Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

yeah I eat rear end posted:

People said the same thing about W but he still managed to screw things up in the world pretty badly by the end of his terms. As Trump's supporters keep saying, give him time, he'll get the hang of it and we'll look back fondly on these first 100 days of incompetence eventually.

imagine a future president that makes you long for donald trump

it's loving coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shadow0 posted:

I live in Germany, and mostly people just express their sympathy for me and then try to figure out how such a thing could happen (and then also ask about America's obsession with guns and if the yellow school buses are real).

america is so retarded about guns my dad's buddy from quebec thought everybody here owned em and loved em (we live in a state with comparatively low gun violence).

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I always laugh when the "loud" stereotype gets talked about especially by Germans. Maybe drunk americans get pretty loud but average germans are loud as hell.

Also if you think american tourists are entitled you probably haven't dealt with Chinese ones.

Sorry if i hurt your feelings in the lol thread. Let's overcome our differences and lol at trump togheter.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Just read a cover piece in my local (German) paper about Trump supporters in Kern County and even if they tried to stay as neutral and matter-of-fact as possible the text was just dripping with a palpable feeling of “what the gently caress is wrong with those people“, lol

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I always laugh when the "loud" stereotype gets talked about especially by Germans. Maybe drunk americans get pretty loud but average germans are loud as hell.

Also if you think american tourists are entitled you probably haven't dealt with Chinese ones.

"We may be fat, entitled, and poorly dressed, but we are not *that* loud!"

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I just realised is there any situation that could be worse lol?

without bending the laws of reality that is...

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

"The only system stopping me from being a dictator is bullshit" -POTUS Donald Jennifer Trump

Lmao

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Lol

Trump congratuled erdogan
Admires duterte
feels bad for jong-un
Thinks putin is a swell guy

How long until we straight up just get a "hitler had some good ides?"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he already has supporters on twitter asking why people call nazis/hitler right wing.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Attitude Indicator posted:

Lol

Admires duterte
feels bad for jong-un

Don't forget that he straight up said that he wants to get rid of any checks on the president's power.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol

Admires duterte
feels bad for jong-un

I think he is too dumb and demented to ever try a grab for power. But he is laying the foundation for whoever comes after him. His clown show of a presidency bigly damaged the remaining trust in the democratic process and democratic institutions, paving the way for some great reformer to come in and remove all those "failing" institutions some day.

I lol at all those people who stayed home on election day because they thought that he can't possibly cause that much damage. That's really missing the big picture.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe

Now? They hate us more now but the hate was always there.
There's hate, and then there is hating how your old friend buys that boat he can't really afford and doesn't listen to no-one anymore and suddenly says all that weird stuff about how everyone is his enemy and totally swoons over that Russian mail-order bride, oh, buddy, we disagreed in the past but you have to STOP!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Lol

Admires duterte
feels bad for jong-un

Well, he endorsed Le Pen in France who in turn just installed a literal holocaust denier as party chairman, so there's that

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

If this isn't peak lols, I am seriously worried about my pulmonary health.

Do you think they give those maps out at tours of the White House? If not, I should tweet this idea to Donald.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Sorry if i hurt your feelings in the lol thread. Let's overcome our differences and lol at trump togheter.

You didn't hurt my feelings friend I just feel like it's my patriotic duty to point out that we may be very close, we aren't the absolute worst.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

You didn't hurt my feelings friend I just feel like it's my patriotic duty to point out that we may be very close, we aren't the absolute worst.

We're going to have to try harder! America First!

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Watching these MSNBC pundits just BARELY stifling sheer disbelief is an excellent first LoL in the morning.

I wish I had the constitution to go back through the whole thread and cap all the best "Peoples faces when Trump does, like, literally anything" and just make one huge 5 minute GIF of Senators, 4-Star Generals, Diplomats, World Leaders and Reporters just going "uh what?"...

Like I'll volunteer to take 100 pages if a few other Goons wanna go in a google drive with me. Now more than ever, with Nuclear War looming ominously, preserving digital LoLs for future generations has become utterly paramount.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Like 30% of the country is completely retarded and there's nothing we can do about it but watch them gradually get destroyed by Trump policies.

Yes, once the poors are gone, the country will return to its former glory and America will be great again!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a good chunk of that 30 percent is suburban and rich white folk.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
Making The Case For 2020 Hillary Clinton

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/making-the-case-for-2020-hillary-clinton_us_5900f9ace4b00acb75f18443

quote:

Okay, before I go any further, let me state unequivocally for the record that I believe Hillary Clinton ran one of the worst campaigns in modern political history. Her management was inept, her messaging misguided, and her character terribly flawed. Let’s put this into proper perspective: she lost to Donald Trump, for gently caress’s sake! A colossal joke of a candidate who by all accounts should’ve lost to a chair. As the saying goes, the election was Clinton’s to lose... and she lost it. So why on Earth would I want her to run again in 2020?

The answer is rather simple: I remain committed to the belief that Clinton would be an incredible president. And I believe she not only will run again, as her recent and outspoken re-launch onto the public stage indicates, but that she will also win.

Oh, for gently caress's sake. Stop. Just loving stop.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
"She lost to Donald Trump when everyone said she had 90-99%+ chance of winning" is not something you can recover from. Are they trying to out-do Trump's diehard supporters in delusion and stupidity?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't ge tthe liberal obessesion with center-right candidates.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/diazbriseno/status/858496456776450048

quote:

Donald Trump compared immigrants to a treacherous snake that bites its host as he commemorated his 100th day as President.

Mr Trump read the lyrics of Al Wilson’s 1968 song “The Snake,” in which a woman takes an ill snake into her home only for it to bite her once it has recovered. He also paused to point out to his audience it was a metaphor for “the border.”

During his speech to a rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Mr Trump dedicated his recital to Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly and anti-immigration agencies.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Sunday morning lol at our retarded daughter loving piss brained president.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's a pretty good chance that before 4 years are up everyone will have seen the president wet his pants on live tv

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and before the trump defence squadron barges in here, YES I know he wears diapers

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol remember when his son made the skittles comparison to refugees which was based on a german story about jews being poison mushrooms and the guy that wrote the story got hanged as a war criminal.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

paul_soccer10 posted:

and before the trump defence squadron barges in here, YES I know he wears diapers

Lol

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, we missed some lols from Wednesday, gotta go back

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2017/04/27/trumps-unusual-meeting-with-2017-teachers-of-the-year/

quote:

Trump’s rather weird meeting with the 2017 Teachers of the Year

It’s a time-honored tradition: U.S. presidents, every year, take some time to meet the 2017 state Teachers of the Year and single out the national winner. But things went a little differently Wednesday when President Trump welcomed this year’s winners to the White House.

Usually, the National Teacher of the Year speaks. This year, that didn’t happen. Usually, the president spends some time talking with the teachers, giving many of them individual attention. That barely happened Wednesday, according to several participants who agreed to speak only on the condition of anonymity because they said they fear Trump addressing them on Twitter or press secretary Sean Spicer bringing them up at a daily briefing. Usually family members join the winners to meet the president. This time few were allowed — and relatives of the teachers, some who had traveled at their own expense for many hours to attend, were left to wait in a building near the White House, with, as one said, “no water in the hot rooms.”

Rather than a ceremony in the East Room or the Rose Garden, as past presidents have done, Trump invited the teachers into the Oval Office, where he asked them all to gather around him, standing, while he sat at his desk. In the crowd were first lady Melania Trump, Vice President Pence, second lady Karen Pence and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos. It was the first lady’s birthday, and the teachers sang “Happy Birthday” to her.

At one point, one of the state winners, Abdul Wright from Minnesota, asked Trump whether the group could sing “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” often called the “Black National Anthem.” Trump, according to the Star Tribune, agreed, and thanked Wright for leading the song. Wright was quoted by the newspaper as saying:

“Yesterday superseded politics. Yesterday was about values, yesterday was about the human experience, yesterday was about the human heart. And I think we got caught up in that.”

The White House did not respond to a query about the event.

In the Oval Office, with the teachers and others standing around him, Trump spoke about the teachers and engaged with a few of them (see video above), and briefly singled out the 2017 National Teacher of the Year, Sydney Chaffee, from Codman Academy Charter Public School in Dorchester, Mass. A ninth-grade teacher, she is the first national winner from a charter school in the program’s 65-year history, and the first from Massachusetts. While the other teachers applauded, she accepted a trophy from Trump, who remained seated during the presentation.

Chaffee was not invited to offer remarks.

According to a pool report from White House reporters, Trump said to Chaffee: “That is really something special,” and he thanked the teachers for singing to his wife. He also said, continuing to remain seated, “You’re all great, great teachers,” and “Each of you has dedicated yourself to inspiring young lives and putting our children on a path to happiness and success.”

One teacher began to cry near the end of the event, and she said to Trump, “Sorry, I’m always crying.” He responded: “I’ve had some of the biggest executives in the world, who have been here many times, and I say have you been to the Oval Office? No. They walk into the Oval Office and they start crying. I say, ‘I promise I won’t say to your various stockholders [that they cried].’ ”

Meanwhile, in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, next door to the White House, were family members of the teachers, most of whom were not allowed into the ceremony, participants said. Chaffee’s husband and young daughter were kept waiting in a hallway before being allowed to enter the Oval Office, according to participants. A state school superintendent had flown to Washington to support the winner of his state, but he wasn’t allowed in either. DeVos met with the family members, some of whom were upset, for pictures, according to several participants.

A parent of one of the teachers said in an email:

“There was no planning, no care, no water in the hot rooms, and no respect for the families…. One state coordinator who had been working on her job since 1999 said it was a disgrace and the most terrible thing she had witnessed.”

The event was obviously different from those put on in recent years by other presidents.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurk Ethic posted:

Making The Case For 2020 Hillary Clinton

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/making-the-case-for-2020-hillary-clinton_us_5900f9ace4b00acb75f18443

Oh, for gently caress's sake. Stop. Just loving stop.

If they don't run Hillary that year it will probably be Elizabeth warren, or some other democrat that make people groan out loud at mention of their name

Lmfao

Scary! fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 30, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

God every year the audience at this are the biggest bunch of uptight pricks ever.

DC is overrun with piles of self-important humorous pricks.

Plus you have the old joke about politics being show business for ugly people

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Lol

Admires duterte
feels bad for jong-un

"Holocaust centers"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't get the liberal obessesion with center-right candidates.

because anyone who stands left of center and has any traction is probably running on a campaign of "Free Bongs for Aliens (Space or Immigrant Kind, bro, it's all gravy) or has like face & neck tattoos

and further than that, consistently left leaning values have a tendency to roll really limp-wristed poo poo like Gun-Control in with their otherwise sane policies (like healthcare) and once you cross that line you are digging your own grave because you've alienated everyone between Pittsburgh and Portland.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the vast majority of gun owners support universal gun registration.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't ge tthe liberal obessesion with center-right candidates.

Electorate is retarded and wants this, that's all there is to it. The notion that it's the evil politicians who are holding back stuff like sensible healthcare and tax reform is an urban myth

IMO America should fund its schools, colleges and public media better to unretard the population

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Electorate is retarded and wants this, that's all there is to it. The notion that it's the evil politicians who are holding back stuff like sensible healthcare and tax reform is an urban myth

IMO America should fund its schools, colleges and public media better to unretard the population

Lol if you don't think 'publicans haven't been slowly dismantling all those things since Regan. VOUCHERS WORK! :downs:

Also: lolling at the Russian pissbaby's worst ever "I'm the best" party last night. Sad!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
lol again at our retard president and every subhuman piece of poo poo who voted for him.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

timp posted:

Wait, we missed some lols from Wednesday, gotta go back

quote:

Rather than a ceremony in the East Room or the Rose Garden, as past presidents have done, Trump invited the teachers into the Oval Office, where he asked them all to gather around him, standing, while he sat at his desk. In the crowd were first lady Melania Trump, Vice President Pence, second lady Karen Pence and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos. It was the first lady’s birthday, and the teachers sang “Happy Birthday” to her.

lol just what in the what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

armchairyoda posted:

Lol if you don't think 'publicans haven't been slowly dismantling all those things since Regan. VOUCHERS WORK! :downs:

Take a guess at who voted all these Republicans into office