Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zore posted:

I mean a lot of that relies on metaknowledge and Persona experience tbf. Like knowing what things most efficiently raise your stats, having a matching Arcana, beelining for Chihaya's link etc.

Going in totally blind this game is incredibly hard to max out in one go, especially since there are so many activities that just eat time.

i'm honestly kind of disappointed the capsule machine doesn't eat time anymore, that was such an amazing dick move

sorry yukiko died but in my defense turning that machine handle was extremely hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dragonatrix posted:

Regular fusion uses Base level. Treasure demon fusion uses Current level.
Weird. I wonder whether that's deliberate or whether someone used the wrong variable when coding the new rule.

Yinlock posted:

I think it depends on how meticulous you are about getting the best answers to s-link questions

if you always have the right persona + right answers then you barely have to hang out with them at all before a rankup
Being religious about having the right persona makes a huge difference. I was only "okay" with my answers for most of them and I still came reasonably close to max.

Zore posted:

I mean a lot of that relies on metaknowledge and Persona experience tbf. Like knowing what things most efficiently raise your stats, having a matching Arcana, beelining for Chihaya's link etc.
Pretty sure it still doesn't even tell you about Arcana matching for social links until the first time you do it by accident.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am looking forward to my NG+ run to hanging out at all the random locations to get stuff for my room, I didn't have time to do most of that the first go

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm reasonably close to maxing everything, but won't do it because Temperance block and Ohya.

I'm not too fussed about it since I'll NG+ for the Platinum anyway.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

Also could we update the OP with "Feel free to do Palaces as early as possible, the game will never do any timeskip scenarios after completing a Palace"

I'd also like to add "Sun confidant fucks off early december" to the OP because I actually used the OP in place of a proper in depth guide and I got screwed.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Andrast posted:

Fortune 7 means you never have to hang out with anyone without a rank up.

yeah but then you can't get cool stuff for your room

i have a giant chocolate fountain next to my houseplant

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm reasonably close to maxing everything, but won't do it because Temperance block and Ohya.

I'm not too fussed about it since I'll NG+ for the Platinum anyway.

temperance max is like the most important rank, free coffee/curry, can go out at night after exploring, and free access to the most powerful arms dealer in the game: the washing machine

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yinlock posted:

yeah but then you can't get cool stuff for your room

i have a giant chocolate fountain next to my houseplant

You can do that after you have maxed them all out. I had like three weeks left when I maxed all social links.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

like the washing machine will make all your armor dreams come true, once you hit 100k in Shady Commodities they start selling smokestained/seedy/spyware gear which can be washed into stuff way better than anything you can buy

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I'd also like to add "Sun confidant fucks off early december" to the OP because I actually used the OP in place of a proper in depth guide and I got screwed.
Also that Temperance becomes uncompleteable around the same time.

Yinlock posted:

temperance max is like the most important rank, free coffee/curry, can go out at night after exploring, and free access to the most powerful arms dealer in the game: the washing machine
I never felt like I got anything good from the washing machine; it always seemed to be one dungeon behind. Was I just unlucky?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Yinlock posted:

She actually washes stuff for free by rank 9 already. She's just stuck there because (post-palace 7 spoilers)I'd have to go to school to get that final rank and I'm dead.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

NRVNQSR posted:

I never felt like I got anything good from the washing machine; it always seemed to be one dungeon behind. Was I just unlucky?

You were probably just unlucky or looking for the wrong stuff. Armor isn't super important as a stat and the clothes can have really powerful stat-boosts or passives.

Like its almost impossible to find male +Mag or +Agi stuff without them.

Seriously, +Agi stuff on Joker lets you wipe most random encounters so easily.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 30, 2017

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

it doesn't pick up until you start seeing "spyware-laden gear" or w/e, which can be washed into UFO stuff which provides 180+ defense when the store's selling 120s

i'm currently rocking 200+ defense items in palace 6 from buying dirty clothes from shady commodities

(to get access to SC buy a broken laptop from the secondhand store and some tools from akihabara)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endure+Protect is such a good safety measure against instant death procs.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

Nobody should ever let this happen.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Motto posted:

Endure+Protect is such a good safety measure against instant death procs.

or if you're super lame the badges from the p1 costume dlc make them trivial

don't do that though

(i do have the p1 costume dlc though because i like the p1 remake battle theme okay)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Yinlock posted:

(i do have the p1 costume dlc though because i like the p1 remake battle theme okay)
It's good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Nobody should ever let this happen.

same but also sun

sun s-link requires 0 effort(he always ranks up and doesn't require a mementos dive) and all his abilities are pretty good

also he's a cool dude

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Harlock posted:

It's good

i also have the yasogami uniforms and the dancing costume(because I wanted reach out to the truth and the yasogami ones only have time to make history) because I make poor life choices

on that note the Picaro designs are hit or miss but holy poo poo Magatsu Izanagi Picaro looks dope as hell

it has a double-bladed knife, it's "horns" are uneven and the end of it's coat is in tatters

it's like if izanagi got into a barfight and also had his face replaced with a jack o lantern

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 30, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Andrast posted:

Fortune 7 means you never have to hang out with anyone without a rank up.

You absolutely do.

How else will I get my Rise poster or Chocolate Fountain!?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Supremezero posted:

You absolutely do.

How else will I get my Rise poster or Chocolate Fountain!?

see this guy knows what's up

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
ann gave me a rise poster and a chocolate fountain i knew i should've dated her

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Moltrey posted:

ann gave me a rise poster and a chocolate fountain i knew i should've dated her

Game should've let you date now highly successful Idol Rise, skip the middleman. Who cares if she's 20 now, there's almost as many adult women S links as high school women S links (equal amount if you count non-dateable Sae)!

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 30, 2017

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Completed the Strength Confidant, I now have a Level 75 Siegfried in Palace 6. Hopefully I haven't completely broken the game and made it easy now.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

JackDarko posted:

Completed the Strength Confidant, I now have a Level 75 Siegfried in Palace 6. Hopefully I haven't completely broken the game and made it easy now.
You have, if you use Siegfried at least.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Just completed Strength thanks to the fusions some goons helped with, now to fuse myself an uberpersona before I complete the game

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I dated Ann and she gave me the dolls and aaaaaaaaahhh :3:

Hopefully I get back to the dungeons soon cos the game sure likes to spin its wheels in between, but it's really good wheel spinning so I don't mind too much!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

So I have a question about social links. I'm on new game plus and since the game still hasn't really opened up yet (early June) I'm pretty much following the gamefaqs guide save for being able to do things like rank up Sojiro faster or start Iwai waaaay earlier (not to mention finishing Strength in one visit :hellyeah:) but Ann just plain hasn't shown up for me the last two times she should have. Is there some kind of random variance?

It doesn't matter too much because new game plus but I have been wondering where the hell shes been.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Quick question: What is the point of that ability Chihaya gets that lets you see the next confidant ability for someone? You can already do that by just going into the Confidant menu and hitting right on the D-pad. Am I missing something?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Instant Grat posted:

Quick question: What is the point of that ability Chihaya gets that lets you see the next confidant ability for someone? You can already do that by just going into the Confidant menu and hitting right on the D-pad. Am I missing something?

You can only do that in the menu if they get the ability their next rank up, if I'm remembering right.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I guess you might be able to pay to see the next one after that? I never used it since even without online lists confidant abilities are pretty obvious.

e: ^ nah it tells you when you'll get an ability next. So if you're at 5 and the next ability is at 7 it'll say "7-Whatever" on their confidant page.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I tried it once; I'm pretty sure she shows you one more future ability than you normally see.

Yes, it's useless. Maybe at one point in development you didn't see any future abilities unless you went to her?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So I'm curious, what happens if you start a Confidant after the events of palace 6? Do you still get an interrogation scene?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Just started Sae's Palace, and I can't imagine any of the future dungeon themes will top "Whims of Fate."

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Is the only opportunity to give gifts during the non level up interactions? Kinda hard to justify those after unlocking Fortune lvl 7. Maybe I'll just do it for role playing purposes...

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Poltergrift posted:

Just started Sae's Palace, and I can't imagine any of the future dungeon themes will top "Whims of Fate."

I actually really like the music and audio design in the next dungeon after that one, but yeah; Whims of Fate is consistently the most popular.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

PirateBob posted:

Is the only opportunity to give gifts during the non level up interactions? Kinda hard to justify those after unlocking Fortune lvl 7. Maybe I'll just do it for role playing purposes...

basically the only justification is that it seems that characters have one item in particular that will get a unique reaction out of them if you give it to them

like if you give Makoto the motorbike figurine she nerds out about it

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

CharlestonJew posted:

basically the only justification is that it seems that characters have one item in particular that will get a unique reaction out of them if you give it to them

Tae gets really happy if you give her the coffee cup because she's real into bean juice

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

There's more than one per character, at least sometimes. Like, obviously the bike is by far the best gift for Makoto but I'm pretty sure she also has a unique response to the high-class perfume.

It's not as interesting.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ROFL Octopus posted:

So I have a question about social links. I'm on new game plus and since the game still hasn't really opened up yet (early June) I'm pretty much following the gamefaqs guide save for being able to do things like rank up Sojiro faster or start Iwai waaaay earlier (not to mention finishing Strength in one visit :hellyeah:) but Ann just plain hasn't shown up for me the last two times she should have. Is there some kind of random variance?

It doesn't matter too much because new game plus but I have been wondering where the hell shes been.

Here's a less dumb way to phrase it: Ann isn't showing up, everyone else still is. Didn't have this happen last playthrough. Anyone else encounter something like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Very end game question I'm getting my friends out of the Velvet Room now is there a save point at all soon? Thought I was going into a final boss at memento depth and not sure I can complete the entire game today.