Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RealFoxy posted:

Lady Broly?

Lady Broly/Caulifla is not Broly star of hit smash and noncanonical movies Broly The LEgendary Super Saiyan and Broly Second Coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

RealFoxy posted:

Lady Broly?

Is a separate character only thematically based on Broly.

That doesn't make Broly canon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

South Kai shows up next episode to offer his strongest champion for the Universe 7 Z Fighters team draft. A tall black hat is seen.

Piccolo immediately vaporizes him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That dino that they keep going back to for tail meat is the best character.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I hope it's the same dinosaur from all those years ago

this was a good episode for both piccolo and gohan, which isn't something I expected to say when super started. I appreciate piccolo addressing gohan being useless with buu. also it was funny to see gohan do the reverse of goku's original ss transformation and having the hair shift back and forth from blonde to black

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Krillin is a cool guy.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Azathoth256 posted:

We're going to see blue Gohan aren't we?

50/50 odds Gohan goes directly to Super Saiyan Blue 2. If we're on Frieza Standard Time and we've got like 30 hours to go there's no telling just how much stronger he'll get if they address the core weakness of Gohan, which I am kind of surprised Piccolo just spelled out here. We haven't had nearly as much meaningful interaction between Gohan and Piccolo since even the Cell Saga, and this was good.

If we can have skinny buu (which I guess we will see) I can hope for Adult Gohan in Piccolo Gi. Or Adult Gohan in Piccolo Colored Goku Gi, which might fit better and make him more distinct from both Goku and Piccolo

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

its too bad we won't see piccolo and gohan fuse, since they used a lot of that gimmick last arc and it doesnt really fit gohan's progression here (or the rules of the tournament)

thats one of the things i keep hoping we get to see someday

i mean they can do it in dragonball fusions, but thats not as good and im sure they could come up with a better design

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

gently caress's sake Yamcha even your flying cat thing thinks this is sad

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Kithkar posted:

50/50 odds Gohan goes directly to Super Saiyan Blue 2. If we're on Frieza Standard Time and we've got like 30 hours to go there's no telling just how much stronger he'll get if they address the core weakness of Gohan, which I am kind of surprised Piccolo just spelled out here. We haven't had nearly as much meaningful interaction between Gohan and Piccolo since even the Cell Saga, and this was good.

If we can have skinny buu (which I guess we will see) I can hope for Adult Gohan in Piccolo Gi. Or Adult Gohan in Piccolo Colored Goku Gi, which might fit better and make him more distinct from both Goku and Piccolo

I think Gohan will probably get his own, unique transformation instead of just Blue. They brought back his "Mystic" form or whatever, to show he's not going the same Super Saiyan route Goku and Vegeta did, so I think they'll continue with that.

Also, I guess this finally tells us that he is supposed to be transforming for that form, and it isn't just base Gohan.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's more of a transition than a transformation if that makes sense.

He's going from being relaxed, to having all of his power active at once without need of multipliers. Effortless maintaining of his true limitless power.

So now the key is to add a transformation ONTOP of that. Which, yeah, Goku and Piccolo have both confirmed that Gohan still hasn't peaked yet.

Because in Dragon Ball, if you need a sure fire way to go even further beyond, just turn to Gohan. Chances are he still has unlocked potential

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was a really good ep. Piccolo is such a good dad. I'm pretty happy to see "Mystic" Gohan again. DBS has been really good these oasft fews eps and i can't wait for the next episode. Bet hella those power level guys are mad Piccolo beat Gohan though. :v:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kithkar posted:

They've literally been saying how much time is left at the end of each episode and it's at like 9 hours now

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What's the situation like over at Kanzenshuu about Super Saiyan 2 turning into Mystic?

Great dads Vegeta and Piccolo are always welcome so it's another tick for the Super is the best box.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like Caulifla's look.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gohan's mystic form will just have a different hair color in god form (if that's what they even do with him)

maybe he'll keep the basic super saiyan god red

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

I like Caulifla's look.

It seems like they changed her quite a bit from the first preview video we got where she was timidly clasping her hands together.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Funky Valentine posted:

South Kai shows up next episode to offer his strongest champion for the Universe 7 Z Fighters team draft. A tall black hat is seen.

Piccolo immediately vaporizes him.
"Okay, fine, we've also got this guy."

"Look at my trucker hat!"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Vegeta is so proud and growing into a father role it breaks my goddamn heart

How the gently caress is he gonna feel when he looks back and realizes in horror how much he has changed, learned, grown, how little he knew when he was some shithot Prince there with Nappa on Earth,

And then he looks at Goku

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Really good episode the part with Cabba was cool and the second half with Gohan was really cool. That disembodied hand blast.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Really good episode the part with Cabba was cool and the second half with Gohan was really cool. That disembodied hand blast.

I seriously did not see that coming, Big Green has stepped up his goddamn game at last

If Goku can just waltz in and claim god power while Piccolo spent god knows how long being God Of Earth then god dammit he gets to play on the god level too, gently caress you

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Piccolo being like "gently caress your college degree" is strangely poignant.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
My favorite part of the entire episode is loving Beerus, The Literal God of Destruction, being afraid to tell the truth about the universes being erased because he's afraid that Bulma will yell at him.

Bulma is the best.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm so glad Beerus fearing Bulma is canon. Dragon Ball Super is good, actually.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why is cauliflower in Tien's dojo?

Everyone hates Bulma.

I don't know how Gohan's going to face competing in tournament after getting whomped by Krillin and Piccolo (both of whom are out of their league themselves) in warmups.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It seems like they changed her quite a bit from the first preview video we got where she was timidly clasping her hands together.

Are we sure they're not just two separate characters? I know the idea that a team might have two different female combatants is completely out there in Dragon Ball but I feel that's the case?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Even Lunch has forgotten Lunch exists at this point.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Piccolo being like "gently caress your college degree" is strangely poignant.

Piccolo is the embodiment of true evil: modern capitalism.

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm so glad Beerus fearing Bulma is canon. Dragon Ball Super is good, actually.

Bulma is the embodiment of true power: modern capitalism.

The best part about Piccolo getting screentime is that he probably has the funnest skillset out of all the Z-Warriors. Dude chokes out Gohan with tentacle arms and uses his disembodied hand to blast him in the back. It's like having a smart Buu on your team!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

green dad best dad (aside from krillin, but still)

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Are we sure they're not just two separate characters? I know the idea that a team might have two different female combatants is completely out there in Dragon Ball but I feel that's the case?

I was gonna ask that too, they don't seem to be the same character, do they?

FemBroly's pics next to Cauliflower might be a red herring or a conjecture from the magazine's staff. Or maybe she has split personality a la Lunch.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

Piccolo is the embodiment of true evil: modern capitalism.

Bulma is the embodiment of true power: modern capitalism.

The best part about Piccolo getting screentime is that he probably has the funnest skillset out of all the Z-Warriors. Dude chokes out Gohan with tentacle arms and uses his disembodied hand to blast him in the back. It's like having a smart Buu on your team!

The funniest joke in the episode is Gohan asking when Piccolo acquired this strange new stretching power.

Gohan somehow manages to be the dumbest person in an episode where a scrawny child asks a man with a gimpy leg to fight in a martial arts tournament.

edit: Also Yamcha.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Apr 30, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Petiso posted:

I was gonna ask that too, they don't seem to be the same character, do they?

FemBroly's pics next to Cauliflower might be a red herring or a conjecture from the magazine's staff. Or maybe she has split personality a la Lunch.

Is the first one the girl from the dojo preview?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

sassassin posted:

Is the first one the girl from the dojo preview?

Yes.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

She could just be muscling up because she reinvented that Super Saiyan form that does nothing but please Vince McMahon. It'd also pop more since she isn't a muscleman otherwise.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

sassassin posted:

The funniest joke in the episode is Gohan asking when Piccolo acquired this strange new stretching power.

I think Gohan's confusion was more "whoa Piccolo when did you gain the ability to beat the poo poo out of super saiyans like it ain't no thang". Piccolo wasn't even clearly being overpowered at any point and winning purely through trickery like Krillin was doing, he was pretty much going pound for pound with Gohan and then adding trickery on top to make sure he won.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Nessus posted:

She could just be muscling up because she reinvented that Super Saiyan form that does nothing but please Vince McMahon. It'd also pop more since she isn't a muscleman otherwise.

I'm specifically thinking of their untransformed forms though. They got pretty different hairdos, outfits, and judging by body language pretty different personalities.

It's just funny that Dragon Ball is the kinda franchise that, when showing two different female character designs, everyone's first instinct is "wow that character got redesigned quick" instead of "oh a second female Saiyan".

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Now watch as I eat poo poo when it turns they really just redesigned the entire character from scratch including her personality after the promos.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's entirely possible she's been redesigned since that original short promo vid.

Or maybe Champa tries to hustle everybody by dressing her up like that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kanos posted:

I think Gohan's confusion was more "whoa Piccolo when did you gain the ability to beat the poo poo out of super saiyans like it ain't no thang". Piccolo wasn't even clearly being overpowered at any point and winning purely through trickery like Krillin was doing, he was pretty much going pound for pound with Gohan and then adding trickery on top to make sure he won.

I read Gohan and Piccolo's bout as Piccolo realizing Gohan - although strong as gently caress - was rusty and bad at actual fighting, relying on brute strength to overpower his opponents...except Piccolo had his number. It's not like he didn't match Super Saiyan power before either, he could go punch for punch with base SS and Gohan didn't seem to push himself very hard during that match.

I like Super establishing power levels ain't worth poo poo if you forget how to actually punch good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Super Buu wasn't much of a fighter when Gohan kicked his rear end. Then he got clowned on by the combination of Picollo's smarts and Gotenks' power.

• Locked thread