Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mister Facetious posted:

So I was at my brother's playing MK8D with him and his kids, and holy loving poo poo- when did the A.I. get so spitefully aggressive at loving the players?

My last experiences with the franchise was MK, MK64, MK-GBA, and MKDS, and I swear the game never hate hosed me like this game does on the higher difficulties.

This is hilariously toned down from the Wii MK. So never player that one if you don't want to rage. Feels great to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Rexroom posted:

Some bad news, folks. Shaq Fu: The Legend Reborn isn't coming to the Wii U. The good news: It's coming to the Switch instead.

Between this and the Night Trap rerelease, what is going on

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Jesus I bought a usb dongle and lan cable and even that won't let me connect to online multiplayer in mario kart 8 deluxe :(

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
When the gently caress is Nintendo turning the switch on the virtual console on the switch WHEN THE FUCKKKKKKK

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Calaveron posted:

When the gently caress is Nintendo turning the switch on the virtual console on the switch WHEN THE FUCKKKKKKK

Hell... agreed

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mario kart would be a better game without rubber banding and half the power ups.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Oh boy, my copy of Zelda and my case just came in. If we're still doing case chat, the Butterfox case looks and feels pretty solid and probably doesn't have any surprises to it, but it smells like a new pair of shoes in the least pleasant way possible. I'm going to air this fucker out before I use it for sure.

My Switch still hasn't arrived, but I guess I could.. pass the time tasting the cartridge.. You know, just to see what the fuss is about.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wanna play cool N64 and SNES and NES and GBA and GBC and GB games on the go GOD loving DAMMIT NINTENDO just loving make them available

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe when they see how popular Marry-O Kart is they will let us taste the virtual console.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, I want a lot of GC games too because they're really expensive and hard to find now. Paper Mario: TTYD is a game I've been waiting to play for a long rear end time now.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Especially since like half the eshop is 20 year old Neo Geo ports.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Also, they really need to revamp the eshop. There are some games where if you don't know their name or haven't heard of them, you will never find them. The only categories are recent, and popular. If a game isn't recent and isn't popular, you have to search for it by typing the exact name. We need categories and a complete A-Z list.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Jesus I bought a usb dongle and lan cable and even that won't let me connect to online multiplayer in mario kart 8 deluxe :(

Hard reset your Switch

Hold power button down wait for menu to pop up
Select 'Power Options'
Shut down Switch, then boot it back up.

Ta-dah, working online.

Calaveron posted:

It's gonna be an E3 Direct "Surprise it's live as of right now" deal.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Empress Brosephine posted:

Mario kart would be a better game without rubber banding and half the power ups.

Tbh even just changing the item drop odds would help a ton. I don't think there should be a blue shell every race.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm going to call it right now. No virtual console in 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

parallelodad posted:

They have to release it by fall in order to have a nes/snes game available for online subscribers.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I was playing with my brother last night and he had the blue shell target him in multiple races when he was in 7th or lower. What gives? The race was basically over, is it because he was "first" of the people who hadn't finished yet?

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Housh posted:

The PDP case was horrible garbage that I had to return. Thankfully the store just got a bunch of HORI cases which is exactly what I wanted it. It's a tiny bit more bulky but rugged enough to survive a drop. Plus it looks nice.

Same story here. The PDP backpack is great but the case feels like lovely cardboard, returned it for RDS's heavier duty case with space cut out for the Joy-Con triggers.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Mario kart just sucks is all.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The blue shell has always been pretty fair with me especially now that there's a super horn. If you're in front away from the pack you can get pretty drat far ahead otherwise picking up coins and such.

The super horn was pretty useless in vanilla 8 but with double item boxes here, I'm finding it more useful since I have safely get rid of an item while still keeping a shield for red shells and having a higher chance of getting one while in first.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 30, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cojawfee posted:

Actually its cool and good

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

parallelodad posted:

Nah. I'm expecting an "It's available...right now!" thing at E3. (Two months from now)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

lol

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Cojawfee posted:

If you were a Mario Kart track you'd be Grumble Volcano

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Three of us got together last night to play some local wireless play and discovered the wireless on the Switch is buggy as poo poo. It seems like it doesn't like mesh networks really at all. I have Google wifi and it's been solid as hell for other devices.

However, with three Switches, we kept having issues with the lobby disappearing for one of us or random "Communication Errors" in the middle of races. It basically made local wireless play unusable even though we were all only about 10 feet line-of-sight from an access point. Two people seemed solid enough and would continue to work, but with 3 players one would always drop (didn't matter which.)

What we eventually had to do is Friends Only Online Mulitplayer and that worked for hours on end without problems. So, the three of us had to round trip on the internet in order to play when we were all in the same room.

Also discovered that the Switch doesn't set any kind of hostname when it connects to the network which just seems rinky-dink amateur hour stuff. Maybe, someday, Nintendo will learn how to do this whole networking thing properly.

Once we got it working though, we had a shitton of fun.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Patter Song posted:

Nah. I'm expecting an "It's available...right now!" thing at E3. (Two months from now)

Nintendo isn't going to E3.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Cojawfee posted:

is being wrong painful

it looks like it hurts.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

They're doing a Direct.

Tomato tomatoe

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
If they make a WiiU virtual console do you think they'll sell Mario Kart 8 and BoTW in it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They are doing their normal thing at E3, full floor space, treehouse, online presentation. Just no live press conference.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

Do you feel like you're in some sort of competition for crustiest grumpus in the thread or something?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Tender Bender posted:

I was playing with my brother last night and he had the blue shell target him in multiple races when he was in 7th or lower. What gives? The race was basically over, is it because he was "first" of the people who hadn't finished yet?

Yes, you are exactly right

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

they are doing a treehouse announcement at e3 just like theyve done for a while

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hopefully they have more than one game to show unlike last year.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

There's one game and its ARMS

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

parallelodad posted:

They are doing their normal thing at E3, full floor space, treehouse, online presentation. Just no live press conference.

But without a live press conference there's no chance of funny technical failures.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

But without a live press conference there's no chance of funny technical failures.

I think Directs are ultimately better because you can just focus on what needs to be said, no technical hiccups like you say, no cringe-induced stage announcers doing stupid poo poo, and no nervous as hell devs with their obvious need to tell everyone about his string fetish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZvXNXc6ibw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like that dude was so loving nervous it was insane.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I bought Unravel because of the cute nervous dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I bought Unravel because of the cute nervous dude

I don't know if it was endearing to a lot of people, but he def had 0 stage presence and poo poo like a Direct ultimately serves a game better as you get straight to the point with a little intro (That can be filmed numerous times until it's usable) by the devs, and you just get on with the drat thing.

The Sony, Ubisoft, and Microsoft presentations are always these overblown productions with the cringiest loving over-the-top productions

Just show the drat games people.

• Locked thread