Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm glad I decided not to watch the derrrrby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

realbez posted:

I'm glad I decided not to watch the derrrrby

I'm considering my options

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
North starting the norfing before the 3rd quarter has even ended.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Ablett is great and anyone who boos him can get stuffed

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I am delighted to be watching the derby, particularly when the alternative is watching the Perth Glory get obliterated

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Gary Ablett has had more contested possessions than any other player on the ground has had disposals. He's also had 16 clearances - 10 more than the next best player.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I'm in America ATM and just woke up, :eyepop: at some of these results

also watchafl is so nice compared to afl live God drat

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Let the Norf begin

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Lol Gaff totally just kicked the ball the wrong way there. Only entertaining thing to happen in this quarter

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

racing identity posted:

North will lose by <6 again

I hope so.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Imagine how stupid Luke Darcy has to be to claim the game is over with a 4 goal north lead with 8 minutes left

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Umpiring in this Norf-Suns match has been atrocious.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

LECCA!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Just declaring now that I have tipped Norf to Norf it up against Gold Coast despite finally dropping Thomas.

Posting this for my eventual shame/triumph

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

racing identity posted:

North will lose by <6 again

....my narrative :negative:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
North have a really bad song.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Was totally expecting Norf to Norf that up.

And weirdly, Sydney are the last club stuck on zero.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Forum Joe posted:

Umpiring in this Norf-Suns match has been atrocious.

It's got to the point I can't figure out what holding the loving ball is any more, it seems to be a whim based on how tough the favoured side is having getting it through the midfield.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
North only got 15.4k people at Etihad tonight. That's really bad considering they are only just starting their rebuild. What's it going to be like next year when they are even worse (if that's possible)?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

North only got 15.4k people at Etihad tonight. That's really bad considering they are only just starting their rebuild. What's it going to be like next year when they are even worse (if that's possible)?

I'd say something mean about this but glass houses et cetera

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

realbez posted:

I'd say something mean about this but glass houses et cetera

We're in "the Carlton" phase of the rebuild. You know, the one that happens about 5 years before you finally give up and admit you need to do an actual rebuild.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gently caress my tips have been ruined today. Why did Hawthorn lose? Why didn't North Norf?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

You Am I posted:

Why did Hawthorn lose?

Hawks Bad, Saints aren't as bad in Tasmania as West Coast are in Melbourne.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Schlesische posted:

Now I remember, the corresponding fixture in Tas last year was when the hawthorn supporting umpire cheated to give them the win in the last minute

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Schlesische posted:

I basically treat all-Vic games there (and Hobart) as neutral games. They both have to get on a Dash 8 to get there.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

I basically treat all-Vic games there (and Hobart) as neutral games. They both have to get on a Dash 8 to get there.

What are the field dimensions like? Given Hawthorn play there way more often than most opponents it seems that could be a decent advantage

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

What are the field dimensions like? Given Hawthorn play there way more often than most opponents it seems that could be a decent advantage

Sphincter shaped.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Hawks generally have a strong advantage there but the saints have played there a bit, and still have a decent following in Tas from the baldock days. Any time two vic teams play there the crowd isn't as partisan as when a 1987-on expansion team comes.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
That's not the reason St Kilda won, but it wouldn't have hurt.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

gabensraum posted:

Hawks generally have a strong advantage there but the saints have played there a bit, and still have a decent following in Tas from the baldock days. Any time two vic teams play there the crowd isn't as partisan as when a 1987-on expansion team comes.

IMHO, the Hawks "fortress Aurora" stuff was always overplayed, the Hawks kept winning at Aurora because they typically played smaller draw teams (who tended to be "not great") there and were just really good in general.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

If I recall it's as big as the MCG. And not as sheltered.

Although it's now a while back, St Kilda was the other team playing home games there, including the Siren-gate game against Freo.

Like Schlesische said, probably their winning ratio there was a bit amped because most of the teams Hawthorn's played there are interstate or the teams that aren't that successful.

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 30, 2017

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

The Deadly Hume posted:

If I recall it's as big as the MCG. And not as sheltered.

Although it's now a while back, St Kilda was the other team playing home games there, including the Siren-gate game against Freo.

Like Schlesische said, probably their winning ratio there was a bit amped because most of the teams Hawthorn's played there are interstate or the teams that aren't that successful.

By interstate you mean Freo every loving year, only team that's played more at York Park than Freo is Hawthorn.

http://afltables.com/afl/venues/york_park.html

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Time for another embarrassing and infuriating loss :toot:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Lol was just gonna say Garlett looks off the boil then he does that

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

So much terrible field kicking

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Umpiring too, jesus

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Imagine how big of an absolute oval office you would have to be to boo Michael Hibberd as an Essendon fan. loving kill uourselves you stupid Hird gobbing fucks

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Deliberate out of bounds is ruining the game. It's hosed.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

This is a classic Bombers v Demons game and not in a good way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Windmill Hut posted:

Deliberate out of bounds is ruining the game. It's hosed.

It needs to be scrapped. The quality of umpiring is just nowhere near good enough to have it.

• Locked thread