Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

-Atom- posted:

It's a port

Okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

-Atom- posted:

It's a port

🙄

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Red shell

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

So like when are gold my nintendo rewards going to be useful for switch stuff because I don't own a wii u or 3ds and don't they run out?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

C-SPAN Caller posted:

So like when are gold my nintendo rewards going to be useful for switch stuff because I don't own a wii u or 3ds and don't they run out?

My Nintendo rewards are almost never useful. They listened to the complaints about Club Nintendo rewards not being good and made a worse reward program.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ChocNitty posted:

Mario Kart 8 gave me that same sensation zelda did, where it feels almost impossible to have such a good looking game on a handheld.

MK8's lighting is insanely good and I still think its one of the best looking games ever made. When MK8 first came out my jaw literally hit the floor and I couldn't stop going ga-ga for how good the rendering is. Most people seemed to not even notice :smith:

Like seriously I'll take MK8 over Forza any day. It looks so loving good.

Mario's mustache has self-shadowing on his face. You just don't see poo poo like that on consoles! Much less handhelds!!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons, been following the thread since DAY ONE, REPRESENT, and I have a lot of travel ahead of me and I'm ready to take this thing around with me.

I have the amFilm tempered glass, a very large microsd card and obviously all the stuff that comes with Switch, but what are all my essentials I should buy?

What's my best case? What's all my essentials I should look to buy as a newer Switch owner?

Would love some recommendations and good quality of life purchases for my Switch.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Get that leather purse case

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Can someone link the friend code google doc?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Shipping status: arriving today by 8pm

:f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5: :f5:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Goons, been following the thread since DAY ONE, REPRESENT, and I have a lot of travel ahead of me and I'm ready to take this thing around with me.

I have the amFilm tempered glass, a very large microsd card and obviously all the stuff that comes with Switch, but what are all my essentials I should buy?

What's my best case? What's all my essentials I should look to buy as a newer Switch owner?

Would love some recommendations and good quality of life purchases for my Switch.

I have this case and it's done the job well enough. https://www.amazon.com/Industries-N...rds=switch+case

It's not big enough to hold the ac adaptor, so if you don't want to just toss that in a backpack go for a bigger case.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

ITS HERE :dance:

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Oh, that won't happen. They shat out an exclusive Zelda Picross game with like 45 puzzles and a quick port of WarioWare Touched (which is, admittedly, the second best one so I'm not complaining) and it's been nothing but wallpapers since.

E: someone please quote the jivjov post where he defended the wallpapers

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Go back in time to get Zelda special edition for the sheikah slate case then hang up the map on your wall framed.

Honestly you basically already got the essentials although a good set of headphones is a must.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm in the same boat, hoping it shows up before my apartment office closes.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Can someone link the friend code google doc?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1viYzgn6OpKLjPAnOornQ9pHjaozpVudHU4lrzUiYgOk/edit#gid=0

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Zaphod42 posted:

The Wait: Will it ship or not? A turn-pager of a thriller, coming to bookstores near you.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

"new nintendo online service free until fall 2017"

:colbert: what the poo poo is this.

God damnit Microsoft you ruined online play for everybody. First Sony now Nintendo.

Well at the very least if I'm gonna pay for online in 2018 it better work. Nintendo needs to learn how to internet.

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

EDIT: Nevermind

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Zaphod42 posted:

God damnit Microsoft you ruined online play for everybody. First Sony now Nintendo.

Well at the very least if I'm gonna pay for online in 2018 it better work. Nintendo needs to learn how to internet.

They've at least said it'll be cheaper than Xbox Live and PS+ afaik

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Go back in time to get Zelda special edition for the sheikah slate case then hang up the map on your wall framed.

Honestly you basically already got the essentials although a good set of headphones is a must.

Good deal. Appreciate it!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Scratch-O posted:

They've at least said it'll be cheaper than Xbox Live and PS+ afaik

It should be significantly less. Those services give you multiple free games every month (that were made within the last decade and don't go away at the end of the month) and let you do voice chat through the console instead of on your cell phone.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Spacebump posted:

It should be significantly less. Those services give you multiple free games every month (that were made within the last decade and don't go away at the end of the month) and let you do voice chat through the console instead of on your cell phone.

Yeah the cell phone app thing is lame.

And doesn't it say that the nintendo service is going to include free games too? That could be great or weak depending.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

And doesn't it say that the nintendo service is going to include free games too? That could be great or weak depending.

The announced free game program for Nintendo's service right now is 1 free NES or SNES game (some with online support) that you can't access after the month is over. That is weak compared to what Sony or Microsoft offer. Let's hope they at least let you play the temporary game without having to have internet access. I thought Mario Run was a cool phone game until I realized you can't play it on a plane*. (*unless you pay for wifi on the plane.)

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 29, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zaphod42 posted:

There have been rumors on the Japanese price and if the US price is similar, it should be about 18-26 dollars a year.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Thank you. This should be in the OP :kiddo:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Takoluka posted:

The real problem is that you aren't using Arle & Carbunkle, instead opting for Rulue, lover of Satan.

Satan is cool and good and Rulue helps me vicariously live out my love for him.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

There have been rumors on the Japanese price and if the US price is similar, it should be about 18-26 dollars a year.

Alright that's not bad at all

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

To be honest we don't really know anything about how the service is going to function or how the free games are going to function everything's been super vague. The lead up to Splatoon 2, since the devs are the only ones to mention working with the phone app, is probably when we'll get any information on it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

knowing nintendo they will release a new switch that doesn't need the phone app about a week after everyone realizes they don't like how it works on launch hardware

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The best part about mk8 is with autoacceleration and stearing my 4 year old finishes tracks about 30 seconds after my 7 year old and me.

In previous games she would be on lap 2 at most.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 29, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Somehow got it in a match with only one other person in a room. Got in first then they got a bom-op and three red shells in a row. The entire time I was in second the boxes took forever to spin down and every item. Every. Single. One. Was a boost shroom and I could do nothing but play catch up the entire round :smith:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
My wife and I finally decided to go ahead and get a Switch. I had heard retailers were restocked this week so I figured, no problem.

Nope! Can't be found in Houston anywhere.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

ComposerGuy posted:

My wife and I finally decided to go ahead and get a Switch. I had heard retailers were restocked this week so I figured, no problem.

Nope! Can't be found in Houston anywhere.

I've seen several at Target shortly after opening.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Try places like Fred Meyer or shopko if you have those.

Stores that have random rear end electronic areas.

I found 3 that way.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
are there any ebay or best buy or whatever deals on eshop cards? I wanna get mk8 and if i can save a little bit, even better!

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
We hit about 10-12 stores today out hunting with no success. I think we're just going to have to wait until everything dies down.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ComposerGuy posted:

We hit about 10-12 stores today out hunting with no success. I think we're just going to have to wait until everything dies down.

System is dead, Nintendo is doomed, etc.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

ComposerGuy posted:

I'm sorry but even after the apocalypse, the Switches will still be sold out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They call it the Switch because it fails and they switch off the production line.

• Locked thread