Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd love to see the reactions of the CIA and friends when they learn the entire Angolan Air Force just bought the farm to a bunch of mercs. Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

power crystals posted:

The SAMs don't need to kill him, just keep him from prosecuting any targets. Which they did pretty drat well! HAWKs are kinda, well, poo poo, at least this side of like 1965, but even a lovely missile will probably hit you if you just fly in a straight line. Forcing that thing away from our base meant it couldn't fire on any of the aircraft in the landing queue. That's just as important. That it did eventually kill him (I assumed the Pantsir would get the kill) is just a bonus.

I want to emphasize my desire to buy a S-300 for exactly this reason.

PBJ posted:

I'd love to see the reactions of the CIA and friends when they learn the entire Angolan Air Force just bought the farm to a bunch of mercs. Jesus Christ

clearly, they will want to hire us

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
He wasn't the only one either. The crew of that brewer must have had balls of steel to fly an aircraft that hadn't flown for 30 years.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Yooper if possible next time a whole countries airforce starts heading our way we send our Awacs and refuelers to land or somewhere way away if our SAMs hadn't killed that last flanker it could have killed our support

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tythas posted:

Yooper if possible next time a whole countries airforce starts heading our way we send our Awacs and refuelers to land or somewhere way away if our SAMs hadn't killed that last flanker it could have killed our support

perfect bait for the HAWK SAM

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Tythas posted:

I have my doubts about that, surely if he wanted to launch at poo poo he had plenty of good targets on final approach but he seemed laser-focused on the airfield. I wonder what he was carrying.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quinntan posted:

He wasn't the only one either. The crew of that brewer must have had balls of steel to fly an aircraft that hadn't flown for 30 years.

Not wanting to be goomba-stomped by an elephant for defeatism would be a good enough motivation as well.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Quinntan posted:

I have my doubts about that, surely if he wanted to launch at poo poo he had plenty of good targets on final approach but he seemed laser-focused on the airfield. I wonder what he was carrying.

If memory serves, he expended his A2A missiles killing one of the phantoms, so yeah I assume he had some sort of anti runway bomb or some sort of A2G loadout. I was afraid he might try to attack me and Cryo since we were the closest aircraft and we were completely out of ammo but he didn't.

Still, a Su-30 with a different loadout could have shot down the support craft if in a similar position

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Aw man, I missed the stream. I can't wait to see how things go, the thread looks like one big redacted CIA document right now so that makes me nervous :ohdear:.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Aw man, I missed the stream. I can't wait to see how things go, the thread looks like one big redacted CIA document right now so that makes me nervous :ohdear:.

we have such things to show you....

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Jimmy4400nav posted:

I was gonna ask if our president released his tax records

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Veryslightlymad posted:

I was gonna ask if our president released his tax records

"The best, just the greatest."

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

never been more relevant

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Clearly I need to watch the post-stream upload,

Olothreutes posted:

I made a thing, because I really enjoy dazzle camo.

and this needs to happen.

Psawhn
Jan 15, 2011

Tythas posted:

never been more relevant

:ssh: He dodges all of those missiles.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Psawhn posted:

:ssh: He dodges all of those missiles.

those are Rohan's missiles as well

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tythas posted:

those are Rohan's missiles as well

Rohan saved one missile for each fighter, she has standards

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

PBJ posted:

As I said in stream chat if this doesn't end in a dozen intelligence guys showing up and casually asking to borrow our guncam footage/etc from that then I don't even know. There are so many firsts and nearly unknowns that happened in that mission that every country in the world would want their hands on our data. Maybe we can make some of our money back that way...?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

This mission has convinced me that we need Rafales

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Last Op, Rohan earned her 6 million. This mission, she earned that entire loving hotel

And we thought sinking a PLAN frigate was gonna get us in the papers.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

power crystals posted:

As I said in stream chat if this doesn't end in a dozen intelligence guys showing up and casually asking to borrow our guncam footage/etc from that then I don't even know. There are so many firsts and nearly unknowns that happened in that mission that every country in the world would want their hands on our data. Maybe we can make some of our money back that way...?

We can definitely sell the footage to the CIA, if we can assume that our pilots haven't already uploaded it to future youtube themselves

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

all i want for christmas is a squadron of rafales

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Groggy nard posted:

We can definitely sell the footage to the CIA, if we can assume that our pilots haven't already uploaded it to future youtube themselves

Oh were we not posting it to youtube

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Any idea how many Angolan fighters we killed?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

sparkmaster posted:

Any idea how many Angolan fighters we killed?

I wanna say 20-30. I wonder if the reddit brigade allied with them

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Tythas posted:

Oh were we not posting it to youtube

Do you like money? Because I like money.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Forgot the best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sor9GzivGbk

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Oh, and I'd like to point out that the next generation Gripens (which should be available in our timeline) can carry 6 Meteors :getin:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

sparkmaster posted:

Oh, and I'd like to point out that the next generation Gripens (which should be available in our timeline) can carry 6 Meteors :getin:

My wishlist gets longer everyday

edit: oh! is this the post-mission where we can buy things??

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 30, 2017

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

You guys go ahead and play with your Meteors and your IRST pods, I just want some Aardvarks to pound fools into the dirt.

Well that and my search radar. Some day...

Loel posted:

edit: oh! is this the post-mission where we can buy things??

Yooper said post-stream that we'd get a mid-theater procurement round. Assuming we have any money left after all that, since we originally didn't get paid for that sortie.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

power crystals posted:

You guys go ahead and play with your Meteors and your IRST pods, I just want some Aardvarks to pound fools into the dirt.

Well that and my search radar. Some day...

Yooper said post-stream that we'd get a mid-theater procurement round. Assuming we have any money left after all that, since we originally didn't get paid for that sortie.

psh, we just cleared the field. we better get 10 figures, or some employers' houses are getting blown up

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

If we don't get paid we're deposing the Count and creating Getouter Heaven.

Then we'll buy some Aardvarks and upgraded Gripens.

LostCosmonaut fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 30, 2017

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

Loel posted:

psh, we just cleared the field. we better get 10 figures, or some employers' houses are getting blown up

I'd assume we would still get paid for all the damage we caused. I want my new Gripens.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Wrong song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

GODDAMNIT it was already posted

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I have come to the conclusion that Scoper and I are the Teamsters of the PMC. Every mission the first chance we get to RTB it's "Hey, you told us to do the thing, we did the thing! I don't care we've got a squadron of Flankers comin' in, I've fulfilled my job description and I'm coming home!"

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
It's sad when you're in a jet and you're outperformed by a pack of unmanned gliders. :(

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

This seems like one of those situations where the DM has a really solid plan for the followup adventure, but then the party goes and loses like 1/5th of their air force and the DM has to be like poo poo, I better have some NPC come along and pre-pay for a job so they can hire buy a new cleric MIRAGES MOTHERFUCKER and not party wipe next session.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hopefully free state is hurting worse than we are :v:

So about that heist....

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
I don't think we really lost all that much as far as capabilities go. The SK60 was practically useless, and the Su-25 was useful but only in limited circumstances (and it seemed like 1/4th of their Vikhrs malfunctioned). The F-4s hurt, but we still have 6 of them, and their usefulness so far has been limited to being bomb trucks (AIM-120B's suck, apparently). We still have our tankers, our EWAR, and our AEW. We're still 90% combat effective. The dictator can't say this after that debacle in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Any idea when the nonstream video will be up?