Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I think Tarkin is some people's go-to empire character because he may have been starred up already for ship challenges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I think Tarkin is some people's go-to empire character because he may have been starred up already for ship challenges

for me at least It's this.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
He's also the Imp with the highest K/D.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
hey guys, Qb in-game. I cannot log into the game for some reason, haven't been in for two days. So you can drop me from the guild.

I'll try resetting the phone in a few days but I don't really have time to do it now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

Are they going to fix the Snowtrooper's AI so he's not an idiot on Auto Battle, though? It's been that way since the game launched.

What does he do on auto battle? He has a basic and an aoe, what does he do?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

What does he do on auto battle? He has a basic and an aoe, what does he do?

Just like old Anakin's (and current Asajj) aoe, he won't use his unless an enemy is at low HP because he gets a buff from killing them.

So he will pretty much never use it on auto battle.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Cadiem posted:

Any guilds have room? I added myself to that spreadsheet, and my code is 537-332-131.

QGJ is full but we have a super idle officer I've been trying to get the guild leader to boot. I'll try again and keep you posted.

e: nm we had a spot open.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 28, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Mr. Neutron posted:

Just like old Anakin's (and current Asajj) aoe, he won't use his unless an enemy is at low HP because he gets a buff from killing them.

Right, he will almost only use it at the very end of a stage when you've already won.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
Got it, thanks!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Huh. If I actually counted on him for damage, I might've noticed that...eventually...

He's not there for damage though. He's there for the 15% TM gain to all Empire Allies.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Trooper update is coming out next week.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/105540/imperial-trooper-updates#latest

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You mean my 7* Magmatrooper might actually be usable now?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

First glance: Shoretrooper is officially the Anti R2 tool that debuff-centric teams (Vader, Palp, etc.) need.
Snowtrooper is evil Lando? Give him enough crit and he aoe's the whole fight.
Stormtrooper is still bad.
Deathtrooper is whatever.
Magmatrooper... could be good? Not sure how hard he hits to make the upgraded basic worth it. Strong for Zader Rancor stuff I guess?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

CaptainPsyko posted:

First glance: Shoretrooper is officially the Anti R2 tool that debuff-centric teams (Vader, Palp, etc.) need.
Snowtrooper is evil Lando? Give him enough crit and he aoe's the whole fight.
Stormtrooper is still bad.
Deathtrooper is whatever.
Magmatrooper... could be good? Not sure how hard he hits to make the upgraded basic worth it. Strong for Zader Rancor stuff I guess?

I think Stormtrooper with Shore looks really really good? :shrug:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

oops wrong forum posted:

I think Stormtrooper with Shore looks really really good? :shrug:

I could be wrong! But I think he needs a whole lot more HP.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Are the Chirpatine teams on the spreadsheet up to date? Wondering because i'm not too far off from everyone elses but I can only do about 20k on P3 if i'm lucky.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
FYI CG is apparently going to fix Zader's TM bug in Rancor "soon" - hoping for a refund on the zetas but just know that this change probably knocks Zader out of the top 3 zetas and definitely not someone you want to first zeta now since his only use is going to be for HAAT at this point. Arena meta has left him behind and without being able to perform well in both raids its kind of a waste when you can zeta Kylo or Maul or Nihilius

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Highly unlikely they will refund a Zeta after they fix it to actually work as advertised. Unless there's some precedent I don't know about.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Vulpes posted:

Highly unlikely they will refund a Zeta after they fix it to actually work as advertised. Unless there's some precedent I don't know about.

Barriss arguably.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Are the Chirpatine teams on the spreadsheet up to date? Wondering because i'm not too far off from everyone elses but I can only do about 20k on P3 if i'm lucky.

Mine is, and I do about 300k each time.

How far off are you?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jerkface posted:

FYI CG is apparently going to fix Zader's TM bug in Rancor "soon" - hoping for a refund on the zetas but just know that this change probably knocks Zader out of the top 3 zetas and definitely not someone you want to first zeta now since his only use is going to be for HAAT at this point. Arena meta has left him behind and without being able to perform well in both raids its kind of a waste when you can zeta Kylo or Maul or Nihilius

Source? I'm slightly annoyed by this because I didn't realize Vader's rancor dominance was based on a bug until after I'd zeta'd him. On paper it seemed perfectly reasonable looking at his stats.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

Source? I'm slightly annoyed by this because I didn't realize Vader's rancor dominance was based on a bug until after I'd zeta'd him. On paper it seemed perfectly reasonable looking at his stats.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1041237/#Comment_1041237

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Mine is, and I do about 300k each time.

How far off are you?

Well Chirp is only at 7. But Emp, Sun Fac and STH are 10. RG is 9.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Well Chirp is only at 7. But Emp, Sun Fac and STH are 10. RG is 9.

Are they modded?

What are you doing as a rotation?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Are they modded?

What are you doing as a rotation?

They have mods but aren't totally optimal. And I taunt with STH then try to load up shock on the droids. Shock gets resisted about 50% of the time. RG taunts when STH gets low and they both go down pretty quick. SF taunts and usually is dead before I can get all my shocks up. I really don't know what to do with Chirpa other than have him there for his leader ability.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

They have mods but aren't totally optimal. And I taunt with STH then try to load up shock on the droids. Shock gets resisted about 50% of the time. RG taunts when STH gets low and they both go down pretty quick. SF taunts and usually is dead before I can get all my shocks up. I really don't know what to do with Chirpa other than have him there for his leader ability.

Get some potency on palpatine. That shouldn't resist but maybe once when you're loading shocks.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
P3 takes long enough to clear that you can retry until you get an optimal initial round (no misses or resists on ep's shock and rg's stun)

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Thinking of giving this game another whirl as other mobile games lose their shine. Does anyone know if there's a way to reset my account and start from level 1? I'd prefer to be just starting from scratch on a new shard, rather than be lapped for like half a year's worth of content by everyone on my old shard

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jenny Angel posted:

Thinking of giving this game another whirl as other mobile games lose their shine. Does anyone know if there's a way to reset my account and start from level 1? I'd prefer to be just starting from scratch on a new shard, rather than be lapped for like half a year's worth of content by everyone on my old shard

This is a really smart idea, although i'm not sure to go about it outside of linking to a different account

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like the only way is to register a new Game Center account, so I think I'm going to wait until I get bored of any other iOS games I'm playing right now that require Game Center logins and make a new one then. Fortunately, Fire Emblem Heroes is on a Nintendo account, so that one's safe

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Jenny Angel posted:

Looks like the only way is to register a new Game Center account, so I think I'm going to wait until I get bored of any other iOS games I'm playing right now that require Game Center logins and make a new one then. Fortunately, Fire Emblem Heroes is on a Nintendo account, so that one's safe

Since you're on iOS, you could start an account on the Android version; if you don't have an Android device, something like Memu would work.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

UmOk posted:

All 3 of your tanks need to have %protection mods on all 4 possible spots (arrow, triangle, cross, circle), period. They shouldn't be dying that fast.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

oops wrong forum posted:

All 3 of your tanks need to have %protection mods on all 4 possible spots (arrow, triangle, cross, circle), period. They shouldn't be dying that fast.

Can someone explain why protection is better than health? I feel like I should know this considering how long I've played.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

UmOk posted:

Can someone explain why protection is better than health? I feel like I should know this considering how long I've played.

In this case it's simple numbers, the mods get 23.5% protection each, while health is 5.88% So by having the 4 mods with prot primaries you almost double their protection. And since their protection goes up with every gear level, this bonus becomes very big.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

It's easier to boost by larger amounts with mods. The tradeoff is that health is easier to regenerate.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Ok that makes sense now. I have mostly been throwing mods on without much thought but I am trying to optimize now since that seems to be the only way to not suck. I hate mods but the crouching rancor tool is going to be a huge help.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Also, protection scales with gear level, not star level. So it's easier to get your 3* Shore/Baze into 60k EH territory by bumping their protection.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Game is working again, so thanks for not kicking me for these few days!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Tab has to work a bunch of overtime in the next few weeks so if she misses a day or so that is why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Jenny Angel posted:

I did this and resented grinding the same characters all over again. You also lose any of the event characters you've gotten that are hard to get otherwise. Since the meta is about to change again, you may not be as far behind as you think.