Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brainiac Five posted:

I mean, you're sneering about LGBT people, people of color, etc. having any kind of power within the capitalist system

Not what's happening.

Brainiac Five posted:

I hope to God I am never looked on in approval by someone who can look at rudatron's posts and conclude that he's simply a single bad apple rather than a symptom of a leftism that easily dismisses the concerns of minorities as "identity politics". I pray daily that I can be strong enough to avoid the urge, the temptation, to justify evildoers because they happen to agree with me on something. I am sorrowed by your degradation to the point where you apparently think Majorian/Kommisar Staev deserves anything other than a kick in the balls.

Please stop talking about my balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Alienwarehouse posted:

You'll know this country is hosed if this happens.

lol if you hadn't realized the country has been hosed since 1980 when any hope of dealing with climate change went out the window

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Brainiac Five posted:

I mean, you're sneering about LGBT people, people of color, etc. having any kind of power within the capitalist system, so you're either demanding that we remain powerless in order to be moral, or you've never thought about the slogans and catchphrases you puke out on command. I think assuming you're stupid in the first way is much kinder than assuming you're stupid in the second way, what about you?

"How dare you not feel solidarity with the rich tokens of your community in the capitalist class?"

You're free to be in solidarity with Peter Thiel if you want.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Alienwarehouse posted:

You'll know this country is hosed

https://twitter.com/mattwhouse/status/858701586545225728

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

The democrats are a waste

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Agnosticnixie posted:

"How dare you not feel solidarity with the rich tokens of your community in the capitalist class?"

You're free to be in solidarity with Peter Thiel if you want.

So what did you think I was saying because what I thought I was saying was that rejecting any power within the capitalist system is just clinical depression rather than politics, but you seem to be thinking I'm saying Peter Thiel is a good person.

Indeed, the very idea of a "good person" is impossible under capitalism, so I hereby declare you the liberalest liberal that ever liberaled.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Brainiac Five posted:

I mean, you're sneering about LGBT people, people of color, etc. having any kind of power within the capitalist system, so you're either demanding that we remain powerless in order to be moral, or you've never thought about the slogans and catchphrases you puke out on command. I think assuming you're stupid in the first way is much kinder than assuming you're stupid in the second way, what about you?

A Clinton supporter complaining about lack of minority rights in a capitalist system when there was a leftist option in the primaries. :ironicat:

NewForumSoftware posted:

lol if you hadn't realized the country has been hosed since 1980 when any hope of dealing with climate change went out the window

Two neoliberal technocrats and a TV host running in the Democratic Primaries will seal the deal. It would mean that nobody gives a poo poo about leftist policy anymore in favor of fame and consumerist culture.

Alienwarehouse fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 30, 2017

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Brainiac Five posted:

Indeed, the very idea of a "good person" is impossible under capitalism

Except for our lord in heaven Obama who is sticking it to the banks one $400k speaking appearance at a time

Alienwarehouse posted:

It would mean that nobody gives a poo poo about leftist policy in favor of fame and consumerist culture.

don't cross your fingers

NewForumSoftware fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 30, 2017

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Alienwarehouse posted:

A Clinton supporter complaining about lack of minority rights in a capitalism system when there was a leftist option in the primaries. :ironicat:

Two neoliberal technocrats and a TV host running in the Democratic Primaries will seal the deal. It would mean that nobody gives a poo poo about leftist policy anymore in favor of fame and consumerist culture.

Bernie Sanders is a liberal, not a leftist. Just like most of his supporters, just like most of his diehards.

NewForumSoftware posted:

Except for our lord in heaven Obama who is sticking it to the banks one $400k speaking appearance at a time

So is this meant to get you erect or are y'all high-fiving in PMs or what because even the most gullible human being in history would fail to be convinced by this.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Alienwarehouse posted:

The Democratic Primaries in 2020 will likely have Mark Zuckerberg, Mark Cuban, and Oprah participating.

At least Oprah's gonna give me a free car

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Brainiac Five posted:

So is this meant to get you erect or are y'all high-fiving in PMs or what because even the most gullible human being in history would fail to be convinced by this.

I don't have PMs but JeffersonClay was unironically arguing that in this very thread.

Another stand up HRC supporter.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Alienwarehouse posted:

The Democratic Primaries in 2020 will likely have Mark Zuckerberg, Mark Cuban, and Oprah participating. You'll know this country is hosed if this happens.

I don't get what their angle would be. Running without political experience or even less political experience, so far, has only worked when the candidate has had grounds to paint those in power as having had poor judgment despite it, or establishment wing political positions disagree with the majority of the party. For example, establishment Republicans know illegal immigration is good for their businesses, but the majority of the Republican Party is against it. Maybe Zuckerberg will wait until he's had 2020 to computer-optimize his political positions before making them public and had a chance to decide whether to run as independent or whether his chances are best with the Republicans in 2024.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 30, 2017

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I don't have the kind of money to buy other people avatars, but if I did, I would totally buy Brainiac an avatar of Kellyanne Conway. Maybe with Hillary in the background looking over her shoulder, maybe not. All you do is accuse people of doing the exact thing you're doing. You accuse them of looking down upon certain segments of the population, in the most dismissive and derisive attitude possible.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Brainiac Five posted:

So what did you think I was saying because what I thought I was saying was that rejecting any power within the capitalist system is just clinical depression rather than politics, but you seem to be thinking I'm saying Peter Thiel is a good person.

Indeed, the very idea of a "good person" is impossible under capitalism, so I hereby declare you the liberalest liberal that ever liberaled.

"No change can happen under capitalism, not even its end; don't think too deeply why I, a relative beneficiary of the system, would advocate for such a position"

But please just find another way to explain why I'm actually a self-hating homophobe.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Brainiac Five posted:

Bernie Sanders is a liberal, not a leftist. Just like most of his supporters, just like most of his diehards.

I guess this makes Hillary a conservative then, whom you vehemently support.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

NewForumSoftware posted:

I don't have PMs but JeffersonClay was unironically arguing that in this very thread.

Another stand up HRC supporter.

Who the hell cares? Like, what are you trying to accomplish, beyond leaving me with the hope of someday meeting you in person?

Alienwarehouse posted:

I guess this makes Hillary a conservative then, whom you vehemently support.

You know, you're not supposed to be this blatant about the fact that there is nothing to the Bernieist movement beyond a cowardly hatred of Hillary Clinton. It gives the whole game away!

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

galenanorth posted:

I don't get what their angle would be. Running without political experience or even less political experience, so far, has only worked when the candidate has had grounds to paint those in power as having had poor judgment despite it, or establishment wing political positions disagree with the majority of the party. For example, establishment Republicans know illegal immigration is good for their businesses, but the majority of the Republican Party is against it. Maybe Zuckerberg will wait until he's had 2020 to computer-optimize his political positions before making them public, or whether to run as independent or whether his chances are best with the Republicans in 2024.

I think more horrifying than a Zuck presidential run would be Zuck picking up Feinstein's seat and then using that as a trampoline to the white house in 2024.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brainiac Five posted:

Bernie Sanders is a liberal, not a leftist.

Define "liberal" and "leftist," if you would. In your own words, please.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Define "liberal" and "leftist," if you would. In your own words, please.

Liberal- fool who thinks Majorian has good points.

Leftist- recognizes that Majorian is deserving of nothing but the gutter.

Why don't you offer your own definition instead of being a passive-aggressive little piggy?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

liberal: pee pee poo poo
leftist: me

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Brainiac Five posted:

You know, you're not supposed to be this blatant about the fact that there is nothing to the Bernieist movement beyond a cowardly hatred of Hillary Clinton. It gives the whole game away!

I bet you believe Hillary telling the banks to "Cut it out!" was effective, too.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Calibanibal posted:

liberal: pee pee poo poo
leftist: me

Thank you for being a living justification for sadistic torture and murder. Really couldn't do it without ya.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Brainiac Five posted:

Thank you for being a living justification for sadistic torture and murder. Really couldn't do it without ya.

take your meds

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Alienwarehouse posted:

I bet you believe Hillary telling the banks to "Cut it out!" was effective, too.

Just about every manual of practical political science says that you should avoid empty threats, insults without power behind them, etc. because what you do is anger the person without any means to prevent them from harming you. So, do you perhaps have a means to back this up? Because I certainly am quite convinced that the Bernieist movement must be crushed through force as its members are trapped within a depressive spiral of whining and moaning and empty squeaking of the word "abuela".

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

NewForumSoftware posted:

The democrats are a waste
I'm willing to give Schumer the occasional pass for being a dork because he's one of the only influential establishment leaders who figures it's probably a good idea to listen to progressives now and then. Perhaps the only one. And even if he's disingenuous about it, it's still more than we get from the rest of the fuckers.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brainiac Five posted:

Just about every manual of practical political science says that you should avoid empty threats, insults without power behind them, etc. because what you do is anger the person without any means to prevent them from harming you. So, do you perhaps have a means to back this up? Because I certainly am quite convinced that the Bernieist movement must be crushed through force as its members are trapped within a depressive spiral of whining and moaning and empty squeaking of the word "abuela".

fishmech did the mods start funding your posting after Correct the Record died, because jesus dude

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Brainiac Five posted:

Can we just get to the part where you melt down and tell someone to kill themselves so we can bring the quality of the thread back up to "trash fire?"

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

u want to torture and murder me...

heh, you wouldnt be the first to try, and you likely wont be the last

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brainiac Five posted:

Liberal- fool who thinks Majorian has good points.

Leftist- recognizes that Majorian is deserving of nothing but the gutter.

Why don't you offer your own definition instead of being a passive-aggressive little piggy?

Because you're the one claiming that Sanders is a liberal and not a leftist. It's important for you to define your terms when constructing your argument, Eff. I'm glad I could be helpful in clarifying this for you.:)

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Brainiac Five posted:

That's funny because I think Democrats like you should be literally crushed by trapping them in a hydraulic press and flipping the switch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Brainiac Five posted:

Reminder that Bernie supported LGBT people and minorities for most of his life, while that imbecile Hillary Clinton waited until 2013. Oh, you didn't know that, did you?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brainiac Five posted:

Just about every manual of practical political science says that you should avoid empty threats, insults without power behind them, etc. because what you do is anger the person without any means to prevent them from harming you.

So why do you ignore this very sound advice so frequently and flagrantly?

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Alienwarehouse posted:

Reminder that Bernie supported LGBT people and minorities for most of his life, while that imbecile Hillary Clinton waited until 2013. Oh, you didn't know that, did you?

It still blows my mind to this day that Hillary Clinton, volunteer for the Goldwater campaign, has supporters who accuse Bernie Sanders, who was marching with MLK jr at the time, of being racist.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Because you're the one claiming that Sanders is a liberal and not a leftist. It's important for you to define your terms when constructing your argument, Eff. I'm glad I could be helpful in clarifying this for you.:)

Nope, actually, it's on you to, if disputing this claim, to offer a counter-argument. The funny thing about platitudes, you sniveling little weasel, is that they can be used to justify just about anything.

Kilroy posted:

That's funny because I think Democrats like you should be literally crushed by trapping them in a hydraulic press and flipping the switch.

But you ain't got the means to murder me, nor the gumption. You'd be puking your itsy little guts out when push came to shove.

Alienwarehouse posted:

Oh, you mean the part where he sponsored a pride parade, just like the loving cops do, or the part where he only started supporting gay marriage when mainline Dems did, or the part where you wave him marching with Dr. King around like it's the Soviet flag?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

So why do you ignore this very sound advice so frequently and flagrantly?

But I do have power to back them up.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brainiac Five posted:

Nope, actually, it's on you to, if disputing this claim, to offer a counter-argument.

This is actually incorrect - you made the assertion, so the onus is on you to define your terms, substantiate your argument, etc.

Once again, I am thrilled that I can be helpful.:)

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Brainiac Five posted:

But I do have power to back them up.

lol we've now gotten to "I will beat you up over the internet"

why do you melt down so hard/often?

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

This is actually incorrect - you made the assertion, so the onus is on you to define your terms, substantiate your argument, etc.

Once again, I am thrilled that I can be helpful.:)

On the contrary, no disputation has come up, so no debate is happening, so there is no purpose in doing so. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

NewForumSoftware posted:

lol we've now gotten to "I will beat you up over the internet"

why do you melt down so hard/often?

Over the Internet? No, I could simply fill out Smiting Requisition Form 11AA and have you stricken with all manner of diseases.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

NewForumSoftware posted:

It still blows my mind to this day that Hillary Clinton, volunteer for the Goldwater campaign, has supporters who accuse Bernie Sanders, who was marching with MLK jr at the time, of being racist.

Hillary had the entire corporate media apparatus pushing falsehoods like this for her. There are tons of people out there who still believe that giant media corporations like CNN have their best interests in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Alienwarehouse posted:

Hillary had the entire corporate media apparatus pushing falsehoods like this for her. There are tons of people out there who still believe that giant media corporations like CNN have their best interests in mind.

uh oh incoming "Berniest conspiracy supervillain monologue" incoming

• Locked thread