Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yep, and that's why you put your reno money in to the kitchen if you want to at least break even. There's must less subject to taste in that room and it gets used constantly. Bathrooms are what you reno when you have money to piss away or you intend to stay in your house for another 10 years so you "get your money back" through use.

Man, I read 'reno money in the kitchen' and thought that's a great way to describe gambling on a remodel, vegas money must be the bathroom. Dissapoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Vegas is the ridiculous man-cave basement. Atlantic City is the bathroom, because you know it's just garbage, no matter what you do.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Baronjutter posted:

90% of the time these all-glass bathrooms are overlooking the water though, which means anyone in a boat can peep your dilz.

Sorry about ur peenz

Yeah that looks terrible. Lol

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_AkhEPRt_M At 2:46 is a good example of why you should never let water gently caress with your floor joists.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I honestly can't believe the OP wasted all that money to make some lovely ~trendy~ bathroom when the first one actually was functional and the second one is going to go out of style in like 2-4 years tops.

And he seems like the type that cares about that stupid poo poo.

CrazyTolradi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_AkhEPRt_M At 2:46 is a good example of why you should never let water gently caress with your floor joists.

Yeah we've had water manage to seep through before and thankfully caught it before it did this, but god drat it does this really fast.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Baronjutter posted:

90% of the time these all-glass bathrooms are overlooking the water though, which means anyone in a boat can peep your dilz.

Its ok op, I do dumb things all the time. One time i made a pizza roll enchilada, it was a horribly fantastic mistake, albeit a bit more frugal.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I honestly can't believe the OP wasted all that money to make some lovely ~trendy~ bathroom when the first one actually was functional and the second one is going to go out of style in like 2-4 years tops.

It's not even that the original bathroom was just functional, it was also nice and a very good use of space. OP is basically halving the amount of open space in the bathroom for some stupid wanker shower with 4 heads because getting clean with only one shower is hard or something?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Fuckin builder grade bullshit bitch. Can't have that in a ballin' crib.

OP, put sod under your tub. That way you can step on to the nice soft grass after your shower. Keep a lawn mower in your linen closet. Or buy a sheep.
Bonus, if you get a dog, it can poo poo and piss on it. Then you won't have to get up in the middle of the night to let it out.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

wesleywillis posted:

Fuckin builder grade bullshit bitch. Can't have that in a ballin' crib.

OP, put sod under your tub. That way you can step on to the nice soft grass after your shower. Keep a lawn mower in your linen closet. Or buy a sheep.
Bonus, if you get a dog, it can poo poo and piss on it. Then you won't have to get up in the middle of the night to let it out.

Better yet, buy an electric sheep!
Your Android can dream of it.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I just spent the last 3 hours powering through all 33 pages of this thread, and I only have one question:

Why, why, WHY did it take 31 loving pages for this

to make an appearance?????

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

wesleywillis posted:

who cares about the dog, we all know OP's gonna piss on his tub-lawn every time he's drunk.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I just spent the last 3 hours powering through all 33 pages of this thread, and I only have one question:

Why, why, WHY did it take 31 loving pages for this

to make an appearance?????

I swear it is somewhere else.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
This is the strangest argument.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Better yet, buy an electric sheep!
Your Android can dream of it.

I appreciate this.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Voight Kampf bath.

The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan
Put perforated gas pipe used for firepits under the rocks surrounding your tub. I am sure there's a way to engineer this safely

It would solve the mold problem and keep your tub water hot.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I suggested heating the rocks sooo long ago.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Gardenator posted:

Put perforated gas pipe used for firepits under the rocks surrounding your tub. I am sure there's a way to engineer this safely

It would solve the mold problem and keep your tub water hot.

You're a genius. The value of the house would soar! Women love having candles around the tub, and this gets you all the flames you want without having to clean up wax dribbles.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Bonus if you also hook up speakers to play O Fortuna every time you turn on the fire.

You know, just to set the mood.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

bEatmstrJ posted:

If my calculations are correct, this appears to be about a 120 gallon balcony. It also appears to be set in stone. Inspiring...

Just because this was last post on last page and I didn't want people to miss beatmaster paying himself out.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Hannibal Lecter's crock pot.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Hannibal Lecter's crock pot.

thats a great username

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Hannibal Lector would never use a crock pot.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Snak posted:

Eventually it will stop working, because stainless is a bitch to keep clean.

So if the go-to material for commercial kitchens and sterile medical applications is "a bitch to keep clean" could you please let me know what material should be used?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Motronic posted:

So if the go-to material for commercial kitchens and sterile medical applications is "a bitch to keep clean" could you please let me know what material should be used?

Commercial kitchens and hospitals are aggressively cleaned by teams of people multiple times a day. How big is your cleaning team and how many hours a week do they work?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Commercial kitchens and hospitals are aggressively cleaned by teams of people multiple times a day. How big is your cleaning team and how many hours a week do they work?

2, maybe 3 if you count the older kid, and very little, as a home kitchen doesn't need to be hospital sterile nor sees the usage and corresponding daily trashing of a commercial kitchen.

I'm trying to think of something easier to clean than smooth metal that doesn't rust, is stained by only a few things, damaged by even less that one would find in a typical kitchen and is non porous.

Are you saying that you know what this other magical material is too? I must be really out of the loop.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Snak posted:

Hannibal Lector would never use a crock pot.

this is also true

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Motronic posted:

2, maybe 3 if you count the older kid, and very little, as a home kitchen doesn't need to be hospital sterile nor sees the use of a commercial kitchen.

I'm trying to think of something easier to clean than smooth metal that doesn't rust, is stained by only a few things, damaged by even less that one would find in a typical kitchen and is non porous.

Are you saying that you know what this other magical material is too? I must be really out of the loop.

You're moving the goalposts. Nobody was talking about sterility until you. Stainless is hard to keep visually clean. Stainless in commercial kitchens and hospitals looks clean because they need it to be sterile. And you're being a smug rear end in a top hat so no, I will not help you google things. Enjoy living in Fort Fingerprints.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

You're moving the goalposts. Nobody was talking about sterility until you. Stainless is hard to keep visually clean. Stainless in commercial kitchens and hospitals looks clean because they need it to be sterile. And you're being a smug rear end in a top hat so no, I will not help you google things. Enjoy living in Fort Fingerprints.

:frogon:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

nice meltdown

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I see you're new to the D&D title scene.

Killer catchphrase, goonsir. Does microwave's mom climb the stairs in your house to serve you a glass of mangosteen while you sit at your ppppowerbook?

You realize you guys are circling the wagons to defend this guy's right to spend every waking moment wiping water spots off his kitchen walls, right?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Killer catchphrase, goonsir. Does microwave's mom climb the stairs in your house to serve you a glass of mangosteen while you sit at your ppppowerbook?

You realize you guys are circling the wagons to defend this guy's right to spend every waking moment wiping water spots off his kitchen walls, right?

nice meltdown

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

nah friend, you just come off as insufferably smug about your outright disdain for basically what is a lot of normal kitchens (including mine) that really arent a 12 man crew to clean. just really, you want to die on stainless steel hill?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it's a good place to die. easy to clean; won't leave any stains.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Stainless does have a reputation for getting finger-printy, but I really never found it particularly hard to manage. I don't have kids though, so my kitchens have always been a bit cleaner as a default anyway.

Our new appliances are GE's slate line, and they have an appearance similar to stainless, but don't get smudgy at all. Very nice.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

sneakyfrog posted:

really, you want to die on stainless steel hill?

New thread title pleas mods

edit

Prav posted:

it's a good place to die. easy to clean; won't leave any stains.

lol

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Slugworth posted:

Stainless does have a reputation for getting finger-printy, but I really never found it particularly hard to manage. I don't have kids though, so my kitchens have always been a bit cleaner as a default anyway.

It's got the reputation for fingerprints because people in general are dumb and don't clean properly. I have not seen any stainless that couldn't be cleaned to sparkling with a Simple Green scrub (using a cloth or Scotch Brite pad, depending on soil level), followed by a wipe down with Stoners Invisible Glass and a microfiber.

It's not hard at all, but easy to cry about, I guess.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Only people with no children and those crazy OCD women who put down "professional mother" as an occupation should ever even think about having a white or stainless steel kitchen at home. You can't keep it clean and if you have basic knowledge of food hygiene then it's simply not needed. But hey if you want to spend 2 hours a day cleaning to keep it looking all shiny then all power to you.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Seminal Flu posted:

It's got the reputation for fingerprints because people in general are dumb and don't clean properly. I have not seen any stainless that couldn't be cleaned to sparkling with a Simple Green scrub (using a cloth or Scotch Brite pad, depending on soil level), followed by a wipe down with Stoners Invisible Glass and a microfiber.

It's not hard at all, but easy to cry about, I guess.

Yep. Anyone who knows how to clean a car can maintain a stainless countertop and likely has all the stuff to do it.

learnincurve posted:

Only people with no children and those crazy OCD women who put down "professional mother" as an occupation should ever even think about having a white or stainless steel kitchen at home. You can't keep it clean and if you have basic knowledge of food hygiene then it's simply not needed. But hey if you want to spend 2 hours a day cleaning to keep it looking all shiny then all power to you.

Eh, it's all trade offs and compromises. Formica's cheap and easy to clean but wears out, granite requires special care, solid-surface stuff also requires care or just becomes dull plastic and isn't heatproof, butcher block is actually difficult to keep clean (unlike stainless steel which just gets fingerprints)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It's not that stainless is difficult to clean, it's just that it has to be cleaned constantly.

• Locked thread