Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

revmoo posted:

You can probably fix that with an exacto knife

I've had good luck fixing skips with a tooth pick. Usually a little spec of paper or gunk pops out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Got home and the new Colin Stetson had arrived unexpectedly. A good start to Friday evening.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Recent gets.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
What genre of music is it that makes all of their covers black and white with the optional splashes of red?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

cosmicjim posted:

What genre of music is it that makes all of their covers black and white with the optional splashes of red?

stupid poo poo like black metal

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Looks like Jack White is running out of ideas.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Looks like Jack White is running out of ideas.

In all seriousness, if Jack White got wind of the idea of "label outside the label area" he'd make a picture disc but with the "picture" being the label and track information in the grooved play area and then a blank center.

Or else put the label along the outside and the label area would be the play area. Good luck getting it to play since a lot of turntables auto-return when they reach the dead wax.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
"The b side is coated with an industrial adhesive that will leave the record glued permanently to your turntable"

Or don't even make it a record, etch the grooves right into a platter

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Misandry Cannon posted:

http://imgur.com/a/csSZd

Gallery of my records taken with my lovely phone.
NSFW probably. Breasts on some of the art and some people get squeamish about that.

bunch of great stuff in here, good poo poo

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Oldstench posted:

Recent gets.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Oldstench posted:

Recent gets.

poo poo, thanks for the heads-up on the Mörk Gryning.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

King Vidiot posted:

In all seriousness, if Jack White got wind of the idea of "label outside the label area" he'd make a picture disc but with the "picture" being the label and track information in the grooved play area and then a blank center.

Or else put the label along the outside and the label area would be the play area. Good luck getting it to play since a lot of turntables auto-return when they reach the dead wax.

I got one of these from his label!

In all fairness, when I showed this picture to the customer service lady they sent me another copy right away for free.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I got one of these from his label!

In all fairness, when I showed this picture to the customer service lady they sent me another copy right away for free.

Wait, is that just some dark swirl in the translucent vinyl or is the label on the reverse side also off-center?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Taylor Swift's 1989 is probably as cheap as it will get right now ($12.78):

https://www.amazon.com/1989-Taylor-Swift/dp/B00P2HSETA/
edit: sold out

wa27 fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 29, 2017

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

wa27 posted:

Taylor Swift's 1989 is probably as cheap as it will get right now ($12.78):

https://www.amazon.com/1989-Taylor-Swift/dp/B00P2HSETA/

Lol. Bought this on a whim. I've never even heard a taytay song (that wasn't some beep-boop techno remix). I'll throw it on with no preconceptions and see how it sounds.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

King Vidiot posted:

the second dead weather album has bonus tracks on the center label and if I remember correctly they're at 78 speed too lol

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Wait, is that just some dark swirl in the translucent vinyl or is the label on the reverse side also off-center?

When it was pressed an extra label ended up on that side and got pressed into the grooves.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

revmoo posted:

Lol. Bought this on a whim. I've never even heard a taytay song (that wasn't some beep-boop techno remix). I'll throw it on with no preconceptions and see how it sounds.

Shake It Off will be stuck in your head for a week.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

More obsessive nerd poo poo. This one was an Indiegogo that was an online-only limited edition (sold out awhile back, too) that somehow landed at my local shop:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

More obsessive nerd poo poo. This one was an Indiegogo that was an online-only limited edition (sold out awhile back, too) that somehow landed at my local shop:

They had a few left over after the Indiegogo campaign that people could just buy. Anyway this album rules if you didn't listen to it yet. I'm also kind of new to the Residents and was wondering if any of their other albums have the sort of sound from this one or which ones you'd recommend to me if I liked Live in Holland.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

Anyway this album rules if you didn't listen to it yet.
My sound system (bought in the '90s with my first DVD player) kicked the bucket a couple weeks ago, I've been sitting on a pile of poo poo that I haven't been able to play, including the new fancy record.

CPL593H posted:

I'm also kind of new to the Residents and was wondering if any of their other albums have the sort of sound from this one or which ones you'd recommend to me if I liked Live in Holland.
Like pretty much everything they've released, it kind of stands on its own as its own thing, but there's a bit of cross-over with the Cube-E show, though it lacks Snakefinger's guitar work. Feel free to pop on into the thread sometime if you got any questions.

EDIT: Oh! Monkey and Bunny's off Title in Limbo, the album they did with Renaldo and the Loaf (it doesn't sound like either of them). Underrated.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 30, 2017

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

cosmicjim posted:

google it

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
EVERYTHING will be released on vinyl... Well not everything but a part of the super chill soundtrack. And you get the rest as downloads.

https://www.erasedtapes.com/news/2017-04-25/ben-lukas-boysen-sebastian-plano-announce-collaborative-release-everything

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
Well I guess my Vinyl Me Please account auto renewed even though I thought I for sure cancelled it after Demon Days. Now I've got a Fiona Apple record that I couldn't be less interested in on the way.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Action Serious posted:

Well I guess my Vinyl Me Please account auto renewed even though I thought I for sure cancelled it after Demon Days. Now I've got a Fiona Apple record that I couldn't be less interested in on the way.

pm me for my discogs acct, if youd be interested in offering a trade

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Pingiivi posted:

EVERYTHING will be released on vinyl... Well not everything but a part of the super chill soundtrack. And you get the rest as downloads.

https://www.erasedtapes.com/news/2017-04-25/ben-lukas-boysen-sebastian-plano-announce-collaborative-release-everything

To get the full experience though, you need to get a second turntable so you can play an Alan Watts record over top of it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Action Serious posted:

Have you been charged? I think you still may be able to cancel because they don't charge me until the second of every month. That first "Your record is shipping soon" email is just their way of reminding you that the upcoming release is going to be shipping soon, not necessarily that you've been charged.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

It's already selling for $80 on ebay.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

lots of good poo poo today

legowelt x2, nhk koyxen x2
1991, sueno latino & manuel gottsching (+ remixes), joy orbison, dillon/wendel (beatrice dillon & kassem mosse)
donato dozzy, dj sotofett, move d, theo parrish
xosar, jacques renault, theo parrish

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Can't help but notice you didn't get the Dexplicit record.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Action Serious posted:

I'm definitely selling mine. Hopefully it will pay for the subscription. I gotta say they have pretty great customer service. My Demon Days was defective and they sent out a new copy ASAP and I get to keep the other. Only skips on one song so I'm gonna give it to my friend who is a big fan.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

sporklift posted:

I'm definitely selling mine. Hopefully it will pay for the subscription. I gotta say they have pretty great customer service. My Demon Days was defective and they sent out a new copy ASAP and I get to keep the other. Only skips on one song so I'm gonna give it to my friend who is a big fan.

I think I was able to cancel in time actually. Thought about trying to flip it or trade but I'd rather not deal with the hassle when I'm sure somebody out there would be happy to get it at cost.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Boinks posted:

It's already selling for $80 on ebay.

How the gently caress? Nobody even has it yet.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

sporklift posted:

I accidentally wrecked my art print once and emailed them asking for another... they sent me an entire new album and when I tried to return it they told me to keep it so that was cool. Their customer service is top notch if you enjoy the releases.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

CPL593H posted:

How the gently caress? Nobody even has it yet.

People presell stuff on ebay all the time

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Boinks posted:

People presell stuff on ebay all the time

Yeah, but in this case you can just go on VMP and get it for 30 dollars. Right now.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

CPL593H posted:

Yeah, but in this case you can just go on VMP and get it for 30 dollars. Right now.

Must be people who don't know about VMP.

I just assumed it sold out.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

King Vidiot posted:

To get the full experience though, you need to get a second turntable so you can play an Alan Watts record over top of it.

It would've been neat if they had gotten the Watts speeches from the game. But, you know, additional licensing stuff and all that.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
My M . O . O . N . album got here and it rules. Shouts to whoever posted about that preorder dealy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Between the OK Computer box set and Lemonade* today is already expensive AF.

*not the box set; I love the album but do not need a $270 artbook