Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eh, they've already said that the post-story adventure will be coming back to reinforce the Western Continent Resistance in OotS II: Order Stickier

Hah, I just realised that back in their first confrontation, Tarquin is all 'look, it's early, you go off and get some levels and angst and come back and deal with me later' and Elan angrily refuses, and then that's what the final situation is.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

MikeJF posted:

Eh, they've already said that the post-story adventure will be coming back to reinforce the Western Continent Resistance in OotS II: Order Stickier

Hah, I just realised that back in their first confrontation, Tarquin is all 'look, it's early, you go off and get some levels and angst and come back and deal with me later' and Elan angrily refuses, and then that's what the final situation is.

Actually Tarquin's Empire is going to be taken out by the B-Team in the background, made out of Haley's dad, the lizard bounty hunters, that lady from the last city he betrayed and I think maybe someone else? It's been like seven years or something. Tarquin himself might die from his involvement with the gates and the main plot.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

ZearothK posted:

Actually Tarquin's Empire is going to be taken out by the B-Team in the background, made out of Haley's dad, the lizard bounty hunters, that lady from the last city he betrayed and I think maybe someone else? It's been like seven years or something. Tarquin himself might die from his involvement with the gates and the main plot.

Haley's traitor Uncle Geoff is the last member of that team now that he's come clean about working for Bozzak.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

ZearothK posted:

It's been like seven years or something.

It's pretty crazy that Tarquin has now been a part of OOTS for as long as it existed when he was introduced.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

jng2058 posted:

Haley's traitor Uncle Geoff is the last member of that team now that he's come clean about working for Bozzak.

Obviously Haleys dad and Geoff are rogues, but what would the lady be? I'm thinking a sort of different styled Paladin.
Like, a Paladin, just not the Blue type, and more about righteous anger than Honor and such.

Plus, wheres the healer in the group? They still need a cleric or a druid

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Johnny Aztec posted:

Obviously Haleys dad and Geoff are rogues, but what would the lady be? I'm thinking a sort of different styled Paladin.
Like, a Paladin, just not the Blue type, and more about righteous anger than Honor and such.

Plus, wheres the healer in the group? They still need a cleric or a druid

Long shot -- that cleric that healed Belkar back in Greysky City ended up on the Western Continent to hide, and gets roped in.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Johnny Aztec posted:

Nothing we have seen of her suggests anything more than a plain Fighter or Warrior. She's seeking revenge for her husband's Uriahcide, but that doesn't automatically make her a magically-empowered herald of retribution.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

ZearothK posted:

I feel like Sabine would want to get in on that action.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

NihilCredo posted:

Nothing we have seen of her suggests anything more than a plain Fighter or Warrior. She's seeking revenge for her husband's Uriahcide, but that doesn't automatically make her a magically-empowered herald of retribution.

Well, nothing to also NOT make her a World of WarCraft style Retribution Paladin type.

" I AM A BLADE OF LIGHT"

I mean, the gods of the western area mostly seem to be well, darker?
Anyway, no reason she shouldn't dedicate her self to one of the gods of vengeance, or whatever.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Tarquin's group is involved with the Snarl after the psionic scanned the gate. We'll probably be seeing them again before the end of the story.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

ultrafilter posted:

Tarquin's group is involved with the Snarl after the psionic scanned the gate. We'll probably be seeing them again before the end of the story.

You forget that after she scanned the gate, the Snarl loving ERUPTED from the rift.
Whether Lauren and company are still around to tell Tarquin is a toss up.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If they're not, Tarquin'll want to know what's going on that took out some of his co-conspirators, and the gate's still important to keep track of it even if they can't use it.

And if Rich weren't buried in like a dozen side stories to write then yeah, a B-team tale of secondary characters teaming up to dismantle the multi-Empire conspiracy would be interesting - but at the same time, the best thematic revenge on Tarquin might just be him being beaten offscreen. Nobody cares for the villain who gets sweeped as part of the "everything's good everywhere now" ending montage.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
On the other hand, a great homage to Merry and Pippin liberating the Shire at the end of the Lord of the Rings.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ZearothK posted:

Eh, the page I linked makes it clear that barring party/planet wipe endings, the plan is definitely for the OotS to go hook up with the B-Team. It makes a good 'the adventures continue' hook, and Roy, Elan and Haley definitely have the motivation. V might go looking for centuries of atonement instead, and god knows if Belkar or Durkin will be around.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Raenir Salazar posted:

On the other hand, a great homage to Merry and Pippin liberating the Shire at the end of the Lord of the Rings.

Novelisations don't count as canon so that didn't really happen though.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

scuba school sucks posted:

Novelisations don't count as canon so that didn't really happen though.
:golfclap:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I hope Rich is okay. The last invocation didn't work. :ohdear:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Cat Mattress posted:

I hope Rich is okay. The last invocation didn't work. :ohdear:

He is, he is just finishing up the O-Chul backer story first, then returning to the main comic for a big stretch

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Every time we post the invocation and don't get an update, the backers get a page.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Lovely Horse posted:

Every time we post the invocation and don't get an update, the backers get a page.

I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. Is this working? I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK. I hope Rich is OK.

it doesn't work like that though does it :saddowns:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i'm beginning to think you people don't actually care about his health at all

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
I hope Rich's computer is OK.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
I hope we'll be okay

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I hope we don't have any alignment arguments.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

IMO a slow and inconsistent update schedule clearly demonstrates Rich Burlew's Chaotic Evil tendencies.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Colonel Cool posted:

IMO a slow and inconsistent update schedule clearly demonstrates Rich Burlew's Chaotic Evil tendencies.

He is almost too lawful and he has never been anything but good to us

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I have strong opinions about which edition of Rich Burlew is the best.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

I have strong opinions about which edition of Rich Burlew is the best.

4th

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL
I hope Rich is OK.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh yeah, well, I hope Rich isn't okay! :smugbert:

I hope he's great.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

I hope he shits himself to death.

only to be resurrected later.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Poor Rich :sigh:

e: oh look

https://twitter.com/RichBurlew/status/858979873674735616

https://twitter.com/RichBurlew/status/858979929098211328

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 3, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I was worried that the time stamp would be a years difference. :D

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
For the record, over the past year there have been 35 pages.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

That's 2.9 a month, or about one every 10 days. No, it's not weekly, but considering how much else he's doing, it's drat close.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

We are setting a blazing pace.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

That's 2.9 a month, or about one every 10 days. No, it's not weekly, but considering how much else he's doing, it's drat close.

What else is he doing? More stick-figure comics?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

trucutru posted:

Still finishing the backer PDF stories, and other outstanding Kickstarter obligations. Remember his was one of the first runaway success on KS.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

trucutru posted:

If you count the kickstarter backer side stories, then... Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
How do you even gently caress up kickstarter so bad that you raise a million dollars but lose money and create even more impediments to doing your work?