Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

I'm currently only with a laptop and am in a big WH40k mood currently. Are there any good video LPs of those? The archive has a Space Marine one but I'd really love to see a good LP of Battlefleet Gothic or something. 90% of the Youtube ones involve someone being obnoxiously geeky, putting on silly voices all the time, or trying way too hard to be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

MrNemo posted:

I'm currently only with a laptop and am in a big WH40k mood currently. Are there any good video LPs of those? The archive has a Space Marine one but I'd really love to see a good LP of Battlefleet Gothic or something. 90% of the Youtube ones involve someone being obnoxiously geeky, putting on silly voices all the time, or trying way too hard to be funny.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806669

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Yes, yeeesssssss :orks101:

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
Any content on PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds by players that really care about winning way more than socializing? (no fun-havers)

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
Can anyone recommend some LP's of some FMV/point and click games which are mystery/detective/horror themed? Preferably ones with two hosts to play off each other. I recently finished an LP of Contradiction: Spot the Liar! and now I'm itching for more like that. Bonus points for being really cheesy.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Jygallax posted:

Can anyone recommend some LP's of some FMV/point and click games which are mystery/detective/horror themed? Preferably ones with two hosts to play off each other. I recently finished an LP of Contradiction: Spot the Liar! and now I'm itching for more like that. Bonus points for being really cheesy.

It sounds like you might enjoy the Tex Murphy game series (Under a Killing Moon, Pandora Directive, Overseer, Tesla Effect) but I don't know which is the best LP of them (they haven't been finished on SA).

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Jygallax posted:

Not a full LP, they are in fact stream archives but Voidburger and Chip Cheezum did Sanitarium, I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, Phantasmogoria: A Puzzle Of Flesh and Harvester! The two of them have great chemistry together and the games vary from interesting and actually kind of intriguing to downright cheesy and hard to take seriously. If that's what you're after, I'm sure it'll keep you occupied for a while!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

MrNemo posted:

I know you said you're not really in the mood to watch Space Marine, but I feel I have to mention that this forum's very own Coolguye & Crew have an absolutely fantastic LP of Space Marine that I found extremely entertaining to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjLmkM-ZS34

They also have playthroughs of the W40K Dawn of War franchise, which is also very good watching, particularly DoW 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpx0iiWYTk8

Sincerely recommend these.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm really enjoying Edmond Dante's LP of INSIDE. The weird atmosphere and subtitles are really nice. What are some other LPs of similar slightly creepy, atmospheric games? I've already seen the LIMBO one.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Sociopastry posted:

I'm really enjoying Edmond Dante's LP of INSIDE. The weird atmosphere and subtitles are really nice. What are some other LPs of similar slightly creepy, atmospheric games? I've already seen the LIMBO one.

Try Edmond's Metro Last Light LP if you haven't seen that one already.

MrNemo posted:

Yes, yeeesssssss :orks101:

I personally think I try a little too hard to be funny, but ramming is always sincere.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Powerfrog posted:

Any content on PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds by players that really care about winning way more than socializing? (no fun-havers)

Only good skillful one I've seen lately is Beaglerush. Like with XCOM, he's playing at a high level of skill. It's interesting to see just how much having good communication with his team changes everything. Caution: he may also be having fun.

e: His edited videos, that is. I don't really care for his streams, your mileage may vary.

xoFcitcrA fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 3, 2017

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
hi goons any good up to date subnautica LP's kicking about? The only active LP i can find showing the new updates and such is markplier :negative:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Try Edmond's Metro Last Light LP if you haven't seen that one already.

I personally think I try a little too hard to be funny, but ramming is always sincere.

thank you!

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Has there been any recent horror LPs where the player adds a light comedic twist to it? Like, not to completely throw the horror vibe out the window, but just some jokes here and there to lighten the mood?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Any good LPs of Stellaris? Preferably recent enough to include any new mechanics that have been patched in since release.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Revitalized posted:

Has there been any recent horror LPs where the player adds a light comedic twist to it? Like, not to completely throw the horror vibe out the window, but just some jokes here and there to lighten the mood?

Supergreatfriend and Niggurath consistently do this, both with very dry styles that lighten the mood.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sociopastry posted:

What are some other LPs of similar slightly creepy, atmospheric games? I've already seen the LIMBO one.

Try Blister's run of Cryostasis, should fit the bill. Viddler's mirrors are dead, but the baldurk backup is up.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Jygallax posted:

These don't have two hosts, but I like Niggurath's Phantasmagoria LP and Malorie's The 7th Guest LP. they're subtitled though, so if you really want someone to listen to, don't go for those.

For a duo that's a little less on the horror, more on the funny, RChimp Cola and Sinatrapod did a great LP of Resident Evil 5

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Has anyone done a good LP of Space Station 13 designed to let someone unfamiliar with it know what the gently caress is going on?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Teddybear posted:

Has anyone done a good LP of Space Station 13 designed to let someone unfamiliar with it know what the gently caress is going on?
Can't remember his SA name, but Yorpyorpyorp's LP went into a fair bit of detail about how to do your various jobs and interesting ways you can use those jobs to mess everything up.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't the mechanics change all the time so those wouldn't be good anymore?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm not learning to play the game per se, just have someone playing and explaining what's happening as they go. That seems about right.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I kind of wanna try ruin factory. Can someone recommend a newbie friendly LP of it to help me see if I wanna throw down money on it?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Anyone have a good LP of Little Nightmares? I got the game but I am a HUGE WIMP and cannot play scary games very good.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE
Are there any good LPs of Outlast 2?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Herr Tog posted:

I kind of wanna try ruin factory. Can someone recommend a newbie friendly LP of it to help me see if I wanna throw down money on it?

Just checking, do you mean Rune Factory? There are a few SSLPs on this forum but Plump Helmet Punk's is the one I first watched for Rune Factory 3.

Teddybear posted:

Plump Helmet Punk again, he's played a large variety of the maps that have been used for SS13 over the years, all Goonstation.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Just checking, do you mean Rune Factory? There are a few SSLPs on this forum but Plump Helmet Punk's is the one I first watched for Rune Factory 3.

Plump Helmet Punk again, he's played a large variety of the maps that have been used for SS13 over the years, all Goonstation.

yes and thank you~

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sociopastry posted:

Anyone have a good LP of Little Nightmares? I got the game but I am a HUGE WIMP and cannot play scary games very good.

if you don't mind a longplay instead (I don't know how much commentary of any kind would really add to it anyway) Survival Horror Network did one. I kind of like them for horror games since commentary can break the ambiance

Pizdec
Dec 10, 2012
Any recommendations for the original two GTAs? (the archives have an LP of the first one, but it's very meh)

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know of any good Zero no Kiseki LP's?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
There's no real other place to put this, but after nine loving years, Cybershell finally finished his Sonic The Hedgehog 2 LP by uploading the much hyped Bonus Video for it. Catch the video that took the entirety of the Obama Administration's time in office plus eight months extra before Cybershell deletes it out of spite or something, the surly trolling prick.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
good baldurs gate (1 or 2) video LP's?

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff
For reasons beyond me, I'd like to see what is essentially a (semi)blind LP of World of Warcraft. Something similar to Giant Bomb's 30 Day Trial: World of Warcraft but continuing to some more satisfying end-state than just "welp, I guess we've played this for 30 days now". The expansion can really be whatever. If no such thing exists, a non-blind LP is probably just as fine. Any recommendations?

ETA: offsite is fine.

Loezi fucked around with this message at 11:13 on May 14, 2017

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Piggybacking off of that one, are there any good LPs of any MMOs in general? I've been interested in having a look at how others have went.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

CrashScreen posted:

Piggybacking off of that one, are there any good LPs of any MMOs in general? I've been interested in having a look at how others have went.

PoptartsNinja did a pretty great LP of Star Trek Online. I think he's also involved with the ongoing Star Wars: The Old Republic LP but since I actually want to play through the storylines in that game myself (unlike STO, which I hated) I haven't been following it.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Can I get some recommendations of LPs where the game itself is totally crazy (and potentially story heavy) in some sense - be it really out-there or just plain nonsense - and the LPer is pretty chill and is willing to let the game speak for itself for the most part?

Stuff that I guess fits the bill:
Chip and Ironicus playing Metal Gear Rising and MGS3
supergreatfriend doing MODE and Deadly Premonition and D4
Niggurath's Phantasmagoria
Hopkins FBI - I was not expecting that game to reach the insanity that it did
LISA the Painful

Similar stuff to this that doesn't quite hit the mark for me:
CannibalK9 and The Void - is an amazing LP but not what I'm looking for in this case - a bit too slow to hold the attention
Illbleed - the craziness levels are right, but it's still a tedious and slow game

Also - definitely don't want the LP to be blind.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
/edit: I can't read.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Drakengard 3
OFF

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
^^^^^^^
That OFF one is real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I dunno if this was directed at me but if so - both of these are great and I've seen them both, but I was looking for VLPs, which I guess I should have specified.