Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit: Hooray. This is a bit better.

The fearsom General Zoddo

All avatar-sized if anybody wants them.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wish there was a better scan of this.
From NES Superman's manual.

I just don't understand how that game got made.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Tweet at Frank Cifaldi on Twitter. He might be able to help you out if you ask nicely.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Are Zoara or Jay Falk supposed to be actual comic characters? Also, Ghost Cat deserves a full company crossover where it's the villain.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Zeeman posted:

Are Zoara or Jay Falk supposed to be actual comic characters? Also, Ghost Cat deserves a full company crossover where it's the villain.

Jay Falk was a mobster with a single appearance, apparently.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

dont even fink about it posted:

This is really a rare gift in that every panel is amazing.

That panel art (the actual panel art on the Kra-Van) is brilliant.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

All avatar-sized if anybody wants them.

I want all of them.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I'd totally be part of Lex Luthor's gang if I could look as cool as those guys!

Ghost Cat is I don't know what

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Lurdiak posted:

I just don't understand how that game got made.

It was the 80s. :shrug:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Ghost Cat is I don't know what

He is a ghost and also a cat.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I can't get over Jughead Olsen and Lex Weatherbee

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

haitfais posted:

It was the 80s. :shrug:

Translation: cocaine

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Man, this is the gift that keeps on giving:

I didn't know this game existed. The humor value alone makes it way better than most superman games.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Look up the start and end of the game.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

joehonkie posted:

Man, this is the gift that keeps on giving:

I didn't know this game existed. The humor value alone makes it way better than most superman games.

I didn't realize Superman was an Animorph.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Big fan of Rascal and Ghost Cat. Can't wait for the team-up miniseries.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

I didn't realize Superman was an Animorph.

Needs a more horrifying mid-transition for a real animorph vibe.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Look up the start and end of the game.

A stunning likeness of Terrence Stamp.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
I actually had that game as a kid. It was kind of okay (barely). Most of Superman's powers were in it, and some of the parts seemed to be inspired by the movies (in the third part of the game you end up fighting a giant computer that's been manipulating stock prices, which is kind of like Superman III).

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

joehonkie posted:

A stunning likeness of Terrence Stamp.

Or, y'know. The part where Superman's getting his orders from the Statue of Liberty.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Or, y'know. The part where Superman's getting his orders from the Statue of Liberty.

That part should have been made canon.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Zeeman posted:

I'm trying to figure out Zoara, but I think it'd be a safe bet to assume she's just a misspelled version of Faora, according to whose wiki page:

Wikipedia posted:

Following the Crisis on Infinite Earths, another Faora (renamed Zaora) appeared in the Pocket Universe created by the Time Trapper, along with General Zod and Quex-Ul.[3] The three tricked the Pocket Universe's Lex Luthor into releasing them from the Phantom Zone. After the Pocket Earth's population continued to resist their conquest of it, the three villains destroyed the atmosphere, killing almost all life.

From what I find, though, those issues were released circa Fall of 1988 and the NES game came out in the US around Dec 1988, but it was released in Japan a year earlier in Dec 1987. (Jay Falk, however, apparently makes his debut in May 1987)

It's possible that the member of the Zoddo Trio is "Ursa" of the films and Zoara is being treated as "Faora/Zaora" of the comics. If we could find a Japanese copy of the instructions, it might have a different name listed for the character if she was originally something else entirely, though. To throw another oddity of around the same time the game and the Zaora rename in the comic occurred, a new animated (and short-lived) Superman show started on CBS during Fall of 1988 where Zod's team consisted of Ursa and Faora.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 1, 2017

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Now I feel like watching the Limozeen cartoon again.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Gavok posted:

Now I feel like watching the Limozeen cartoon again.

The what?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The Superman game is pretty fun for what it is. My local video store when I was a kid had a copy that was bugged where you'd never lose your final pip of health on the life bar, so you could just go forever giving pansy punches as clark kent to the whole universe. You needed x-ray vision to see the ghosts however, so I got stuck partway through.

Funny enough the copy of Battle Of Olympus (the Greek Mythology flavored Zelda 2 knockoff) I bought from a separate closing mom and pop had the same bug in it.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Limozeen: but They're in Space!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This one.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Injustice 2 #4

Context: Several years before the first game's story took place, Superman snapped and beat Green Arrow to death. Black Canary (pregnant with Ollie's baby) plotted to take Superman down the following year. She failed and was horribly wounded. Dr. Fate decided he couldn't sit back and allow her to die, so he smuggled her into another dimension where that world's Dinah Lance died years earlier, leaving behind a grieving Oliver Queen. The two fell for each other and raised Dinah's child in that dimension.

With Superman's regime taken down, Dinah and Oliver are brought to the Injustice universe where Batman is trying to rebuild the world with the help of the late Lex Luthor's fortune and a list of allies.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Her boots clearly have kneepads.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Black Canary's kneepads are just wadded-up fishnets.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't want an alternate universe version of me to have complete control of my estate.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Skwirl posted:

I don't want an alternate universe version of me to have complete control of my estate.

Then try not to get murdered by Superman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Prude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pureauthor posted:

Then try not to get murdered by Superman.

Good advice for all of us.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The fact Superman didn't confiscate his estate and build a plush Villa with the funds proves he was a terrible dictator.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

CharlestheHammer posted:

The fact Superman didn't confiscate his estate and build a plush Villa with the funds proves he was a terrible dictator.

Maybe that's where he got the money to build that really comfortable chair. Which is not an Evil Throne.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also you should post the son's reaction to the news.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That being married bit is really awkward.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Pureauthor posted:

Also you should post the son's reaction to the news.

Meanwhile:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
:spergin: but isn't the deal with red sunlight that it crowds out yellow sunlight, not that it's kryptonite to him? Like, once they had him squirreled away underground that should have been it unless someone specifically broke him out.