Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
How much accuracy do you really need, for PVE, on the various classes (Kunoichi in particular)

It is difficult to find clear information on this online.

RIght now on my 52 Kuno i have Ancient weapon core + neck combo for 5 accuracy, ultimate quitar kunai for +7, red coral earrings for +4. Can i swap the kunai that only has 11 AP and 7 accuracy for the one with 24 AP instead? That is a considerable AP boost for not a lot of cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Ineptitude posted:

How much accuracy do you really need, for PVE, on the various classes (Kunoichi in particular)

It is difficult to find clear information on this online.

RIght now on my 52 Kuno i have Ancient weapon core + neck combo for 5 accuracy, ultimate quitar kunai for +7, red coral earrings for +4. Can i swap the kunai that only has 11 AP and 7 accuracy for the one with 24 AP instead? That is a considerable AP boost for not a lot of cash.

Generally you're going to be better off going for AP over accuracy for PvE. You're probably going to be fighting stuff that's around your level or lower so most classes aren't going to have a ton of problems hitting with their base accuracy.

The AP kunai is really good and super cheap too. Definitely get one.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Silvergun1000 posted:

Generally you're going to be better off going for AP over accuracy for PvE. You're probably going to be fighting stuff that's around your level or lower so most classes aren't going to have a ton of problems hitting with their base accuracy.

The AP kunai is really good and super cheap too. Definitely get one.

Thanks, bought the AP Kunai!
It has seen almost the same amount of sales as the Kuitar one so it should be easy to unload as well.

It seems nigh impossible to get +15 or PRI Grunil pieces, particularly ultimate ones, and other armor are infrequiently sold (so you might end up not being able to unload your assets)
I have a ton of black crystals and memory fragments and sharp fragments and whatnot so i was thinking of trying to enchant up some PRI Grunil pieces myself. I realise that one should buy them off the TP but i have never seen one for sale and my preorder has not worked for a week so far.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
At what level does fighting become challenging? Im have a warrior at 20 now and I just gather up some mobs and do a heavy attack a few times and they fall over. I dont even take damage while doing that.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

At level 48-50ish south west of calpathon, if you haven't bought or enchanted any gear. This area is still fairly easy with 60ish AP and 80ish DP, depending on class.

Before that the game is really just a tutorial without much challenge intended.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ineptitude posted:

It seems nigh impossible to get +15 or PRI Grunil pieces, particularly ultimate ones, and other armor are infrequiently sold (so you might end up not being able to unload your assets)
I have a ton of black crystals and memory fragments and sharp fragments and whatnot so i was thinking of trying to enchant up some PRI Grunil pieces myself. I realise that one should buy them off the TP but i have never seen one for sale and my preorder has not worked for a week so far.

Yeah grunil you can just enchant up yourself. Save your memory frags though, you can easily get grunil gear off the marketplace to fix up your pieces.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks, bought the AP Kunai!
It has seen almost the same amount of sales as the Kuitar one so it should be easy to unload as well.

Yeah I actually use the AP kunais to build failstacks since they're so cheap and plentiful and can turn around and sell them for about 20m when they hit +15 (getting a negative karma alt is on the to do list but I've got enough on my plate already that I find this easier). I've never had one go more than a day without selling.

Honestly though, get it to duo, upgrade it to at least blue (yellow is better obviously but not as big of a deal as going from green to blue), and it's going to last you a very, very long time.

When I bought my PRI grunil I just set notifications and bought it as it showed up. Got most of the pieces on the first try. If you don't need it right away you might try doing that then using those crystals to get it to duo.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah grunil you can just enchant up yourself. Save your memory frags though, you can easily get grunil gear off the marketplace to fix up your pieces.

I thought i needed the "blue" grunil pieces to repair ultimate grunil? Mabe i just read it too quickly.

Silvergun1000 posted:

Yeah I actually use the AP kunais to build failstacks since they're so cheap and plentiful and can turn around and sell them for about 20m when they hit +15 (getting a negative karma alt is on the to do list but I've got enough on my plate already that I find this easier). I've never had one go more than a day without selling.
I like this. I will copy this!

Silvergun1000 posted:

Honestly though, get it to duo, upgrade it to at least blue (yellow is better obviously but not as big of a deal as going from green to blue), and it's going to last you a very, very long time.

When I bought my PRI grunil I just set notifications and bought it as it showed up. Got most of the pieces on the first try. If you don't need it right away you might try doing that then using those crystals to get it to duo.

What is "it" ? The Grunil? How do i get it from green to blue (to yellow?)
I have bought already PRI'ed Ultimate Grunil pieces so far, helm and gloves. For armor i'll stick with the Magical Armor. All i have left to do is get Grunil boots to PRI (i have never been able to buy a +15 but i do have them at +10)
Where in the enchanting process do i turn them from green to blue to yellow?

From what i understand ill enchant my wanted item up to +15, while buying +0 pieces to restore durability as i go along. Once i get to +15 i want to get a failstack of 20ish (by enchanting for example the AP kunai?) then try to enchant the +15 piece once more to hope i get a PRI?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ineptitude posted:

From what i understand ill enchant my wanted item up to +15, while buying +0 pieces to restore durability as i go along. Once i get to +15 i want to get a failstack of 20ish (by enchanting for example the AP kunai?) then try to enchant the +15 piece once more to hope i get a PRI?

Once you get to +15, the table resets and you have to use the concentrated stones, but you have much better odds, i think PRI is base 20%. You can fs if you want, i would do that with weapons since the stones are more expensive. On launch you had to repair with the same color, but now you can just use green to repair, an exception to this is awakening weapons since the green and blue pieces are technically different weapons.

Green armor/weapons can go from green to gold with an ultimate reform stone. These go on the market around 7 mil but you will probably have to preorder for 12+ or snipe to actually get once since they are huge in demand for DK gearing right now. You can also make your own with 10 of the level 3 reform stones from a refinery cooked up with a hard or sharp stone. A bit irritating to do, but at least it's guaranteed. Also of course the awakening weapon is the exception here in that only the blue can use a stone to go to gold, the difference is minimal though so some people stick with a green until they get kzarka since the green ones are generally better in pve and blue ones pvp.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 27, 2017

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah you can repair max durability on an ultimate grunil piece with a regular green grunil piece no problem. When the game first came out it didn't work like this, so there may be some outdated guides still floating around out there. To actually change a green or blue piece to ultimate, there are 2 ways to do it. One is you use a refinery to make "grade 3 armor reform" stones, then go to the black spirit menu and throw them at your armor until it turns to ultimate. This is random and who knows how many of these things it will take. Or instead you can take 10 grade 3 armor stones, 1 hard crystal fragment, and heat them together in the processing menu. This will make an ultimate reform stone, which is a 100% chance to upgrade the armor to ultimate in the black spirit menu.

To go for pri on a grunil piece I'd use 10-15 failstacks or so. The success rate on pri is a lot higher than going from 14 to 15, but you do have to use concentrated stones to attempt the enhancement. I wouldn't waste a 20 stack trying to pri a grunil piece. Failstacks (FS) in this game are hugely valuable. Way down the line you'll find yourself smashing stones into grunil pieces hoping it fails so you can build stacks for the gear you're actually trying to upgrade.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

I thought i needed the "blue" grunil pieces to repair ultimate grunil? Mabe i just read it too quickly.

I like this. I will copy this!

What is "it" ? The Grunil? How do i get it from green to blue (to yellow?)
I have bought already PRI'ed Ultimate Grunil pieces so far, helm and gloves. For armor i'll stick with the Magical Armor. All i have left to do is get Grunil boots to PRI (i have never been able to buy a +15 but i do have them at +10)
Where in the enchanting process do i turn them from green to blue to yellow?

Oh sorry, guess I was a bit unclear. Yeah I was talking about your sub-weapon (the kunai). To upgrade it, you can grab a Grade III Upgrade Stone from the marketplace (they're on the same tab as the other weapon and armor upgrade astones) which will run you like 300k. You can also go with an Ultimate Upgrade Stone, but they're really expensive and you're not actually gaining any AP, just a better special ability.

You've pretty much got it right on the upgrading. Not sure if you're aware, but you need concentrated blackstones to upgrade past +15. Those are a lot more expensive (about 4m a piece) so like you said, you really want a decently sized failstack before you start burning those. On a slight upside, you'll be getting +3 to your failstack with each failure with those so in theory you make more 'progress' with those failures.

Something else you might want to keep in mind is that if you get unlucky and wind up with a really big failstack (like 30+), you might want to really consider saving that for a duo attempt and rebuilding the failstack on an alt. This is for two reasons. First, failstacks get more expensive to develop the bigger they get, and you can really look at them as value you're investing into your item. Generally speaking, each upgrade step adds more value than the last, so for example, looking at the green Kunoichi awakening weapon (Sonan Sah Chakrams), a +15 is worth about 21m, a PRI is worth 41m and a DUO is worth 69m. So let's say you wind up with a +30 failstack trying to go from +15 to PRI, that's worth about 20m once it goes through. However, if you save it and use it to upgrade from PRI to DUO, suddenly that same stack is worth 27m.

The other thing is that each upgrade step has a hard cap on it's success chance. This increases the more you upgrade it, but for PRI attempts, the cap is +25 stacks (this gets you a 52.5% chance to succeed per attempt), while a DUO attempt maxes out at +30 (which gets you a 30% chance). Because of this, once you get above +25 on your PRI attempt, you're really not making any more progress and are just getting more chances with the same chance to succeed.

One last thing to bring up, although you won't have to worry about it just yet, is that when you do TRI, TET and PEN attempts, if you fail the enchant, the item actually regresses a stage. So if you have a DUO and fail to enchant it to try, it'll actually regress to a PRI. This is a major pain in the rear end and why there is a huge jump in cost going from DUO to TRI (using the Sonan Sah Chakram example earlier, a DUO is worth 69m while a TRI is worth 149m). Once you get to that point, you really are going to want to make sure you're able to restore your weapon to DUO if it fails, or better yet, enchant a totally separate weapon, switch to it when it hits TRI, and then sell your old DUO. It's also worth mentioning, that this does not apply to accessories and a few other items (like crafting costumes). If you fail an enchant on those, you straight up lose both items. Yes, this means if you mash two Ogre Rings together and it fails, you just vaporized the better part of 200m. In the long run, it'll cost you about as much to enchant them as it will to just buy them, but if you're not super rich, all it takes is a little bad luck to wipe out a ton of your cash doing this. So unless you know what you're doing, just buy your accessories, it'll make your life a lot easier.

I hope that made sense! Enchanting is pretty simple in general (throw stones at it until it upgrades!), but there's a ton of nuance to it that is worth knowing if you want to make your life a lot easier.

Edit: Would anybody find an effort post on gear and gear progression helpful? I know a ton now that I know would have been nice to know when I started playing, so if it would help anybody I could throw something together.

Silvergun1000 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 27, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Welp thats a bunch of good info, thanks guys!

I think i have the hang of it now mostly, just gotta try it out for some practice :)

I forgot to ask, can i upgrade any item from green to blue to gold or just +0 items?

Silvergun1000 posted:

Edit: Would anybody find an effort post on gear and gear progression helpful? I know a ton now that I know would have been nice to know when I started playing, so if it would help anybody I could throw something together.
would definitely be nice!

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

Welp thats a bunch of good info, thanks guys!

I think i have the hang of it now mostly, just gotta try it out for some practice :)

I forgot to ask, can i upgrade any item from green to blue to gold or just +0 items?

would definitely be nice!

You can upgrade it at any time. Given what the upgrade items cost, I'd say a good rule of thumb is upgrade them to blue once you hit the safe-enchant cap, then upgrade them to yellow after you've gotten them to PRI.

As for the guide, I'll see what I can throw together. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to bug me on Discord and I'l be happy to answer any questions you have.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
For what it's worth, you can repair yellow items with any of the variants, blue with only the same blue item or the base item, and the base item with only the base item. Some of the blue variants regularly sell for much less than the base item

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 27, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Silvergun1000 posted:

You can upgrade it at any time. Given what the upgrade items cost, I'd say a good rule of thumb is upgrade them to blue once you hit the safe-enchant cap, then upgrade them to yellow after you've gotten them to PRI.

Could you clarify this a bit more?

I got my shoes to PRI. I tried using a blue stone on them and it said it was successful but they did not turn to blue. I saw 3 Ultimate Armor stones up at the TP but lost the bid on all 3.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

Could you clarify this a bit more?

I got my shoes to PRI. I tried using a blue stone on them and it said it was successful but they did not turn to blue. I saw 3 Ultimate Armor stones up at the TP but lost the bid on all 3.

Oh the items are a bit misleading. You need a yellow (Grade III) stone to upgrade to blue, and an orange (Ultimate) stone to upgrade to yellow. Makes a ton of sense, I know.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Just go from green or blue to ultimate with an ultimate reform stone, there's no rng and they aren't hard to build, you can buy the materials fairly easily.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Finally trekked out to Valencia, and apparently you can softlock the game by dying to desert debuff while in the amity minigame. You don't get a UI back and can't revive or quit, and have to restart the game.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

lurksion posted:

Finally trekked out to Valencia, and apparently you can softlock the game by dying to desert debuff while in the amity minigame. You don't get a UI back and can't revive or quit, and have to restart the game.

:koreagame:

Also, in regards to gear enchanting. Don't do it.
Look at the price of a +15, PRI, DUO Grunil piece and do the math.
Ultimate Armor reform stone is 5mil .
Conc armor stones are 2mil.
Grunil +15s are 20mil
PRI about 30mil
DUO 50mil.

If you build FS and throw a few tries at it, you'll be worse off already.

Put up notices on the MP for all the variants of a PRI/DUO piece and try and grab one. They're common enough to be able to get one fairly quickly. At the time of this writing I see a a few Grunil pieces that are +15, PRI and DUO of the different rarity colors on sale.
Buy everything you can, you will always be off better financially.

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar

TVDinna posted:

:koreagame:

Also, in regards to gear enchanting. Don't do it.
Look at the price of a +15, PRI, DUO Grunil piece and do the math.
Ultimate Armor reform stone is 5mil .
Conc armor stones are 2mil.
Grunil +15s are 20mil
PRI about 30mil
DUO 50mil.

If you build FS and throw a few tries at it, you'll be worse off already.

Put up notices on the MP for all the variants of a PRI/DUO piece and try and grab one. They're common enough to be able to get one fairly quickly. At the time of this writing I see a a few Grunil pieces that are +15, PRI and DUO of the different rarity colors on sale.
Buy everything you can, you will always be off better financially.

This. Plus, you spare yourself a lot of heartache.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

It's probably worth mentioning that when you start getting into stuff like boss gear, and the higher end accessories, buying them is going to be extremely challenging. Supply is low, demand is high, and thanks to the way the marketplace works, they're priced low enough to make them very accessable to most players (compared to what they would probably cost if there was no price restrictions). Stuff like dandelion weapons are so rare that you constantly see people offering to pay pearls just for somebody to list one so they have a chance to purchase one, so even finding on on the marketplace is going to be challenging, getting one is harder still, and getting one at the enchant level you want is going to be very, very difficult.

Most non-boss gear at DUO and below should be reasonably easy to buy and it's totally worth doing so when you can, but beyond that, you should probably plan to enchant it yourself. It's honestly not that bad once you understand how the system works, as even failing to enchant something still makes your progress towards your next goal.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
While yes, It's extremely tough to actually win the boss gear that goes on sale when it doesn't hit bids, but if you've got the patience, it's the best way to get gear.
However, some boss items are more common, like Kzarka, Bheg's or Giath's. These are easier to try to win than a Dandelion for sure.

I won a TRI Nouver Dagger a few weeks ago and I was shocked that I got it but it is possible. If you're grinding solo or messing around on an alt, park an MP alt next to your biggest bank and set a timer for 10mins from post time if it doesn't go to a preorder.
Patience is the biggest thing that will help you get ahead in this game.

The only gear that you're forced to enchant on your own is higher level accessories(Ogre/Laytenn, Croissant Guardian, Tungrad, Basilisk, Tree belt), if you're patient, you can usually snipe PRI variants but after that you're on your own to build FS and enchant them. But be prepared to lose hundreds of million in the short run and billions in the long run.

The way to look at enchanting is is basically if you have a FS for DUO for example. If you succeed the DUO attempt how much silver do you gain in networth? A PRI -> DUO Grunil gains you 30mil networth. A piece of boss armor goes from low 200 to low 300s (90-100ish mil gain). PRI Croissant Guardian to DUO success = 120mil to 400mil value (but keep in mind the offset due to failure blows up the accessory)

This is why you want to save FS for accessories when that time comes. The gains for enchanting on your own are just too small.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012
So when do you hit content in the game intended for more than one person? I've been running around with some friends from work and so far nothing has really needed more than one person to do. Are we better off just going solo until endgame or whatever?

J
Jun 10, 2001

Fureil posted:

So when do you hit content in the game intended for more than one person? I've been running around with some friends from work and so far nothing has really needed more than one person to do. Are we better off just going solo until endgame or whatever?

Not for a really long time. People tend to group up at pirates and sausans when they are undergeared, because it does help them clear faster + strength in numbers for pvp purposes.Or sometimes they'll group up at other spots when undergeared, but if you're appropriately geared for the content there is no real reason to group. The only stuff in game that is hard enough to warrant grouping for are aakman and hystria temple areas in valencia, and the level and gear requirements for those areas are really high. Like level 59 and 200+ap high. When the kamasylvia content comes to our servers that is supposed to have some additional difficult stuff to kill as well, although I'm not sure the requirements for that stuff.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Does someone have two gift passes left for me and a buddy? What do you need to get them, e-mail address? I also have PM.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Grawl posted:

Does someone have two gift passes left for me and a buddy? What do you need to get them, e-mail address? I also have PM.

They give out 7 day free trials now without any passes needed here: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/tryforfree

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away
Anyone from Orwen around? I kinda do miss the days of Black and making people cry.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Just picked this game up to satisfy my MMO itch. Who do I see about joining ParksandRec?

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Everyone in guild can invite, but mostly just a lot of casual players here.
Check the discord and ask for someone to invite.

Fureil posted:

Don't know if you guys have a guild already but being in a guild gives a bunch of bonuses. ParksAndRec has some decent perks if you guys don't already have a guild.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

TVDinna posted:

Everyone in guild can invite, but mostly just a lot of casual players here.
Check the discord and ask for someone to invite.

Don't know if you guys have a guild already but being in a guild gives a bunch of bonuses. ParksAndRec has some decent perks if you guys don't already have a guild.

Do you have a link to the discord?

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

Oglogoth posted:

Do you have a link to the discord?

https://discord.gg/tXJYW48

Unrelated, saw a PRI Tree belt go up for a decent price so I YOLO'ed it up and actually suceeded in DUOing it.
Feeling lucky, I built up a stack to get my Muskan back to DUO but RNG wasn't having none of that so I ended up with a TRI stack of 34. I was pretty tilted so I decided to rage TRI for Giath. Somehow hit that TRI with only 34 stack. Nevermind the fact that I built a 58 stack just trying to TRI my Kzarka Longsword a while back.

Made my first TRI item today by myself.
Felt so proud and sad at the same time. loving :koreagame: and these roller coaster of emotions.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Are the workbench crates completely worthless or what? They seem like a lot of work to move around just to sell for less than it took to make it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

fletcher posted:

Are the workbench crates completely worthless or what? They seem like a lot of work to move around just to sell for less than it took to make it.

Well there are two main kinds of crates. Junk crates are just cheap crates you make, like iron, in large amounts to really just trade for the trading exp. The crates that take more mats, like calpheon timber crates can be profitable but not if you are buying the raw mats off the auction house, and sometimes it makes more cash to just sell the raw mats depending on the economy. I'm not playing right now but previously it was better to sell the wood because everyone was making the timber crates in epheria or so, and then transporting all the way across to valencia and getting the buff (can only get if master trading 4? i think).

You cut a lot into your profits if you have to pay to transport, most people who make lots of crate use a workaround. I know one of these was to load up your horse, sit on it, and your guild leader uses guild summon to teleport you across the world. I think there are other ways too, maybe offline moving or just background afk.

J
Jun 10, 2001

fletcher posted:

To make crates worth it, you need to have enough CP to connect trent to valencia. Then you need to get at least master2 trading, and do a questline that starts at sand grain bazaar. That will unlock the capability to spend 100 energy to get a buff at this one node southwest of Valencia called Sharing. It is a 1 hour buff that increases the base price of your trade goods sold in valencia by 50%. If you have all of this, then you can make the high priced crates for profit - for example, timber crates that use plywood to make (calpheon timber crates), or some of the metal crates like brass/bronze ingot crates.

If you don't have all of that, then you will make more money just selling all the materials on the market instead.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
I highly recommend investing into the top tier jewelry right now that are saturated on the market.
A decent buying price right now for Basilisk Belts at 38mil and Croissant Guardians at 30mil.

Grab any you can find and wait a week or two until prices recover from the event. Basilisk can be flipped at 55-60mil and Croissants for 42-45mil. Mostly depending how patient you are.
With Value Pack buffs on, this is 4mil+ on each piece flipped.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

J posted:

To make crates worth it, you need to have enough CP to connect trent to valencia. Then you need to get at least master2 trading, and do a questline that starts at sand grain bazaar. That will unlock the capability to spend 100 energy to get a buff at this one node southwest of Valencia called Sharing. It is a 1 hour buff that increases the base price of your trade goods sold in valencia by 50%. If you have all of this, then you can make the high priced crates for profit - for example, timber crates that use plywood to make (calpheon timber crates), or some of the metal crates like brass/bronze ingot crates.

If you don't have all of that, then you will make more money just selling all the materials on the market instead.

How do you move the crates without it being a pain in the rear end? I transported 100 to Heidel just to try it and then I had to travel there, and carry them to the vendor in two trips @ 168% super slo mo. What am I missing?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

fletcher posted:

How do you move the crates without it being a pain in the rear end? I transported 100 to Heidel just to try it and then I had to travel there, and carry them to the vendor in two trips @ 168% super slo mo. What am I missing?

Overload your horse using the following steps:
1. Withdraw max crates from bank
2. Put crates onto horse
3. Withdraw max crates from bank
4. Remove crates from horse
5. Repeat from step 2 until no crates remain in the bank

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I am 54,5 now and getting closer to awakening.
Am using a Yuria +15 but was thinking of buying a Liverto +15 as that is quite an AP boost.

Does the AP from the mainhand help while using the awakening weapon? If it doesn't there is probably no point for me to spend most of my money on a liverto now so close to awakening.
I don't want to end up in a situation where i use most of my money to speed up the last stretch to 56 a bit only to find out i have no use for that item at 56 and/or struggling to afford an awakening weapon.

(From what i understand the awakening weapon itself isn't too expensive though, 120k for a green one from vendor then enchant it to PRI or DUO myself)

J
Jun 10, 2001

fletcher posted:

There are a couple of ways to do it -
1) The horse stacking glitch gwrtheyrn mentioned. You can cram up to like 7100 or so crates onto a horse using that method, and then you just waddle where you need to go.
2) You can NPC transport crates from epheria to ancado, but you incur a 4200ish silver per crate transport fee, which adds up quite a bit. And you still have to move the crates from ancado to valencia.
3) Get the ability "call to gather" guild skill which lets the guild master teleport everyone to where they are, 12 hour cooldown. If you're sitting on a horse, it will move your horse when you take the teleport. Guild master parks an alt in valencia and just teleports everyone there to trade in crates.

Ineptitude posted:

I am 54,5 now and getting closer to awakening.
Am using a Yuria +15 but was thinking of buying a Liverto +15 as that is quite an AP boost.

Does the AP from the mainhand help while using the awakening weapon? If it doesn't there is probably no point for me to spend most of my money on a liverto now so close to awakening.
I don't want to end up in a situation where i use most of my money to speed up the last stretch to 56 a bit only to find out i have no use for that item at 56 and/or struggling to afford an awakening weapon.

(From what i understand the awakening weapon itself isn't too expensive though, 120k for a green one from vendor then enchant it to PRI or DUO myself)

AP from the mainhand helps your awakening abilities. From what I've read, 50% of your mainhand AP contributes to your awakening. Perhaps more importantly though is that the accuracy from your mainhand (which is hidden), also affects your awakening abilities. Liverto's accuracy is significantly better than a yuria. A kzarka has a bit more accuracy than a liverto, about 5 accuracy's worth. If you want to see some tests some guy did regarding accuracy, here you go.

Regarding awakening, you can buy green awakening weapons (unlimited quantity, no amity game required) from a vendor in altinova for 120k. If you've got the blackstones, then yeah you can get one of those to pri or duo pretty easily and would be the simplest way to get started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
Get the blue variant of awakening. Those are extremely cheap and it gives you more long term options.
Dandelions are stupidly rare and even if you got lucky to get one, enchanting boss gear is ridiculously expensive.

The Valencia buff for trading requires Master 2 trading, so it's quite tough to unlock.