Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Wait, it's just an adaptation of the first two chapters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pretty sure the talk was about there being several movies that ultimately cover the major parts of DIU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

CJ posted:

it's got keicho and yukako so that can't be

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

CJ posted:

The full title of the movie is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable: Chapter 1 ( JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Daiyamondo wa Kudakenai: Dai-Ichi-Shō). Yukako, Okuyasu and Keicho are right there, the producer said it would be impossible for them to adapt Part 4 into a two hour movie and that if the film does well, he'd love to continue adapting Part 4.

I have no idea what the people who can actually pay to see this movie feel about it so, I don't feel SUPER good about that but oh well

track day bro! posted:

Why did the whole of Morioh move to Spain? Even the police cars are Seat Leons. Just checked and they filmed in Sitges, I was in that area a month ago too lol. Man that's gonna be so weird to watch.
Yeah it's a bit jarring, but the director felt that it matched the feel of Morioh better than Spain, which sounds weird since Morioh was based off Araki's home city of Sendai, but like

Morioh never felt specifically Japanese to me, at least not in the architecture. There's talk in the manga about Morioh used just be a suburb of S City, but Morioh itself experienced an economic upturn, causing expansion in the 1980's which probably explains why it looks more Westernized. It's change I get but yeah dog i can tell that's loving Spain and it's killin me

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Condiv posted:

it's got keicho and yukako so that can't be

They're apparently changing a few details relating to Koichi so I'm not sure what to make of yukako; all the focus on angelo is really confusing but hey whatever I'll take it

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I realize that koichi being half as tall as everyone else is very comic book but I refuse to believe they couldn't find a shorter japanese actor.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Character heights in Part 4 aren't meant to be taken literally anyway; they mostly reflect Koichi's perception. Hence defeated villains shrinking down to Koichi's height because he doesn't fear them anymore.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah his canonical height is not actually that short even though he loving shrinks every time you see him I swear

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's canon 5'1 so he's a couple of inches taller than DeVito so he's short but for Japan, that's probably not inhumanly short.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Unlike Danny DeVito who is legally classified as a treasure goblin

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Unlike Danny DeVito who is legally classified as a treasure goblin

Are you suggesting he should play Shigechi

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't say he shouldn't and I'm not saying he shouldn't also be Sheer Heart Attack (No Weakness)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Stands in the movie will not be men in suits or CGI, instead they will all be Danny DeVito in body paint.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hol Horse: My stand is no longer named Emperor, it is now MAGNUM  DONG

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Guido Mista: My SEX  PISTOLS has an hidden ability, it is called MAGNUM DONG ACT  2

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I didn't say he shouldn't and I'm not saying he shouldn't also be Sheer Heart Attack (No Weakness)

Danny Devito posted:

we can't leave till we smash that bow and arrow josuke! we gotta do it!

Danny Devito posted:

you made me piss my pants you whore

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Moltrey posted:

Yeah it's a bit jarring, but the director felt that it matched the feel of Morioh better than Spain, which sounds weird since Morioh was based off Araki's home city of Sendai, but like

Morioh never felt specifically Japanese to me, at least not in the architecture. There's talk in the manga about Morioh used just be a suburb of S City, but Morioh itself experienced an economic upturn, causing expansion in the 1980's which probably explains why it looks more Westernized. It's change I get but yeah dog i can tell that's loving Spain and it's killin me

The coastal parts I can see pretty much, but the town is very much narrow streets with tall old buildings and lots of mediterranean style apartments. Morioh has always reminded me more of an american suburban town with lots of wide streets. Not that it matters much tbh, as long as they allocate enough budget to creating Jotaros hosed up hat i'll be happy.

Also pls finish the good translation of part 5 pls thank u.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Shigechi: I will defeat you with my H A R V E S T's new ability: T R O L L T O L L

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
hooooooooooooowuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrsssssssssss

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/khudeejuh/status/858236985923608576

oh my god

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The movie is good now.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Takashi Miike is the best director.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I was about to ask for Jotaro drawn like this, but the internet was already on it.

https://twitter.com/ReepusArt/status/858345248241483776

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The magic of Jotaro's hat is forever ruined.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I'm re-reading Stone Ocean and I forgot about Jolyne saying F.F. 'looks like a queer' when they're playing catch.

That's not cool, Jolyne :mad:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah that was one of the bad parts

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I'm re-reading Stone Ocean and I forgot about Jolyne saying F.F. 'looks like a queer' when they're playing catch.

That's not cool, Jolyne :mad:

This is the part where we ask if that's an accurate translation or not

It probably is tho. Oh Araki...

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
If it makes you feel better you could imagine it being the original definition of queer which is "strange or odd".

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I've read that the original line says okama instead of queer, so just think of it as Jolyne saying FF throws like Bon Clay. That's totally a compliment

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

FirstAidKite posted:

It probably is tho. Oh Araki...

Araki is like a huge rear end but I still love him so

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's casual homophobia, poo poo happens. It sucks but no point in making excuses for it.

My opinion of Jotaro has risen in light of recent tweets.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 30, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah that part blows

the scene a bit after where Jolyne and F.F. are arguing about what the opposite of a pig is owns tho

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I forgot literally everything about Jumpin' Jack Flash other than the piss clouds

e: I forgot he was named Lang Wrangler too

Olive! fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 30, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
jumpin jack flash was def the first fight I could just not loving comprehend in black and white

weather report's an extremely close talker so he just puts his chin on jolyne's shoulder and goes "yo you can piss in my clouds, i got you. i already peed in my clouds just go for it, dog"

it's a weird foot to lead on for weather but by the end he's bleeding out in a dumpster and making it rain poison frogs to save jolyne so he's pretty cool

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 30, 2017

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Stone Ocean really has the highest highs and the lowest lows

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Nina posted:

Stone Ocean really has the highest highs and the lowest lows

I don't think anything in Stone Ocean is as low as Dark Blue Moon or Wheel of Fortune.

e: Or some bits of JoJolion.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Excuse me?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I said "WHEEL OF FORTUNE"

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I don't think anything in Stone Ocean is as low as Dark Blue Moon or Wheel of Fortune.

e: Or some bits of JoJolion.

I'll take "I ended Part 3 early!" over Yo-Yo Ma please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I don't get peoples' problem with Yo-Yo Ma. Other than being a little confused with how it started suddenly and then jumped back to explain it I thought it was fine. I guess I'll see when I get to it again.