Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

its all nice on rice posted:

I spray deer urine on the wheels in the hopes that they'll get attacked by an errant buck.

I bring an 8mm wrench with me so I can just open up the bleed nipples on all the calipers.

captainOrbital fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
My wife asked me to take my 9 year old to school. I took her to school on the back of my motorcycle and now my wife is super mad.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Yuns posted:

My wife asked me to take my 9 year old to school. I took her to school on the back of my motorcycle and now my wife is super mad.

soooo give the wife a ride.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

cursedshitbox posted:

soooo give the wife a ride.

Agreed

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Yuns posted:

Braaap days are the best school days, your wife is nuts lmbo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Yuns posted:

Awesome.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yuns posted:

now my wife is super mad.

Welcome to that married bike life.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Welcome to that married bike life.

How often am i gonna run into "I bought another bike without consulting my wife, and now she's mad"?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Yuns posted:

That's messed up. My son rides up front so he can help me steer.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Just buy one of these for your kid.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Bananana posted:

How often am i gonna run into "I bought another bike without consulting my wife, and now she's mad"?

Every time you buy a bike, basically

It's easier if you sell one first but ......

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
I have two bikes. I'm pretty sure coming home with a third bike without consulting the wife would get me killed. I am however going to go test ride Ducatis next weekend when the Ducati Experience Tour hits NJ. Anyone else going to it?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
You guys have some uptight spouses.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
For real. I usually tell my wife I want to buy another bike and she rolls her eyes, asks why the gently caress I need another bike, and gives in. She doesn't get why I couldn't just ride my old 03 450 until the end of time. The 350 "looks exactly the same".

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Yuns posted:

I have two bikes. I'm pretty sure coming home with a third bike without consulting the wife would get me killed. I am however going to go test ride Ducatis next weekend when the Ducati Experience Tour hits NJ. Anyone else going to it?

Nah, I can hang out at coffee shops on my own.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Every time you buy a bike, basically

It's easier if you sell one first but ......

gently caress that, she's gonna be mad anyways

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Wife and I are splitting so I'm buying a third motorcycle just because (I don't want to spill my nice bike at the track).

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Just buy them and don't tell her is my way of doing it, she rarely goes into the garage anyway.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Just buy her one and let her have fun too... actually be careful with that because according to my wife I don't get another bike until she has a new one so there are downsides

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I keep pointing out bikes that are just the right size for my girlfriend to see how long it takes before she caves and at least tries riding.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I tried to get my ex to take the MSF after she rode with me and loved it. She has a short cakewalk commute to work through a super quiet neighborhood, and she wanted to be the badass girl who rode in to the office. I helped her pick a jacket, helmet, etc, even said I'd do the MSF again with her.

Tears in rain, etc. :gbsmith:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I tried to get my ex to take the MSF after she rode with me and loved it. She has a short cakewalk commute to work through a super quiet neighborhood, and she wanted to be the badass girl who rode in to the office. I helped her pick a jacket, helmet, etc, even said I'd do the MSF again with her.

Tears in rain, etc. :gbsmith:

How did you take her on a ride without gear and helmet?

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Chichevache posted:

How did you take her on a ride without gear and helmet?

I just loaned her an old helmet bro, it was too big but we ripped some twisties.

(I told her I'd take her riding as long as she had gear - I helped her shop for it, and wouldn't take her out until she had it. The MSF suggestions came after once I knew she liked riding)

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Apr 30, 2017

primitive
Mar 14, 2001

I AM A CHEAPSKATE WHO HAS HAD THE STUPID NEWBIE BABY AVATAR FOR 12 YEARS.
My girlfriend was the one that introduced me to riding, and she's got a bigger / badder bike than me (Ninja 1000 vs Tiger 800)

Still makes me carry everything in my panniers though :(

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

tjones posted:

Don't touch peoples poo poo with out permission.

I take up the whole space when I park at the front of the space also so cars won't try to whip in quickly without seeing my bike. I also don't park in someone else's spot unless there is tons of room or I personally know them.

I know people who are semi disabled and still ride. They need a little more space to get mounted and situated. I don't assume and leave plenty of space knowing this.

I can gladly find another space if needed because I'm not entitled.

Agree 100%, voted tjones.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

primitive posted:

Still makes me carry everything in my panniers though :(

She keeps using her clutch too much when going out

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

GriszledMelkaba posted:

She keeps using her clutch too much when going out

Thats why i bought my gf a purse.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

gently caress anything in my life that isn't motorcycles.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I love you motorcycles! I'll never leave you!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

No. 6 posted:

gently caress anything in my life that isn't motorcycles.

Ask me about snapping a tiny fitting on my plastic thermostat housing, leaving me with no four-wheeled transport. At the same time that the only roadworthy bike in the household has no float bowl o-ring. Cause that was my day today!

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

My tank looks like this from the PO:

I just saw "tank sliders" that will cover it up, but they're carbon fiber which I'm not wild about :

Better to have road rash on the tank, or look potentially squidy / 2 fast 2 furious? Eventually this will probably become a track bike so they may be worth it, but probably not for a couple of years.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If the sliders cover it up they will likely be the cheapest option, unless you can find a good tank on thief-bay.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
You can get those sliders in all sorts of finishes, just look around. Whatever you do though, make sure you really thoroughly clean up that rust before you put them on.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

MomJeans420 posted:

My tank looks like this from the PO:

If it were my bike I would throw some duct tape on there. It'll even match your paint.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Clean up that rust like crazy, paint over it (brush probably) and stick that tank slider on. The tank slider looks less ridiculous than the road rash.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

poo poo I think r-type may be right, they probably won't cover it completely. What's the proper procedure for cleaning up the rust? I'm guessing clean, sand, degrease, base coat, clear coat? I've touched up car paint before and have tack cloths, sand paper, DA polisher, etc, but I've never had to deal with rust before.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The correct method is stickers.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

http://www.colorrite.com

After you clean up the rust. And yeah your rust removal procedure is basically correct

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
mild mannered james may on bike thieves.
https://drivetribe.com/p/VNj_vFUgTNKalrVBDpzzjQ?iid=dBXtBTDwSq-D1ZFIRoY9kA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

He's right though. Capital punishment is an effective way to prevent repeat offenses.