Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Women should be there to support men, and tend to their physical needs while men should be rewarded for learning lessons no more complex than "man, sure is hard sometimes." Genndy must be a miserable gently caress of a trillby'd mouthbreather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm kinda feeling weird about the fight scenes here in comparison to episode 2 and 3. These were really static and the movement far too clear, almost slow. 2 and 3 were exceptional in their framing and pace, forcing you to try to keep up with the momentum. It made for an engaging scene. I felt really removed from this, which should have been a pivotal showdown against an emotionally weighty character.

Bit bummed.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Women should be there to support men, and tend to their physical needs while men should be rewarded for learning lessons no more complex than "man, sure is hard sometimes." Genndy must be a miserable gently caress of a trillby'd mouthbreather.

TwoDayLife posted:

Source your quotes.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

VJeff posted:

His frustration made him kill innocents instead of fighting to save them as he usually does. That's what did it.

"Like those kids that were killed!" by Ghost Jack in a previous episode could also refer to goats/rams. :v:

Also, I really enjoyed this episode. I broke out into a grin by the second time they did the contrast between Ashi (external) and Jack (internal). :haw: A little on the nose, but I'll take it.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Apr 30, 2017

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Jack lost the sword because the animals he killed had cute corpses I guess

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
He hunted deer and other things, but cute little goats that were trying to murder him draws the line I guess.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I did like the reminder that Ashi and the Daughters were actually pretty well-trained murder machines, they just got sent after the murderingest machine of all. And of course Ashi would beat the Mother (it wasn't even particularly close) since if she'd been stronger than her daughters in the first place then she'd have been the one to go after Jack.

Still a bit surprised they took out Jack's angry inner voice thing so "early", but I guess they're tight on time. Going back to the classic look sort of suggests he's put to bed his earlier internal conflict so I guess it might be fairly smooth sailing, character-wise, from this point.

Edit: the main thing about the cute goats is they attacked him due to Aku's magic and Jack killed them to vent his frustrations over his own failure. Hunting for food in nature is normal enough, but lashing out in anger like that violates Jack's own ethics.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

and he didn't even eat the goats

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

He hunted deer and other things, but cute little goats that were trying to murder him draws the line I guess.

The goats were outright trying to help him. Hunting something for food is one thing, but killing and eating something that was actively helping you isn't something that would sit right with most.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

As funny as it was, I think the episode could have been improved by cutting the whole army/tea ceremony back and forth. Instead, do a shortened version of the tea thing, cut back to Ashi already having destroyed that army, and then put in a slightly longer High Priestsss fight.

Then give Jack's epiphany more time to breathe, because the quick defeat of red jack and gaining the sword was almost too fast. Left a weird pacing feeling with me.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
It's kinda irrelevant what he killed were. Whether humans or animals he still killed unwitting living beings that were already victims of Aku. It's enough to put huge self-blame on someone as altruistic as Jack.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
I find it kinda funny that Jack lost the sword literally seconds after the last time Aku saw him, and Aku never noticed. Fifty years wallowing in his lair for nothing, and now Jack has his sword back before Aku could even notice. Boy, that's gonna piss him off.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The God's seem to be rather picky about who they let clean up their mess.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Look, anyone can swing a katana around, but it's really hard to get a proper cup of tea.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ZorajitZorajit posted:

A lesson being simplistic doesn't make it easier to digest or practice. Ashi went through much the same lesson of letting go of her anger and seeing the world as it is rather than as her doubts and fears projected it only a few episodes ago.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I imagine it's more a question of the aftermath. They could give a cool magical sword that defeats everything and is unbreakable to any old schmuk, but once that schmuk has defeated Aku, anyone who isn't balanced is likely to become an evil themselves because they have such great power. By showing restraint in who they give it to they reduce the chance of that happening.

tsob fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 30, 2017

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This episode was alright too. I'm just glad it looks like the series is properly leading to Jack getting back to the past.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

nerdman42 posted:

As funny as it was, I think the episode could have been improved by cutting the whole army/tea ceremony back and forth. Instead, do a shortened version of the tea thing, cut back to Ashi already having destroyed that army, and then put in a slightly longer High Priestsss fight.

Then give Jack's epiphany more time to breathe, because the quick defeat of red jack and gaining the sword was almost too fast. Left a weird pacing feeling with me.

I feel like the army should've been cut completely, giving more time for the Priestess fight, along with more time for Jack to deal with Red Jack. We would've taken out a Looney Tunes fight sequence and the balance thing wouldn't have felt so rushed.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 30, 2017

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Need a gif of Jack smiling as he's falling through the portal and Aku's arm grabbing him back out.

Eye laser haircut and shave! Free clothes too!

http://i.imgur.com/FADsewy.gifv

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

moosecow333 posted:

The jump between Jack's tea making and Ashi's murder spree was really well done.

the juxtaposition of Ashi fighting her mom, who had ruled her life, with Jack "fighting" Mad Jack, who had been ruling his life since Aku destroyed the portal, was real good

also Happy Jokey Evil Aku at the beginning of the episode was awesome and while story-line wise i know there's a slim chance he comes back fully, I really really want him to come back fully

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Aku was such a dick, it drove Jack insane and made him lose his sword.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Honestly why were/are there so many random time portals anyway?

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Caidin posted:

Aku prob tosses randos through time on the reg, just to give himself a little surprise in the future.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Caidin posted:

The future is run by a shapeshifting wizard king.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Imagine I posted that one comic about the wizard who conjures a bunch of shotguns for no reason here.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Dolash posted:

Imagine I posted that one comic about the wizard who conjures a bunch of shotguns for no reason here.

Can I just ask you to post it for realsies, because I've no idea what that comic is but it sounds fun.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

tsob posted:

Can I just ask you to post it for realsies, because I've no idea what that comic is but it sounds fun.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

tsob posted:

Edit: beaten
http://gunshowcomic.com/30

Also Scaramouch is gonna be in for it now, when he tells Aku Jack lost his sword and gets Aku off his rear end only to walk face-first into the Definitely-Sword-Having Samurai.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

angry jack had a point

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dolash posted:

Edit: beaten
http://gunshowcomic.com/30

Also Scaramouch is gonna be in for it now, when he tells Aku Jack lost his sword and gets Aku off his rear end only to walk face-first into the Definitely-Sword-Having Samurai.

He's going to get eye zapped so hard.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The entire show captured in ten seconds.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

If only Jack had just cut Aku's hand off!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I feel like the army should've been cut completely, giving more time for the Priestess fight, along with more time for Jack to deal with Red Jack. We would've taken out a Looney Tunes fight sequence and the balance thing wouldn't have felt so rushed.

This. Have Ashi watching Jack's back when she catches a sudden arrow from the darkness. Intro Mother, carry on.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The worst video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCn8_siOqlY

Is Jack To Old For Ashi? posted:

He still got the body, the organs, the sperm, all of a young man and he should be able to be with Ashi because

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Oh for gently caress's sake. :cripes:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Why would you willingly listen to someone with this voice.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That's one of those things where just scrolling past it was enough to creep me out and kinda bum me out at the same time because that person exists and possibly talks at other, more innocent people about this stuff.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

This is, like, the exact opposite of those people who go "Actually, it's not pedophilia, she's actually 2,000 years old and just happens to look 8 so it's ok"

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I really hope there aren't any love interests in this series aside form platonic familial love

Yes, I know "platonic" should be a given

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Yak of Wrath posted:

Aku prob tosses randos through time on the reg, just to give himself a little surprise in the future.

You know considering the first season had Jack try a science type of TT(launching an escape pod at the nose of a ship just as it goes light speed), Jack really should have spent 50 years making a giant science machine city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Sentient Data posted:

I really hope there aren't any love interests in this series aside form platonic familial love

I'm thinking the Scotsman's ghost sees Jack with Ashi and gets all excited that Jack found himself a wife, making things awkward for a second. That's about as far as love interest I'm willing to tolerate with how little time they've had together.

• Locked thread