosive Projection since the Corrosive proc will permanently remove its armor, so you can take something else.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 30, 2017

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

S.D. posted:

I thought that whoever picked the mission (ie. not you, because you couldn't have picked the mission due to completing it before him) was the default host. Just to make sure, he didn't get the BLUEPRINT for the catalyst, right? These things never come pre-built unless you're buying straight from the market.

That's what I thought too. He didn't get anything and neither did the pubbie that stayed (the other dropped out). No email, no BP.

I got mine when I did the mission, so I know it works.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

The juggernaut in the design council challenge is really easy, there's so much time between its charges that it can't kill you all unless you stack up to melee it at the same time. Use an Excalibur or something to stack Corrosive proc on it , and then other frames with spammable ranged powers (preferably just three more Excaliburs), spread out, and don't attack it unless it's next to you or you have ranged powers to spam. Every time it downs someone you can pick them up then get a couple melee attacks off before it charges again.

You don't even need Corrosive Projection since the Corrosive proc will permanently remove its armor, so you can take something else.

Hard mode much? Easy mode- Bring Mesa. Push 4. Done.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Gramps posted:

Yea I tried trinity and turns out juggs are immune to EV, why they are immune when bosses aren't? :shrug:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I was USELESS in that melee-only alert. How do I build melee (my Atterax) for doing good on high level content? I had Primed Reach and Pressure Point and corrosive damage but was barely tickling them even in the first few waves.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I was USELESS in that melee-only alert. How do I build melee (my Atterax) for doing good on high level content? I had Primed Reach and Pressure Point and corrosive damage but was barely tickling them even in the first few waves.

Blood Rush, Beserk and Body Count/Whatever that Warframe combo mod is. Slap crit mods and damage mods on it + Primed Reach and you become a room-sized blender.

Edit: You'll have a warm-up period as you build your combo counter, but the higher it goes the crazier the Atterax gets.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

using berserk on the ack and brunt is some of the most fun i've ever had with melee

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Johnny Joestar posted:

using berserk on the ack and brunt is some of the most fun i've ever had with melee

Actually hoping the Oberon skin pack goes on sale this time so I can get the skin for Ak & Brunt on the cheap.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Washout posted:

Yea I tried trinity and turns out juggs are immune to EV, why they are immune when bosses aren't? :shrug:
Adding to this, I was in the same mission and the fucker outright ignores timestop too.

Also

Washout posted:

Fish noise: Third Place 50p and pick a set!
You know what, pass it onto the next person.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Gramps posted:

Does that work on the Jugg? In the run earlier I did with Washout and two other goons I was only getting single digit numbers on the jugg with Mesa 4 so I just tried to stab him a bunch instead (and kept getting knocked down).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I somehow suspect the Akbronco Prime is not going to be a significant improvement over the Bronco Prime.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011

deep dish peat moss posted:

Fun fact, the mission removes titania's Dex Pixias so you can't cheese it with her.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Night10194 posted:

I somehow suspect the Akbronco Prime is not going to be a significant improvement over the Bronco Prime.

I was just looking at that. It's a bit less damage, but way higher status. It's pretty good at that, at least.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Insert name here posted:

Does that work on the Jugg? In the run earlier I did with Washout and two other goons I was only getting single digit numbers on the jugg with Mesa 4 so I just tried to stab him a bunch instead (and kept getting knocked down).

Insert name here posted:

Yeah i absolutely barbecued the jugg with Mesa. I know it's "melee only" but if you equip a good secondary with good mods your 4 will benefit from the mods, even though you can't use the secondary. I had the juggy down inside a minute.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Night10194 posted:

It's actually a gigantic upgrade because of how status works on shotguns. Shotguns show you the per-shot status chance, not the per-pellet chance, so it's the chance of a proc every time you pull the trigger. However, if the shotgun has 30% status BASE (before multishot or status mods) it becomes possible (with four 60% element/status mods) to get that to 100% before multishot, which due to how the math works, means that EVERY SINGLE PELLET will proc status, every time. The difference is staggering and it's a large reason why guns like the Tigris Prime are so insanely powerful (Tigris Prime in particular has extremely high Slash damage which means that a lot of those procs are going to be armor-ignoring Slash procs, which is why it has near infinite scaling and can one shot high level grineer heavies).

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Night10194 posted:

It's actually a significant improvement because Akbronco Prime can hit 100% status before multishot, which equals status out the motherfucking rear end.

It isn't super amazing, but it's actually worth using and kind of fun compared to the single version.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
'Sup goons. Coming back to play during that lovely MMO pre-expansion period.

While I'm reinstalling, help me get caught back up. Is DE_Steve still writing lovely fanfiction and trying to pass it off as "story"?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The game has fully embraced the anime. Let it seep into you.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Can't. Even though I've not touched it since....

*checks* Wow, a year to the month.

Even though I've not touched it since a year ago, I still watch Shy videos semi-regularly and that jaded cynicism for this game has seeped into every pore of my being. =P

Shame I missed the anniversary gift, though. Oh well.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Apr 30, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
poo poo, I forgot: What's the clan name again? Because I may have just accidentally declined the goon one reflexively.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I haven't sent your invite yet, so no harm done. Clan name is just GOON.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

WebDO posted:

It's still available, email me at the address in his post
Did that email ever arrive?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Riddle me this, goons. Is capacity no longer 1 point : 1 rank anymore? I'm looking at a Lesion that's rank 11 (I guess I was doing this for Mastery when last I played?)

Helter Skelter posted:

I haven't sent your invite yet, so no harm done. Clan name is just GOON.

Oh good. The invite rejection was so automatic I couldn't stop myself from deleting the invite.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Riddle me this, goons. Is capacity no longer 1 point : 1 rank anymore? I'm looking at a Lesion that's rank 11 (I guess I was doing this for Mastery when last I played?)

Oh good. The invite rejection was so automatic I couldn't stop myself from deleting the invite.

Your mastery rank will now give you that number of base points in any frame/weapon. So MR 20 will have 20 points in an unranked, non-potato weapon/frame. When that item reaches level 21 it will accumulate points per normal.

Yes this means that rank 23 sperglords have 46 points out the gate with a new, potato'd weapon or frame

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Gramps posted:

Yeah i absolutely barbecued the jugg with Mesa. I know it's "melee only" but if you equip a good secondary with good mods your 4 will benefit from the mods, even though you can't use the secondary. I had the juggy down inside a minute.

Wait, so even though they have missions (e.g. sorties) where they enforce a particular weapon type by requiring you to not have anything else equipped, they didn't do it the same way here? :psyduck:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Getting to rank 16 took forever, I can't imagine getting to 23. Is that just playing for a long time plus always carrying an unlevelled weapon?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

hooah posted:

Wait, so even though they have missions (e.g. sorties) where they enforce a particular weapon type by requiring you to not have anything else equipped, they didn't do it the same way here? :psyduck:

They changed the way those weapon exclusive missions work. You can now leave them equipped and they'll just be locked out. Keeps frames that depend on weapons for power strength like excal and mesa from being useless in missions their strength is locked out on.

And yeah, always carry something unranked for mastery.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Getting to rank 16 took forever, I can't imagine getting to 23. Is that just playing for a long time plus always carrying an unlevelled weapon?

Prettymuch. That and taking full advantage of any affinity booster you get.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Bistromatic posted:

Did that email ever arrive?

:negative:

I work a job that can have lovely hours. I had lovely hours and couldn't help before the expiration of the coupon, sorry goon friend.

But I tend to get these at a decent rate so there's always the future

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The answer is, as always, Hydron.

Bring three unranked weapons, four Corrosive Projections, one Tallgeese, mix liberally for about 20 waves (less if boosted).

Bring an unleveled frame if you want too, but that needs 30 waves to max I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I have Nekros finishing in a few hours :wink:

WebDO posted:

:negative:

I work a job that can have lovely hours. I had lovely hours and couldn't help before the expiration of the coupon, sorry goon friend.

But I tend to get these at a decent rate so there's always the future

Don't worry about it. Was just wondering if it was a screw-up on my end.