Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I bet my representation in your minds eye is flattering. ;-*

I can only ever see the old Adrian Peterson avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I bet my representation in your minds eye is flattering. ;-*

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

TBeats posted:

When I was in Afghanistan we had a cash for work program and child labor laws didn't mean poo poo so we had kids filling sandbags for us. And I'm talking like, 7 year olds.

Anyway we were out in the middle of nowhere and our only place to poo poo was in these big holes dug right in the center of our outpost.

Long story short I took a poo poo in front of like 60 kids.

What?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Met goons through TFR for gun stuff. Ended up being more about food though cause we all have a food problem with our gun budgets. Good gyros though.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Its 4:40 am. I'm stuck in Qatar because...well, I don't know. Waiting on a flight to Afghanistan that may never arrive. The only thing on TV is Fox News.

"Hoo-Ah!" is the sound a soul makes as it escapes the battered shell of a Soldier.

Where is my green wienie name tag mods?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Army dumb.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
That doesn't sound like the weenie, that just sounds like the regular army bullshit.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

J.A.B.C. posted:

1SG came around collecting funds for it, you don't have to have it but if you do want one it's $45 from Grunt Style.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

J.A.B.C. posted:

Its 4:40 am. I'm stuck in Qatar because...well, I don't know. Waiting on a flight to Afghanistan that may never arrive. The only thing on TV is Fox News.

"Hoo-Ah!" is the sound a soul makes as it escapes the battered shell of a Soldier.

i was talking to a field technician at work today and the subject of the army came up and he gave me a "hooah" at the end of the phone call

i just hung up

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

J.A.B.C. posted:

No one ever knows why they're in Qatar.

A friend of mine ended up in Qatar when he got sent back to the States from Afghanistan on emergency leave; he thought he was going to Kuwait and didn't find out where he actually was until, after a series of mishaps, he found himself in some Qatarian official's office trying to explain to a dude who barely spoke English how he had gotten into the country without a passport.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Is it wrong to think company live fire is legit fun as hell

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Mustang posted:

Is it wrong to think company live fire is legit fun as hell

only as long as you shoot all the nobles

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Ahahahahahahahahaha

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Naked Bear posted:

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Holy gently caress.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Dumb as gently caress, if real.

Also if real, why bother blocking out the commander's name? Any rear end in a top hat can google it and if the office symbol is accurate even easier.

E: also gently caress me the signature block spacing looks to be five instead of four, fuuuuck I might be infected with AR 25-50 autism.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
That's disrespectful as gently caress wow

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
it's also fake.

quote:

There has been a fake memorandum circulating regarding the wear of combat patches. Here is an official statement from Col Ellis, the 2d Cavalry Regiment Commander:
"I did not authorize a memorandum stating my Soldiers cannot wear their SSI (shoulder sleeve insignia). Soldiers are allowed to wear their combat patch in accordance with AR 670-1. A combat patch is a symbol of a Soldier's sacrifice, and I understand there are Soldiers who have not yet had the opportunity to serve on a combat tour, but I ensure you discrimination against those junior Soldiers will not be tolerated."

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
God drat it when will this fake new epidemic subside people

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Remember when you were in the army and you lived in the barracks and it would be 94 degrees outside but they still hadn't turned the AC on? So you were loving miserable? And you would watch the thermostat in your room show you the temperature and it would steadily climb...

81 degrees...

82 degrees...

83 degrees...

84 degrees...

85 degrees...

And you remember how at this point you would rip the thermostat off the wall and end up getting a $70 statement of charges to replace it?

What I'm saying is my AC went out in my house yesterday and I don't miss the army at all.

gently caress you if you're still in smdftb

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

You had AC in your barracks??

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Naked Bear posted:

You had AC in your barracks??

Had it in mine, it never worked properly. Just like our washers and dryers and showers.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

Ahahahahahahahahaha

I bet the future removal of skill badges and identifiers won't include the ranger tab. They'd have a riot.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

tastefully arranged labia posted:

I bet the future removal of skill badges and identifiers won't include the ranger tab. They'd have a riot.

Yeah, but they're gonna have to start somewhere. Maybe with combat patches, but it probably won't happen.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Get rid of the PT Badge :twisted:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
They could dump the deployment patch if they dumped the unit patch and those stupid patches of velcro on the sleeves and I don't think anyone except serious motoboners would care.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Dump the velcro altogether.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Get rid of the PT Badge :twisted:

I knew a lot of dudes who met the qualifications for that thing, but I never saw one in person. Does anyone actually wear it?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i saw like maybe 5 people ever wearing one and I just assumed they were huge loving motivated retards

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
there's a pt badge?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
If you're not making a joke, yeah there is and you sew it onto you and pt shirts and jacket lol

I think it's like 90 in each event or something

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

i saw like maybe 5 people ever wearing one and I just assumed they were huge loving motivated retards

I've seen maybe 10 people wear it ever after a decade of time in (gently caress me). Eight of those were in a unit where wearing it was made mandatory.

It is, indeed, 90 each event.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

If you're not making a joke, yeah there is and you sew it onto you and pt shirts and jacket lol

I think it's like 90 in each event or something

that sound dorky as poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

mlmp08 posted:

I've seen maybe 10 people wear it ever after a decade of time in (gently caress me). Eight of those were in a unit where wearing it was made mandatory.

sweet mandatory tax on soldiers hell yeah

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I think a majority of dudes I saw with it on were MFTs

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
oh i just looked it up and yeah we had a formation one morning to award those to some people. i always thought it looked like it was a special olympics badge.

other than that i never saw one.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

look at this motivated guy

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

look at this motivated guy

:laffo:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

oh i just looked it up and yeah we had a formation one morning to award those to some people. i always thought it looked like it was a special olympics badge.

other than that i never saw one.

We award them via the ceremony of an NCO handing off the certificate and badge to privates, then the privates never sewing it on. But they get like 5 promotion points I guess, for taking a PT test, so woooo?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
did they change the point system again because for awhile there a max pt score was like 100pts, or was it 75 for that and 75 for marksmanship I dont remember and I am glad I don't anymore because that means I'm out and life owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

did they change the point system again because for awhile there a max pt score was like 100pts, or was it 75 for that and 75 for marksmanship I dont remember and I am glad I don't anymore because that means I'm out and life owns

there was an extended scale that they got rid of right around the time i came in