Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Aesclepia posted:

This is another bad writing that really got to me. Like, why are you so ridiculously upset about the self-sacrifice of this old man who just said "hey it's ok I'd rather not get so old I go insane" when MurderDad said "you have to kill him". You weren't even this visibly upset that YOUR MOTHER died.

As is the trope with the majority of idealistic pacifist protagonists it's not just about the deaths you don't cause it's also about the deaths you prevent. Corrin failed to prevent the Rainbow Sages death, thus...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aesclepia posted:

This is another bad writing that really got to me. Like, why are you so ridiculously upset about the self-sacrifice of this old man who just said "hey it's ok I'd rather not get so old I go insane" when MurderDad said "you have to kill him". You weren't even this visibly upset that YOUR MOTHER died.

I dunno, she got so angry she transformed into a near-invincible dragon. I'd say that counts for something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Man, these previews spoil things even more once you beaten a path, because there's a lot of "This battle...but NOHR STYLE!"

It would seem she successfully captured Notre Sagesse for the glory of Nohr. As for the Rainbow Sage, she didn't kill him with her own hands... However, as ordered, the Sage is dead.
So the ancient one has finally passed on... Once more, Corrine has dutifully fulfilled my wishes.

King Garon? Milord?
HA HA HA HA HA! MWA HA HA HA HAAA!!!
Your majesty?!
... Iago.
Y-yes, sire?
I have an important mission for you. I command you...

"Don't kill her. I'm bored of just trying to kill her after first 20 times."

But no matter what, no matter how she begs for death, do not kill her.
As you wish, sire, but... I'm not entirely sure I understand your aim.

For once, I agree with Iago. Conquest, what are you doing to me

I do not need you to understand, only to obey. Loyal servant... it is of grave importance that I rule Hoshido. Corrine's life and happiness are a trifling price to pay.

Corrine's body and soul must be tested... primed for what is to come. Like a calf fattened for slaughter, so too shall these trials prepare her. My dear daughter is not ready, but her time is fast approaching. Corrine has faithfully followed my orders thus far, but it's time for a test.

Her sorrow will feed the darkness in her soul. And her suffering will make her a worthy sacrifice upon the altar of Anankos.

...oh my god, that's the reason why Corrine will live in this route.

It's literally Garon trolling her for 20 chapters.

I understand, King Garon. It shall be done, with pleasure.
In fact, I have an idea...

*Meanwhile, back with Corrine's team*

If we keep up this pace, we'll be back at the castle in just a few days.
Th-that's good... I'm at the end of my rope. Can't wait to sleep in my own bed.
Ha ha, poor Elise. You've been through a lot on this journey, haven't you? I've asked so much of you, and you've never complained once. You're an inspiration. Just hang in there a bit longer for me, OK? We'll be back home before you know it.
You got it, Corrine! I promise I won't let you down!

*Azura and Corrine continues walking*

OH NO

Elise? Are you OK, little one?
I don't... feel so well. Why is... everything... spinning... *gasp*

*Elise collapses*

ELISE!

This looks familiar.

Gods, she's burning up!
Dizziness, fever... Ah, and a rash, too. Just as I feared...
Azura, what is it?! Have you seen these symptoms before?

It's the animal cooties! Wait, we haven't seen any yet.

Unless I'm mistaken, she is suffering from an illness endemic to the islands. She must have been exposed to it while we were in Notre Sagesse.

What. How. Are only little girls allergic to it?

The illness progresses quickly. If we don't act fast... we may lose her. There's a special plant in Hoshido that I could derive a cure from, however... I'm sorry, but... I don't believe there's anything like it here in Nohr.

Welp, RIP Elise.

"Not like that Rainbow Sage that died willingly and peacefully on his own! NEVER AGAIN"

Corrine! We just received new orders from Iago.
Now?! Are you kidding me? We don't have time for this. What is it Father requires of me?
He apparently wishes to reward you for your success in Notre Sagesse.

Maybe there will be people there this time.

Rest? Can it be?
Thank goodness. I was afraid he was going to order me to kill again. Perhaps they can help Elise there... it's our only hope.
What do you mean? Is there something wrong with the princess?
She caught a deadly ailment while we were on our last mission. Azura can cure her with a special plant, but it only grows in Hoshido...
Don't worry, Corrine. Macarath will surely have what she needs.

Oh, how convenient. That line about Hoshido is immediately negated.

Will they, Silas? How do you know?
The best doctors in all the land can be found in Macarath. Their stock of medicines is unrivaled.
We must hurry, Corrine. She doesn't have much time...
Let's move it people! To Macarath! Hang in there, Elise...

*Time passes*

But why is there a crowd at the entrance...

Yay, there ARE people this time!

Wait... th-that's not just any crowd. It's the Hoshidan army! And they're not alone...

gently caress

How. Why.

Ryoma...
It's been a while, Sister. I haven't seen you since that fateful day on the border. I see you've become a faithful Nohrian dog since then. Your master must be proud.
I don't wish to argue, Ryoma. How did you know we were coming to Macarath?
That doesn't concern you. All you need to know is how fast you can draw your blade.

My sister, Elise, is gravely ill. If we don't treat her right away, she'll die.
The Nohrian princess is sick, is she? I can tell she means a lot to you. Well then, I believe a trade is in order. Her life for yours. Come back to Hoshido with me, and I shall withdraw my troops immediately.

Oh Ryo, you don't know what kind of plot you're dealing with.

You know I can't do that. Please, have mercy.
Your only other option is to fight me, here and now. Ready your blade, Corrine. Show me what you're made of.
Ryoma, stop this! Please! There must be another way. Although I fight for Nohr, I do not wish to be an enemy of Hoshido. I wish for nothing but peace. Please believe me, Brother.
Ha! More empty words. Even if that were true, I doubt that monster you call a father shares the sentiment.

He's not wrong

Also kinda not wrong

If the sting of my blade is the only way to bring you back to your senses, so be it.
Ryoma! Don't do this!
I won't back down today, Sister. You're coming home. Now. Prepare to witness firsthand my blade's true power... As the high prince of Hoshido, I order you to surrender! HYAAAAH!!
Argh!

*Two figures arrive*

*Lasow and Peri exchange blows with Ryoma*

Heh, looks like we made it just in the nick of time. I'm glad to find you unharmed, milady.
Aw, phooey. I didn't get any stabby-stabby time in. At least we saved you.
Thanks for your help, but who are you?

My liege, Lord Xander, sent us here to watch your back.
I'm Peri! P for pulverize, E for eviscerate, R for ruin, I for impale! Kee hee! Laslow and I are Lord Xander's retainers. He's really worried about you!

Is that why Leo has nutcases as retainers. To mimic Xander.

That sounds like Xander. Thank you for your assistance, friends.
Ah, so you're Prince Xander's retainers. That explains a lot. Your master taught you well if you were able to deflect my attacks like that. But my retainers are just as strong, and their cause is much more noble. You may harbor my sister, but I won't make this easy on you, Nohrians.
Troops! Prepare for battle!

Ryoma...
It's no use. I know that look in his eyes... it's the same one I have! It means he's raring to fight.
Please don't look so glum, milady. It's bad for morale. It's always best to smile during times of hardship, even if you don't feel like it. It will make you feel better, I swear it. Give it a try!

"I once tried to cheat on a dragon and she almost ate me. This is nothing in comparison!"

I'm sorry, Laslow. I know you're right, but I won't be able to smile until Elise is safe. We need to get her medical attention right away, but-

She's in bad shape, Laslow. She doesn't have much time.
Hee hee, then let's gut these fools quickly and save our princess! I'm gonna stabby-stab every last one of them! It'll be SO FUN!
Your enthusiasm has been... noted. But do all you can to avoid taking any lives, OK? (Sheesh, where do my siblings find these crazy retainers, anyway?)

I have a better chance of using Ryoma in Birthright than Peri avoiding killing anyone and making it believable

If you wish it so, so it shall be. I agree that it's always best to secure a win without needlessly sacrificing lives.
Awww, that's not FAIR! I was all ready to get my killface on. Phooey. Whatever, I'll do my best. I guess hitting things will have to suffice.
Thank you, friends. I'm glad to have you on my side.
Ryoma, my brother... I do not wish to fight you, but you've left me no other option. I will not let Elise die, and I can't return to Hoshido either...

By the way, Corrine doesn't wear pants just like her sister Camilla

On first glance, not so bad. It's just navigating breakable pots that make up the whole map.

But the pots do stuff

quote:

A "Medicine" pot is a light green color which upon being destroyed, gives all nearby units in a 2 tile radius around the pot various stat increases (either as tonic boosts or simply "status" effects) or heals nearby units.

"Poison" pots are more common and are all over the map. Upon being destroyed, it will either cause one of the following:
-Slightly damage units for a percentage of their hitpoints.
-Debuff two random stats by 5, which restores at a rate of 1 per turn.
-Causes one of the following effects:
-Silences units regardless if they have magic equipment on them or not.
-Freeze them on the spot.
-Puts a Hex on units (cuts their hitpoints by half until chapter ends)

FUN. Also I have 16 turns to beat this map. And Elise is gone so Jakob is my only healer.

I have one slot left for deployment, and it's between two universal characters that made it to endgame in Birthright. Who stays, Kaze or Silas?

Voting will end in a few hours.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

And this is why Ryoma is an asshat.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

And this is why Ryoma is an asshat.

Also why I benched Elise for like 10 chapters

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
So people see Arthur and think "Oh, The Nohr siblings have a bunch of good retainers keeping them on the up and up!"

Then you meet Niles who's... not morally great.

Then you meet Beruka who is an assassin and makes no bones about it.

Finally, you meet Peri, who is a psychopath and wonder what the hell is even going on. Why is she... what?!?

Also, POTTTTTTTS!

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
I kinda love Peri and her complete psychopathy. Also, her bubblegum hair. Too bad she never pans out stat-wise for me.

See, if there was more of this morally ambiguous behavior from the Hoshidans in all the paths, it wouldn't be so lopsided. Tl;dr if the writing was only better...

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

And thus, we have our first example of why the Nohrian siblings are better than the Hoshido ones.

There will be more.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Someone's going to have to explain to me how this makes Ryoma worse than the Nohr siblings, because I'm not seeing it.

Yeah, he's willing to let Elise die if Corrin(e) doesn't return to Hoshido. That's kinda hosed up. But he's also willing to peacefully withdraw his troops and allow Elise to receive the medical aid she needs if Corrin(e) willingly returns, and because of what we saw of him on the Birthright path, we know he's honorable enough that he would stick to his word on that.

Meanwhile, Xander, Camilla and Leo have all been demonstrated to be completely fine with murdering the poo poo out of absolutely anyone who gets in the way of them having their precious Corrin(e) all to themselves and will absolutely not compromise on that ever until after you beat the fight out of them, twice in Camilla's case and lethally in Xander's. Also, Leo was straight up perfectly willing to murder Corrin(e) himself before we knocked some friendship into him and he gave us that free mass teleport book.

But, no, clearly Ryoma is the rear end in a top hat here because...? :confused:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ah, my wife, Peri. she owns

love that bubble-gum hair

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
This situation could have been resolved diplomatically if someone pointed that that, apparently, Corrin's army has never killed a single person. That'd have to be enough proof for anybody. Unless Ryoma thinks that the reports are fake or the soldiers were brainwashed, too.
Because brainwashing must be the reason why someone doesn't agree with my assumptions, especially if it's a person I've known for a whole week :downs:(but with Ryoma's lobster armor)

Edit: \/\/ That's a fair point. My eagerness to criticize the writing sometimes causes me to ignore some of the better written parts.

SweaterGear fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 29, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Garon murdered their queen and blew up their capital. Returning to them after all that is either her being a traitor or that she was tampered by outside sources. Saying she was brainwashed is actually his hope that she's not total mini-murder princess.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
People usually don't talk about this chapter, but I've found it one of the harder ones in the game. I mean, not as hard as chapter 10, but you're out your best healer and a time limit (that's a bit tighter than you'd think.)

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Camel Pimp posted:

People usually don't talk about this chapter, but I've found it one of the harder ones in the game. I mean, not as hard as chapter 10, but you're out your best healer and a time limit (that's a bit tighter than you'd think.)

I've always found that it looks difficult on paper, but really isn't too tough if you just full steam ahead. The pots aren't nearly as big a deal as you think they are.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
...I'm speechless. This actually feels out of character for Ryoma. I mean, I can understand him slaughtering enemies wholesale in battle, but doing so in order to prevent them from SAVING A LIFE?! This just feels like the writers making up an excuse to have you fight him RIGHT NOW despite his characterization. If I didn't know better, I'd think Iago disguised some Nohrian as Ryoma for this map... and to be perfectly honest, I'm not 100% sure I know better.

Anyway, Laslow is Inigo, obviously, which means he annoys me; meanwhile, Peri creeps me out (what can I say, every murderous psychopath does that to me).

And of course, Conquest imposes a time limit on you where Birthright didn't; while it makes sense story-wise, it's pretty bad for gameplay, in my opinion.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
:pwn: Not only does the FeMC not get shoes, she doesn't even get pants? God, the Lord design really did get worse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Silas is gone forever. You had your massively useful time last route, and now Kaze ironically is one of the best units in Conquest because there's not 10 characters just as fast as him.

I miss our homeland. You know the one. It's so very out of reach

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Also he's a mage killer with the things they actually want, like, you know, 1-2 range combat and weapon triangle advantage.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Tae posted:

Owain, you colossal dork. :allears:

But yeah, gently caress Ryoma and pretty much everyone in Hoshido. I actually managed to kill him here with Effie. It's not easy.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Last Celebration posted:

Also he's a mage killer with the things they actually want, like, you know, 1-2 range combat and weapon triangle advantage.

And he doesn't even sacrifice the ability to double or crit for that! In fact, if there's one thing Kaze is good at, it's doubling. The debuffs are a great bonus, too- when he doesn't have any mages to assassinate he can just hit something tough and instantly make it significantly less so for your other units.

McGwee
May 1, 2012

I hope I can word this right, but I actually liked the scene where Inigo and Peri jump in. It sorta shows why they're the Crown Prince's retainers and not just soldiers of the army. Ryoma's didn't really come across that way... I think. Birthright sorta blurred for me. I played Conquest before Birthright so...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ryoma's retainers were just randos you got really early on, yeah.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tae posted:

:allears:

I wonder if when creating the kids in Awakening they had a "canon" pairing in mind.
Because I can totally believe Owain and Henry cooking up a curse such as this one after Lissa accidentally mentioning that she had a nightmare once.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

McGwee posted:

I hope I can word this right, but I actually liked the scene where Inigo and Peri jump in. It sorta shows why they're the Crown Prince's retainers and not just soldiers of the army. Ryoma's didn't really come across that way... I think. Birthright sorta blurred for me. I played Conquest before Birthright so...

Ryoma's two retainers each both showed up at the end of a chapter (different chapters, though), with one of them having been kidnapped until just then, to try to explain why they never mentioned her before.

In fact, they get more focus during Conquest than Birthright.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 30, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kagero was captured by the Mokushuku ninjas while Ryoma was galloping with Scarlet, and Saizo had a whole sub-plot about how the Mokushuku leader killed his father, a thing you would completely miss if Saizo never fought the leader.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Peri personally is at least kind of okay as a character, what with why she is like she is having at least somewhat of an explanation. Shame about her supports making a bunch of her support partners look like absolutely terrible people (yes, this shockingly includes Corrin. Be amazed). Xander especially comes off looking like absolute garbage, given he specifically selected her to be his retainer.

Inigo is Inigo, nothing has really changed there.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
My favorite support with Peri is probably with Jacob.

Anyway, glad we finally have all the Awakening retainers on hand.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So long, Silas. You are for some reason really involved in the plot of Conquest, but not in battle. Unfortunate, but one of the Birthright endgame units had to go.

So mystery pots litter the map with permanent buffs, temp debuffs, and permanent debuffs. The only indicator on what a pot does is Medicine or Poison for good and bad respectively. Thankfully, enemies will never break pots so they act as makeshift walls.

There's also two units that join the party to make up for Elise being out temporarily.

PSkill: Fancy Footwork-Strength and Speed +1 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the “Rally” command is used

Laslow is much better in hitting things than Selena, but has worse speed and defense. But it's a general problem of having two mediocre classes in Mercenary being on the team more than the characters themselves. It might not be a coincidence that their reclass options are much better than their default classes.

PSkill: Bloodthirst-When user triggers the battle and defeats the enemy, Strength, Magic, Skill and Speed +4 for one turn

On basic appliance, Peri's PSkill makes sure she doesn't get doubled by most things when she kills an enemy. With Azura at hand, Peri becomes one of the best offensive units. As for her stats, she's a balanced Cavalier with slight advantage on speed over Silas who's basically a horse tank.

Pretty much the best advice for this mission is to stack as many high-defensive units on a 2 tile radius of this pot, because it gives +4 DEF.

However, there's the downside that enemies won't attack you because of Conquest AI so in some ways, that pot was a curse.

Odin and Peri clear the initial Samurais.

Now if you noticed on the map, I could've gone to the right side path and that would've been much easier. However, I miss out on an item I can't buy in stores.

Beruka kills the ninja with Kaze's help as she sets herself up to counter this Ninja pair.

Welcome to the "Kill Effie" pair, as Saizo has Flame Shuriken while Kagero has her signature Sting Shuriken.

Scary. Saizo usually attacks ahead of Kagero, which is annoying because she's a bigger problem with Grisly Wound+Vantage.

You got strength, what the hell else you want?

Saizo drops a Flame Shuriken, the item I was talking about earlier.

Corrine vs. Saizo

Fight me, Corrine. It must be destiny that we meet again. Last time we were interrupted… but this time you won’t be so lucky. Let us settle this fair and square.
I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Kaze vs. Saizo

Kaze... I never thought I'd live to see my own brother betray us. As your twin, and a proud ninja serving the great kingdom of Hoshido... I want you to know that I am truly ashamed of you and your actions.
Saizo, we have been close since the moment we were born. I never wished to disappoint you, but I stand by my decision.
Say what you will---I have no regrets. I proudly side with Corrine.
You are a fool, Brother. I will show you the error of your ways!

Kaze blows up the pot for a resistance boost and to start piling in the hole.

Corrine vs. Kagero

As Lord Ryoma’s retainer, it is my duty to follow his every order. He wishes to take you back to Hoshido, and so it must be done.
I refuse. You may attempt to take me by force, but it won’t end well.
You sound most determined. This should be interesting…

I hate Vantage so much.

Effie clears out a couple ninjas and gains strength for the bilionth time.

As Niles eliminates another ninja, note this Dragon Vein. This blows up all the pots in the map. If you are prepared to blitzkrieg and handle 20 units suddenly free to fight you, keep in mind a lot of them will have the buff pots on them.

Some will have their HP halved, but it's not a good time. Even Effie buffed by a defensive pot will instantly die.

Effie snipes yet another kill, then the group slowly moves in while a Priestess spams Silence on my guys. I have Jakob stay just out of range because missing healing is really bad for me right now.

Effie one-shots again, while Kaze and Laslow eliminate the other Samurai.

Dragon Corrine and Arthur take defensive positions against the Spear Fighters on the right. And hey, Arthur isn't risk at dying instantly to a single prick!

There's a team of Apothecaries with Steel Yumi's. Bad news is that one of them has Lunge, which will pull a unit into a deathpile because that nearby Spear Fighter will first inflict Seal Defense. The plan is to just whittle down some enemies so the dogpile can't instant-kill someone.

Arthur and Corrine clean up their batch of Spear Fighters. The lack of speed is starting to hurt Arthur, because he's certainly not bulky enough to survive doubles.

He'd actually be decent in Birthright just because there's lots of ways to fix up his speed there and he's not in competition with Camilla and slightly worse Camilla.

Oh, just in case you didn't have enough on your plate to finish this in 16 turns, here's enemy reinforcements that's going to pincer you in. Granted, they pretty much will take the whole turn limit to get to you but it's more to punish you for trying to get the treasure chests.

Effie takes out an Apothecary, then gets Danced to a spot where she eats a Lunge with minimal impact.

That's like kill 15 for Effie on this map, right?

I need to break at least ONE pot to proceed, and being Silenced might as well not be an effect for these two.

Almost as strong as Corrine!

This side of the upper map is relatively harmless. You have to go out of your way to get involved against them, with Silence and long range healing being the only "punishment" for not dealing with it.

It's kinda absurd when compared that Beruka as as much defense as Effie. Also, Beruka got to C rank axes so she can use the Dual Club in the future.

This is the most complicated massacre within a small space. Seriously, I'm involving like maybe 60% of the map at best here.

After Niles eliminates two ninjas via Dance, I get a view of what awaits me at the end. Two Samurais with Kodachi, one droppable, and Ryoma.

Funnily enough, Ryoma doesn't have any special bullshit like Takumi outside of Inspiration, which doesn't affect him. He's just really loving strong because he is the most powerful Fates character.

That Priestess in the right corner has Entrap. Which out for that.

Despite how it looks, it'll still take this mob of Apothecaries another 4 turns to reach me.

The treasure chests are really annoying to get in this map because they're surrounded by poison pots. Sad to say, I will not get them but they're just an Armor Slayer and 5k gold.

Niles at this point probably needs a permanent IV of strength tonics from now on. He picks up a Kodachi for....uh, who needs it? I guess Corrine because of her high strength?

So, my two strongest units will just lose really hard to Ryoma. Again, he's basic Ryoma with no tricks. Goddamn.

The pots on his left and right are buff pots. Don't touch them. The one behind him debuffs strength and defense, but that requires putting a unit in range of Ryoma.

Corrine vs. Ryoma

I'm sorry Ryoma, but you know I can't go back to Hoshido with you. Though it pains me, I will not hesitate to strike you down to save my sister.
Your sister? Hmph. So you still think of the Nohrian royals as your true family.
If you only knew what it would mean to us to have that place in your heart....It's not too late for that. I won't give up on you, Sister. Never. That's why I must win this battle and take you back to Hoshido!
Let us begin!

Azura vs. Ryoma

Azura... Hinoka and Takumi told me you were fighting with the enemy. I had to see it with my own eyes to believe it. What a pity. I suppose the Nohrian blood flowing in your veins lends itself to betrayal..
Think of me what you will, Ryoma. But know that I am, and ever shall be, grateful for my time in Hoshido.
I'm especially grateful for your family, who raised me as their own.
That includes you too, Ryoma. You were like the brother I never had.
Azura... Leave it to you to craft such a lovely farewell. I wish I could forget our time together.
It would make this a lot easier. But enough with farewells.
Let us battle!

RANDOM KILL! 17% CRIT CHANCE!

I'm basically praying for a stray hit and I got it.

Kaze and Jakob do their job to seriously hamper Ryoma's defenses and avoid.

YES

I didn't notice until now how low her skill was. 16 is...yeesh. Coincidentally, Ryoma drops a Secret Book to help with that.

RYOMA, WHY YOU SO BASIC YET STRONG

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
This is the map where I learned how amazing Felicia is with Flame Shurikens after taking them from Saizo. She managed to weaken Ryoma enough for Corrin to sweep in and get the kill.

I enjoy this map because it reminds me of chapter 10 and all the stuff you have to do, but I think the unknown value of the pots ruins a bit of the fun. Yes, you know which is a beneficial and which is a negative if you hover over the pots, but the randomness is a bit too much for me.

Krumbsthumbs fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 30, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Destroying all the pots would have been the better move. Overall it averages out to the enemies coming at you being weakened and while riskier allows you to grab all the chests before wrapping up the map.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Krumbsthumbs posted:

This is the map where I learned how amazing Felicia is with Flame Shurikens after taking them from Saizo. She managed to weaken Ryoma enough for Corrin to sweep in and get the kill.

I enjoy this map because it reminds me of chapter 10 and all the stuff you have to do, but I think the unknown value of the pots ruins a bit of the fun. Yes, you know which is a beneficial and which is a negative if you hover over the pots, but the randomness is a bit too much for me.

The pots are color coded though?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

The pots are color coded though?

The randomness of if you get a heal or stat boost.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:

RareAcumen posted:

The randomness of if you get a heal or stat boost.

The pots aren't random, actually. A kind soul even went ahead and mapped out which one does what and made this neat infographic:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Everyone, retreat! We must escape before Nohrian reinforcements arrive!

Hang in there, Elise. It won't be long now until we can get you that medicine.
Thanks... Corrine... Hee... hee... I'm so glad... You didn't...
go back... to Hoshido... *gasp* *collapses*
ELISE!!

She's running out of time. She needs that medicine now. Stay strong, sweet Elise. We need you to hang in there...

*Time passes*

I believe the worst is over. We can rest easy now. As long as she gets plenty of rest, she should make a full recovery.
Thank you, Azura. Your knowledge of herbs and medicine saved her life. This has been a trying ordeal for all of us. I propose we take this opportunity to rest.
That's a splendid idea. Perhaps you could start by telling me what's on your mind.

I keep wondering how Ryoma knew we'd be here. It's killing me. There's no way the Hoshidan army could have known we were making this detour...

Iago

Yes, I've been pondering that as well. We should remain cautious. There might be those among the Nohrians who wish to see you fall...

Iago

But why? What have I done?

"Because you exist" -Iago

Corrine... Azura...
Elise! You're finally awake. How do you feel?
I was having... a dream... Gunter was there... He was talking to me...

Holy poo poo, someone mentioned Gunter other than Hans.

Gunter? Aw, Elise, you know he... That's not possible.
No... it was really Gunter... He was worried about you... He looked so lonely...

Soon we'll... we'll... Zzz... zzz... zzz...
Elise? ... She's fallen back asleep.

Well, I suppose it was just a dream. Gunter died in the Bottomless Canyon. No matter how much we wish we could see him again, it can never be.
And yet, I can't help feeling bothered by it. Gunter... Are you trying to tell us something?

HMM DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY, AZURA

Character overview

Peri

Class sets: Starts as Cavalier, Dark Mage
PSkill: Bloodthirst-When user triggers the battle and defeats the enemy, Strength, Magic, Skill and Speed +4 for one turn

Growth Rates
HP: 40
STR: 65
MAG: 5
SKL: 40
SPD: 60
LCK: 50
DEF: 35
RES: 50

Peri is the speedster Cavalier. Not much bulk outside of resistance, and her skill growth is actually a bit worrisome. All cons aside, she's still in one of the best classes with Elbow Room and Shelter on deck which really saves her.

Laslow

Class sets: Mercenary, Ninja
PSkill: Fancy Footwork-Strength and Speed +1 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the “Rally” command is used

Growth Rates
HP: 60
STR: 60
MAG: 0
SKL: 65
SPD: 45
LCK: 60
DEF: 45
RES: 30

Laslow is a beefy sword hitter, which isn't as special when there's a half-dozen others that fit this description. What saves Laslow is that he has Ninja as an available class, bumping up his shaky speed to being respectable.

:siren: The Shake-up :siren: We've already seen most of the classes now, partly because Nohr is more on the classic classes. I have two Heart Seals, an Exalt and Hero's brand available. If you any suggestions for the next update's vote you feel strongly about, here's your chance.

Silas, Nyx, and Mozu are unavailable as mentioned before.

Tae fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 30, 2017

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Laslow to Ninja cause ninjas are cool and good.

Azura to Sky Knight cause :unsmigghh:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BrightWing posted:

Laslow to Ninja cause ninjas are cool and good.
and
Selena to Sky Knight

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Ninja Laslow
Sky Knight Selena
Lodestar Arthur
Great Lord Azura

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 30, 2017

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Great Lord Selena
Lodestar Laslow

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass: